Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

can´t wait for tomorow...not as much becouse of Chelsea..but i want to see Coates, Maxi, Spearing, Kelly and Carra play again..that is if they start.. i think they should..

ivyl3jRnuhMUJ.gif

Lucas stats in that match against City prove that he played a fantastic match (cfr. chalkboard on the Guardian website).

It would be interesting to see his stats from this and last season and compare them to Masch's. I always had the impression that Masch was a lot better, but atm I'm not sure. He might run around more, or look like he is running around more but Lucas seems to be doing a very similar job but looking less spectacular while doing it.

Agree.
Lucas is more understated, low key than Mascherano. I always liked Mascherano a lot, but i think Lucas is more effective because his low key play will prevent him from having as much cards as Mascherano.

Like i already said: Lucas is the unsunf hero of the EPL...definitely would be in my team of the league right at this moment.

Edit: on second thought, i would hesitate between Parker and Lucas.

It would be interesting to see his stats from this and last season and compare them to Masch's. I always had the impression that Masch was a lot better, but atm I'm not sure. He might run around more, or look like he is running around more but Lucas seems to be doing a very similar job but looking less spectacular while doing it.

I remember reading something a while back when everyone was praising Masch so much that Lucas' stats were better than Masch's. He won more tackles and his pass completion was better too. I've always said to people around my way that he isn't as bad as people make out. He used to be a bit slow on the ball and get caught out a bit but he's improved that now. He's not spectacular by any means but he does a great job for the team. I like him. Always have tbh.

So, there will be people in here now saying he's good but would have slated him in the past. It took him some time to become the player he is now. Maybe that will happen with other players to?

Moral of the story, STFU with all the whinging and support the players and team you double headed gits. If not, bugger off and support someone else.

Disclaimer: That last comment isn't aimed at everyone.

Lucas is our most important player after Reina.

As someone said: "Lucas is all the proof you need for giving young players time."

Last edited:

I rate masch much more imo he msy have less tackles by stat wise which could be very misleading I'm sure Suarez has lots of tackles stat wise. I know masch tackles were huge and breaking up plays or the simple fact how he added that extra pressure by shadowing a player movement and seeing him at cb and doing well is volumes.

I ,also feel Lucas faith will pay in the end he's been loyal and patient so Liverpool r the real winners at least macsh drew the line and Lucas has the opportunity to advance from it. He's part of the new generation the nasri n fab of Arsenal. Im sure he'll stay for many years to come too

why the hell in earth he should get that penalty ?????? what a stupid guy he really is , he know hes already on trubble so why he have to get again in his fucking ass ?

there are 10 players on field who can shot before him Reina too

btw. did he ever shot a penalty in his life ? or was first one ?

he didn´t get that penalty, he simply wanted to score it becouse it came after Alex prevent him scoring a goal with his head.. and it was not his first one ;)

you are a true supporter hands down.

Typical. We start to get a player really in form and BANG, out he goes with an injury. So frustrating.

We are looking good.

Coates has all the talent to be next SAMI for us.. 5 milion for him is a joke.. :)

We are having some great young players in him and Kelly...

Smile on my face as we are realy seeing something this days..

Love the away support..it´s been phenomenal and unique in whole England.. fantastic

worried about Lucas as he´s the type who would even play with broken leg :/

i´m happy (except of Lucas injury).

Thought that was a really good performance. Bellamy, Coates, Maxi, Henderson and Lucas all played great. Not Carroll's greatest game, he REALLY needs to work on how to control a ball, but it's encouraging to see the teams performances improve over the last few games.

LFC form since Spurs: WWWDDWWDWDW

he didn´t get that penalty, he simply wanted to score it becouse it came after Alex prevent him scoring a goal with his head.. and it was not his first one ;)

you are a true supporter hands down.

and you are a true supporter ? I remember we did in my street when i play with my friends i was 10 years old , and we did who won penalty shot it ;) so profesional ;)

where he shot in training ?

he should leave to someone like bellamy and at the last take some credits for get penalty not lose them and get on minus

Im worry about Lucas hope isnt injured that bad coz he rule the midlefield , love to see again bellamy and maxi starting wish in next match for Premier League they start together with Suarez

our guys play well we really have good defenders now also spearing did well i love this guy

Tonight it was our tipical "one man team" performance..

Sack Dalglish! :RANT:

Good times.

TrollFaceDancing.gif

and you are a true supporter ? I remember we did in my street when i play with my friends i was 10 years old , and we did who won penalty shot it ;) so profesional ;)

where he shot in training ?

he should leave to someone like bellamy and at the last take some credits for get penalty not lose them and get on minus

Im worry about Lucas hope isnt injured that bad coz he rule the midlefield , love to see again bellamy and maxi starting wish in next match for Premier League they start together with Suarez

our guys play well we really have good defenders now also spearing did well i love this guy

But why are you writing this..it was a penalty shoot he choosed to take simply becouse he felt he will score..he took the chance..and he didn´t so what? what´s the problem? at least write your critics after the match end not pick after every single mistake he does... he was better than Torres tonight wasn´t he? He at least created that penalty...

He was the penalty taker in Newcastle, correct me if wrong..

Great to know about the win....
great prospects for the future....just wish Bellamy was 25 yrs old.. :-)

I hope Lucas is not out for long.

Lucas injury is apparently not so bad..

anyway i leave this picture here... i think it´s very emotional..

6O5lA.jpg

If it isn't suarez, it's carroll, wonder what would happen to this thread if neither played in the match :P

I think tonight made me realize how much I like Lucas.

I was concerned he was injured and hoped he wouldn't be out long.

Beautifull picture with Bellamy and Dalglish...says more than 1000 words.

I will shut up now.

I'm sorry guys. I was to blame for Lucas' injury. Just after he got tackled by Ramires I was thinking to myself how fit he must be as he never gets injured even though he is always colliding and tackling with players....and within 10sec BAM!

Hope it's not too serious, looked like it could be. Good performance, but for a couple of moments in the 2nd half (missed most of the 1st as I didn't know it was on the tele) Liverpool looked comfortable.

Amusing to see Kenny have another dig at the schedulers.

Yeah, Henderson was sandwiched between him and Bertrand. Fortunately for Lukaku the players all collided at the same time, otherwise he could have been sent off. If the ref had had a clear view. Instead the ref missed it and booked Bertrand, who didn't really do much other then collide with Henderson.

It was a horrible tackle and really could've been far worse for Henderson. We were lucky Henderson didn't have his ankle broken and Lukaku was so lucky to get away with it really.

Lukaku playing for Chelsea is not really a success story until now...he made a big mistake going to Chelsea...i know he is a big fan...but it's too soon for him...
I've always found him overrated...he has a very poor first touch and that is disastrous for a CF (as Liverpool fans know).

Back
Top Bottom