Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Getting better and had some good chances to win there. Lucas, Adam, Suarez and Agger all stood out for me. I'd like to see players a bit more attack-minded and support Suarez. Too many times the ball is getting up to him and there's nobody remotely close to help him out or making a run for him.

But a good draw, happy with the point but feel we could've won too. A draw but we were going for the win so no complaints here.

Joe Hart is a superb goalkeeper, just gets better and better. The saves from Adam and Carroll were incredible.

and the one from Downing maybe best one..

you forgot Skrtel,imho better than Agger tonight..

Maxi should have come instead of Downing sooner...to bad we didnt used him tonight

Good game, but where tha fck was Maxi? Downing's last shot concludes his performance. Hart was in great shape today, but Reina also. It could easily end good for City. But again, too many missed chances for Liverpool.

whats up with Balotelli, wonder how long will Mancini tolerate this guy..

shame we dont get 3 points today , I really dont get 2 things , first Kuyt off when he was playing great

and I read here Adam was great but not for me tho , if u look good almost all chances for score to city com after hes wrongs so thats BAD

also Henderson dont have balls , cmon he play so "easy" (dont know the word in english) and have fear to play to pas to move everything guy its to young to play special in big matchs like this

and we were playing so great big presion when Balloteli was send off we stop ? WTF I think Kenny wrong with strategy special on last min puting kuyt off and carroll in

Lucas was PERFECT

Kuyt playing great? He was pretty awful, along with Enrique, in giving the ball away countless times. Cost us so much in possession in my opinion.

People who talk here about lost points are not realistic, on paper even City's second team is better than Liverpool.
In the end Liverpool could have won it, but to be fair the equaliser was a freak goal.
Lucas is the unsung hero of the Premier League. One of the most consistent and usefull players. the opposite of the flashy Brazilian one thinks off, but boy what a great player...

People who talk here about lost points are not realistic, on paper even City's second team is better than Liverpool.
In the end Liverpool could have won it, but to be fair the equaliser was a freak goal.
Lucas is the unsung hero of the Premier League. One of the most consistent and usefull players. the opposite of the flashy Brazilian one thinks off, but boy what a great player...

im talking about FOOTBALL and not valute of player ;)

so if YOU are realiscit u say LIVERPOOL MERIT 3 POINTS , on his match at the last so stop giving names coz we saw what city are
and we LOSE 2 points same as we did vs United always im talking about FOOTBALL not about players not about valute not about money ;)

@Dags he was playing hard and giving much so thats imporant not henderson that every time get the ball just look to gsend away dont care to who from fear he have !

Last edited:

Great game, Pool should probably of won. Stunner of a save from Hart at the end, but I guess you could also say from that distance Carroll shouldn't have given him a chance.

Also saw this: http://www.abload.de/img/suarezg6ujn.gif - a tactic he clearly learned while playing in Holland: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5633/9scu3a.gif

Just lovely that. Go in to hurt someone, and immediately act like you're hurt. He's talented, but that's so uncalled for.

..Oh boy, so he is a actor, so are 194857 players mate, untill someone won´t do anything agains such behaviour, nothing will chainge...

Great game, Pool should probably of won. Stunner of a save from Hart at the end, but I guess you could also say from that distance Carroll shouldn't have given him a chance.

Also saw this: http://www.abload.de/img/suarezg6ujn.gif - a tactic he clearly learned while playing in Holland: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5633/9scu3a.gif

Just lovely that. Go in to hurt someone, and immediately act like you're hurt. He's talented, but that's so uncalled for.

Hahaha that's true! I've seen him use that 'tactic' numerous times. Him and a few other 'clever' players. Luckily most cheats aren't as clever as Suarez....

Diving a la Busquets, Di Maria is bad enough. But to recklessly challenge your opponent and then feign injury to disguise that is a another level of cnutness.

it`s a new level of diving....makes the starfish look old school. That 2 footed lung is ridiculous , glad it was a miss. Good player scary tactics .

Suarez has an attitude problem.
His diving is worse than that of 99,99% of other football players. To be honest only Di Maria and Ronaldo are worse than him. He should get sanctioned when he dives, even after the games. I don't blame the refs.
IMO he is turning out to be more a liability than a trump card for Liverpool. He needs guidance from the club.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Liverpool game and people not come in here to continue the Suarez witch hunt? It's clear he annoys people, yet they come in here every week to complain about it.

I'll tell you what. I'll just give him a quick ring on my mobile and ask him to stop.

I mean seriously, finding gifs of him acting like that in Holland? That is some serious obsession. I'm not saying you've looked for it, Ryan. But whoever has needs to get over Suarez and leave their PC alone for a few minutes and get some sunshine.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Liverpool game and people not come in here to continue the Suarez witch hunt? It's clear he annoys people, yet they come in here every week to complain about it.

I'll tell you what. I'll just give him a quick ring on my mobile and ask him to stop.

I mean seriously, finding gifs of him acting like that in Holland? That is some serious obsession. I'm not saying you've looked for it, Ryan. But whoever has needs to get over Suarez and leave their PC alone for a few minutes and get some sunshine.

Tedious isn't it? Loads of teams have divers. Can't stand it in the game and hate the fact a Liverpool player is doing it. What annoys me is all the double headers popping up in here though. The diving cheating bastards are everywhere and it needs stamping out of the game. Just send the fuckers off. They'll soon stop doing it.

Downing's lucky that he has Carroll alongside him to take most of the flak and criticism. He's been poor but slipped under the radar, surprised Maxi didn't replace him after being excellent against Chelsea.

Downing's lucky that he has Carroll alongside him to take most of the flak and criticism. He's been poor but slipped under the radar, surprised Maxi didn't replace him after being excellent against Chelsea.

Downing is like Joe Cole in a way. A player I really liked before he joined us but hasn't really settled in as well as I'd liked yet. Yesterday most of his time was one on one and then blindly hitting the ball into the area, never lifting his head.

It doesn't help that there's only Suarez in the box anyway but that's besides the point, he needs to lift his head and pick out a player. And he can do it, he's got a cracking cross but he's not using it.

Not sure Maxi is the answer. When he's on form, he's pretty handy. But he's too inconsistent. And Downing will get better with games.

But as it is, Enrique has been FAR more of a threat in the last third of the pitch.

There is no witch hunt against Suarez, dags...what people are pointing out is the objetive truth from people who are fond of the player Suarez, but are annoyed that he disadvantages himself and his team by the way he acts on the field.

Players like Suarez, Di Maria (the worst of all), Nani and Ronaldo are all very, very attractive players. But they (and all others) should get a yellow card for each and every dive...then it would stop pretty quick. And in the beginning refs will make mistakes, but that is not important, neither are the points that club A or B or X loose because of it. This is about a "higher case": the fairness and the attractiveness of football. To give one example (yes and i'm afraid it's about Suarez, because that is the one i remember): for what Suarez did against Everton he should get the punishment the Everton play normally gets (and even that is unfair towards Everton, but once again it's not about points it's about football).

I know the regulars in the club threads are the fans. People like me are visiting the club threads because they like English football and in particular those clubs whose threads they visit (you will never see my reactions in the Man Utd thread). Sometimes fans should at least try to be objective and not speaking about witch hunt. Suarez has everything to be one of my favourite players, yet the more i watch him, the more he irritates me despite his enormous capacities. After 3 season in the EPL, refs wil refuse to give justified fouls or penalties because he has the (dserved) reputation of a diver...
I'm not posting those things because i have something against Suarez...he is the type of player that is the reason i love football, but his behaviour is an example of all that is wrong with football. Is Suarez to blame? Only partly.

Rant over...

Every week people say the same things about Suarez diving. Why? It's not like we can change how he behaves, can we? We know he dives. We know he acts. We know he's talented. That's the player he is and I imagine most Liverpool fans want him to cut out the bad parts to his game.

But as it is, coming in here EVERY week to complain about him is just pointless. It's the same posts every time.

Ok, fair enough...if you wanna shoot at the piano player i will try to stop playing piano...

Calling Downing not good enough is not right..yesterday he could score 2 goals..but Hart saved it..

in fact and don´t laugh on this, i think we could have hammered City yesterday 4 goals to 1 if it wasn´t Hart... he might win them Premier League, best keeper in the league after Reina imho.

Last edited:

Completely agree with Gerd. I would like to like Suarez, and would really hope that King Kenny would have a word. It actually seems to me the opposite is happening, and he's being encouraged.

Just dismays me a bit tis all.

We've had the same discussion before, and with the shoe on the other foot. I couldn't stand Ronaldo or Nani for their diving, but once you started to see how often Torres' was being kicked and digged whilst getting nothing it's no surprise he started to go down easily because otherwise he would just lose the ball an get nothing. Suarez is the same, although more cynical/smart imo. Ofcourse he has the baggage to make it even easier to point him out with the handball at the wc and the snacktime incident in NL.

I would expect it all to come from the same basis though, that they don't get enough protection combined with a mentality to do anything to win. An easy way would be to use tech during the match and post match fines after. But it won't happen as football is entertainment and all this contraversy is what makes money.

So same posts this time next week then?

Personally i don't mind the snack incident, these are one offs...i was always a huge fan of Cantona and while i'm the first to condemn the infamous Crystal Palace incident, these are IMO less damaging for football than the constant diving.

To be honest, i can't understand English fans. Every time you have the slightest critic about a player of their club they see this as a provocation. If that same player leaves the club they are the first to criticize that player. Torres used to be a saint in this thread, now he can do nothing good. Same goes for the other club threads on this forum.

I've promised dags to try and stop criticizing Suarez and i will really try, but if he would stop diving, nobody would criticize that aspect of him...

It's no problem to critisize players. You pay to watch them. I see Suarez as an annoying player but I don't care. I can imagine him really getting on the opposition team's fans nerves though.

Last edited:

On a side note, I was really impressed with Liverpool yesterday. They totally stood up to Man City in the middle of the park - which is hard to do.

As a United fan - and this is hard - I thought both teams look far more assured than we do at the moment. Given the lack of distractions, there's no reason Pool should do really well in the league.

They've played the top 3 and beaten 1 at home, drawn with the other two but could have won either.

Yeah you could see the extra level of fitness/rest in the last 30min. and that should increase as the season goes on and the Europe teams play more and more games.

Yeah you could see the extra level of fitness/rest in the last 30min. and that should increase as the season goes on and the Europe teams play more and more games.

Kenny is rotating the squad around a lot too. The likes of Bellamy, Maxi and Coates haven't featured much but I expect them to be more involved in the second half of the season. And then we've got Gerrard to possibly come back (and get injured a week later).

Back
Top Bottom