Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

First of all, i dont think that Torres is worth 50M in this moment. He was worth that when they bought himin January, unlike Carroll who was never worth 35M.
Bringin up Torres is irrelevant. Currently, he has nothing to do with LFC , same as Sheva, Morientes, Crespo and any other player that didnt live up to expectations from any other club. So bringing him up is pathetic, you only do it to make the worst transfer in the history of LFC look better.
God, i didnt know those details. We even agreed paying 35 M for a donkey straight away with no installments as you do in almost every transfer. The amount of power that a guy that has no clue about transfers has in this club amazes me.

Bringing up Torres is not that irrelevant, as it has a lot to do with us buying Carroll, who i agree was overpriced back then, BUT we would not buy him if Torres didn´t gave us transfer request.. and we would never recieve 50 mil. for Torres if we waited untill summer to sell him..couse his world class form was finished after his pre-world cup injury and his price went only down..

And what about dont wasting 35M and spend it wisely in July ? (though for that from January to July a change of manager would have been required). Something that Newcastle did with a lot of success.

Good article for anyone who keeps an open mind and hasn't already MADE UP their mind which I get the feeling most people here already have lol.

Brings up some very good points. Some I was going to mention myself. I think he can prove to be a success or a failure and right NOW it's too early, too harsh and too soon to judge. That's all I can say.

I also agree with Ryan about what he said lol. Let's face it, IF the Suarez transfer HADN'T happened, Liverpool would've been ABSOLUTELY screwed! This guy's been carrying them right from when he joined! It's a one-man team and often just down to his individual brilliance and had they not got him mid-season from Ajax, I don't even wanna know where Kenny's team would be right now or have finished last season!

of course it´s to early + to much pressure on him...Rafa didn´t break his will and gave Crouch 18 matches without any goals what so ever if i remember and he turn out his whole carrer with us making it to national team and being a good player for us and other teams...obviously he wasn´t as expensive as Carroll, but from the player point of view..the money is just a number.. so i think Carroll deserves a chance...to play first of all more minutes and then maybe after the season end we can make judgements..

This guy's been carrying them right from when he joined! It's a one-man team

I hate it when people say that! If it is a one man team then stick him out there on his own so 1 v 11.

There's no such thing! Moments of quality I agree but doing it all on his own? Do me a favour. It's the same when it was all said about Gerrard.

People forget about Pepe in the sticks or the defence putting some quality tackles in or people passing the ball to Suarez to score the goals he does.

I know what you are getting at but the statement just annoys me... regardless of who it is or what team it is.

And Carroll, he deserves a season at least. Hope he comes good. If not, then live an learn.

I would not use that statement 99% of the time as I don't like it either and it's often overused but in this case, I think it's warranted.

You see those midfielders passing to Suarez, it would have to be a nice throughball which he then tucks away in a 1-on-1. But what I've noticed often is Suarez just getting a random normal pass and then taking on 2 defenders beating them and creating a real goalscoring opportunity. That is just pure individual ability. Any other footballer could've given him that simple pass as well.

And for all the applause Pepe Reina gets from Liverpool fans, he's very good but not AS good as LFC fans would like to have the rest of us believe. He does make mistakes, does look less assured with crosses but yeah of course he saves some here and there.

The defense, the goalie, everyone deserves credit. But it is true that since joining, Suarez has looked a CLASS above all of his team-mates! ALL of them. So in a rare case like this (I can think of very few other teams, where one player CONSISTENLY outplays his team-mates) then I think this statement is warranted.

And yeah before the likes of Xabi Alonso join Pool', Liverpool was largely a one-man team consisting of Gerrard often enough.

i agree many tend to underrate LFC and forget players like Reina, Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt...but that´s just how it is..

Suarez is magic obviously, but sometimes even he can do incredible misses and stuff that not all fans like, if he dives for example..

Alberto Aquilani fully expects AC Milan to meet the £5.2million buyout fee Liverpool have included in his season-long loan deal.

The Italian midfielder returned to his homeland for a second time over the summer, having spent the majority of last season with Juventus.

He has struggled to make an impact at Anfield and clearly does not figure in Kenny Dalglish's plans.

The Reds are prepared to let him leave, but only for the right price.

Aquilani claims their demands prevented him from joining Juve on a permanent basis, as they were asking for €16m (£13.7m), but he is confident there will be no such problems this time around.
Critical step

"I did not expect to be bought by Juventus, the price set by Liverpool was too high," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Juve was an opportunity and I have used it well.

"It was a critical step in my career as after Liverpool I needed to play continuously. Maybe if I had not gone to Juventus I would not be at AC Milan."

On the current agreement with Milan, he added: "There is a buyout fee set at €6 million [£5.2 million] and it is activated after 25 games.

"I feel more assured. You can never say no to Milan. I have always had the hope of becoming a Rossoneri player."
throw £35million for a donkey and let a quality player bought for £20million and then to let him go at £5.2 million.swear its like coco never left

throw £35million for a donkey and let a quality player bought for £20million and then to let him go at £5.2 million.swear its like coco never left

You don't get tired do you? It's over, move on. :TTTH:

Luca Jones, the child of our GK, Brad Jones lost his battle with leukaemia last night..

518533-brad-jones-socceroo.jpg

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rest-in-peace-luca-jones

Rest in peace Luca, YNWA.

Last edited:

copy from a LFC forum:

Article from the in-bred one in today's Mail on Sunday. Difficult to admit, but it's actually hard not to agree with him even if he is stating the obvious. Far from the smaller games, it is time to show a bit of mental strength today if we are not to be left behind this season and render the 'smaller' games irrelevent . . .

Can Liverpool change mentality to give Gerrard the title he craves?

Steven Gerrard said last week about winning the Premier League with Liverpool: 'It's something I think about almost every day. I always think about the dream of winning it – or the disappointment if I was never to win it. To have played at Liverpool for 14 or 15 years by the time I finish and not win it would be hugely disappointing.'
Gerrard has been one of the best players in the Premier League over the past 13 years.
He is a player who could have played in any of the leading sides in the world in that time.
But when I read his words, about his desire to win the title with Liverpool, it reminded me of Bryan Robson at Manchester United in the Eighties in the era when I was growing up supporting the club, and when at times he was like a one-man team.
Both players have shown immense loyalty to their clubs in the greatest years of their careers and, like Gerrard, Robson spent most of his time wondering whether he would ever win a league title.
Robson eventually got his reward in 1993 and if Gerrard doesn't in the next few years then to say it would be hugely disappointing would be a massive understatement.
The fact that Liverpool haven't won the title for 20 years needs addressing. United in the Bryan Robson days were very much like Liverpool today.
They were a match for anyone on their day against Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal. But they could never bring the level of consistency to their performances against the lesser teams, when there was less intensity about the occasion.
I would watch United in the Eighties, see them win big games against Liverpool and, as a fan, begin to get the feeling that 'We're back!' and 'This is the year!'.
But then you would be let down in the following week in a match that the team would never expect to lose or draw.
And that's what's killing Liverpool. Take this season. They have played six at home and drawn against Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea.
Compare that with United's performances at Old Trafford against Norwich and Sunderland, when the team were nowhere near their best and playing nothing like the quality of football they had produced earlier in the season against Arsenal and Chelsea.
And yet they came away with three points both times. There is a pattern developing at Liverpool.
They cannot seem to impose themselves on smaller sides. You can have one freak result against a side such as Norwich, Swansea and Sunderland, but you can't have three in the first six home games
And it carries over from last season, when they dropped points at home to Sunderland, lost home and away to Blackpool, drew home and away with Wigan and lost at Blackburn, West Ham and West Brom.
That's nothing to do with the quality of the players, because Liverpool have more than enough to win those games, it's all to do with mentality.
On their day, Liverpool players can produce. On Sunday they take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and last season they beat Chelsea at home and then recorded a famous victory in this game.
It was an emotional win too because it was Fernando Torres' debut for Chelsea, having left Liverpool the week before.

So for Liverpool fans it was of even more importance than usual. But immediately after that victory Liverpool drew at Wigan and lost at West Ham.
And though they then beat United and got a good win at Sunderland, they followed that with a defeat at West Brom, all in the two months after that Chelsea victory.
It isn't the games against your big rivals that normally win you the League; it's making sure you take three points in those lesser games.
They're not the only culprits. In February last year there was a big concern at United about Arsenal.
They were on a great run, had played all the big teams and had the easiest run-in.
They looked to be favourites to win the title. But then they dropped points at home to Sunderland and Blackburn, and at West Brom.
When they lost at Bolton and Stoke, their title challenge was over.
In my time at United we would sometimes sense danger before certain games and would say to each other: 'We have to be at it tomorrow or else it will cost us.'
We would even check ourselves and say: 'Come on! Let's get three points, get out of here and get the job done.'
You have to develop the mentality where you can play against a lesser team and still believe it's a game that defines the championship.
It's not even as though Liverpool have Champions or Europa League football to worry about this season.
Their squad is easily strong enough to cope with the Premier League games and domestic cups.
So the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue. It is about correcting the mind for those lesser games because that's what will win Steven Gerrard the league title.
A championship-winning team has to have endurance of the mind, focus and concentration across the whole season.
Kenny Dalglish is an experienced football man who has won league titles himself as a player and a manager.
My guess is he will be looking very closely at his players over the next few months, to see which of them change their mentality from a big match to a small match.
They're the ones that are the danger, the ones that celebrate after big games thinking the job is done, only to drop points in the next game.
They're the players you have to weed out. That's what Mr. Ferguson has done for 20 years.
When he feels that players aren't at the same level any more, that losing doesn't hurt them as much or that they aren't preparing the same way, he will get rid of them.
Any little weakness is eliminated, because you need strength of character in the dressing room.
Liverpool need to develop that mentality now.
Because if they don't, it could mean that Steven Gerrard's worst fears are realised.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2063684/Gary-Neville-Can-Liverpool-change-mentality-Gerrard-title-craves.html#ixzz1eF8pjWNT

So will Misfit and Liverbird be in here to say Kenny should be sacked still? And say Adam's only ability is free kicks?

Superb win there. First half was brilliant and second half we lost our way for a period when we stood off Chelsea but we set out well and contained Chelsea for the most part.

And a fantastic goal by Johnson too. Adam's ball was great, and the run and finish was :SHOCK: :APPLAUD:

great result and important 3 points.. we will need to continue winning against small teams so i´m not excited that much after this match.. we were not worse than Chelsea... deserved win for us..

Charlie Adam:
"The win was down to hard work. I thought we were terrific, and it was a good way to bounce back after the result against Swansea which was hard to take. We are happy with the result but we want to dedicate this to Brad Jones [whose son died of Luekemia] after having had such a difficult week."

for "technic" problems i dont saw 2nd half and just now I saw Liverpool won , i were so happy to see that formation Maxi Kuyt and Bellamy in , good to dont see that donkey Carroll starting tho , I think Kenny at the last open his eyes and saw what we need ;)

was Andy Carroll pissed when he came on?

hahaha good one.. :D but he was fouled everytime he tryed to take the ball by either Terry or others

let him be..it´s been 10 minutes with us trying to end the game and wasting time with ball.. i won´t even bother to judge him in this match

We showing heart in matches with big clubs. Why we can't show heart in games with teams like Swansea... Great match by Johnson anyway.

The article says Sir Alex Ferguson, yet your quotes say Mr.Ferguson, copied over from Rawk by any chance? petty fuckers.

Ah jesus....to be perfectly honest, i find it hard to speak about that man calling him "mister" let alone "sir". But why maling a problem of something that trivial in a Liverpool thread.

Good win by Liverpool today. Good match by Adam. Henderson played very well too. And what a splendid pass to Johnson (who gave that pass by the way?).

Liverpool looks more solid when Agger plays.

Ah jesus....to be perfectly honest, i find it hard to speak about that man calling him "mister" let alone "sir". But why maling a problem of something that trivial in a Liverpool thread.

Good win by Liverpool today. Good match by Adam. Henderson played very well too. And what a splendid pass to Johnson (who gave that pass by the way?).

Liverpool looks more solid when Agger plays.

Adam played the ball out.

I wonder how David Luiz is worth so much money. I admire him for what he tries but wow he is a shocking defender. How does he get in the team over AleX?

I was Johnson .. Johnson .. Johnson .. he hasn't fallen yet! .. OH MY !! .. AND GLEN JOHNSON SCORES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just afraid of the toll on Suarez, almost every game he's getting beaten. I really hope Carroll steps up sooner than later. Adam did ever so well today. Getting better by the game, Henderson's getting there. Downing was invisible lol.

Last edited:

So will Misfit and Liverbird be in here to say Kenny should be sacked still? And say Adam's only ability is free kicks?

Superb win there. First half was brilliant and second half we lost our way for a period when we stood off Chelsea but we set out well and contained Chelsea for the most part.

And a fantastic goal by Johnson too. Adam's ball was great, and the run and finish was :SHOCK: :APPLAUD:
Of course I still think we should get a new manager if we have higher aspirations than UL.
One match change nothing, I dont limit my analisys to one match, but a continuity and the whole picture.

LFC now unbeaten in 9 games. 30 league games into Kenny's reign and unbeaten in three-quarters of them.

Progress.

384257_304913246200417_167866666571743_1080509_1745876704_n.jpg
385483_221047747965357_129509713785828_510165_715161352_n.jpg

great pictures...Torres and Meireles in background..

35.jpg

Liverbird, from your comments i don´t even know if you support this club or not.. i don´t know if you are even happy when we win..

Last edited:

It's been such a huge win for us, I'm over the moon right now gotta admit it and I hope we will beat Man City too next weekend, that would be the icing on the cake.
Suarez was a bit off today sadly but he never stopped running back and forth, pressuring the defenders.
Maxi should be given more playing time, and Bellamy should be a starter on our next matches.

Back
Top Bottom