Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

To me (and of course who am i???? Mr Nobody) the big mistake Dalglish makes is his stubborness concerning Caroll. Last year Liverpool were a very versatile team.
Now with Caroll, they only play one sort of football. On top of that Caroll is not the most mobile player in the world, the way Liverpool are playing (in attack) is quite predictable. Defensive Caroll is not the first defender, he's not mobile enough to do that. And that is (hypothetically) talking about the Caroll in his Newcastle form and confidence. The Caroll i see now is a shadow of the Newcastle Caroll (and to be honest, i did not rate that player very high, he was a good promising player nothing more).
I guess Dalglish is convinced about Caroll's potential and plays him against better advice, so that he can gain confidence...but with him Liverpool are predictable and less fun to watch as the team who was playing very good football at the end of last season (i remember a fantastic match where Maxi scored an hattrick...we haven't seen that Liverpool this season and by the way, what about Maxi...why does he never play?).
I think it doesnt have to do only with that. In the end of last season, Liverpool played with no pressure, the season was already over when we lost in the Europa League and from that match to the rest of the season the team played with no pressure at all.
Now, things are differente. We just come from a summer in which Dalglish did what he wanted and invested heavily.

Inspite of being in not so great form....we are only 3 pts short
of 4th place....thanks to Chelsea's form...

So all is not lost...but we need to fix things really fast...
and given that we play Chelsea away...and Man City at home in
the next 2 games.....dare I say....we can't afford to lose...
we need 4 points...to stay in touch....otherwise it will be a big
downer....and could damage our season.

When I saw that we were playing 4-4-2 against Swansea's 4-5-1
I knew we would struggle.....due to their extra man in midfield...

KD is not the greatest tactician....but a man-manager....

and I think his insistence with Downing, and especially Henderson
on the right wing does not make sense...
both are out of form....and dropping the likes of Bellamy,
Kuyt, Maxi....is purely to satisfy the price tag and try to
somehow make it work...

If anything put Henderson in the middle and tell him to join
the attack.....he did well against United in the hole..
he almost scored 2 goals...

Drop Carroll...since....4-4-2 will not work against most teams....
we lose control of midfield......especially with Adam not being
a ball winner.....unlike Spearing or Lucas...

With 4-3-3.....on attack....and 4-5-1 in defence...

4-3-3
-----------Reina-------------
Kelly---Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
------Lucas----Spearing------
----------Adam---------------
--Kuyt----Suarez---Bellamy----

4-5-1
-----------Reina-------------
Kelly--Skrtel---Agger---Enrique
-------Lucas--Spearing--------
---Kuyt----Henderson----Bellamy
----------Suarez-------------

he was a freak for about 18 months. Devastatingly good. Some of the goals were literally 'hoof it in the general direction of Fernando, he'll do the rest'. And he did.

Aye, now it's 'hoof it in the general direction of Carroll and hope for the best'.

LFC set his buy out price in his peak to 70 mil. pounds, he was the best CF in world for 2 seasons 2007-2008,2008-2009...

since the injury before World cup he was not the same, for club and country..

He'll be back...he's not doing bad for Chelsea...but his finishing seems to have let him down..that must be exasperating.

I doubt he will be back. He will improve a bit but not to his old self. Reminds me a bit of Shevchenko. You got this lethal striker who's a handful to any defence suddenly turns into an ordinary player.

Torres's goals against Inter and the way he played in that game are one of the moments still stuck in my mind.

Last edited:

He was never the world's best striker. He was never even the best Spanish striker. David Villa always has been better than him. Way more consistent. Less injury prone. Better Fitness. Better footballer overall and yet scores and assists more goals as well. His record over the last decade is just phenomenal! Very few players match that. Players like him and Eto'o come only a few times every decade or so.

But yes Fernando was absolutely on fire for about 18 months and one of the world's very finest during that time! It was a joy watching him play and he really did score some brilliant individual goals like Ryan said.

He's always been #2 behind David Villa though. In Spain, he was always looked at as Villa's partner not the other way around. But it was funny actually, due to the heavy EPL bias the English media usually has combined with Villa playing many years in Valencia (where they get less TV/world wide coverage and exposure than playing for Barca/Real), they often saw it the other way around which was funny because that was never the case. Villa was always Spain's #1 striker and then it was a matter of who should be his partner, and Fernando proved he's worthy of that ahead of others like Guiza, Llorente, Tamudo (earlier) etc. Nowadays Llorente and Villa is probably the best way to go with Torres there as backup to provide blistering pace off the bench.

Yeah, Villa's consistency is crazy good, regarding Spain Llorente mignt miss out if Silva is given the false 9 role he played last time.

It's true and I think David Silva is probably EPL's best player nowadays and one of the world's VERY finest! So even in a star-studded Spain team, he must be in the team! He's simply too good to not be.

So you're right, I would probably actually give him that role behind Villa. Plus the two know all about combining with each other to great effect to their long Valencia past.

Yes, Downning is a great prospect and young player. He is 27 ... Adam is not particularly young neither .. Not to mention the other big prospect he brough, Crack Bellamy, there is a lot of future there Im sure ..
He spent more than 100M. He offloaded some of our best players, brought in mediocre players for high fees. Has a record similar to Roy Hodgson. If his name wasnt Kenny Dalglish, he would have been sacked by now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ElBejYyeXlTYjFDVlNleHhVOE9heVE&hl=en_GB&gid=0

I get my 2nd shoes of LFC this time cheap as well just 17$ :)

311932_2611127967506_1534204179_2759791_1582163590_n.jpg

297546_2611121647348_1534204179_2759790_1373767263_n.jpg

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ewcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html

while suarez was bangin in goals for fun over the weekend,"worth fuck all" was er...er gettin pissed i guess.englands forwards in front of "worth fuck all carroll"bent,welbeck,sturridge even bobby fuckin zamora.everyone can see he's useless except his boyzone date.'kinell..

For fucks sake, gave it a rest with the negativity! Ignore list being used again, what a bloody joke.

geez,youre right!he's spent not 100 but 111 milllion!!!!

geez, but we also recieved something back to our pockets didn´t we?

For fucks sake, gave it a rest with the negativity! Ignore list being used again, what a bloody joke.

yes, why i didn´t think of this before.. thanks

Last edited:

My thoughts on the matter: Without the signing of Luis Suarez (who I very, very much doubt Kenny had any say in) Liverpool would be utterly, totally and irreparably f*cked since he took over. Downing, Caroll, Adam, Henderson have improved the squad but not the team imo. Bellamy could be the exception, if he's given more of a chance.

As someone who argued heavily United didn't need Suarez when we were linked before the World Cup, his progress has totally amazed me.

My thoughts on the matter: Without the signing of Luis Suarez (who I very, very much doubt Kenny had any say in) Liverpool would be utterly, totally and irreparably f*cked since he took over. Downing, Caroll, Adam, Henderson have improved the squad but not the team imo. Bellamy could be the exception, if he's given more of a chance.

As someone who argued heavily United didn't need Suarez when we were linked before the World Cup, his progress has totally amazed me.

Well before him there was a manager who wanted to sign Zamora or Carlton Cole to lead our attack..so i think Dalglish at least give OK for Suarez to move... remember we wanted Suarez to partner Torres, that´s why we bought him...unfortunatelly, it was to late to convince Torres that we are buying top players instead of selling them..

edit: not to mention Torres was a big factor for Suarez to move here...i remember in his first interview, while we still had Torres he said i think he look forward to play with him..or something like that..it was some few days before Torres handed transfer request..and spoiled the joy of Suarez transfer to the club..

Last edited:

You will not like this post, but both Zamorra and Carlton Cole would have been better than Andy Caroll...
It's too ealry to judge Adam, Henderson and Downing, they have shown promising things with Liverpool, Caroll not at all...yes he scored against Everton, but he was abysmal in that match and i'm far from the only one who thinks that...

maybe they would have been better, but Carroll is younger and has all the time to adapt and become the player he can be.. the bigest mistake of the club was not buying him, but allowing to make his price public with Newcastle..this way he is criticised for something he can´t chainge..and every "supporter" is throwing this to his face everytime he doe´s not score..despite not playing here to many matches to settle..or at least not more than certain Fernando Torres for Chelsea...

How long until this guy finally settles? Balotelli is settling faster...

How is Enrique doing btw? I thought he was pretty great in the few matches I've seen of Liverpool yet no one mentions his transfer here.

How long until this guy finally settles? Balotelli is settling faster...

How is Enrique doing btw? I thought he was pretty great in the few matches I've seen of Liverpool yet no one mentions his transfer here.

well if you want to compare him and Carroll, it would be reasonable to put Balotelli in to the current LFC team and Carroll instead to Man City team.. then we could see how they perform maybe..but as this is not possible, we should not even start to compare them i think..

Enrique is doing amazing so far.. i would say good enough to play for Spain..

Completely agree with you.

maybe they would have been better, but Carroll is younger and has all the time to adapt and become the player he can be.. the bigest mistake of the club was not buying him, but allowing to make his price public with Newcastle..this way he is criticised for something he can´t chainge..and every "supporter" is throwing this to his face everytime he doe´s not score..despite not playing here to many matches to settle..or at least not more than certain Fernando Torres for Chelsea...
Your obsession with Torres is ridiculous. Every time someone says something negative about Carroll you bring up Torres. I dont care if Torres isnt scoring. Why dont you bring up Sheva, Morientes and Crespo as well ?

why would i bring up Sheva, Morientes and Crespo...what have they common with LFC..? I bring up Torres, becouse we sold him for 50 milion pounds and he is worth about 20 now.. yet you think he is worth those 50..i bring him up becouse he is in the SAME situation with Chelsea + 15 milion pounds more than Carroll for us and being 4 years older at the same time..

that´s why i bring him up...becouse instead of praising LFC to buy two strikers for the price of one sulking one is a good deal imho...with Carroll it takes time, Suarez today already is worth more than Torres..

Back
Top Bottom