Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Logical win: Everton started the match 11 against 12 and ended it 10 against 12. I'm the first to sustain that refs are criticized too much, but this clown is one of the worst i've seen for a long time. The first half every single decision was taken against Everton.

Suarez is a genius player, but very, very irritating, constantly exagerating, diving...

Positive for Liverpool: an important goal from Caroll, i hope for Liverpool that gets him started. Nice reward also for Dalglish that he kept Carroll on the pitch after a very, very weak display in the first half. He was good in the second one. Kuyt also proved that he is an essential player for Liverpool...
IMO it's no coïncidence Liverpool took the lead with Bellamy in the team, if Liverpool want Caroll to be effective, they should always play with Bellamy and Downing.

Was not very impressed with Liverpool but this win is good for the Premiership.

Suarez is a genius player, but very, very irritating, constantly exagerating, diving...

Don't like it but it's good to have a player like this bout time too, did
wonders for United with Ronaldo now they got Nani...Suarez will light up
the league big time this season.

Don't like it but it's good to have a player like this bout time too, did
wonders for United with Ronaldo now they got Nani...Suarez will light up
the league big time this season.

Comparing Ronaldo and Nani to Suarez? Something is going wrong here...

Because Liverpool still are a huge tradition club.
Beating their cash-strapped rivals, also another English club with history, with the help of some terrible officiating by one of the worst referees in English football, is good for the Premiership?

There's a big hole in your moralising, gerd. Maybe if they'd beaten Chelsea, City, Cristiano Ronaldo, Harald Schumacher, Axel Witsel or any of the other supposed "evils" of football you'd have a point.

Good to see us win this....

and I was happy for Carroll....answering his critics with
a goal in a big game like this...

but still not convinced on Adams, Downing or Carroll..
they are decent players....but something is missing...

I think it's that wisdom, mental sharpness, skill that enables players to
make a quick killer pass or good move...shot..
that speed of thought...which translates to some magic on the pitch..

Suarez has that in abundance....
Bellamy, Kuyt have that in part....so does Maxi.

Anyway...with Gerrard back....the squad is looking good...
We have more options...

I think to be fair to some people including myself...
our gripe is that Dalglish has stuck with the likes of Henderson,
Carroll over Kuyt, Maxi....a little too much..

If Dalglish plays his best lineup....i.e. picks the on-form
players .....then we will do well...and 4th place will be a possibility.

That may have been the worst straight red I've seen in the prem. Ludicrous. Not that i expect any better from atkinson. I've never been as convinced of res bias as his performance at stamford bridge last season against united. I think even between fake screams and tears suarez would have been shocked at that.

I can't even blame the play acting (and i do now think suarez is the worst in the prem) that was a ref with an agenda.

And did you see how close to the tackle he was?! Very unfair to Everton. They were playing really well up to this point.

And Suarez, being a great player, is joining the list of Cristiano's and Di Maria's. He is like a combination of both. Cristiano in moaning and Di Maria in acting. He will soon be booed in every stadium if he stays like this. Adam at one point could have made a controversy by staying on the ground form the tackle by Cahill but he just stood up. Respect for that in a game like this.

Beating their cash-strapped rivals, also another English club with history, with the help of some terrible officiating by one of the worst referees in English football, is good for the Premiership?

There's a big hole in your moralising, gerd. Maybe if they'd beaten Chelsea, City, Cristiano Ronaldo, Harald Schumacher, Axel Witsel or any of the other supposed "evils" of football you'd have a point.

Jesus man.
What is this supposed to mean?
I already thought your first question was rather agressive, but this beats everything.
Like i said in a previous post: it was very obvious that Everton were robbed.
I have said countless times that all too often bigger clubs are advantaged by referees. I think there is a logical explanation for some penalties that aren't penalties and that fact that big clubs get more free kicks: they usually have more ball possession, are more often in the box and are dominating. What happened yesterday had nothing to do with all that, Everton were equal to Liverpool.

What i was stating has nothing to do with yesterday's match. I think in general it is a good thing that Liverpool (on the continent by many still seen as England's biggest club) can compete again. As a neutral football fan i like tradition clubs (and if you don't see that Liverpool have a biggere tradition than Everton...) doing well.

Oh and while watching the match live on television, i actually wanted Everton to win. It seems as if you wanted Liverpool to loose...i never watch football with that negative bias.

Ps: it was never my intention to moralise. If so i'm sorry.

Comparing Ronaldo and Nani to Suarez? Something is going wrong here...

yeah it´s ridicilous, Nani and Suarez don´t care for thier hairstyle during game so much..

no realy..he meant that Nani or Suarez are the type of players who are doing everything to win, even dive.. or doing gestures sometimes overreacting etc.. Ronaldo was and IS just like that.. he didn´t say anyting about their game.. becouse there is no other player as Ronaldo :D

yeah it´s ridicilous, Nani and Suarez don´t care for thier hairstyle during game so much..

no realy..he meant that Nani or Suarez are the type of players who are doing everything to win, even dive.. or doing gestures sometimes overreacting etc.. Ronaldo was and IS just like that.. he didn´t say anyting about their game.. becouse there is no other player as Ronaldo :D

Yeah, I got his point, still think isn't an accurate one. First of all, I don't think Nani is a diver at all, I really don't! I can't remember of a single blatant dive from him. Secondly, as much as Ronaldo dives and moans he doesn't act like that ridiculous Suarez guy. The Uruguayan always overreacts in every single touch he takes, acting like if he was about to die. Simply disgusting.

If you want a term of comparison then take Di María, not Ronaldo nor Nani.

Nani is a diver, he's cut it out a bit recently but will still overreact
at a slight touch. Ronaldo still takes a tumble when needed, TBH Suarez had
the same attitude at Ajax according to their fans. I really hate all this
play acting but I've seen teams go onto success with it, "Can't beat them
join them."

Talking about hair...Kelly has joined the club

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lse26p73NP1qchl8do1_500.gif

Yeah, I got his point, still think isn't an accurate one. First of all, I don't think Nani is a diver at all, I really don't! I can't remember of a single blatant dive from him. Secondly, as much as Ronaldo dives and moans he doesn't act like that ridiculous Suarez guy. The Uruguayan always overreacts in every single touch he takes, acting like if he was about to die. Simply disgusting.

well to be honest i don´t watch to many United games to talk about Nani as diver..but he is certainly best United wing or in the top 3 united players right now..so he means that such as Ronaldo few years ago, he is considered that extra flair player as well as Suarez is for LFC.. player who chainges games (except of Rooney of course) wich i realy consider both Nani and Suarez to be..

Di Maria for me is not such diver as a moaner.. and gestures maker..

Suarez dives don´t bother me at all..i am one of those fans who missed such a player in Red´s shirt for years..i say FINALLY we have a player who is booed by oposite fans.. FINALLY! I don´t say i like this attitude, but it still better than if he was someones bitch, pardon my words..I also think United won many of their games in C. Ronaldo era just becouse he knew when and how to fall down...At that time i doubt there was an United supporter who would say Ronaldo´s dives are discousting etc.. The same for Suarez, as long as it helps us win games, i don´t give a damn..

Referees are the one to spot this behaviour and to take care of it properly.. if they don´t players won´t stop trying to dive or make gestures and so on..

:::about Kelly, seems he will get England call... well deserved imho..

Last edited:

Oh dear! I used to respect your posts.

First of all, I don't think Nani is a diver at all, I really don't! I can't remember of a single blatant dive from him.

Are you taking the piss?! Never seen him dive? Do me a favour.
Your name isn't Ray Charles by any chance is it?

You lost me there as well bro. :P :LOL: ;)

Nani is a big diver! Good thing is, recently, he's been getting his act together and not only is much improved as a player but also less of a cheating diving bastard. So I will give him credit for recent improvements.

I do however agree that people give TOO much flack to Ronaldo and Nani for diving when they're not the worst at it. They do, do it quite a bit but I also have honestly seen Ronaldo keep on running and continue (Maybe he's trying to be more like Messi :P ) in last 18 months instead of easily going down. He's diving on a less frequent basis. And I agree that Suarez is like Ronaldo and Nani put together!!

And yes Di Maria is the under-rated diver! he's probably the worst one and yet Ronaldo and Nani get much more crap about it.

Luis Suarez however in terms of sportsmanship and dirtiness is as bad as they come. He will absolutely do ANYTHING to get an advantage. Be it diving, an oscar winning performance, or pressuring referees and protesting, whining, etc.

All in all, what a player though! :D One of my favourites! :P

Let's make things clear. There are some differences between divers and whose I call "easy fallers" if you understand me. Nani, imo, is an "easy faller" (and I think we have discussed this at a certain point in Barça thread). By diver I define the one who mocks and fakes injuries which I don't think Nani is at all. I wouldn't even consider him a diver compared to the likes of Busquets, Suarez and Di María faking injuries while the rest of the team surrounds the referee. The vid Bitter Rivals has shown just proves my theory, Nani falls down, complains and moves on.

Got it?

I don't really want to get into this 'holier than thou' crap because we're all fans of teams and players and hence have a bias. I think all teams have players that are prone to the 'dark arts', and sadly it's part of football.

But, from everything I've seen of Suarez at Ajaz, for Uruguay and now for Liverpool he strikes me as the embodiment of the more latin American view of football. Great skill, lovely ability combined with a penchant for theatrics and the 'drama' that comes with the game.

I have friends from South America that have told me, straight-faced, that a good dive is appreciated there. Culturally, it's viewed as a skill. They explained how to use the trailing leg to catch a defender, and kick up as if the defender had caught you. And they're proud they know this (actually it was in the context of teaching young players). I think it's just different. People from North America and the UK in particular have a desire to see fairness, and 'gentlemanly' conduct on the football pitch. Other areas just want to win, plain and simple.

All that said, the way Suarez reacted to Rodwell's touch combined with the red card that was produced...if I was an Everton player I would have a hard time not 'making up' for the injustice. Probably why I never made it very far.

Let's make things clear. There are some differences between divers and whose I call "easy fallers" if you understand me. Nani, imo, is an "easy faller" (and I think we have discussed this at a certain point in Barça thread). By diver I define the one who mocks and fakes injuries which I don't think Nani is at all. I wouldn't even consider him a diver compared to the likes of Busquets, Suarez and Di María faking injuries while the rest of the team surrounds the referee. The vid Bitter Rivals has shown just proves my theory, Nani falls down, complains and moves on.

Got it?

My friend Andre,
I remember a match between Man Utd and Liverpool, and an incident involving Carragher where Nani played being virtually dead (i'm exagerating)...Just like Suarez, Nani is a great but irritating player.

My friend Andre,
I remember a match between Man Utd and Liverpool, and an incident involving Carragher where Nani played being virtually dead (i'm exagerating)...Just like Suarez, Nani is a great but irritating player.

To be fair - if the incident is the one when Carragher went in straight legged, over the ball and studded a gaping hole into Nani's leg...that was kind of fair enough.

(and only a yellow card, of course)

If you want a true example of Nani's pr*ckness, use his 'headbutt' against West Ham 3 years ago. He initiates the contact and goes down like he's been shot. Pathetic. (and Fergie didn't let him play again that season, even after his suspension was over).

:LOL: The Carragher one is an embarrassment if Gerd is using that as Nani "milking it " Shocked at how quickly he recovered from that horror tackle.

The 08' one is spot on and it was his first season with us, I don't think he's stooped anywhere near that level since.

Personally Di Maria and Busquets are the worst for me, even Suarez is bad but he plays for Liverpool, they need all the advantage he can get(;))) the other two play for Real and Barcelona.

That one was ridiculous indeed, both from Nani and Lucas Neill. Frankly I didn't remember that awful scene so ok, I assume he dives (or dived, like Sina said, he is changing his behaviour as he gets older) but still unfair to put the poor guy in the same bag as Suarez and Di María (note that I like them too! Nothing against those players besides the behaviour).

Yes Gerd, he exaggerated that time. I remember him throwing himself to the ground like a big pansy and pointing at this leg in front of the ref but he got hurt serious, he wasn't faking an injury, he wasn't pretending. Luckily he remained fine.

Last edited:

Jesus man.
What is this supposed to mean?
I already thought your first question was rather agressive, but this beats everything.
Like i said in a previous post: it was very obvious that Everton were robbed.
I have said countless times that all too often bigger clubs are advantaged by referees. I think there is a logical explanation for some penalties that aren't penalties and that fact that big clubs get more free kicks: they usually have more ball possession, are more often in the box and are dominating. What happened yesterday had nothing to do with all that, Everton were equal to Liverpool.

What i was stating has nothing to do with yesterday's match. I think in general it is a good thing that Liverpool (on the continent by many still seen as England's biggest club) can compete again. As a neutral football fan i like tradition clubs (and if you don't see that Liverpool have a biggere tradition than Everton...) doing well.

Oh and while watching the match live on television, i actually wanted Everton to win. It seems as if you wanted Liverpool to loose...i never watch football with that negative bias.

Ps: it was never my intention to moralise. If so i'm sorry.
Ah apologies, gerd, I didn't mean to come across as aggressive. The fact I included Schumacher and Witsel in that post shows I was trying to be light-hearted about it. :P

I can understand your viewpoint if you were trying to state it in a general sense, I guess.

Getting back to topic....this is a Liverpool thread :-)

Looking forward to the next games ....
up next is Man United at home...

With Gerrard in the lineup and if we play Kuyt and Bellamy
on the wings with Downing, Adam and Henderson as backups.

then things should really pick up..

Our best lineup ??

-------------------Reina-----------------

--Kelly-------Carra---Skrtel-----Enrique--

----------Gerrard------Lucas--------------

---Kuyt--------------------------Bellamy--

----------Suarez-----Carroll--------------

I would put Maxi in there as well.....but looks like Dalglish
does not want him for league games..

For a more defensive lineup ( 1 striker)
-------------------Reina-----------------

--Kelly-------Carra---Skrtel-----Enrique--

----------Gerrard------Lucas--------------

---Bellamy---------Kuyt------------Downing--

----------------Suarez--------------------

Got it?

Yeah I get... He fricking dived!!! Easy faller or diver, same bloody thing. Goes down without really being touched. Maybe I'm just stupid though :~0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom