Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

yeah that Jaskelainen back pass was straight penalty..not given..

good summary.. and i meant the same handball as you..

everything was very obvious and not given by referees...

Tottenham match was special, sometimes i think the ref must be Spurs fan, especialy giving yellow after yellow as if he was listening to the crowd..

imho Adam deserved card for Parker faul but.. Skrtel should never play against Bale... that´s ridicilous decision from our coach staff.

A backpass doesn't result in a penalty, it would have been an indirect free kick mate.

As for the Spurs game, i think the ref's become a bit of a scapegoat tbh, all four fouls which led to the players being sent off could easily be considered a bookable offense, and even though there was no intention from Adam for his second, it was still reckless and high and could easily have been a straight red and his first was his own fault, he could have passed the ball easily but instead tried to beat the entire Spurs midfield on his own.

Some players were out of position but even the ones in their proper positions played poor, the only players that can come out with any credit for me are Lucas, Suarez and Enrique (wish he'd pass the fucking ball though sometimes, he just wants to run with it)

Are you bi polar gerd? In a previous post you state Adam is unlucky and then in another Suarez should have been sent off? For what like? For getting frustrated?

First of all: calm down. No need to call anybody bi polar. I could reply with a similar question, but i won't because this is about discussing things, not calling names.

Adam was unlucky...not because he got a second yellow...he fully deserved that. He was unlucky because his foul on Parker was accidental, it was more clumsiness than bad intent. Maybe you will understand me with another example: Paul Scholes. Scholes had a relatively bad discipline record not beause he had the intention to harm people, but he nevertheless endangered other players because he was a very clumsy tackler. Adam had his eyes on the ball and so he made a daongerous challenge. The yellow card was justified albeit an unlucky one.

Suarez: he is moaning for two matches now. The fact that Liverpool looses is everybody fault, except his...and that while he played two bad matches...On top of that he might have been sent off only for what he did to Parker...he deliberately went with his hands for Parker's throat...i'm not the only one to have seen this. It was also mentioned in the Guardian's podcast Football Weekly. In that same podcast they made the same analysis about Suarez as me...and they even added that Suarez was constantly moaning about to his team mates too...

It seems there are more bi polar people than you think...if i were you i would not feel very safe. :COOL:

Skrtel is not good enough for Liverpool, not as a SB and not as CB.

Well, i disagree.. i try to be objective on Skrtel as he is from same country as me..but i don´t think he is worse than Agger for Liverpool, why? becouse he is much more consistent and to much underrated..

At 27, he should be already starting with a solid partner in our CB pair... there was no big difference between him and Vidic for example.. both came from same league to PL in probably same age... While Vidic get a solid and reliable CB partner..he developed to best CB in world with Ferdinand..

in other side Skrtel, while playing with Carra his first seasons was our main CB.. he was used by all coaches and last season didn´t miss a single match in PL... but now he needed a solid CB partner, like Cahill for example..not being played out of his position...

When Roy played Agger as LB last season, fans were not happy, player was not happy... Now that Skrtel is played as RB, he´s shit suddenly and not good enough...

i don´t think so.. when the team playes good, Skrtel can be a great CB as well...if the team playes bad or lose, he is one of first names to be responsible for the loss... that´s how it is unfortunatelly.

First of all: calm down. No need to call anybody bi polar. I could reply with a similar question, but i won't because this is about discussing things, not calling names.

Adam was unlucky...not because he got a second yellow...he fully deserved that. He was unlucky because his foul on Parker was accidental, it was more clumsiness than bad intent. Maybe you will understand me with another example: Paul Scholes. Scholes had a relatively bad discipline record not beause he had the intention to harm people, but he nevertheless endangered other players because he was a very clumsy tackler. Adam had his eyes on the ball and so he made a daongerous challenge. The yellow card was justified albeit an unlucky one.

Suarez: he is moaning for two matches now. The fact that Liverpool looses is everybody fault, except his...and that while he played two bad matches...On top of that he might have been sent off only for what he did to Parker...he deliberately went with his hands for Parker's throat...i'm not the only one to have seen this. It was also mentioned in the Guardian's podcast Football Weekly. In that same podcast they made the same analysis about Suarez as me...and they even added that Suarez was constantly moaning about to his team mates too...

It seems there are more bi polar people than you think...if i were you i would not feel very safe. :COOL:

Im very calm Gerd. I just find it a bit extreme, those two views.

As for Suarez, he is what he is. He's in a team thats slowly being turned around. And as for the Parker incident, well, if he did more fool him. But i also saw Parker kick out at Lucas on sunday without a card, so it goes on all over the pitch.

Great first half so far tonight in the carling cup, i know its only brighton but we are unlucky to be just 1-0 up. Bellamy is playing a blinder scoring then coming oh so close with a free kick that hit the underside of the bar, he looks really up for it buzzing all over the place. i hope he starts at the weekend.

Had a bit of a laugh when Spearing kept that ball in and he lost his balance, and when I saw Carra rushing in to help, I thought "Oh oh .. NOOOO HARSH TACKLE CARRA !!! ... too late". Spearing played well.

@Dags: Come back mate we need you! :-)

Last edited:

acorrdinig to itk's its

...........pepe.......
kelly-carra-skrtel-enrique
hendo-adam-lucas-downing
.....kuyt..suarez........

well not so bad wish Steve was there

.........pepe........
kelly-carra-skrtel-jose
........lucas..........
..............adam.....
.......steve G.........
kuyt............downing
.........Suarez........

my formation for today :P

Gerrard is on the bench i belive.. Dalglish said it in interview somewhere.. they won´t rush him.. but i think he will play today at some point..

Carroll not getting a look in at all then?

unfortunately,he is today.Kuyt dropped,henderson,carrol back in...

tumblr_lick3a54OS1qgs2w9.gif

I lol-ed with Carroll at the end, I have no idea what he was trying to do probably do the Suarez thing on the 2nd goal :P

What the fuck was that change ? Our manager is a dinosaur.

fucking absurde hope at the last he saw or someone tell that fucking carroll and henderson should be in bench next game

what a shit match we did and what a stupid desision to change Suarez

And he got hurt lol. Gosh I almost thought he'll pull it it off but alas the ball poked away.

Superb Suarez goal really !!

A win is a win. Kenny got away with
it with that team, if he puts the same
team out for our next two games we'll get murdered.

Carroll put himself about but lacked being a goal threat
reminds me of the Crouch situation.

Henderson went missing again one for the future but not a starter
especially over Kuyt even Maxi. Adam I like but lacks discipline
still goes about like he's at blackpool still needs to work
on his game.

Bit baffled by Kenny's change of tactics this season, take out
Suarez, Kuyt, Gerrard we'll struggle big time for a spark.

A win is a win. Kenny got away with
it with that team, if he puts the same
team out for our next two games we'll get murdered.

Carroll put himself about but lacked being a goal threat
reminds me of the Crouch situation.

Henderson went missing again one for the future but not a starter
especially over Kuyt even Maxi. Adam I like but lacks discipline
still goes about like he's at blackpool still needs to work
on his game.

Bit baffled by Kenny's change of tactics this season, take out
Suarez, Kuyt, Gerrard we'll struggle big time for a spark.
Only Crouch didnt cost 35M. We are in big trouble with this guy. The yanks should have never allowed Dalglish to make such an irrational buy. We would be lucky if anyone offers more than 5M for him now.

Only Crouch didnt cost 35M. We are in big trouble with this guy. The yanks should have never allowed Dalglish to make such an irrational buy. We would be lucky if anyone offers more than 5M for him now.

don´t be silly now.. Crouch was bought while we had other owners and he was 3 years older than Carroll, prety unknown and only starting to play for national team after this transfer to LFC..

Carroll was already called by England coach to represent and started at age 21, while having a fantastic season with Newcastle in PL and Championship with 20 years of age...You seem to forget we currently have owners who spend big if we buy a player for future with potential, wich Carroll still is with his young age...

I admit he´s not worth 35 m. but the circumstance of his buy is pretty complicated to only look on this price and not looking at those other things around his transfer.. wich you and other who criticise this transfer do all the time.

as i see it we have a big amount of haters in our fans..

if we look on the two players without looking on the past teams...or if we compare or swap with Chelsea fans who only start to experience Torres the same time while we started to experience Carroll...if their transfers would mean start of something new..then Carroll did very good and just the same way as Torres for Chelsea...with less age and 20 mil. pounds cheaper player...

Sometimes strikers just have difficult time to score, or a bad luck...

But i refuse to criticise Carroll in games he didn´t play and we loose and in games he didn´t score and we won, wich should be normal, as nothing than 3 point´s should matter to us ... i would not mind him score 0 untill end of season if we manage to win all of them.. simple as that..

As you mentioned Crouch.. why did Rafa had faith in him his first 18 matches without a single goal if i remember well? he could as well sell him at that time...

Poor Carroll, no wonder he can´t score while everyone who he talks to or every hater points out on him and say perform god damn, you are a 35 mil. pounds player..wich he is not.. but in the end he could be worth that and even more for his LFC carrer, especialy not recieving a massive sallary as Torres or your favourite Aguero..who you compare him with...

Pipa your wrong , what u saw about carroll 1/2 of seaon of him in premier leauge ? Fir half season we paid 35 m £.

Its true chelsea paid 55 m for Torres or city about 35 m £ for Aguero but they bought STARS and we dont buy one star we buy just a player that no one know and with half season in one serious league you cant pay so much its just wrong this

true, but you don´t see the circumstances.. we would NEVER BUY HIM FOR 35 MIL. if there was other options and if we didn´t recieved 57 mil. from selling Torres and Babel..get it? NEVER. Newcastle would never want that money from us and would agree to sell him for 20 max. if they didn´t knew we sold Torres with MASSIVE profit for us...with few hours to end the transfer window and us being without main CF......

That´s why we could afford this 35 mil. to spend..becouse i admit also Kenny liked him, but also becouse there is lot´s of potential in him for his age, ability, previous showings...but also most important we had money from Torres + one big sallary from out of our list...

Chelsea bought Torres who didn´t play his best a year for us..he was star, but more a myth at that point.. he was at peak in 2008.. he won world cup of course..but he didn´t played in all the games and scored what? one goal?... he performed only against his future club becouse he wanted OUT.

Last edited:

That's the stupid part. The idea that the owners came up with that they need to replace Torres immediately and with an injured player and get used like that by Newcastle. But hey if you can afford it, you can. I've seen worse deals. All you can do now is support Caroll. No point in bashing him. From what I've seen, he might turn out really good.

Pipa your wrong , what u saw about carroll 1/2 of seaon of him in premier leauge ? Fir half season we paid 35 m £.

Its true chelsea paid 55 m for Torres or city about 35 m £ for Aguero but they bought STARS and we dont buy one star we buy just a player that no one know and with half season in one serious league you cant pay so much its just wrong this
No point arguing with Pipa about Carroll. He totally bought that "we had to replace Torres ASAP or we were gonna get relegated ..."

That's the stupid part. The idea that the owners came up with that they need to replace Torres immediately and with an injured player and get used like that by Newcastle. But hey if you can afford it, you can. I've seen worse deals. All you can do now is support Caroll. No point in bashing him. From what I've seen, he might turn out really good.
Are you an old enough Rossoneri fan to remember Mark Hateley playing for you lot? That's who I've seen Carroll compared to numerous times.

of course we needed to replace Torres immediately, but is it our foult he wanted to go asap, is it fault of our club to want a replacement..

Don´t criticise Carroll yet..i remember wanting him for us when he played for Newcastle...

Chelsea were sniffing around him at that time but Newcastle turned down everyone obviously, couse he was massive talent for them and a vision of such money we payed them... We payed the price Newcastle think they would anyway sell him later if he´d continue making progress such fast as he did for them...If he continued like that for them, there would be every major club in PL wanting him already with City having no problem to actually give them the same money we did... and double or triple the sallary we gave him wich is the most important part, becouse in this we take the risk to buy him for what he could be worth and yet giving him sallary that is definetly not on the same level as Aguero´s or Torres one! We took the risk, but still a risk that could pay off for us... becouse we would in first place never buy him if Torres would not wanted to go and in second place we would never sell Torres to Chelsea if he didn´t give us the request to leave! don´t you understand yet? damn.....

I ask what´s silly on that deal...? How did Chelsea made better deal FOOTBALL WISE than us buying Torres, if their individual stats speak for Carroll in favour?? I try to be objective and look from every angle...not just moan about player who in reality has nothing to do with the fact how the clubs set the prices...he only agrees to go becouse Newcastle said: "Look, this is money we want, you have to go!"

Chelsea might sell more shirts, that´s the only advantage and difference between this two players ATM. Maybe Torres does better for Chelsea, but we sold him at the right time, becouse if he continued to sulk untill summer, we would be happy to get 30 mil. for him...... and he would continue sulking, becouse he was just not interested...we were in situation NOW OR NEVER don´t you understand it yet??? ....

Carroll has lower sallary, he is 5 years younger and he still can prove everyone wrong and start being as he was for Newcastle, becouse he didn´t just lost his ability like that...

I was old enough to have seen Hateley.
Hateley was clearly better than Carroll. Carroll is going to be legendary, one of the worst buys ever...

Back
Top Bottom