Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Totally outplayed in midfield.
Stupid Suarez (should also have been sent off).
But somehow right at this moment i still think Liverpool can win this match. Spurs are mentally so weak, that it is possible to come back.

It's not now.

Funny how we went from way too many midfielders, to absolutely shocking midfielders. Gerrard better return fast.

Misfit will have a field day with us here. I'm prepared, we were flat. Kuyt not starting was key as he was the cover Skrtel / Flanagan would've needed facing Bale and Henderson wasn't a factor. Agger hopefully not too long.

Stupid2 Adam, Stupid Tackle, Game over.

Positives: We're changing CM (YEEEEHAAA), no more charlie ******* adams for a change. So Carra n Coates with Flanagan and Kelly as full backs. Suddenly our back 4 is like a lamb ready for BBQ-ing.

Awful result, team was just out of place.
Very ill disciplined performance, can't
wait til either one of kelly or Johnson
to come back into the first team.

Carragher my god lets be real here his a legend
and all, bleeds the red of liverpool but that
doesn't entitle him to be undroppable. Just look
at Ferguson who is not afraid to drop the likes of
Ferdinand & Berbatov if they're not upto scratch
plus even the likes of Giggs & Scholes aren't/weren't given
the divine right to start every match. We should give
Cahill some serious consideration come january.

Carroll, it's still early days but I just don't think
him starting is working he's not playing bad but not really
bringing anything to the team. Just look how Adebayor played
today the his touch, movement and finishing was superb.
Carroll needs to up his game cause the good old english
CF upfront at a top club just doesn't cut it.

Hope to see us switch to an interchangable three up behind
Suarez next league game.

And yeah getting rid of Mereiles was a good move, who
cares if he wanted leave we're not overstocked in midfield
as people believe us to be. Look at Kranjcar due to the spurs
signing modric and bale coming good on the left he fell down the pecking
order, then they signed Pienaar & VDV further pushing him down
he did express his desire to leave last season hell he was linked to moving to here
but he came good towards the end of the season when called upon stayed on
this season and has played pretty well he's still not guaranteed regular first team footbal.
Raul wasn't a waster like joe Cole and is a quality player. Yeah Stevie is coming back
but don't expect him to perform wonders.

Last edited:

mistakes are one thing, people make it during match...but a mistake to buy someone who totaly fail the expectations is other thing...

Kenny has bigest job in his life ahead of him...

I think we will be happy with Europa league next season..

thinking about Rafa CL nights right now ...

Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Rubbish performance. Shit with 11 men. Shit with 9 men. When one nil down, subs should have been made. When they were made, it was too late to make a difference... not that they would have 10 mins earlier but just felt a change was needed sooner.

I'm not going to start slagging everyone off though. Terrible day at the office against a good team. Hopefully back to winning ways next week.

Well...I just hope this does not continue for much long...

it would be sad to see Kenny get sacked at Liverpool....

but then again ....signing Henderson and Adam ?????

What were we thinking....

It's far too early to judge Henderson and Adam.
Adam was a litle bit unlucky with his second yellow.
Putting Skrtel against Bale was a very big mistake. Carragher is an has been, Liverpool should offer him a job as a staff member and give him a big testimonial because he's a legend...but he's past it (and Gerrard too if you ask me).
Suarez can be a fantastic player but also a liability.

And Carrol, well someone compared him to Adebayor, enough said...

That said, Spurs were very good. Modric was absolutely devastating it's unfair to write Liverpool off after two difficult away matches against good opponents...(and they were unlucky against Stoke and also a litle bit against Spurs).

It's far too early to judge Henderson and Adam.
Adam was a litle bit unlucky with his second yellow.
Putting Skrtel against Bale was a very big mistake. Carragher is an has been, Liverpool should offer him a job as a staff member and give him a big testimonial because he's a legend...but he's past it (and Gerrard too if you ask me).
Suarez can be a fantastic player but also a liability.

And Carrol, well someone compared him to Adebayor, enough said...

That said, Spurs were very good. Modric was absolutely devastating it's unfair to write Liverpool off after two difficult away matches against good opponents...(and they were unlucky against Stoke and also a litle bit against Spurs).

Who compared him to Adebayor? Adebayor is a much better striker, there is no comparison.

And yeah getting rid of Mereiles was a good move, who
cares if he wanted leave we're not overstocked in midfield
as people believe us to be.

I think that's the key, he was a great player to have in the squad. If he had been sold for a massive profit, an offer too good to refuse it would have been one thing, but it seems he left for not that much more than what you paid for him. Which was very strange given last season prooved he was well adapted to the Premier League. He was very versatile and usually gives a solid performance. Once Adam was sent off I'd have brought Raul Mereiles on for Downing, just to stabilise the midfield, but looking at the bench there were no options in central midfield.

fuckin ref ruined the game for me!
played right into the home fans hands.
demote the cunt to the championship!

I thought the yellow cards were warranted, at least most of them, LFC was timid and second to almost everything coming their way. Charlie's second was unfortunate because he was aiming at the ball completely and Parker came in from nowhere and offered his knee *litterally*.

mistakes are one thing, people make it during match...but a mistake to buy someone who totaly fail the expectations is other thing...

do you get it now?

Funnily enough......I have a feeling....Rafa will be back some day.

Just looking at our 2008/09 team.....it was imperious.
was watching the DVD.....

He has unfinished business with Liverpool....

Rafa?!
Do me a favour! He had a bit of success but fuck watching Liverpool play under him again. Boring as hell footy!
The guy lost the plot!

Who compared him to Adebayor? Adebayor is a much better striker, there is no comparison.

Sabac red did, well not literally...but inplicitly the comparison was there...

People who say the ref is to blame are blind. This was a good ref. He could have sent off Suarez too...

It's not a comparision just that Andy/the management should look at
the template of other big strikers currently. Like Dzeko, Gomez, Ibra
Cardozo etc.... Carroll is still young but I don't like the way he is
playing or how he is being used at the moment.

Sincerely hope Kenny does the right thing and step down while Rafa is still unemployed(not managing).Would love to have Rafa back!With all the funds available to him,at least we'll have some decent players and ship out the rubbish(adam,hendo,carrol,downing,long term planning bellamy)we have.Hopefully bring Torres back as well.Sure if Rafa was in charge yesterday,he would have done the obvious thing in putting Kuyt on the right to give Skrtel some cover with Bale running riot.Tactics,something we sadly lack.Left footed "winger" on the right,non existent player(Hendo)in the centre,over zealous"british grit"fatty with him and a useless donkey up top,alone only to put him on the wing later on.Absofuckinlutely beaut that.Thank fuck we are not in europe else Dalglish wouldve been royally embarrased(as was the case last season with Braga).We will and you can quote me on this,never make a CL spot,never ever with Dalglish in charge.Game's evolved too much for him.Best get back on the golf course King Kenny.....

Just wanted to add,we started last season with 5 pts from 5 games(tougher games than we had this season),this time round its 7pts from 5 games.People were up in arms bitchin back then(rightly so)but this time round no one seems to have the balls to say it(although you know its in their head)just cos its King Kenny...

Sincerely hope Kenny does the right thing and step down while Rafa is still unemployed(not managing).Would love to have Rafa back!With all the funds available to him,at least we'll have some decent players and ship out the rubbish(adam,hendo,carrol,downing,long term planning bellamy)we have.Hopefully bring Torres back as well.....

Most unrealistic post ever...wake up!

Well Ancelotti said he wants to coach in the PL next year. Waiting on Liverpool or Arsenal I would say maybe earlier than next year.

Why are fans so black and white?
Last year Dalglish was the saviour, now everything he does is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with Dalglish (so far), there is much wrong with the expectations of the Liverpool fans. This season will be a transitional season. About Henderson, Downing, Adam and the other new signings: allow them the time to adapt. I remember people complaining about Lucas. Last season he was considered Liverpool's best player...
The jury is still put on Adam and Henderson, but that is also the case for fan favourite Luis Suarez who could not lift his team against Stoke and Spurs (and who could have been sent off in both matches, that would maybe have been harsh sending offs, but nevertheless in those two matches Suarez was a liability).

It's far too early to talk of getting rid of kenny and stupid to think rafa will ever be coming back. For one can you see him working with comolli? didn't exactly go smoothly for him at Inter did it?

The team still needs time to gel, personally I think carroll has to be dropped the team just can't function fluidly with him in it. The second half of last season we played some wonderful pass and move football and he wasn't there a large chunk of that. The thought at the back of my mind wishes we didn't rush out to sign him and waited to the summer to look up better options.

Just wanted to add,we started last season with 5 pts from 5 games(tougher games than we had this season),this time round its 7pts from 5 games.People were up in arms bitchin back then(rightly so)but this time round no one seems to have the balls to say it(although you know its in their head)just cos its King Kenny...

Fucking hell mate, stop playing the contrarian it's getting really boring.

It's nothing to do with Kenny being "The King" and nobody wanting to criticise him, he's been getting plenty of criticism. The problem with Hodgson wasn't 100% about the results, it was a collective thing, he started off badly and got worse, he never ever said the right thing in press conferences or interviews, he stubbornly wouldn't change any tactics even when they weren't working.

There's some differences there, Kenny has tried several changes and new tactics when things aren't working, ok the changes don't always work but at least he tries something different. Of course he made mistakes yesterday, and i agree that Kuyt should have started but he was also let down by his players who didn't start the game well and made too many mistakes. Skrtel is playing right back to cover for injured players and he had a nightmare after two competent performances in that position. Adam had a bad game but isn't a bad player, same goes for Downing and Carroll. I bet when he scored two against City you weren't calling for him to be sold, give the lad a chance, so far he's played less than Torres and scored more since the transfer so get some perspective.

also, on this 5 game thing, last season we'd deservedly lost 2, drawn 2 and scraped a win against West Brom. This season we've lost 2 (including the Stoke game when we should have had a penalty), drawn 1 and won 2 (including beating Arsenal at the Emirates for the first time).

It's very early days, we're still above Tottenham in the league yet suddenly they're contenders and we're not after losing 4-0 with 9 men on the pitch and losing to Stoke after some poor refereeing in a game we completely dominated.

Hodgson got slaughtered by Liverpool fans, but the man went about everything the wrong way, Dalglish is ingrained in the history of the club so of course he's going to get more slack from the fans, but don't be mistaken into thinking the fans will stand by him no matter what even if he drags us down. If you believe that then you've clearly never heard of Graeme Sounness.

oh my word, i thought it was bad enough on RAWK.

We lost. Get over it. Its all very well playing champ manager in hindsight but the fact is we shipped a lot of goals whilst down to 9 men. It was game over at 10.

Spurs were better than us for the first 15-20 then we lost a man. Calling for Kenny and for Rafa is ridiculous.

I'll tell you something about Rafa, it was just as bad, hanging in for a defensive dour performance and losing to a sucker punch last minute goal and having no time to claw it back under Benitez. At least under Kenny in 4 of the 5 games, we have played pretty well and should have 5 more points than we have.

get a grip.

oh my word, i thought it was bad enough on RAWK.

We lost. Get over it. Its all very well playing champ manager in hindsight but the fact is we shipped a lot of goals whilst down to 9 men. It was game over at 10.

Spurs were better than us for the first 15-20 then we lost a man. Calling for Kenny and for Rafa is ridiculous.

I'll tell you something about Rafa, it was just as bad, hanging in for a defensive dour performance and losing to a sucker punch last minute goal and having no time to claw it back under Benitez. At least under Kenny in 4 of the 5 games, we have played pretty well and should have 5 more points than we have.

get a grip.

Sorry but the stuff about Benitez being boring and negative is fucking stupid, look at the 08/09 season when we finished 2nd, he pretty much had the team he wanted then bar maybe one or two others, we finished 2nd on 86 points and had the best goal difference in the league (not just because we conceded less, but we also scored more than anyone else) then the board started fucking everything up and decided not to back him with any money apart from what he could bring in, we lost players because of that policy and the team went to cock. When Benitez had Liverpool playing the way he wanted us to, with the team he wanted, we were pretty much unplayable.

He never lost the plot, he lost the support of the people within the club who make the big decisions.

Back
Top Bottom