Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

About yesterday's match. I'm a Spurs fan and i watch regularly. This is perhaps Spur's best match until now.
On top of that Liverpool were not exactly lucky. The second yellow of Adam was an unlucky one...that was pure bad luck. After 45 minutes it was only 1-0 and the ref could have given a penalty against Assou Ekoto (i would have been very harsh, but one sees them given...).

After the second yellow for Skretel of course everything was lost...

It's far too early to talk of getting rid of kenny and stupid to think rafa will ever be coming back. For one can you see him working with comolli? didn't exactly go smoothly for him at Inter did it?

The team still needs time to gel, personally I think carroll has to be dropped the team just can't function fluidly with him in it. The second half of last season we played some wonderful pass and move football and he wasn't there a large chunk of that. The thought at the back of my mind wishes we didn't rush out to sign him and waited to the summer to look up better options.
Fuck Commolli. I don understand which is his work anyway .. he is supposed to spot the likes of Modric, not waste money in overrated british players we all know.
Anyone who thinks that the summer business was made by Commolli is blind. Im completely sure that when Dalglish renewed his contract he demanded being the one behind every transfer. And this is what we got, we had a better squad the 1st of July than now.

Let´s face it guys.. Spurs have a BETTER team than us, better team balance, they have leaders who are on top form, while we have aging Carra, unhappy Reina i imagine.. few new guys in midfield, Lucas, who is not a leader...

Suarez is top but lost there without at least 2 - 3 more equal top players to assist him..

I imagine one posibility.. we are aiming to build at least this and another year or we have realy the aim to play in CL next season...

but currently we are not better than Tottenham in terms of playing style and squad. We will face a big competition from them and we should start winning if we want to play CL next season.. becouse this was a disasteur.. Skrtel at RB? Carra should honestly not play anymore..

i still don´t understand why we didn´t buy Cahill..i said X times Agger is not reliable enough.. Coates is fine buy, but he´s unexperienced and just a kid.. We need to buy Cahill or other CB in January, we should have buy another one in summer..

Things will get bad if Gerrard won´t play as good as everyone expect him to do...for me he´s a legend, but if he get´s another long term injury it´s over... if we need to move forward as club, Kenny needs to be more ruthless, drop everyone who sucks.. play people on their positions, even if they are kids...why Tottenham play this kid on RB isntead of Corluka - international player, and Kenny is affraid to play Flanagan there and playes Skrtel there instead who is not a RB.. i doubt Flanagan would do worse than him yesterday at RB.

not happy about how we play especialy becouse we could play a lot more better with players avileable..

The second yellow of Adam was an unlucky one...that was pure bad luck.
You're joking, right? He could've been given a straight red for that. It was horribly late and he caught Parker just below the knee with his studs showing.

It was a bad enough "tackle" in its own right but to do that when already on a yellow card was insane.

Sorry but the stuff about Benitez being boring and negative is fucking stupid, look at the 08/09 season when we finished 2nd, he pretty much had the team he wanted then bar maybe one or two others, we finished 2nd on 86 points and had the best goal difference in the league (not just because we conceded less, but we also scored more than anyone else) then the board started fucking everything up and decided not to back him with any money apart from what he could bring in, we lost players because of that policy and the team went to cock. When Benitez had Liverpool playing the way he wanted us to, with the team he wanted, we were pretty much unplayable.

He never lost the plot, he lost the support of the people within the club who make the big decisions.

And you could also say that playing dour at home to Fulham, West Ham, Stoke away and Everton cost us the league title, when employed one striker in one game and dropped Alonso to rest him for another.

And your right we could be unplayable under Rafa, but it required his system to have the right players constantly. But that doesnt work see because people get injured and we never had a like for like for Alonso, Torres or Gerrard, he never had a plan b.

All managers make mistakes. i seem to remember Ferguson been humbled twice in a week, 5-0 at Newcastle and 6-3 at Soton. They went on to win the league.

You're joking, right? He could've been given a straight red for that. It was horribly late and he caught Parker just below the knee with his studs showing.

It was a bad enough "tackle" in its own right but to do that when already on a yellow card was insane.

He's right is was bad luck and required the use of common sense. As it was he reacted to the Spurs players and Parker being hurt. If you watch it again Adam follows the ball in the air over his head and shoulders and tries to get a foot on it as it comes down. parker comes in on his blind side. Yes it looks nasty but theres no intent, unless he has eyes in the back of his head. Stuff like this happens when people are challenging for a ball in the air.

Hey guys, whats the best and cheapest way to ge to Stoke from Liverpool? Train or bus? Appreciate your help.

He's right is was bad luck and required the use of common sense. As it was he reacted to the Spurs players and Parker being hurt. If you watch it again Adam follows the ball in the air over his head and shoulders and tries to get a foot on it as it comes down. parker comes in on his blind side. Yes it looks nasty but theres no intent, unless he has eyes in the back of his head. Stuff like this happens when people are challenging for a ball in the air.

Exactly. His mistake was that he was looking at the ball. I think he dserved the yellow card, but he was unlucky. He never had the intention to harm Parker and he did not even was aware of the fact that he would touch him...

Fucking hell mate, stop playing the contrarian it's getting really boring.

TBH,i know of a few out there who arent all dandy as well.But was trying to be cheeky with a few of folks out here who were pulling out tables and goin "if dalglish had started the season" shite.....

Hodgson got slaughtered by Liverpool fans, but the man went about everything the wrong way, Dalglish is ingrained in the history of the club so of course he's going to get more slack from the fans, but don't be mistaken into thinking the fans will stand by him no matter what even if he drags us down. If you believe that then you've clearly never heard of Graeme Sounness.

funnily enough,if youve read my post previously,you'd realize youre describing me.exact same thing i said bout souness

Let´s face it guys.. Spurs have a BETTER team than us, better team balance

which is sickening considering how much we spent and they look broke on the other hand.clever bit of buisness on the free adebayor though.shame he isnt british.kenny might have snapped him up

Kenny is affraid to play Flanagan there and playes Skrtel there instead who is not a RB.. i doubt Flanagan would do worse than him yesterday at RB.

not happy about how we play especialy becouse we could play a lot more better with players avileable..

the same kenny who gives youngsters a chance in your own words.looks like he was forced to play em last season rather than wanted to.in all honesty,flanno wouldnt have made a diffrence i feel,kuyt on the right wouldve made a huge diffrence.kuyt is a starter.no way ever should henderson,adam or even carrol be there in place of kuyt.be it up top or on the right.let's face it,he screwed up big time in two transfer windows.could have had mata went for downing.could have kept aqua,meireles but let em go and spunked a load on hendo,adam.that money could have been used on another "winger".andy carrol shouldve never even been considered.couldve went for a llorente,aguero,even negredo....

the same kenny who gives youngsters a chance in your own words.looks like he was forced to play em last season rather than wanted to.in all honesty,flanno wouldnt have made a diffrence i feel,kuyt on the right wouldve made a huge diffrence.kuyt is a starter.no way ever should henderson,adam or even carrol be there in place of kuyt.be it up top or on the right.let's face it,he screwed up big time in two transfer windows.could have had mata went for downing.could have kept aqua,meireles but let em go and spunked a load on hendo,adam.that money could have been used on another "winger".andy carrol shouldve never even been considered.couldve went for a llorente,aguero,even negredo....

I agree with my friends that Kuyt would've helped alot in this game, I guess KK somehow underestimated Bale and his attacking potency. Skrtel / Flano wouldn't be too much of a difference.

Downing is a great buy nomatter what you say, and Mata's not British so he's not going to help when the rule comes in to play. So I don't think it's a bad buy.

You don't know what's happening inside the camp about aqua and merieles so don't try to make it as if you know for what reasons both are really leaving. Aqua's position is the same as Gerrards and Merieles would've gotten many games in our side even with Hendo and Adams but he put in a transfer request so that's that. About Carroll yes hindsight would be very nice in this situation. But it's early days for him and not worried yet.

Those three wasn't available when Torres decided to quit last season. I agree that we should've waited but I guess KK mentions was very important that we got somebody to replace him right away instead of end of season.

which is sickening considering how much we spent and they look broke on the other hand.clever bit of buisness on the free adebayor though.shame he isnt british.kenny might have snapped him up

True but Adebayor playes there just becouse City has money and can afford to loan such player there..If Adebayor was free agent, i honestly doubt he would play there.. he´s on loan only..

Tottenham have money becouse also playing in CL season before.. they are currently not bellow us..

as i said, it´s due to the fact we are rebuilding.. i said what i think.. we will have to wait for CL another season..i don´t think we can fight for it this way as we show against Spurs..if Kenny is affraid to bench Carra... United is not affraid to play Jones with Evans against Chelsea... we don´t use our players wise imho.. we will see what happens..

You'll still finish fourth. No European commitments is really going to tell later in the season when all the others have 2 matches a week.

Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea AT THE MOMENT seem certainties for CL places.
The fourth place will be between Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. At the moment Spurs look the best team, but a season is long.

okay, is this a new thing, lfc not getting lucky with refs...

i think alot of supporters of other clubs would beg to differ...

especially vs lfc @ anfield...

It differs mate, as for all other teams, but i honestly think even in previous matches this season there was some very important things not seen by referees, hands wich should have been penalty in one game , can´t remember what game it was.. but such small fouls i don´t count.. ref is only human afterall, can´t see everything..but there is things he should have spoted and didn´t..

okay, is this a new thing, lfc not getting lucky with refs...

i think alot of supporters of other clubs would beg to differ...

especially vs lfc @ anfield...

The important things with refs is not luck but just a better standard of refereeing.

So far in 5 games with LFC i've seen:

Richardson not sent off even though he was the last man
Carroll goal disallowed for nothing more than a brush of an arm against Sunderland.
Arshavins foul on Kelly almost leading to an Arsenal goal for Van Persie
A Suarez marginally offside goal
The keeper picking a back pass up in full view of everyone vs Bolton
Zat Knight grabbing Suarez ankle against Bolton
Two handballs by Stoke, Delaps being the most obvious.

Obviously sunday - well i thought he was card happy to be honest. Adams first card was harsh, especially after he was badgered by three spurs players in the build up to it, which could have been a foul in itself. Skrtels first card was also harsh. A simple warning would have sufficed seeing as he hadnt commited a foul prior to that.

The general standard of refereeing is poor in this country. On sunday we got 6-7 cards from 9 fouls and i wouldnt even say it was a dirty game. Fast forward to Chelsea - Man U and Dowd officiated just as badly, missing offsides, letting yellow card offences go, booking someone but giving no pen, failing to send of Cole etc.

Its just completely all over teh place game to game. No basic consistency, no common sense, nothing. Its making the league a bit of a farce.

yeah that Jaskelainen back pass was straight penalty..not given..

good summary.. and i meant the same handball as you..

everything was very obvious and not given by referees...

Tottenham match was special, sometimes i think the ref must be Spurs fan, especialy giving yellow after yellow as if he was listening to the crowd..

imho Adam deserved card for Parker faul but.. Skrtel should never play against Bale... that´s ridicilous decision from our coach staff.

If Kuyt's been playing instead of Hendo / Adam then probably he would have a chance. But anyway, Skrtel was stupid with the second yellow carded tackle.

he´s no RB though.. he´s good at CB... playing him at RB is like if Terry or Ferdinand played there..

I think the complaints about the standard of refereeing are ridiculous. Why don't you try it yourself? Making decisions in a split second while we have the benefit of hindsight and 25 replays from 68 different angles.

There are also arguments to say that Liverpool were lucky: Suarez should have been sent off against Spurs and could have been sent off against Stoke for example.

Skrtel is not good enough for Liverpool, not as a SB and not as CB.

About Suarez: i hope for Liverpool they will not face a Tevez-like situation. Until this season Tevez was man City's most important player, but he was never happy. Suarez is a fantastic players, but he shows the same defficiencies as in Holland: a diver, a moaner, somebody who will take lots of yellow and red cards for his bad attitude. Dalglish needs to have a very serious talk with Suarez...if he doesn't change his attittude, in the long term Liverpool are better off with him. Potentially he has everything to become the best player of the EPL, but he need a leader on the pitch to guide him and he need somebody to make that clear to him...Suarez is not a leadership figure.

I think the complaints about the standard of refereeing are ridiculous. Why don't you try it yourself? Making decisions in a split second while we have the benefit of hindsight and 25 replays from 68 different angles.

There are also arguments to say that Liverpool were lucky: Suarez should have been sent off against Spurs and could have been sent off against Stoke for example.

Skrtel is not good enough for Liverpool, not as a SB and not as CB.

About Suarez: i hope for Liverpool they will not face a Tevez-like situation. Until this season Tevez was man City's most important player, but he was never happy. Suarez is a fantastic players, but he shows the same defficiencies as in Holland: a diver, a moaner, somebody who will take lots of yellow and red cards for his bad attitude. Dalglish needs to have a very serious talk with Suarez...if he doesn't change his attittude, in the long term Liverpool are better off with him. Potentially he has everything to become the best player of the EPL, but he need a leader on the pitch to guide him and he need somebody to make that clear to him...Suarez is not a leadership figure.

Are you bi polar gerd? In a previous post you state Adam is unlucky and then in another Suarez should have been sent off? For what like? For getting frustrated?

As for Suarez, he's uruguayan, and like most south american players he has his bad traits. Lots of the top players dive, moan and complain constantly.

I've seen far worse from Chelsea and United in regards to dissent and nothing done about it, it seems to be part of the game.

If its too difficult for refereees then they need technology. I dont buy into this garbage that its 'too hard for them to do' and all those cries. Those decisions were basic decisions and were not hard to make. The linesman that called the disallowed Carroll goal missed two offsides on sunday. Its either utter incompetence or poor standards.

The trouble with referees today is that they have become their own celebrities in the game because of the massive coverage on Sky. They get paid a decent wage, they get lots of exposure, they are pally with the players and clubs, they are above their station.

I dont think there is one decent referee in the Premier League. And i can also guarantee that come this weekend the league programme will be littered with bad calls again, match defining decisions.

Not good enough.

FROM THE OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL THREAD
"Dalglish is an absolute fu**ing dinosaur. He got the job on the back of a half a decent season where anything other than being relegated was pretty much considered a "success". A couple of decent results when there was literally no pressure on the team and no expectations whatsoever. Its interesting that when Hodgson was playing Meireles on the left for example he was ridiculed and criticised for it...when Kenny was doing it, it was barely mentioned. Now his outdated and tired tactics have been sussed but he still wont get anywhere near the same criticism that Hodgson received.

"I'm sure Dalglish would quite happily trot out the line that "reputations mean nothing" when it comes to which players start games, and therefore the same should be said for him. Yes, he is our greatest ever player but that doesn't mean he should escape criticism for these performances. Last season was a nothing, the pressure was off and there was nothing to lose. What exactly has he gotten right since then? Carroll for £35M? Henderson for £16M? Henderson becoming an automatic starter? The dropped points against Sunderland? The team selection at Arsenal (before the subs)? His persistence in playing Carragher despite him costing us both goals and points? His ridiculous rant about refs? Not playing Carroll at Stoke? Losing at Stoke? The starting line-up at Spurs (especially the right-hand side)? The lack of tactics and subs? I cant really see what hes gotten right for quite a while really. A win against a dreadful Bolton side and an (eventual) victory against one of the worst Arsenal sides in over a decade? I just hope that, as fans, we treat him just as fairly and equally as we did Hodgson. However, remember that Hodgson had a pittance to spend whereas Dalglish has wasted an incredible amount and overspent on players that we a) didnt need and b) arent up to standard"

and you lot thought i was bad....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom