Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Because he's playing on an higher level and is not good enough.
He has a very poor first touch and no sense of placement...he must be one of the bigest donkeys i ever saw on a football pitch. Liverpool have a great new squad, but IMO he's useless.

He has a very poor first touch and no sense of placement...he must be one of the bigest donkeys i ever saw on a football pitch. Liverpool have a great new squad, but IMO he's useless.

THIS...

Too soon to write him off. I think it will also depend on who we are playing. The fast counter attacking football we've played so far won't work well against teams that will just sit back and have 10 men blocking everything. Then Carroll will be really usefull imo. And the better the team plays now, the more cautious opponents will become.

Hahaha,
Maybe I can understand if he is bought because he was the top scorer of last season.
At their time, Marcus Stewart and Kevin Phillips have a way better season than Carroll but at the end, we never saw them playing with big team. They were just not belong to high level football.
It's just like what Milan did with Javi Moreno of Alaves.

Nice example with Javi Moreno... there's something about Carroll though that makes me want to believe he has something about him.

He's much better than Javi Moreno (Or Jose Mari ;) ) and he will show that over the next few years but yah good example. Just like them, he was overpriced but I don't think anyone would argue he wasn't. It had to do with circumstances. Price is irrelevant now.. let's just hope the lad finds his feet and I think he will, he's never gonna be a world beater but he can be a devastating striker and very useful and I think he'll become that if he can manage drinking etc.

I would not call Liverpool higher level from Newcastle, yes the expectations are higher here, but we play the same competitions than Newcastle this season..

I think Carroll can pretty much repeat the form he had at Newcastle, just with patience from coach and fans and with support.. he didn´t wanted to be bought for record sume, this is a fact not many fans realise.. and criticise him as they think he didn´t deserved to be so expensive..

But the guy has all the time + he is replacing someone who did fantastic for us immediately (Torres), but at the same time Torres didn´t shine after his 50 m. move to Chelsea as well.. the difference is he had proved he was top striker..

then again if i look on Carroll, he´s younger than Torres, cheaper than Torres and has potential that also our owners think is worth spending 35 mil.

YouTube - Andy Carroll Liverpool goals! ( 2 vs man city | 1 vs Liverpool ) BEAUTIFUL!

i would give him a chance, couse i think he can be great for us..

Yeah way too early to write the poor guy off!

And I do also find it funny and weird as well how so many people seem to dislike the guy because of his price tag! As if HE personally chose his price tag lol. If anything I'm sure he would've liked to join Liverpool for less $$ and so the pressure on him from media and everyone would be less as well.

The price tag doesn't help him.

Typical modern media, if you don't score like Ronaldo in your first season you're deemed not worth it. I agree with the fans who say give him more time. At least 6 months would be fair.

I personally think he will do quite well for you. But I think he will shine playing smaller teams and not do too well against the bigger teams. But that is just my opinion.

I also think that people are judging him too soon in a Liverpool shirt, need to give him time.

I admit that i don't like that type of player, so i'm most probably prejudiced. But i saw him against Bolton (when he came in at the end of the match). I think either Carroll has not what it takes (technical and positional) or he lacks confidence and then Dalglish should give him a mental coach. I know he only played something like 15 minutes (maybe less), but what i saw was really, really very weak.

If i'm wrong about him, i will be the first to admit that...and about the prize tag. I agree with you PLF, that he has nothing to do with the amount of money that Liverpool payed for him...i agree that this can become a burden for him, but really big players don't care about that (and personally i would care a lot about it, but i'm very far from a big player).

Anyone who paid attention to the youth tourney this summer knows all about him. Pretty shocked no one came in for him in the off season.

Only thing I would say is that he does seem a right c*nt...lots of diving, bad mouthing, squaring up etc. But has wonderful talent.

I think he stood out against England a couple of months back, resembled Iniesta in his playing style I think.

Kenny Dalglish makes just one change to the side that started against Bolton last time out, with Martin Skrtel replacing Martin Kelly.

Liverpool: Reina, Enrique, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Downing, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Carroll, Johnson, Maxi, Spearing, Bellamy, Coates.

All in all it was a good match , never-mind the loss but it just wasn't our day and we missed a lot of chances, at least I was glad that Suarez didn't bite the linesman at the end :P

Well, Chelsea, Arsenal and MU got 3pts. That is why we can't win league for so long. That is why no matter how good against them we play, we cant win championship. We losing matches against teams like Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland. I can't remebrer a season without Liverpool's humiliation against bad teams.

It won't be a humiliation in normal circumstances. But Players, Kenny and Staff talking about Champions League, about Top4. How they want to get there, losing points in matches like Sunderland and Stoke this season? Like I said, Chelsea or MU won't make such mistakes.

Playing at the Britannia is brutal for all of the big teams. They have a great record there, one of the top home records in the league.

It won't be a humiliation in normal circumstances. But Players, Kenny and Staff talking about Champions League, about Top4. How they want to get there, losing points in matches like Sunderland and Stoke this season? Like I said, Chelsea or MU won't make such mistakes.

Possession Stoke 41% Liverpool 59%
Attempts on target Stoke 1 Liverpool 11
Attempts off target Stoke 2 Liverpool 9
Corners Stoke 2 Liverpool 12
Fouls Stoke 12 Liverpool 13

From the BBC for those who havent seen the stats..

we were unlucky..

well, today wasn't a humiliation really cos' we dominated them during the whole game, the same happened with Barca today(even though they didn't loose) and many other teams. Stoke has added depth to their squad this season and it will be very difficult for other teams to win on their home-ground. I just was mad that we couldn't make the most of our chances cos' if Henderson and Suarez had scored, we would have won the match nuff said.

Possession Stoke 41% Liverpool 59%
Attempts on target Stoke 1 Liverpool 11
Attempts off target Stoke 2 Liverpool 9
Corners Stoke 2 Liverpool 12
Fouls Stoke 12 Liverpool 13

From the BBC for those who havent seen the stats..

we were unlucky..

you forgot the most important stat,STOKE 1-0.unlucky?whatever blows wind up your skirt.while raul meireles played a beauty of a pass for sturridge to score,our henderson couldnt score after being put thru.as the above poster said,a 35mill striker on the bench.even when he came on,absolutely useless.kenny's blaming the ref,poor form from him.it was the lack of ability form the mediocre overpriced duds he bought.charlie fuckin adam and his hollywood passes,tryin to score from halfway with a pathethic attempt.carragher and his fuckin hoofs!on the other side of manchester,a 38mill striker keeps bangin goals in,you know,the childhood liverpool fan.alas he isnt british and kenny only wants northern donkeys.or rather we just had to,else liverpool will cease to exist.no one to replace torres.so get a player who couldnt play cos he was injured.jesus christ!

you forgot the most important stat,STOKE 1-0.unlucky?whatever blows wind up your skirt.while raul meireles played a beauty of a pass for sturridge to score,our henderson couldnt score after being put thru.as the above poster said,a 35mill striker on the bench.even when he came on,absolutely useless.kenny's blaming the ref,poor form from him.it was the lack of ability form the mediocre overpriced duds he bought.charlie fuckin adam and his hollywood passes,tryin to score from halfway with a pathethic attempt.carragher and his fuckin hoofs!on the other side of manchester,a 38mill striker keeps bangin goals in,you know,the childhood liverpool fan.alas he isnt british and kenny only wants northern donkeys.or rather we just had to,else liverpool will cease to exist.no one to replace torres.so get a player who couldnt play cos he was injured.jesus christ!

tell em' why your mad dude!!!

Back
Top Bottom