Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

The annoyance with both Chelsea and especially City is that they are being rewarded for.......well f$%k all really. Chelsea less so as it was CL qualification that sealed them being bought instead of Liverpool, so they had some succes and were rewarded for it (even if it was out of proportion to their succes).

A lot of the hate for Chelsea was that they also became a horribly cynical team with Mourinho leading the cheating. They spent 250mil in two seasons and still they needed to dive and whinge (and even if they didn't they would still do it). Who can appreciate that?

As for City, who knows why they were bought? Because they are next to Utd? Atm I don't have a lot of problems with City, but that's mostly because they haven't yet achieved anything and I expect them to be hampered by the FFP rules. If they go currupt and use any means possible to continue to spend like madmen (cough stadium deal cough) I will really "hate" them. The fact they alse played some of the most boring football the last two seasons doesn't help them either.

There has to be a balance, both Chelsea and City are like 100m sprinters who are injecting themselves during the race. That's how blatant their financial doping is. Utd can spend huge amounts because they were smart and marketed themselves well whilst being succesfull. Liverpool less so, but they had a succesfull history and fanbase to lean on. And even then, neither clubs go way beyond their financial limits. They can spend that amount because they have earned it.

And Joe Cole Anfield Project is OFFICIALLY TURNED OFF :) Thanks a bunch Joe!

I partly agree with you tik. But there is one problem. You are comparing Chelsea and City with Liverpool and Man Utd who are also giants.
You could also compare Liverpool and Man Utd with Ajax and Anderlecht (or Benfica, or Porto, or Celtic, or Gothenborg, all EC winners and thus big clubs). All those clubs are midgets compared to Liverpool and Man Utd. As half Dutch you know that Ajax is a massive club...did Liverpool and Man Utd had better financial results because of their own merit?

I don't think so. They fare better than those other (former) big clubs because of television money and the the extremely unfair way the CL money is divided. The only way those clubs can compete with the English and Spanish clubs (and perhaps Bayern Munchen, Milan and Inter) is that they have a golden generation or a fantastic scouting system. Porto had a golden generation, Udines has a fantastic scouting system. The year after their success they lost all their good players. That Porto looses Falcao to Atletico Madrid is both good (because for once a star player will not end up in England or Madrid or Barcelona) and disturbing (because Atletico Madrid has more money than a club who has won the CL twice and is a regular over-achiever in European clubs.

The only way to become a big club is the way Chelsea, City and Anji are doing it. Those clubs are not to blame, it's the system that is to blame.

110831Cole03.jpg

The only way to become a big club is the way Chelsea, City and Anji are doing it. Those clubs are not to blame, it's the system that is to blame.

It really is that simple. UEFA and FIFA don't want a fair, competitive system in football. They want the biggest amount of money flowing into the game. They want Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich etc in as many big games as possible - because they bring the most money in.

Gerd is right - the only way for City to break into the elite is to spend £1bn. I don't like it, and I certainly think the way City have gone about spending is pretty disgusting but to quote a wise man: 'Don't hate the playa, hate the game'.

gerd i simply don´t like teams that were small year ago are now considered great.. i don´t think City or Chelsea have no history.. i just think the current state they are in is not what they build or deserve..it´s like an injection of money without years of sweat and trying, fighting.. you can´t simply buy something that other build for hundret years...but yeah, maybe we live in time where money is all.. i refuse to think money will replace dignity..or pride..

Bellamy is coming back....

Benayoun....also rumoured to go to Arsenal or Liverpool...

Both will do well as squad players...

i thought Benayoun will end up in Tottenham..

if he moves back, he will have it hard with some fans.. as he praised Chelsea etc.. don´t remember well..

Bellamy will be a good adition to attack

I really hope Bellamy back we need one player like him in bench , he can be good for last min of games to change result , its one player that give fire in match ! kind of Tevez player !

about Benayoun I dont think he back , but if he back for me i think he'll be welcome , but i guess he'll end on Tottenham !

EDIT: guys u listen any of rumors about offer 41 mil euro from Anzhi for Carroll , any true on this ?

Last edited:

Meireles has submitted a transfer request...30 mins before the window closes.

Not the brightest crayon in the box is he?!

You beat me to it! 29min. to go. I guess the deal is done and he won't be getting a loyalty bonus. I hope so, otherwise it is ridiculously stupid.

Not the best timing at all for Meireles. The club wanted to offload him so badly during the last month that he decided to handed a transfer request.

I don't mind Adam or Henderson, but seems weird to have chosen them over Meireles and Aquilani. Anywho, King Kenny has certainly done well so far, so carry on.

From Chelsea's point of view I'm loving this, from the players point of view he's playing with fire if this deal doesn't go through.

So the decision to give Aquilani to Milan for peanuts keeps getting crazier.

Is Bellamy a full signing or a loan?

Edit: Just seen City released him! Wow. Love that club. Just write off two years of a 4 year, $14m deal to get him off the wage bill.

Last edited:

I don't mind Adam or Henderson, but seems weird to have chosen them over Meireles and Aquilani. Anywho, King Kenny has certainly done well so far, so carry on.

Yeah but the club has Gerrard as well as some youngsters. I'd rather he stay tbh, but you have to wonder how many of the players will be getting enough games.

So it looks like this is the squad now;

GK: Reina - Doni

RB: Johnson - Kelly - Flannagan
CB: Mrtn Sktrl - Carra - Agger - Coates
LB: Enrique - Aurelio - Robinson

DM: Lucas - Spearing
CM: Gerrard - Adam - Shelvey
SM: Downing - Henderson

ST: Suarez - Carroll - Kuyt - Bellamy

Pretty good squad imo. If Coates is good, defence looks very balanced and has enough depth. Midfield still looks strong, although another winger would be good imo. Attack looks fine aswell if Bellamy signs up...(which he has whilst I've typed this message). 2 fast and tricky and two strong and solid players.

Yeah but the club has Gerrard as well as some youngsters. I'd rather he stay tbh, but you have to wonder how many of the players will be getting enough games.

Pretty good squad imo. If Coates is good, defence looks very balanced and has enough depth. Midfield still looks strong, although another winger would be good imo. Attack looks fine aswell if Bellamy signs up...(which he has whilst I've typed this message). 2 fast and tricky and two strong and solid players.
That is not enough, we need one more midfielder.

damn it´s not about him wanting out, but when he want´s out, We rejected two chelsea offers for him in summer, and this is the answer, so he moves for cheaper in last 30 minutes...

he spends next months not playing becouse it´s already after midnight..

the timing again fantastic...Torres all over again, but now we hopefully won´t sell bellow his price... 12 m. is a joke

I dont know why people are so hard on Meireles. He is a fantastic player that should have been given a new contract because his current one doesnt reflect his quality and he was promised that last year. He was one of our best players last season and, instead of being recognised for that, he seems to be behind Adam and Henderson apart from Gerrard and maybe Shelvey in a center position.

you forgot Danny Wilson and Maxi Rodriguez, also Coady from reserves might get some games..

Back
Top Bottom