Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Come on it's early days lets not be talking about
price tags was Anderson worth upto £30m.(it's not just £18m)

You paid £16.5m for Jones isn't there add-ons for that to go
to £20m?

Henderson is still young and has the ability plus technique
he will turn out to be a good player.
We live in a different world compared to 15 years ago the money
thrown about in transfers and wages is just ridiculous and
will continue to do so.

Any onto todays game great performance by all they did what
they needed to do and what we should be doing against teams
like boltn which is to put them to the sword early.

Come on it's early days lets not be talking about
price tags was Anderson worth upto £30m.(it's not just £18m)

You paid £16.5m for Jones isn't there add-ons for that to go
to £20m?

Henderson is still young and has the ability plus technique
he will turn out to be a good player.
We live in a different world compared to 15 years ago the money
thrown about in transfers and wages is just ridiculous and
will continue to do so.

Any onto todays game great performance by all they did what
they needed to do and what we should be doing against teams
like boltn which is to put them to the sword early.

it was 18 mill for anderson, where u get that 30 from i have no idea, yeah but when we buy these players, there younger than henderson is and have more room for improvement/more timeon there side. yeah a good player but 20 million for just a good player is disgusting, that kind of money should be spent on someone who has more potential than just a good player. i tried to drop this whole thing and talk about the game in general today but you brung it back up.

Suarez was pissed off and we were 3:0 up... probably becouse of referee mistake with Jaskelainen touching the ball - this should be penalty..

scaled.php

if this is not a sign of 100% mentality, than nothing is :D

he is simply blessed player and can´t wait to see another match with him.. he´s a winner with Liverbird on his chest :)

he will be a Liverpool legend.

It was 30m(£26m) euros that was paid for Anderson the exchange
rate at the time mean't it turned out to be £20m but anyway
it's all pointless figures...

Henderson is only 21 he has got lots of potential and time on he's
side. It will take a few more years til he develops into a great
player or not. There are very few players that can be top-quality
from a very young age.

Not trying to start an argument here, just simple discussion.

Suarez was pissed off and we were 3:0 up... probably becouse of referee mistake with Jaskelainen touching the ball - this should be penalty..

if this is not a sign of 100% mentality, than nothing is :D

he is simply blessed player and can´t wait to see another match with him.. he´s a winner with Liverbird on his chest :)

he will be a Liverpool legend.

He should have had a penalty aswell. Very clever by Knight to trip him up with his hand. Ref was quite poor imo, but Suarez will have to deal with not getting stuff he should as it's down to his own behaviour that he is less likely to get anything.

But he really has a winning mentality, exactly what you need. Besides Gerrard and Carra it's been quite lacking in recent years (Masch was another that would fight for it).

Extreneky pleased with the performance today. Apart from Suarez who is always our MOTM, I think Adam and Lucas were very good, same goes to the wingers.
It is amazing how well we play when a certain 35M striker is sitting on the bench.

so you see he is not Kenny´s boy after all, or is he? :D

yeah that 35m... I was also expecting him to score 3 goals a game after we buy him..just like 50m Torres is scoring right now for Chel...wait a minute!

What does Torres has to do with anything, mate ?

nothing, but you are the one who judge player ability from players price..

while i think we should wait for Carroll to adapt more and gain confidence to prove he is still the striker who banged for Newcastle for those 6 months in age 20-21, and who some talked about as best PL striker...

Oh, get over it already.

Torres don´t bother me the second he wanted out ;) of course the move was bad for us that moment, but i guess you would also think about a single player more after such move, let´s say if Rooney would go to City for example..or not?

Torres don´t bother me the second he wanted out ;) of course the move was bad for us that moment, but i guess you would also think about a single player more after such move, let´s say if Rooney would go to City for example..or not?
If I'd got a player like Suárez with the money for Rooney, I'd be laughing. Obviously you're still a bit obsessed with him, rather than focusing on the fact you're doing well without him you love having a dig at him whenever you can.

a dig? obsessed?

:) i just mentioned him to explain Liverbird, or.. fight with his own weapons of judging not well performing Carroll just looking on the price..as if it was players fault he was sold by former team for this or bought by LFC for this price..

Yeah we spended the money way to much we were in past or should or did in past..but it was explained by the owner himself why we did so, while Kenny obviously belives him, and so do many fans who just don´t rate someone becouse of few games in new team..

that´s why i mentioned Torres, becouse he´s also in a new team, he´s also a record signing and he is also under performing for a striker...

not to mention Carroll scored even more goals than him..

I realy don´t secretly wish Torres was here now, since he was not playing with passion for this club since his first major injury...while Carroll at least try to play.. Torres was just not interested anymore to play for this team, even under Kenny, so i´m realy glad we got 50 m. for him..

nothing, but you are the one who judge player ability from players price..

while i think we should wait for Carroll to adapt more and gain confidence to prove he is still the striker who banged for Newcastle for those 6 months in age 20-21, and who some talked about as best PL striker...
No I dont. I do, although, take into account contracts and transfer fees when I consider what I should expect from a player.

just to add sometihing, don´t think i´m obsessed with other clubs or that i try to analyse other teams, but sometimes it´s necessary to compare other teams, right in this case when some fans judge a player becouse of his price or they look first on his price he was bought or sold and then they look on other aspects, such as the wage, age, health, potential, overall worth in possible further sale, being a shirt selling - money making player etc etc..

i don´t usualy care about other teams before looking on how my team performs, actually i´m not that kind of LFC supporter who hates United or Everton more than he loves LFC.. i respect United couse they build to their success naturally.. even sometimes they did spend a lot themselfs, but that was money they were able to make in process with success with kids, home grown players...something wich is pretty rare in today´s football (in top level football) except maybe Barca..

but my point is, that it is Liverbird who has always dig on the price, either it´s Henderson or Carroll, not looking at this further aspects sorounding the players move from one club to another... even if some of them were and are answered by no other that the man who spended his money to bring this players here, our owner.

From Liverpool supporter view, you have to be positive, you have to see diference between Hodgson and Dalglish, difference between previous owners and current owners, this things are reflected by no other than the fans attending the matches home and away who support the club and especialy the players themselfs, for who this is a job, but in the same time they want to win...

if i compare previous season this time and this season, i´m very optimistic, i don´t expect us to storm the league becouse we beat Bolton today, but i expect us to do good if we continue playing as a team who FIGHT to win, who´s players consider LFC the bigest club in world the moment they wear the red shirt...

nothing else matters, nothing else out the field, if Suarez will be here next season etc etc... what matters is good football the atmospehre and 3 points.. each game i want to see this and not analyse why this and that...why we paid this and that...

money don´t grow on trees indeed, but i fully trust the people who spend it this time.

a dig? obsessed?

:) i just mentioned him to explain Liverbird, or.. fight with his own weapons of judging not well performing Carroll just looking on the price..as if it was players fault he was sold by former team for this or bought by LFC for this price..

Yeah we spended the money way to much we were in past or should or did in past..but it was explained by the owner himself why we did so, while Kenny obviously belives him, and so do many fans who just don´t rate someone becouse of few games in new team..

that´s why i mentioned Torres, becouse he´s also in a new team, he´s also a record signing and he is also under performing for a striker...

not to mention Carroll scored even more goals than him..

I realy don´t secretly wish Torres was here now, since he was not playing with passion for this club since his first major injury...while Carroll at least try to play.. Torres was just not interested anymore to play for this team, even under Kenny, so i´m realy glad we got 50 m. for him..
You make me wish that Torres starts scoring goals because Im tired of this obsession you have with him. You are all the time criticising him as if that would favour Carroll in some twisted way.
Chelsea paid 50M for a striker that had consistently scored a lot of goals in the PL, had showed incredible things in the past and had won things.
In terms of quality and, in this case not judging contracts or their desire, I would have Torres every minute over Carroll.

No I dont. I do, although, take into account contracts and transfer fees when I consider what I should expect from a player.

i know your point or try to understand your point of view..even if i wonder why you mention this when we won?

maybe the team performance was better becouse of Carroll not playing, but i think he did OK in match agains Exeter even with Suarez on pitch..

I realy don´t know what do you expect from him, just becouse of his price... maybe if our managment thought he is good to be paid that much, they will give him time? maybe they don´t expect him to score 3 goals each game..just becouse they payed that much for him... consider this: what if we bought Carroll becouse he is young, good build striker, who can be ours for years and who don´t expect to be payed big sallary as Aguero for example.. who can be usefull for certain games we need a tall towering CF to play.. wich was not today as Bolton CB are static and good, that´s why we played Kuyt with Suarez, couse they run a lot more than being true CF type of player (like Berbatov, Crouch for example..)

LFC bought young players Carroll or Henderson not for one or two seasons, but for long term, the same why we are about to sign Coates, why we gave contract to Spearing as well as Lucas... we need to have some young players who can grow on with the team..

Remember Lucas being criticised his first seasons here, and now he´s looking like Brazil top DM. Yes, he was not 35 mil. player, but again Carroll don´t have nothing to do with the price.. so either you trust the team and staff and owners, or you don´t...

if you don´t trust them, than....why do you support this club?

last time he was starting the game you said he is Kenny´s boy, now he was on bench you say you wonder we play better without him? so do you want to see him on bench or you want to sell him just becuse he didn´t perform his few games for us the way Torres did? isn´t it a bit bizzare?

Last edited:

Give me a hell yeah if u hate Liverpool's playing style w/ Andy Carroll ...

That's something Kenny would like to adjust, cause it's not working for him now. Have to find a way to keep him involve.

And about Torres, he was bad the last year or so he was here, now he's much2 sharper but just waiting for the right time to score.

Last edited:

i know your point or try to understand your point of view..even if i wonder why you mention this when we won?

maybe the team performance was better becouse of Carroll not playing, but i think he did OK in match agains Exeter even with Suarez on pitch..

I realy don´t know what do you expect from him, just becouse of his price... maybe if our managment thought he is good to be paid that much, they will give him time? maybe they don´t expect him to score 3 goals each game..just becouse they payed that much for him... consider this: what if we bought Carroll becouse he is young, good build striker, who can be ours for years and who don´t expect to be payed big sallary as Aguero for example.. who can be usefull for certain games we need a tall towering CF to play.. wich was not today as Bolton CB are static and good, that´s why we played Kuyt with Suarez, couse they run a lot more than being true CF type of player (like Berbatov, Crouch for example..)

LFC bought young players Carroll or Henderson not for one or two seasons, but for long term, the same why we are about to sign Coates, why we gave contract to Spearing as well as Lucas... we need to have some young players who can grow on with the team..

Remember Lucas being criticised his first seasons here, and now he´s looking like Brazil top DM. Yes, he was not 35 mil. player, but again Carroll don´t have nothing to do with the price.. so either you trust the team and staff and owners, or you don´t...

if you don´t trust them, than....why do you support this club?

last time he was starting the game you said he is Kenny´s boy, now he was on bench you say you wonder we play better without him? so do you want to see him on bench or you want to sell him just becuse he didn´t perform his few games for us the way Torres did? isn´t it a bit bizzare?
The club is over any individual dude. Did you stop being a fan when Hicks and Gillet were in charge ? Because I suppose you didnt trust them, same with Hodgson ...
I do trust our current owners. I dont know why people here want to make everything black or white. It seems that you are either a Dalglish ultra fanatic or you are an irrational that deserves to be question wether he is a truly fan or not.

That's something Kenny would like to adjust, cause it's not working for him now. Have to find a way to keep him involve.

And about Torres, he was bad the last year or so he was here, now he's much2 sharper but just waiting for the right time to score.

it´s about options.. Kuyt is better player overall for the team than Carroll right now so he playes..but Kuyt is 31, while Andy is 22...

Kuyt can give us a lot currently, but that don´t mean Carroll can´t develop.. just as Lucas developed to a top player for example.

Looking from the players perspective.. not the money as again, Carroll didn´t asked the club to buy him from Newcastle ...

The club is over any individual dude. Did you stop being a fan when Hicks and Gillet were in charge ? Because I suppose you didnt trust them, same with Hodgson ...
I do trust our current owners. I dont know why people here want to make everything black or white. It seems that you are either a Dalglish ultra fanatic or you are an irrational that deserves to be question wether he is a truly fan or not.

to be honest i´m not Dalglish fanatic, the only thing i admire on Dalglish appart from being the club legend is that he is kind of old school in terms of values and motivating players.. he told after Torres was gone we need to concentrate on players who want to fight for the team.. and he understand what the supporters want.. many underestimate him, but did he do anything wrong for this few games? we are top of the league currently.. but that´s irrelevant, we play better as team and what´s more important we are stronger on those areas we were weak for years.. (left side)

then we have options, and i mean quality options on bench, wich is very important + we are adding youth to the squad from our own reserves..

we actually look great with our youth.. with some very talented players who already got the chance under Dalglish ..like Sterling for example..

I support the manager, becouse i support the values and his work, ethic and most of all i don´t care about some price dealed with other team just becouse other top players perform better and were less expensive.. you don´t look on how much they earn, (Tevez, Aguero, Torres) and how much they wan´t to perform for the club.. (whole City squad is a bought squad, who don´t play for the team becouse they consider it a great team, but becouse of the money the team has.. while LFC and United has tradition and winning history)

I support the club, but i mostly support the people within the club, our new owners who look wise and our manager who didn´t made any mistake yet imho, this owners understand LFC history and values, and decieded to give youth and quality players from the league the chance...not overpay a player who will in two years want to leave for Real Madrid etc..

don´t know how you imagine football behind prices and performances..but it´s way different than my view.. you simply can´t work with players as material, they are people and the big price don´t mean they will win all games... or the league etc...

Last edited:

while we bought Carroll for this sume, we have in the same time promoted youngsters and get rid of high earning players who didn´t perform...

while Cole and Poulsen, Degen certainly on their way out..

then we bought Enrique who was bargain (very suspicious to be honest as he is quality) and Carroll sallary i bet is not as high as other players with his price, so the team won´t be affected by his price at all in the end..

why do you mention the price so much - always? what did his price did to LFC? did he made us weaker, or worse? is it his fault he was so expensive? should the fans on anfield "booo" him becouse his pricetag?

Would just like to add to this "Henderson isn't worth £20m" debate by saying that Liverpool paid £16m for him.

I think the biggest problem with Carroll playing is that he can't get around the pitch like Suarez does, therefore our options are limited up front. You watch Suarez he gets everywhere, you watch Carroll he's in the middle up front every time. So it's up to the management to find a way to accommodate this, rather than trying to play the same football as we do with Suarez in the team.

Was a great performance yesterday and I hope this is the start of us turning Anfield into a fortress again.

I think Carroll despite this can be very usefull for us in certain games away.. there is something blocking him, probably the fact he is not the main player in the team as he was in Newcastle, where he was realy great and i belive we need to find his Newcastle form in him again..

I don´t think the look of us being better is becouse of Suarez playing up front, i belive it is becouse of Dirk Kuyt playing with Suarez instead of Carroll, they speak the same language (dutch), they know each other better on field, and for me they are both very inteligent players naturally.. this way Kuyt also playes his natural position + he is moving a lot, also playing on wing.. the defence has hard times to defend against such player + Suarez is league of his own..

Carroll i think is the type of player ideal for breaking other type of defence and i think he will start scoring, he needs to play of course, but with Suarez in attack.. Kuyt on the other side won´t be substituted if he continues like this, especialy if we continue winning.

Carroll did not great against Arsenal, becouse there was Suarez on bench when he was on pitch, also he was off the pitch the moment Suarez came.. when they both played against Exeter, Carroll basicly was involved in Suarez goal, and also scored himself while Luis was on the pitch...

I belive in Carroll, not simply becouse it´s premature to drop him or stop beliving, but becouse i think him and Suarez are totaly different forwards who can play together at some point and click. Kuyt though is in top form, so we have to wait for it...

Back from holiday i watched Liverpool-Bolton.
Good win for Liverpool. Delighted that the club is getting back were it belongs: the top.
Fantastic match by Adam, very good passing and a goal. Also great that Henderson can score.

And what a fabulous Suarez pass preceding Hendersons goal...

Two more negative points.
If i was Dalglish i would have a litle talk with Suarez. In Holland he had a reputation of a diver and a moaner against the refs. He should refrain himself (although he had reasons to complain).

And then Andy Caroll, IMO he really is a donkey. A player unworthy to play for a big club like Liverpool. Yesterday he was clumsy in his ball handling, but this could be because he needs match rythm. What is worse is that he does not seems a clue of positional play. I remember a pass from the left side where he should have scored, but he wasn't even remotely on the right place...

To end on a positive note: i saw some very good individual performances: Downing (who is positional outstanding, Adam, Liverpool's unsung hero Kuyt, Henderson, and Lucas.

This is good for football...

Agree with Gerd, really enjoying this new and structured Liverpool team. A lot of balance and some very smart transfers (maybe not so much Aquilani). I hope you guys take down City in any way possible.

Agree with Gerd, really enjoying this new and structured Liverpool team. A lot of balance and some very smart transfers (maybe not so much Aquilani). I hope you guys take down City in any way possible.
Yes, apart from Aquilani, we made smart transfers and bought players we needed, although we overpaid them.
Im still worried about what could happen if Suarez gets injured. We base all our game in him.

Back
Top Bottom