Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

0LQGBSVH--473x264.jpg

that kit looks old not fromt this season, anyway arivederci Aqua..

Aquilani

"we look tomorrow and then we speak in an official manner. I'm very happy to be here, in the best clubs in the world, i think i consider me a lucky guy. The hope is to stay as long as possible but you never know, let's see what happens next year, obviously i will give my best. Start winning would be very important, does not imply whether or champions league. I have played in all areas of the midfield diamond so i have no problem, then it is a choice of where to situate mister. "

He didn't rule out a move back. Have some faith Liverbird. :P

Aquilani

He didn't rule out a move back. Have some faith Liverbird. :P
Hahaha, actually I wanted him to find a club that appreciate a player of his qualities. Since that day when we spent 35M in Carroll and we were close to bring Adam, I knew the kind of football Kenny was trying to implement here, and Aquilani doesnt belong to that football.
Anyway, Im glad for him. Plus, now when people tell me who the fuck is Aquilani. I can not only reply that he is a player that has played in the most succesful club in England and the two most succesful in Italy, but also a player that won something, because this year Milan has no rival in the Serie A.

No one has ever accused Carroll of lacking power in that left peg. It's a f*cking hammer.

It really is. But I'm close to thinking he will never be a 35m player. He's just not good enough to justify that price tag.

It really is. But I'm close to thinking he will never be a 35m player. He's just not good enough to justify that price tag.

I agree Kev but that value is just down to the crazy world we live in. Tbh blame chelsea for flashing 50 million for Torres, then Mike Ashley for asking for £35 million knowing we had plenty of cash on the hip. The club were in a corner & if they didnt bring in a replacement there would have been hell to pay. Thats my thoughts anyway​

While he might not justify 35M Suarez might justify that kind of price tag if not more! Slightly worried at how good he looks at the minute. has the potential to be Ronaldo like talisman for you lot in terms of individual play + goal scoring, that's 3 in 3 hopefully he does slow down at some point

Suárez gives them that bit of top-4 quality. Whether they've got enough of that elsewhere on the pitch remains to be seen.

I agree Kev but that value is just down to the crazy world we live in. Tbh blame chelsea for flashing 50 million for Torres, then Mike Ashley for asking for £35 million knowing we had plenty of cash on the hip. The club were in a corner & if they didnt bring in a replacement there would have been hell to pay. Thats my thoughts anyway​
Im tired of hearing that pathetic excuse over and over.
What did Milan when they sold Kaka ? Did they go and find an overpriced replacement in that market ? No, they waited one year and then they invested heavily bringing Ibra, Robinho, Cassano, Boateng, Van Bommel, etc.
Look at Ferguson with Ronaldo, he only invested 20M of those 96M in that market.
That is what a responsible manager does. We, on the other hand, had been being ripped off in every business we had made these last years. The only transfer were we made a good business was with Xabi Alonso and thanks to Rafa.
When Purlsow left and we implemented these new structure I thought the days of being the laughing-stock of Europe in terms to transfers were over. But I was incredibly wrong. Apart from Suarez, we overpaid every single player we bought and the only player we sold, we did it for peanuts.

Enrique was a bargain
Suarez seems a bargin - valued more now
henderson - costly
Carroll - oops
Adam - fair price
Coates (if) - good price

if you think of what kind of player we have got with Enrique from Newcastle for such a small price, that helps soften the blow with 35m for Andy Carroll.

He's a donkey but donkeys are renowned for having a powerful kick when they need to.

He can stay a donkey if he scores more goals like that...

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

OK I admit that they were facing a League 1 side so he possibly won't see as much daylight as he did when he scored that cracker in the Premiership.

Last edited:

Enrique was a bargain
henderson - costly
Carroll - oops
Adam - fair price
Coates (if) - good price

if you think of what kind of player we have got with Enrique from Newcastle for such a small price, that helps soften the blow with 35m for Andy Carroll.
Yes, I forgot Enrique, he looks as a bargain too. However, his deal has nothing to do with Andy Carroll, they were bought in different markets.
About Coates and Suarez I highly doubt that those two are Kenny's transfers. Suarez was being tracked long before Kenny's arrival (he even admit that in an interview) and Coates sign has Commolli's signature all over it.

it is hard to tell who is in fact behind what transfers and i do agree we do seem to get ripped off allot, we have in the past when we buy high and sell low - the same players

look at Aquilani, if he goes for 5m then that is not good but again we don't know the facts to why he would be sold for so little. again you could argue the fact, why did we pay 20m for him - was he worth it..

Carroll is never going to be worth 35m at best i would say 20m however think about recent purchases i have mentioned including downing and consider the strength it has added to the squad

i would say that it is not bad business considering the strength in depth all of the signing has given us

we always had a decent ish 11, we just lacked quality throughout. i would always look at our bench and struggle to see a game changer, a winner

now it is different, we still need to add and get rid but we are night and day difference from last season in my opinion

still need a couple more stars (top quality) and we are not far off champions

Last edited:

Enrique was a bargain
henderson - costly (yep)
Carroll - oops (odd circumstances)
Adam - fair price
Coates (if) - good price
Downing - market price

Tbh, out of that list it's Carroll and Henderson who look overpriced. The rest are either good value or normal value. Carroll is too much in the same way Torres for 50mil was too much. I think the club was pretty clear on their situation and thinking, Carroll + 15mil. for Torres seems reasonable to me (giving Carroll the benefit of the doubt as it's still early in his career). Henderson....seems like a very solid player now, and potentially a very good player.

Either way, the only time we will know whether they were good/bad signings is when/if they get sold and for how much. Don't know about Coates, but it looks like 4 out of the 7 will be good signings (Enrique,Suarez,Adam,Downing). So that's a good return anyway imo.

why are you discousing players prices? we buy without need to sell..

Enrique was a bargain
henderson - costly
Carroll - oops
Adam - fair price
Coates (if) - good price

he didn´t kick the ball for us yet ;)

could be great price, amazing price, bad price, awfull price...

i would judge the rest of players after a whole season tbh..

:D no certainly not.. but it´s funny to label a player waste of money before a full season in full fitness etc..it´s just premature..

but think as you like mate, everyone has an option.. we don´t need to agree..

Im not calling Carroll a waste of money. Im just saying, as I said since the day the transfer was confirmed, it was an irresponsible use of money. You just dont pay 35M and break your transfer record for a 6 month player.

Back
Top Bottom