Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

oKkXT.jpg

tumblr_lq8cu5hryU1qchl8do1_500.gif

i hope it was not aimed on our bench..

Dalglish wife tweet :D
tumblr_lq8fre0eTs1qzwiyuo1_400.png

Henderson need to grow up , he have fear every time he had the ball he try to take off it speed , im surpriset how kenny dont get him off in place of kuyt

Carroll ? OMG hes doing my bloody all water i just cant see him anymore !

btw i think should be also good sub Adam - Aquilani , I really dont get why Kenny dont like him , i think hes trying to "prove" he dont FAIL with transfers ;)

at the last we won and thats good , when Suarez and Meireles com in game was other Liverpool , I hate playing with that long balls for Carroll , to me this dont seems to be Liverpool!
Yes. Either that or he is trying to prove that if Liverpool isnt your first option, then you are a pathetic player that dont even deserve to go to the bench.

Imagine if Rooney had done that. It'd be on Sky News by now.

Great result. Wasn't at all impressed with Liverpool for 70 minutes. Once Frimpong was off and Suarez came on, different story - harks back to the 2008/09 season when Liverpool played against 10 men 12 times in one season. Maybe going back to that model? ;)

It's only a matter of time until 4 biggest teams have at least one £25m+ striker on the bench. Insanity. This sport disgusts me sometimes. (Berbatov/ Drogba/ Dzeko/ Carroll).

Pool should be better with the money they've spent against what was essentially Arsenal reserves.

Liverpool were too limited to the sides trying to cross to Carroll but Vermaelen was dominant. No creativity in midfield. Arsenal therefore had some spaces in midfield. Suarez gives the team another dimension though.

About Aquilani guess it is a given he is leaving now. Wanted by Juve and Milan. He prefers Juve but doesn't fit in their formation, blah blah blah... Milan waiting till the last day to get the lowest fee. Bound to happen.

Its crazy that Merieles and Aquilani aren't playing, two very good midfielders that should at least start ahead of Henderson and maybe one of Lucas/Adam for the other.

Meireles apparently hasn't had a proper pre-season and they are still getting him fit. Otherwise I would hope he would get the nod ahead of Henderson.

Its crazy that Merieles and Aquilani aren't playing, two very good midfielders that should at least start ahead of Henderson and maybe one of Lucas/Adam for the other.
It is something absolutely unbelievable. I got the feeling that after 120M €, we are still going to be a team that depends on one player that is Suarez.

if we don´t win this than nothing...

oh and we should definetly invest in a new CF and proper winger...one winger is not enough (Downing)...

it´s good we can play players like Suarez and Meireles from bench, but this two should start anytime they are fit..

you take this to much serious, what if it was tactics? everyone knew Suarez will come off the bench in right time.. Carroll did not that bad considering every arsenal defender was jumping on him all the match.. i admit he is not that technical type of player but lot of depends on delivery he get´s, he is not the Torres type that does everything alone.. i think he did enough to weak the arsenal defence and then at right time was substituted for Suarez who finished it.. I expect improvement but i would not say it´s bad, untill the team won... moving on to the next game..

Fellas please!Only Pipa and Dags have the right to an opinion on Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish.If we do,we "apparently"know better and should be managing Liverpool.

It is something absolutely unbelievable. I got the feeling that after 120M €, we are still going to be a team that depends on one player that is Suarez.

How henderson and adam gets starts over suarez and meireles is troubling itself.meireles was one of our players of last season.even maxi who was hitting some form towards the end of last season is being overlooked.how does henderson justify a start????aqualani is still our player.he's twice the player henderson is.carroll was abosultely pants again.we got away with a result.if it wasnt a red and we drew the game,would have been interesting to see peoples opinions.rafa was always slated if he didnt start with his strongest lineup or subbed torres.with the king,its all just tactics.my opinion,dont like it,ignore it.

Suarez is being rested due to his Copa America exertions...

Kenny explained that he was low on energy after the first half
against Sunderland.
And that is why he was on the bench today....and it was a smart
move bringing him on against a tiring and stretched Arsenal defence
after the red card.

Meireles is just coming back from injury......

Yes....of all the signings...it is Henderson that is the most
puzzling.....given his price....but he's only 20....so he will
get better....and surely he will not start every game once
Meireles and Suarez are fully match fit ..

The positive thing is that our squad is much better than last
season...and that can only mean a better chance of top 4.

I think as we play more games...the new boys will get better
and the team will improve a lot more....

Dont forget...that Gerrard is still to come back....

I think we have a decent chance of top 4....given that we
do not have any distractions of Europa League.
Spurs and City will be stretched in Europe...
Arsenal will take a while to recover....

It will be tough...but hopefully it will happen....and
then next season we can really take off.

FFS we get 3 points away from home and still the bitching goes on. When the Last one leaves the thread please turn the lights out.

Last edited:

FFS we get 3 points away from home and still the bitching goes on. When the Last one leaves the thread please turn the lights out.

Haha right, i wonder this myself.. but i just ignore it :)

But i still have faith in this thread with guys like you and mathewsss or Tik..

Suarez is being rested due to his Copa America exertions...

Kenny explained that he was low on energy after the first half
against Sunderland.
And that is why he was on the bench today....and it was a smart
move bringing him on against a tiring and stretched Arsenal defence
after the red card.

Meireles is just coming back from injury......

Yes....of all the signings...it is Henderson that is the most
puzzling.....given his price....but he's only 20....so he will
get better....and surely he will not start every game once
Meireles and Suarez are fully match fit ..

The positive thing is that our squad is much better than last
season...and that can only mean a better chance of top 4.

I think as we play more games...the new boys will get better
and the team will improve a lot more....

Dont forget...that Gerrard is still to come back....

I think we have a decent chance of top 4....given that we
do not have any distractions of Europa League.
Spurs and City will be stretched in Europe...
Arsenal will take a while to recover....

It will be tough...but hopefully it will happen....and
then next season we can really take off.

@Meireles - I think he didn´t play in any of the pre season matches due to the injury..

@and Skrtel... (who last season didn´t miss a single match btw.)
also Johnson injured atm, but Kelly is imo much better at RB for us, just my opinion..

@about the top4, it will be though, but if we manage to get 3 points next game, we have more than previous season already :)

game after game..

LOL I have to agree at this time, Suarez's like the candle in the dark ! But the others are gelling after every game so not too overly worried. Henderson is abit lacking of fitness (hand in hips almost at the end of 1st half).

I think Lucas & Adam pairing is being tested for at least 3-5 games and if that didn't work / injury then bring in the others. I love options !

It's easy to forget that midfield pairings know how each other plays are crucial so we have to give it time to grow, so changing every game wouldn't benefit anyone.

Last edited:

And English too which will be important later on ! Nice read @Tomkins.

It will be a matter of days until Aquilani becomes a Milan player. Reported fee of around 8-9m. Berlusconi admitted it today during the Trofeo Berlusconi friendly.

Last edited:

The difference with Lucas, as we already discussed it before, is that he wasnt bough for 16-20M.

so what? If our owners want to spend money and invest should it bother us how much they spended? he is 21.. and could be ours for next 10 years.. there is something like plan behind everything we do now...

I personaly don´t care how much we spend if we get players who we target and that´s what we get this summer, except of Phil Jones, we bought our targets and those who we were after before transfer window start..

I refuse to even think of criticising players who just came to the club and play their first few matches here..

Torres was 50 milion, and yet he don´t score...price means NOTHING, if the player can´t fit in.. with Henderson who is 21, there is a possibility he will fit in and our team don´t rely on him only... he´s just a quality option with chance to be great for us..

Also for once think of something else by judging a player than just his price tag...It´s not the players fault the club values him like this and i´s not Kenny who spends the money, there is other who discous transfer targets with him... Read again NESV strategy so you understand why we bought Henderson..

(why Chelsea bough Lukaku, why United bough Jones...)

I think Henderson needs to settle with us and he will be great player for us.. due to his age it´s natural he is nervous in new club and with guys like you who in reality make pressure to perform, just becouse he was expensive..

Kyrgiakos off to Wolfsburg, great buy by Rafa imho.. 1.5 mil. did his job..

now i´m certain we buy a new CB.. Dann, Cahill or Shawcross.. i can´t think of other options..

or we will give chance to Wilson?...

Sebastian Coates is apparently prime target for our new CB.. (NESV like move)
with Bellamy comming back as well...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ates-after-Sotirios-Kyrgiakoss-departure.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/23/liverpool-craig-bellamy-shock-return

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
But I'll finish by mentioning #LFC bid for Uruguay defender Sebastian Coates and tentative interest in ... Craig Bellamy

@rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

Questions, questions: no transfer ever definite but Coates signs good. Heard Bellamy few times this summer: file under maybe for now. #LFC

Last edited:

I'd be glad if Liverpool brings back Bellamy, he'd be at least better than Ngog. As for Coates I think he's young and very talented but I for one would go for a more experienced player cos' we need to add depth to our squad and I have doubts over the young lad's qualities as defense is a very critical area.

Back
Top Bottom