Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

I think we will sign a striker in last minutes of the window, i read rumours about Zarate from Lazio, but this would be to good..

i expect things to happend as always on last minutes of the window for many teams..

i personaly expect Poulsen, Cole and Ngog to be sold, Wilson to be loaned and a new CF or maybe also a winger signed...

but i´m happy with out squad and as you say..important is to keep this players fit and we might have a chance for 4 place run :)

edit: and of course Coates signed as well and made official, i´m very excited about this transfer tbh.

Last edited:

With the current Arsenal form and the how their squad looks now that their best two players left, unless Suarez has an injured plagued season, I dont see how we can not return to CL.

yeah but i would not predict this atm.. the league will be though again this season.. even if City and United look miles ahead of others after the first games..

You'll easily get into the CL, and might even challenge for top spot with City imo. The reason? At most your squad needs to deal with 45 matches (assuming a full FA Cup run).

United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc all will be closer to 60. And that will tell, especially towards the end of the season.

In much the same way as you were able to win the CL by focussing only on that, you have a massive advantage in only having the league to worry about.

What will be more instructive, for me, will be how Kenny does with his expensive squad when in Europe. Then it will be fair to compare. Because make no mistake - Liverpool are the third highest spenders in the league in the last 5 years even before Coates/ Zarate arrivals.

You'll easily get into the CL, and might even challenge for top spot with City imo. The reason? At most your squad needs to deal with 45 matches (assuming a full FA Cup run).

United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc all will be closer to 60. And that will tell, especially towards the end of the season.

In much the same way as you were able to win the CL by focussing only on that, you have a massive advantage in only having the league to worry about.

What will be more instructive, for me, will be how Kenny does with his expensive squad when in Europe. Then it will be fair to compare. Because make no mistake - Liverpool are the third highest spenders in the league in the last 5 years even before Coates/ Zarate arrivals.

do you mean net spend? becouse as far as i know, it was 13 m. pounds a year with Benitez..

Im about to buy this from the official site for 20 pounds.
Does anyone know how the sizes are managed. Im Eur XXL, US XXL, Mex 44. But according to the page 44 would be XL. If someone knows the difference, would be excellent.

looks good, but i warn you..sometimes the material is very very thin.. not sure about the sizes

Thanks.
Yeah, I dont know what im going to do because Im not sure which size I am and, although to buy something similar here in Argentina would cost much more than 28 pounds, it is still a considerable sum to buy the wrong size.

also i´m not sure but i think the 20% off sale was just this weekend :/

Zarate has very bad attitude. That's why I'm personally not a fan despite obvious talent.

For me, he's a troublemaker.

Zarate has very bad attitude. That's why I'm personally not a fan despite obvious talent.

For me, he's a troublemaker.

Completely agree. To buy him would be mistake...unless Dalglish or his staff are man management wizards.

Poulsen, Cole, Degen and Ngog - all will be sold or loaned in Cole case..

for Ngog - Bolton and Blackbrun migh have a biding war, wich is unbeliveable imho, if we manage to get 4 m. for him, i will be happy.

Good start for lfc, similar to ourselves, new signings playing well getting goals...

know im preaching to the converted but suarez is the bollocks, in the past (okay on evo) was doubtful about his pace but kenny got him looking sharp!

but what im here for is, im thinking...

An lfc, city, utd title push, what a season, especially for us mancs and scousers...

from what ive seen lfc look good, but has king kenny (grrrr) got the kopites ready for a record 20th league title??

for Ngog - Bolton and Blackbrun migh have a biding war, wich is unbeliveable imho, if we manage to get 4 m. for him, i will be happy.

Why is that unbelievable. He's a decent forward.

Vann, Man City will win your 20th title (and that "your" goes for both Liverpool and United).

Luis Suarez
I want to welcome Coates, partner in the uruguayan team, friend and great player who just signed for Liverpool! WELCOME!

i get this from your link PIPA

LFC did joke for 1 aprill ?? :P

2c654eaa043f052f1867dc9ea5fb14744399776c_m.jpg

Surely Lille can do better than Joe Cole for god's sake...

Vann, i wouldn't mind man City winning the title because so many people seem to hate them...that's enough for me to like them...and besides that: Kompany...Belgium...
Lastly: Silva, Aguero, Touré, Dzeko, Nasri: plenty of magnificent players. But to be perfectly honest i also admire what Ferguson does with United, building great teams generation after generation...and that from somebody who really does not like Ferguson (got nothing against Man Utd however, but you guys never believe that). And all this in a Liverpool thread...

people don´t hate city...but building for succes and buying succes is two different things.. money could buy you anything, but i still belive it can´t.. maybe i´m naive but you can´t buy history..

United have it, LFC have it, other big teams have it.. but the new kind of teams are just discousting in this way... the kids don´t mind i´m sure, but the people in england will not accept this for long...there football is mainly tradition and family.. not an oportunity for rich abroad visitors to spend their money..

People don't like the model City and Chelsea are using. The 'buy everyone before anyone else gets them' model. Look at the players they have, they've got multiple good/potentially great players at most positions, so much so that some good signings are just on the bench a lot of the time.

Wow, what a great news day. Coates signs, Cole (hopefully) off to Lille and Poulson (hopefully) off to Naive! And a couple of clubs rumoured to want Ngog for hopefully a bidding war of 4mil +.

Chelsea and City are two traditional clubs, not as big as Liverpool and Man Utd, but they are big clubs. I know there is a difference, but there are similarities with what Henry is doing with Liverpool...If Abramovich or the Sheiks would have invested in your favourite team (and i'm not targeting anyone specific), you would be over the moon...so the adversity towards Chelsea and City is a litle bit hyprocritical (not correct English i think).

I have more problems with Anji and Grozny in Russia...their owners are criminals. I've always loved Eto'o, but i do not agree with what he's done now (and frankly, i don't have any problems with his absurd high wages...that is not the problem).

Most people don't realize that Chelsea and City actually had fans before these billionaires bought them. They have history, just not a successful one. I don't accept this but it is the only way they can have a chance at winning things and yeah it is not like Liverpool and United don't have foreigners spending millions on new signing.

Back
Top Bottom