Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

many changes, but same old disappearance of confidence after conceding a goal. Enjoyable game before Sunderland goal, borefest after.

what a disapointet match , hope u dont start now saying "this is just 1st match of season":COAT:

Right, with four new players in the team, one of which only joined two days ago. It IS just the first match and the new players need to learn the system.

This generation of fans are a joke, want everything NOW and no patience at all.

I'm feeling this gonna be another bad season.

Bloody hell :BRICK:

Fucking awful second half. If Adam is going to be the playmaker of the team and the one to make it tick, I seriously doubt anything higher than 6th.

Your midfield really lacks inspiration, You started with

Henderson-Adam-Lucas-Downing

I can see it ending up (unless said players are sold)

Gerrard-Merieles-Aquilani-Downing

Your midfield really lacks inspiration, You started with

Henderson-Adam-Lucas-Downing

I can see it ending up (unless said players are sold)

Gerrard-Merieles-Aquilani-Downing

Really? We created plenty of chances in the first half with three players new to the squad in that midfield, new to our style of play and knowing how everybodys game works.

The midfield wasn't a problem whatsoever, we could've been 3 or 4 goals up by 45 mins.

Really good first half, poor second half. Was expecting it tbh, because once a bit of tiredness sets in there isn't a natural understanding between them, leading to a lot of misplaced passes.

Also far too much long ball going on aswell... :( Flannagan showed his age, having a very poor 2nd half.

Downing looked good, Enrique very composed and a very good cross in the 2nd half. Henderson looks usefull but didn't add a huge amount imo. Adam a mix of great and poor. Some really good passes and ofcourse a great freekick for the assist, but also some misplaced simple passes that should really find their target. I think with Johnson and Gerrard back the 1st team will be really strong and have a great balance to it's attack (not so sure about the defense). Today the right was really lacking, and once the left got tired (which it did) there wasn't much going on.

My team would be;

Johnson---Carra--Agger---Enrique
----------Lucas---Adam----------
Suarez------Gerrard------Downing
----------Carrol----------------

Last edited:

Aquilani not even on the bench. Somewhere in Argentina, there's a person having a mental breakdown.
Would have been a totally diferente second half with him in the team.
But hey anyway, why would we need him ? We have Sunderland and Blackpool players of the season !!!!!

It's always hard with that many new players who aren't used to each other. Judge pool at xmas, not before.

Tell you what though, Suarez is going to be the new Ronaldo - dive and roll, calling for cards, being a generally horrible little git...

Really? We created plenty of chances in the first half with three players new to the squad in that midfield, new to our style of play and knowing how everybodys game works.

The midfield wasn't a problem whatsoever, we could've been 3 or 4 goals up by 45 mins.

I thought Suarez created a few opportunities and Downing had that 1 moment but other than that your midfield didn't really control the game against a pretty poor Sunderland. Gerrard and Aquilani are in the squad so I don't think its that big a deal.

Must've watched a different game to me then, thought Adam ran the midfield in the first half.

It's always hard with that many new players who aren't used to each other. Judge pool at xmas, not before.

Tell you what though, Suarez is going to be the new Ronaldo - dive and roll, calling for cards, being a generally horrible little git...

If he gets the same (winning) results I'll be happy. As much as I hate seeing it, especially in opposition players, you need a couple of players that will do anything to win a match and won't accept anything less then a win. Utd have always had a few of them (although by different means), Chelsea have them aswell. Liverpool have lacked them for years, and Arsenal don't seem to have any anymore.

Must've watched a different game to me then, thought Adam ran the midfield in the first half.

exactly..

on other note, not sure what to make out of this pic:
cc4b3cf6e82743b09cdb7f7.jpg

yeah, but such player won you the league ;) I don´t remember having such player playing for us and it´s only great to see something fresh, he is one of top world players imo.

Last edited:

Flannagan was horrible, I can't see him filling Johnson's boots in the future sorry ... Adam is well good at times if it wasn't for his corner/free kicks he wouldn't even be at Liverpool (his CKs are worth 10million pound :P)
Joking aside, I think we desperately need another CB and another CF(as finally I think we'll find out the whole truth about Andy Carroll's £35m price-tag, I'll be happy if he proves me and many others wrong.)
CB - I want either Scott Dann , Gary Cahill or Ryan Shawcross (Cahill being my favorite).
CF - Selling Ngog would give us extra money which we could cash in to buy a quality striker(who would be a cover for Andy Carroll) not an expensive one somewhere around £7-10m.

Last edited:

i think we should not be so critical about this..we were not the same in second half than first one, the players seem to not be fully ready but i take the positives..wich are fully new team and already playing pretty good, especialy first half was amanzing.. then Enrique was realy perfect, Carroll was better than last season..the goal should imho be allowed...

Suarez should stick to being forward, rather than winger..

Flanagan lost concentration after the Sunderland goal..

Henderson was very good, Adam the same.. Downing is pretty impressive player, always going forward, almost scored goal of the season today..

we should have finished the game in first half...it could have been 3:0, but unfortunatelly we allowed Sunderland to go back in game..

i think it´s very much improvement from what i´m used.. Premier league will be again though this season..

Who is it supposed to be Pipa?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...can-expect-by-Joe-Krishnan-article780694.html

I don´t have a clue if he´s good enough.. ;) He is very young...

Yes Flanagan didn't impress but he's still young and too early to say a bust, he did well last season so one game != will suck the whole season.

@Carrol again seems that KD doesn't know how to bring the best of him. I guess Liverpool's playing style doesn't suit him, we need to put in more crosses. Credit for sunderland for good pressuring at the second so no plays developing.

Pipa i dont know where u watch match ,
im sorry but in MY TV he dont touch ball 2 times and dont did NOTHING !

YET he got standing ovation from Anfield fans.. seems they don´t expect to much from our players as you..

especialy if it´s their debut..

Pipa i dont know where u watch match ,
im sorry but in MY TV he dont touch ball 2 times and dont did NOTHING !

i was thinking the same. not if Pipa watches the same game but that Henderson was very average at best.

guys you have pretty high expectations from a team in middle of rebuilding time.. Henderson is a great player for the future.. he was meant to start against his former club today..

If Henderson did play very good for you Pipa today, I dont know which adjectives you employed for Suarez against Manchester Utd or you are going to use when Henderson has a good match, because today he showed nothing.

ok he was good only, but what you guys want? PS football all the time, Carroll scoring every match 2 goals? look at other teams for how hard the premier league is...look at Gervinho debut... stop living in ideal world.. today we could have easy win it..and if you don´t see improvement than it´s hard to argue... i saw a lot of improvement, the first half was simply great..if Carroll goal was allowed, (still not realy sure why it wasn´t) we could easy took this game for us.. It was about luck...we created more chances, we had more possesion, more corners, Adam btw had most touches together with Enrique today...it just didn´t worked out.. Downing easy could score that and the missed penalty is something you don´t expect from Suarez...who was very tired in second half... (should rested today imo)

I maybe am not so critical as you, but i won´t certainly not say he show nothing, becouse it was decent DEBUT.

Yeah wasn't too happy with Henderson's performance today, he's supposed to be CM right? He's in the wing today.

he won´t start against Arsenal imo, certainly not on wing ;)

I didn't even realise Henderson was playing until he was subbed off.

Back
Top Bottom