Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

i don´t think we buy Cahill tbh..

and what surprises me he´s spanish... :D there goes the british spine as well.. shows we are after quality not british quality only..
Our first target was Baines though.

What a bargain! Could become one of the (less obvious) transfers of the year.

Aquilani has now been given the number 15 shirt.

we realy have a great squad now... still some guys need to go permanently or on loan.. one new CB would make it a great transfer window for us :)

Didn't notice if it was posted but:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...liverpool-move-not-motivated-by-money?cc=5901

And this at the end of it, someone mentioned the Aqui bit before:
Midfielder Alberto Aquilani, who has been linked with a move numerous times, has been given the squad number 15 but left-back Emiliano Insua's future appears to have been decided by Enrique's arrival as he has not been given one.

Last edited:

Aurelio injured again ... i think Insua will go, but also other.. we can´t have such big squad and i heard Robinson got squad number 13 as well... that means some other players will be loaned or sold...

dalejohnsonESPN Dale Johnson
I can confirm that Liverpool have offered £12m, plus David Ngog, for Bolton's Gary Cahill. Never interested in Dann. #lfc #bwfc

Cahill is out of contract next season - maybe the price for him will be even less... Apparantly Arsenal are also interested, but Bolton need a striker (Ngog) and we could loan them Wilson..

we will see how it works out :)

Last edited:

LFC's player of the year - Lucas Leiva.
Sunderland's young Player Of the Year - Jordan Henderson
Newcastle United's player of the Year - Jose Enrique
Aston Villa's Player Of the Year - Stewart Downing
Blackpool's Captain - Charlie Adam
Juventus Player Of The Year - Alberto Aquilani
Copa America's best player - Luis Suarez

Aurelio injured again ... i think Insua will go, but also other.. we can´t have such big squad and i heard Robinson got squad number 13 as well... that means some other players will be loaned or sold...

Is Aurelio definitely injured? Because i walked past him yesterday as he was on his way into the hospital in Liverpool he was walking and not limping so that was a good sign i thought, was hoping he was just visiting someone, should have known better with him though :LOL:

Cahill would be a good signing, probably your best easily for 12M at that.

Only one player from our midfield and forward line was at the club this time last year. Shows the changes we've made.

Aquilani not even on the bench. Somewhere in Argentina, there's a person having a mental breakdown.

But otherwise I'm very pleased with that team. Very attacking, lots of flexibility for tactics, lots of movement, lots of creativity and goal threats.

Congratulations! Great player, one of the best left-backs in EPL and for very cheap! This will be a great transfer for you guys and also leave Newcastle one step closer to relegation lol

omg DOWNING that should have been a goal !!! fantastic buy

looking good for liverpool,with gerrard to come in at RM instead of henderson they should have no problems getting top 4 this season

we still need a CB.. Carra won´t make it whole season and to rely on Agger might be tricky ;) Skrtel also injured right now.. but he should play when fit..

btw Gary Cahill scored goal of the season so far against QPR...

2nd half was back to the old usual shit.

worst game i have seen flannagan play

not happy

looking good for liverpool,with gerrard to come in at RM instead of henderson they should have no problems getting top 4 this season

They might challenge for 4th but "having no problems" getting it isn't going to happen, Arsenal even without Nasri Fabregas are probably a better side and Tottenham are on the same level maybe higher if the keep Modric.

omg DOWNING that should have been a goal !!! fantastic buy

yeah fantastic , also Carroll , also Henderson amazing buy THEY SUCK special that Carroll

Adam did one good match tho , we need a new forward sure

what a disapointet match , hope u dont start now saying "this is just 1st match of season":COAT:

Cracking first half and an awful, awful second half. Flanagan completely torn apart today, he'll learn a lot from today. Promising signs shown by the team though, just need to sort out what happened in the second half with no movement or drive whatsoever.

Impressed with Downing and Adam too, Henderson will be a very good player and Luis Enrique showed lots of composure at times.

All in all, some really good promise but still problems there to be fixed.

Most people here I see is very optimistic... Well I'm not. Let's look at statistics:
We haven't won first match in seasons 09/10 ; 10/11 and we know how these seasons ended...
In 08/09 we won first match and we also know how this season ended. I know that's only statistics and I was very optimistic about Kenny's team, but I'm very unhappy with todays result and I'm feeling this gonna be another bad season.

Back
Top Bottom