Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Adam and Aquilani cant play together.

ttxjE.gif

let´s hope i can say, "we will see"

Yeah I don't think the team will be at its best with BOTH of them together. A team doesn't need 2 playmakers. It's like 2 cooks in a kitchen.

BUT it's great to have both in the squad as options and play them in different matches according to opponent, injuries, suspensions, etc.

I like them both and I don't like how some people make fun of Adam and say things like FK Adam lol. Clearly shows they didn't watch enough Blackpool last year. The guy is at this point a very accomplished player with a lot to offer! Great range of passing, good shooting, very good stamina and fitness (look at the number of games/minutes he played yesterday), very tactically disciplined, strongly built, great balance and yes he delivers great setpieces as well and he's not that slow for a guy with his built. Covers grounds just fine... and a lethal left-foot which is invaluable!

Last year I became a fan of him and most importantly the consistency he showed! It's not easy to be a lethal weapon and run the show in middle of park almost EVERY game especially against far better opponents/teams which is what he faced at Blackpool.

Of course I'm an even bigger fan of Aquilani so I hope he stays and shows EPL and some Liverpool fans who still don't quite know his quality to the fullest extent just how great he is! In my heart though, I know that he's much more suited to being back in Italy and playing in Serie A. For me, he's just very much Italian and in the sense that 'adaptation' was never the easiest thing for him. Be it culturally or making new friends, or the language, he's done well enough but I think he'd prefer to be back in Italy and I can't blame him for that.

exactly.. we need squad depth..this season not so very much since we play just in one competition..but if we were in europe, where i hope we will be back again after this season...our squad needs options.. and Adam with Aquilani is for us like Young, Nani, Valencia and Obertan for United...all are wingers..all are national players.. all are not waste of space for such big team.. well maybe Obertan goes..but still 3 top wingers are the same as ours midfield options..who some might consider to much..

with gerrard injury it´s just enough and necessary..

EmilianoInsua Emiliano Insua
good afternoon everyone, some days without tweet, i want to say that i will not tweet until my future is decided...

EmilianoInsua Emiliano Insua
its a moment to be with the head up and relax. Keep training hard and wait until someone speak with me to know the situation. thanks to all.

i think we won´t keep him to be honest.. i think with Robinson we have no need to keep him, as we need better option on LB and he is not the starter..Robinson is great at very young age and also Flanagan show he can play there... with new LB in.. we will see..

NickParrottBBC Nick Parrott
Liverpool have rejected Udinese's £11 million bid for Raul Meireles. The club was given till Tuesday to respond to the offer #LFC

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt
Liverpool have renewed their interest in Birmingham central defender and Liverpool lad Scott Dann.

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt
Liverpool interest in Dann not at bid stage but moving forward. Would cost in region of £12m.

haha 11 milion for Meireles?? :D he is better than Inler and just year older...

good we are rejecting ridicilous bids

Definitely not better than Inler but that doesn't matter, Raul Meireles is a pretty good player and should be kept so I'm glad to see Liverpool keeping hold of him.

Totally agree. Inler es better than Meireles. Actually, I dont understand why we rejected that bid. I rate Meireles a lot, but we have an oveload midfield and 11M is a fair sum for him.

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti
Aquilani: "I'm calm. People talk a lot of rubbish abt me. It's not true that LFC aren't giving me a chance.I feel like they appreciate me."

Aquilani: "I'm at a big club, I'd love to stay and play. But the market closes Aug 31. We'll see."

Previous Aquilani quotes from RAI, post-match interview.

All over Twitter and The Times that Enrique deal all but done now, expect it to be announced today if not tomorrow for £5.5m.

Saw someone say he's possibly the fastest LB in the league and had trials to become a sprinter for Spain as a teenager.

is he really that quick. i thought cliche was one of the fastest

Interesting stats.

Succesful Dribbling last season - Evra 26 - Enrique 65 - Baines 26 - Clichy 21 - Cole 17

Tackle success - Evra 76% - Enrique 84% - Baines 74% - Clichy 81% - Cole 61%
1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

Courtesy of JenChang on twitter

YouTube - Jose Enrique 2010/2011

omg how fast is he, looks very good

Last edited:

is he really that quick. i thought cliche was one of the fastest

Interesting stats.

Succesful Dribbling last season - Evra 26 - Enrique 65 - Baines 26 - Clichy 21 - Cole 17

Tackle success - Evra 76% - Enrique 84% - Baines 74% - Clichy 81% - Cole 61%
1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

Courtesy of JenChang on twitter

YouTube - Jose Enrique 2010/2011

omg how fast is he, looks very good

great statistics thanks mate

i read that he start for Liverpool today for Medical test !

Great news, surprised his stats are so impressive! Never took any notice. The left looks very balanced now.

LFC Liverpool FC
Liverpool FC confirmed today that they have agreed a fee with Newcastle United for the transfer of Jose Enrique.

LFC Liverpool FC
The Club have now been given permission to discuss personal terms with Jose Enrique, who will travel to Liverpool to undergo a medical.

stephen1martin Stephen Martin
Enrique's agent won't be travelling with him which is unusual but maybe the rumours were true #lfc

Enrique to have private conversation with KD before beginning medical at #lfc I'm trying to find out why

Edit:

Apparently the conversation is something KD has introduced to settle players and prepare them for press etc. Beyond man-management. #lfc

Last edited by a moderator:

brilliant

more excited about him than i would be clichy, must be why Liverpool didn't push for him

You know what I really like about this, FSG + Kenny have looked at the team and said here are the problems. Need a good striker, signed Suarez and Carroll, need width signed Henderson and Downing, need a bit of creativity in midfield sign Adam, we struggling at Left back fine lets get Enrique. It's a matter of see a problem , fix the problem. Fills me with such hope that we are moving in the right direction!

Welcome Enrique!

:YES:

Just a CB really and we're set, maybe a striker but we might keep Ngog. Our squad looks so much stronger than it has for years. Exciting times.

yep i agree

i would even settle for this. Decent CB would be a brucie bonus.

and keeping Aquaman

Wow, havent seen much about Jose Enrique but those stats look impressive. For 5.5 looks as a bargain.

For me, this is the best signing you guys have done. Very, very good LB. Indeed very good pick and he would now shine at Liverpool.

Saw a lot of people saying he's our most important signing this summer. The video posted earlier is pretty good, especially towards the end, looks like he's got some good footwork too.

he´s our best signing becouse he´s solid, experienced, young, cheep and in near future first choice for Spain LB imo..

he´s our best signing becouse he´s solid, experienced, young, cheep and in near future first choice for Spain LB imo..

Hum, don't think so. They already have the likes of Monreal, Canella and José Ángel.

Anyway, good transfer for you guys. I just hope that you don't buy Gary Cahill because it would f*ck my EPL Fantasy team (I had 2 L'Pool players + José Enrique and Cahill). :RANT:

i don´t think we buy Cahill tbh..

and what surprises me he´s spanish... :D there goes the british spine as well.. shows we are after quality not british quality only..

Back
Top Bottom