Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Football rule number 1: agents ALWAYS tell the truth. The rumours that an agent is hired by a player to get the best deals for them and negotiate transfers to other clubs are false rumours. It is also false that agents will take a cut of any transfer that a player makes. Agents are usually quiet individuals who like to keep their business private. Suggestions that agents talk to the media to get their clients their wishes, whether that's a transfer or wage increase, are again false.

I'll repeat that again. Football agents are the most trustworthy businessmen around. Politicians are nearly as trustworthy, but agents are the champions when it comes to honesty.
Anyway ... if you leave his agent´s comments aside, there are still a lot of proofs that we dont want him here.

Go on then, I'll bite. Humour me. Tell me exactly why Roy Hodgson loaned him out and why Kenny thinks he's Saddam Hussein's Italian cousin and he has no place in a Liverpool team of his. Tell me why both managers despise him so much.

I mean, Aquilani's the best midfielder in the world. What's gotten into Roy and Kenny that they REALLY don't want the best midfielder in the world in their team? And why aren't other clubs trying to buy him? Nevermind that Alonso comparison, actually give me a reason why this superstar doesn't have clubs queueing for his signature.

You've spent so long defending him, saying how good he is, how Kenny is making such a big mistake. So I'd love to know your reasons for why we're letting him go and why others aren't desperate for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's the small clue that he's barely played for you in 3 years. I'd say that's a subtle hint.

;)

Injuries and his wages. Aquilani takes as much as Pirlo which is why Milan let Pirlo leave for free. If Milan can't, imagine Fiorentina,Juve,Roma, or any other Italian team paying him 4mill a year plus the fee.

Go on then, I'll bite. Humour me. Tell me exactly why Roy Hodgson loaned him out and why Kenny thinks he's Saddam Hussein's Italian cousin and he has no place in a Liverpool team of his. Tell me why both managers despise him so much.

I mean, Aquilani's the best midfielder in the world. What's gotten into Roy and Kenny that they REALLY don't want the best midfielder in the world in their team? And why aren't other clubs trying to buy him? Nevermind that Alonso comparison, actually give me a reason why this superstar doesn't have clubs queueing for his signature.

You've spent so long defending him, saying how good he is, how Kenny is making such a big mistake. So I'd love to know your reasons for why we're letting him go and why others aren't desperate for him.
You are talking about the same Roy Hodgson that brought Poulsen, Konchesky and Brad Jones and made us a fight for relegation ?
About Kenny, if he doesnt want him in the team, fair enough, he is clearly trying to implant a british spine in the team. It is ok, I just want people to say things the way they are, because everyone is here making it look as "oh, poor old man, he wants Aquilani so badly and the fucking italian just wants to leave and have no respect for this club". And that is bullshit.
About wether he is pretend by other clubs. First of all, that is completely irrelevant because there are far more things involved in a transfer that just quality. The only team interested in Xabi Alonso three years ago was Juventus, and they ended prefering Poulsen over him. What does that say about him, eh ? Nonetheless, wasnt he on the verge of arriving to Juventus before they got Pirlo on a free and Agnelli changed the coach ? Isnt he now pretended by the italian champions ?

I would'nt trust Hodgson's judgment one bit...

Aquilani was signed at the wrong time...he was injured...
and we should have never sold Alonso....

I think there is truth to both sides...
Aquilani is not the top choice of Dalglish...
Aquilani also wants first team football with Euro 2012 coming.
So that means he leaves...

Let's get this over with....it is getting tiring...

£6m fee agreed for Enrique it seems.

I would'nt trust Hodgson's judgment one bit...

Aquilani was signed at the wrong time...he was injured...
and we should have never sold Alonso....

I think there is truth to both sides...
Aquilani is not the top choice of Dalglish...
Aquilani also wants first team football with Euro 2012 coming.
So that means he leaves...

Let's get this over with....it is getting tiring...

you don´t know this for sure, how can you say this?

I mean all the speculations and agent talk aside.. you or nobody don´t know what Kenny thinks.. So far Aquilani played in all our matches under him.. how in the name of the lord should Kenny as our NEW coach know about this players ability if he didn´t play him in his pre season preparation with the team he took from Hodgson.

again Dalglish and Aquilani professional relationship started the minute this player returned from Juventus. Before that don´t judge what LFC did to this player, becouse it has NOTHING to do with current owners, manager, and other people.

NESV didn´t bought Aquilani, Dalglish didn´t send him to Italy, Comoli didn´t talked with his agent before his arrival back to his club.

im realy tired of this Aquialni nonsence.. he is our player and if he goes, the people at this club have their reasons.. Dalglish knows a lot more about football than any other managers in PL as a former player, as a "student" of Bob Paisley, as man who i have 100% faith in everything he does for this club.. if you know only moan about a stupid player, then moan for yourself.. this club had many fantastic players and what is more important is the team..

after Torres departure Dalglish said, most important people are those who want to be here.. I don´t say that Aquilani don´t want to be here.. but i don´t think it will be another reason why our manager would let him go to join other club than this...becouse he must recognise his talent, and whole world see it as well.

Last edited:

You are talking about the same Roy Hodgson that brought Poulsen, Konchesky and Brad Jones and made us a fight for relegation ?
About Kenny, if he doesnt want him in the team, fair enough, he is clearly trying to implant a british spine in the team. It is ok, I just want people to say things the way they are, because everyone is here making it look as "oh, poor old man, he wants Aquilani so badly and the fucking italian just wants to leave and have no respect for this club". And that is bullshit.
About wether he is pretend by other clubs. First of all, that is completely irrelevant because there are far more things involved in a transfer that just quality. The only team interested in Xabi Alonso three years ago was Juventus, and they ended prefering Poulsen over him. What does that say about him, eh ? Nonetheless, wasnt he on the verge of arriving to Juventus before they got Pirlo on a free and Agnelli changed the coach ? Isnt he now pretended by the italian champions ?

First of all, about the brithish spine you talk so often.. what the hell? what the hell are you talking about? We have no British spine AT ALL. Reina, Skrtel, (Agger who will always play when fit under Kenny), Lucas, Suarez, Meireles... all players who were the first names on team with Dalglish and all i consider our spine.. are they BRITISH?

The most important for Dalglish - owners - Comolli is to build a winning side, not british winning side, but winning side for FUTURE. Thats why they gave chance to our mostly british reserve players. The fact we bought Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing has nothing to do with their nationality FFS. We bought them becouse

1. they are premier league proven
2. they were avileable
3. there is good years in them, in case of Henderson and Carroll whole career ahead
4. they were bought to strenght the team, not to kick Meireles, Aquilani or Gerrard out of the squad.

TO STRENGHT THE DEPTH, TO GIVE OPTIONS FOR THE MANAGER.

Look at our squad before that..look at other teams squad depth..we were fucked after Gerrard, Meireles injury.. becouse we had no replacement.. Aquilani as Henry said was the missing piece last season..

The fact our new signings are british has nothing to do with Dalglish not wanting other than brithish spine or preferuing british players..thats BULLSHIT. Dalglish bought this players becouse they are ideal for his pass and move style + they are here to make our squad depth biger and to provide alternatives but also competition for the other players..

Do you think Adam will now kick Lucas out of the team...did Lucas signed long term contract to be on bench?? Do you think Downing will now start every single match? or Henderson will kick Meireles out of first 11? It´s up to the coach what players he pick... if Skrtel was fit, he would have played yesterday instead of Carragher...

mate sort your thinking becouse what you think is simply unreal..

about the british spine.. What team except Wengers early noughties Arsenal did won the premier league without having british players in first 11? name me that team..

British spine, or at least British leaders are essential in top british league clubs, WHY? becouse players from other countries don´t usualy give a damn about the club and what he means (Torres, Mascherano, Tevez, Fabregas are here just either for wacation, or to make money or to win things when the times are good) but when the times are bad, it´s the british or local players who (in best case are leaders) are the motivators, becouse they grew up with the team, they know what the team means, they die for the team.. (Gerrard, Rooney, Scholes, Tony Adams, and many more in past..) Premier league can´t be won or you can think from non premier league players to pick a club when it´s down, to stay with club for bad times, not to fuck with the club when better oportunity comes..

Rooney almost did this, he would have made big mistake,

Torres did this, Mascherano did this, Tevez would do this, Fabregas, Nasri would do this,

just for example Spearing, Carra, Gerrard, Giggs, Scholes, Terry would NEVER do this..and if, it would be in case they are with peace with the fans.. not the oposite...or they would be doing it becouse the club want´s it..

to end this post...i go back to our transfers..

Just tell me what kind of transfers do you expect from British manager and Comolli who is French? A normal person would think this guys would go most of all for british players or maybe Ligue 1 players or Premier league proven players..(wich is what Comolli officaly anounced but nevermid..) British managers usualy do this..It´s their foreign co-managers or co-coaches who usualy tell them what foreign players to sign... Would Ferguson sign Ronaldo or Nani, if there was no Portugal connection with their that time co-coach Queiroz? It makes sence Rafa bought players he knew from mostly spain clubs, Mourinho bought his known Portugal players and so on... this is logical we can wait for our coach to sign players he want, and players he thinks are good, IF KENNY thinks Carroll is the best CF Liverpool could have... then he buys him, becouse he belives he is.. He would not buy even Aguero if he knew Carroll is better for the future, for the team and for LONG term.

I rather have Carroll for next 10 years playing for the club and winning matches than Ballotelli any day of the week..

i give a 5.th point about why we bought this players, becouse they WANTED to come and play for us. it was their desire.

the other guy we were after was Phil Jones from Blackburn, but he decieded he wanted to go to United.

Do you think we would not want Mata, Aguero, Modric, Bale or any other quality player here..??? But it is simply not possible for the team RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT WITHOUT THE EUROPEAN LEAGUES to atract the players who are WORLD class or their clubs won´t sell them...also we are not Real Madrid, and we never bought superstars, we prefeur to make them and to play as team.. something Barcelona is doing succesfully and something our new Owners want to continue apply with us.. We can be thankfull we have owners who are fantastic and thinking way ahead..look at our academy, who is coach (is he british???)..look at the post #27934..

Last edited:

We are never going to agree mate. We think different, you ve just admit that you would follow Kenny Dalglish blindly. I wouldnt follow anyone blindly.
Anyway, just looking foward what excuses you are going to give if we sell Aquilani and find ourselves in October depending in Suarez, because Dalglish decided to sell Aquilani and give the most importante role in the team to the one season wonder Charlie free kick Adam.

I follow the TEAM mate, not just Kenny Dalglish, But why i say Dalglish is becouse he simbolises this time a revitalised club, he has someone behind him and i written about this guys before (Clarke...our new owners, other coaches, his whole team etc) This are the right people.. unlike there was behind Roy when he was apointed wich was a mistake... Liverpool FC is not just Kenny Dalglish, it´s brand new club, and many people pull the strings.. just to let you know. And i belive we are lucky to have this people at the club.. If you don´t...than it´s your problem..Many people deciede about players future, not just Dalglish...sometimes even the players themselfs, or their agents..

just wait for official anouncement if Aqua is sold, to say who was right and how the things were in reality...

and if you say this about Adam you didn´t read my big post..wich is useless to repeat..

Last edited:

oh and i would not make any excuses if we sell Aquilani, becouse i think if he was sold, then there is a reason for it..and it don´t need to be what you think..

do you think Dalglish would ever buy Carroll if Torres didn´t said he want to leave? He simply was his first choice and he was expensive becouse the team we bought from didn´t need to sell, and knew we have money + no time + no other realistic opinion.

think about it ;)

That would be awesome!! Newcastle are so gonna get relegated lol.

BelgoFoot John Chapman
Certain Belgian media report Jovanovic will get 3.5 m euros in 2 years from Anderlecht and 2.5m from #lfc. To be confirmed.

£6m rising to £10m with add-on's, could be wrapped up by the weekend. He's only got 1 year on his 46k per week contract, was offered 50k by Newcastle and wants 60k p/w. Suggestions he might have to lower his demands a little if he's going to join us.

Yup, it's all over the Belgian press that Liverpool wil pay a part of Jovanovic's wages...his contract with Anderlecht is exactly as long as his contract with Liverpool was...

carriebaird carrie baird
According to the actual transfer market, not speculation, LFC have been in the british Market for a centre back.

carriebaird carrie baird
The takeaways from that, is a\ they know they need one, and b\ favor british based, could still go abroad. Don't get it twisted.

for me it won´t be Cahill, he would have been signed but i heard rumours about high salary demands.. also Arsenal wanted him but moved to Jagielka..

i think it might as well be Scot Dann or Shawcross...

either of them would be good and needed as i said before.. we can´t rely 100% on Agger staying fit..

carriebaird carrie baird
shawcross is favorite, if stoke lets him go

defo, LB, CB, and maybe striker at some point. Thing is *all* english clubs are sooo sloooow this window, very frustrating

not saying they *are* going Brit CB, just giving actual, real insight as to whats going on. godin mentioned, not sure other 3

CB, LB and new back up CF is all we need to start the season..

hopefully we will make some in deals but also release players that are waste of space..and sallary

newsignings-top.jpg

http://podcast.bauerradio.com/bigcity/radiocity/main_site/city_dalglish.mp3

Same here, still seems odd seeing Downing in a Liverpool shirt too.

i feel like he´s been here for ages tbh.. not so much with Henderson as with him..

maybe the red of Middlesbrough shirt years ago has to do with it :P

carriebaird carrie baird
According to the actual transfer market, not speculation, LFC have been in the british Market for a centre back.

carriebaird carrie baird
The takeaways from that, is a\ they know they need one, and b\ favor british based, could still go abroad. Don't get it twisted.
Does Dalglish know that football is played outside England? Or am I missing some magical advantage of being british?

Why does nationality matter to you? Benitez was criticized for signing too many foreigners, now you want to criticize Dalglish for signing too many British?

I'm honestly beginning to think you're a Man Utd fan on a wind-up job. I've never in my life come across anyone with such negative views as yours and it's just depressing to constantly read your complaints about everything and anything that doesn't involve a certain player, and you only ever post positive posts when it does involve that player.

I can't understand why you support Liverpool when you don't really seem too bothered about the team apart from one player. You've got no understanding of how we're building up our team, no faith in a manager who deserves more respect and trust than anyone who could ever be our manager, no faith in our new signings in case your favourite player leaves.

Time for the ignore button to come back out I reckon! Especially if Aquilani is sold. We concede a goal? It's Kenny's fault for selling Aquilani, he'd have stopped it. We don't score? Aquilani would've scored. I don't win the lottery next week? Aquilani could've told me the numbers if he was still a Liverpool player.

Ignored from now on, otherwise I'm going to go crazy having to read rubbish over the next season.

Back
Top Bottom