Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

April 21, 2011

Kenny: Don't forget about Aqua

"When people talk about next season, I'm surprised they don't give Alberto a mention," the Scot told the club's official website..

"Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

"I know he has done really well at Juventus this season. When the loan finishes at the end of the season, he reverts back to being a Liverpool player.

"Nothing is cast in stone and he could be coming back to play for Liverpool. He could be a valuable asset here next season. He's still our player.

"He certainly didn't have the best of luck last season.

"At times he did really well and at other times he didn't do quite so well but you can say that about most players. What I do know is that he's had a fantastic season at Juventus."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-don-t-forget-about-aqua
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6887385,00.html
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...-fc-after-juventus-loan-ends-100252-28558548/

If Aquilani stays, are we going to need to discuss him every single time he steps foot on the pitch?

As good as he is, it might almost be a relief if he was sold so we could discuss ... well, you know, the TEAM.

please just please wait untill end of the transfer window, people who run our club are not idiots not to see the quality Aquilani has.. what are you talking about our manager not wanting him or not giving him a chance.. ???

the argument with squad number means nothing mate, everyone had different numbers through whole pre season..

Fact is:

1. Aquilani is Liverpool player and we own him, he played in every single pre season match and he stand out..

2. We won´t sell him, and if, we won´t sell him cheap..we know he is quality and he proves it always

3. there was no official anouncement regarding Aquilani other than Kenny said we should not forget we have him still, before he was back from Juve..does that sound he don´t rate him??? for me the oposite.

4. Now that Gerrard is injured and looks like he will not be so fit very soon, i don´t think we sell Aquilani...i think the oposite..

5. relax, it is transfer window, i love Aquilani, and i think we as club, our owner our manager and our sane fans want to keep him.. it´s up to the player and his agent if they want the oposite..

i expect him to start againt Valencia ;)

where and when, official links please.
This is the second time I provide you the quote

"Non so cosa dicono o scrivono in Inghilterra - ha continuato Zavaglia - posso però dire che il ragazzo, avendo capito di non rientrare più nei piani del Liverpool nel presente ma anche in futuro, vorrebbe una soluzione a titolo definitivo. Comunque ripeto, l'affare non è a rischio, restiamo in attesa".

Full article

April 21, 2011

Kenny: Don't forget about Aqua

"When people talk about next season, I'm surprised they don't give Alberto a mention," the Scot told the club's official website..

"Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

"I know he has done really well at Juventus this season. When the loan finishes at the end of the season, he reverts back to being a Liverpool player.

"Nothing is cast in stone and he could be coming back to play for Liverpool. He could be a valuable asset here next season. He's still our player.

"He certainly didn't have the best of luck last season.

"At times he did really well and at other times he didn't do quite so well but you can say that about most players. What I do know is that he's had a fantastic season at Juventus."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-don-t-forget-about-aqua
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6887385,00.html
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...-fc-after-juventus-loan-ends-100252-28558548/
Doesnt mean nothing. What is he going to say ? "I think Aquilani is an awful player. He cant tackle, cant pass, cant score. I want him as far away from Liverpool as possible". Please, dont make me laugh ...

Doesnt mean nothing. What is he going to say ? "I think Aquilani is an awful player. He cant tackle, cant pass, cant score. I want him as far away from Liverpool as possible". Please, dont make me laugh ...

yes it does it means everything, he is liverpool fc coach, not some freaky agent.. Kenny says what he thinks.

He could as well do the same he did with Konchesky, who was sent to Notthingham the minute Kenny was apointed...

Im sure that if in January he was asked about Koncheksy he would have said something positive. He was asked about Poulsen in January and I remember him saying possitive things. If you are a manager, you cant criticise your player publicaly. And if you are trying to sell a player, how is it going to look if you say terrible things of him ?

haven't bothered with any friendlies since the first couple, they're meaningless.

Bring on the Sunderland game I can't WAIT!!!

Im sure that if in January he was asked about Koncheksy he would have said something positive. He was asked about Poulsen in January and I remember him saying possitive things. If you are a manager, you cant criticise your player publicaly. And if you are trying to sell a player, how is it going to look if you say terrible things of him ?

The thing is he was not asked about Aquilani, he made a statement about him.. he was not asked what he plans to do with him, he came publicaly with the fact people forget we have him when talking about next season.. why would he say this officialy he rates him and then sell him? i don´t think he would want to get rid of him, nothing except that agent statement proves your words that our owner or coach don´t want this player to be part of our team.. that´s why i insist that if he is eventually sold, the truth will be he wanted more money (becouse i´m pretty sure his agent want´s this... that´s what agents usually want)

The same way our owner made a statement about Aqua few days ago via his twitter, that Dags posted.. just becouse he wanted, not becouse being asked to do it..

Last edited:

Aquilani vs..Valarenga
YouTube - Alberto Aquilani Vs Valerenga (Pre-Season) 01.08.11 | HD

amazing....all his corners were right around the 6-yard box..

He seems better in the AM role....just behind the strikers...

Well if he plays better than Adam and Henderson....(which he is)
then by all means he deserves a place...

but then again...Adam and Henderson are still very new to the club.

Let's see what happens..

we need someone with Aquilani's creativity and intelligence.

With Aquilani and Lucas/Gerrard in central midfield...
Downing...Suarez...Carroll....Kuyt......there are serious number
of goals in that....
but that means leaving Henderson and Adam on the bench...will that happen?

Henry has said it would be a major disappointment to miss out on CL....
so the pressure is on........

Last edited:

I guess it doesn't matter, but doesn't it seem pretty clear that Aquaman would rather be playing somewhere else?

He wants to leave. It's quite obvious now. Fiorentina pulled out and now Milan declared interest. Milan VP Galliani said the only problem is his high wages for Italian teams but said it can be worked out.

Thanks for the video, GoalGerd. Just got around to watching and some nice finishes from Carroll and Fellah. How did Sterling get on?

Sterling is just a kid, but he did some nice tricks, keep the position..didn´t rushed to anything, keep it cool.. very good young player..i think he can be a star in future..

Raheem Sterling is a genuine talent. Only thing that worries me is his size, he's genuinely tiny. Like, SWP is a specimen relative to him.

Trickery and acceleration can only get you so far at the highest level. Maybe they could put him on those dodgy growth hormones Barca pumped into Messi ;)

yeah he´s tiny, but as i said, he´s just a kid... he won´t get hormones.. in fact he should develop without them..maybe later he will grow muscles..

i think he can make it to first team in few seasons.. he´s got very calm approach but in the same time, he´s clever on ball.. he had a good minutes yesterday... he and Aqua came on and we scored two goals :P

amazing....all his corners were right around the 6-yard box..

Wow. Is that really amazing? I go down the park and watch some kids who put good corners in the 6 yard box. Wouldn't go overboard saying it's amazing.

yea i get your point but so many so called professionals can't deliver a decent corner at the best of times..

Henderson looks good at corners as well..Adam can kick it, but Aquilani lighten up the place yesterday..

would be a shame to loose him..

anyway, according to Belgium news, Jovanovic agreed terms with Anderlecht..

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards
Been told #nufc are close to agreeing a fee with an unnamed club for Enrique who I presume to be Liverpool. Some talk Chelsea now interested

we need to sort our defence immediately..

CB hopefully to follow..

Borrell: I still have the same aim

Rodolfo Borrell insists his switch to reserve team boss won't affect his overall aim - to help produce young players for Liverpool's first-team.

The Spaniard arrived in Kirkby with a glittering CV and has since bolstered his credentials by moulding an U18 side that turned heads with its attractive style of football.

The success did not go unnoticed by the Anfield hierarchy and in the summer he was rewarded with a new role that he believes has the same objective.

"This is a different job for me," Borrell told LFC Weekly. "Most of the players in the squad are now men, or closer to being men than the U18s.

"It doesn't change my aim; to push the players on until they are good enough for the first-team. That is what we are all trying to do; Frank McParland, Pep (Segura), Kenny (Dalglish), Steve Clarke, Damien Comolli. And I'm sure it will be the same with the new coach, Kevin Keen. Our aim is to help produce players for the club.

"That's why we communicate so often, almost on a daily basis. We go to Melwood or Kenny, Steve and Damien come to the Academy. We talk about everything.

"We are all pushing in the same direction and when you do that it can only benefit the club and lead to success. That is our aim and we're all working hard to make it happen."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/borrell-i-still-have-the-same-aim

He wants to leave. It's quite obvious now. Fiorentina pulled out and now Milan declared interest. Milan VP Galliani said the only problem is his high wages for Italian teams but said it can be worked out.
Why is that quite obvious please? The fact we were prepared to send him on loan to Fiorentina and pay part of his wages, made a discount to Juventus of around 5M (euros), didnt give him a squad number, brought more midfielders, doesnt show something ?

Last edited:

Hey Pipa, you are a lousy journalist...you forgot to mention that the mighty Valerenga equalised...
If i read your posts i wonder how you survived Liverpool's CL's win...

Where you a Liverpool fan at the time or did it start afterwards?

Don't take this post too serious, i couldn't resist...somebody was saying he's only looking forward to Sunderland...that seems the right attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kS1YRABNEoI

Aquilani ´s agent about a move to Milan.

“When you speak of such a negotiation, there is always an element of truth,” Zavaglia told ilsussidiario.net. “Galliani is now in China for the Italian Super Cup, but I expect to talk to him when he comes back to Milan. I think an agreement could be reached for a figure around €10million.

“Aquilani is still tied to a three-year contract with Liverpool and before his eventual departure we will talk with the leadership of Liverpool. It seems clear to me that the player doesn’t fall into the technical plans of the coach, so the suggestion of his departure is concrete.”

Great article.

Last edited:

Hey Pipa, you are a lousy journalist...you forgot to mention that the mighty Valerenga equalised...
If i read your posts i wonder how you survived Liverpool's CL's win...

Where you a Liverpool fan at the time or did it start afterwards?

Don't take this post too serious, i couldn't resist...somebody was saying he's only looking forward to Sunderland...that seems the right attitude.

Belive it or not i was.. i support this club since the 2001 season and i noticed them since before when Owen started to play for Reds..my favourite childhood player..

anyway, also belive it or not yesterday despite the draw i was happy about our play.. i didn´t noticed i forgot to mention the third goal they scored... i was happy what i see from our young boys yesterday..

I do care about pre season, especialy seeing football again.. i miss it :D

Football rule number 1: agents ALWAYS tell the truth. The rumours that an agent is hired by a player to get the best deals for them and negotiate transfers to other clubs are false rumours. It is also false that agents will take a cut of any transfer that a player makes. Agents are usually quiet individuals who like to keep their business private. Suggestions that agents talk to the media to get their clients their wishes, whether that's a transfer or wage increase, are again false.

I'll repeat that again. Football agents are the most trustworthy businessmen around. Politicians are nearly as trustworthy, but agents are the champions when it comes to honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom