Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

he is a bit shit though...

people will probably say you can't compare him to suarez

just compare them

price tag
ability
performance

etc

Carroll is shite....

hopefully he will atleast be ok

don´t compare uncomparable..

don´t call him shite, he didin´t bought himself to the club, don´t make the pricetag his fault..

wait untill the season ends to judge him..

Different type of striker though. It's like comparing Mascherano to Gerrard, which I think I've used as a comparison before.

I rate Carroll a lot, I think he's going to go on to be a very good player. And you need to remember he's still very young, there's not many players his age who you can say are world beaters and are available.

Give it a few years and judge him then. I think people are too quick to judge these days, expecting players to be the complete package by 21 or they're judged to be not good enough and a poor purchase without giving them time to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

his value is only ever going to go down.

paying that sort of money for a player who i as a fan have to wait a few years to judge, is just not on lol

if we paid 9m then fair enough. (waits for the comments about having to buy because of torres)

anyway pointless conversation really

give me a team of suarez's any day

@GuillemBalague Mata and Liverpool: LFC DID think of him & knew it would cost around 20m euros. But went for Downing. Now not interested

Hmmm, I can see that Downing was bought as a proper out-and-out winger to whip in great crosses and he's a good player. But Mata would've been a very nice player to have too, maybe a little too similar to Suarez though?

Shame.

Cole will stay here until 2014 earning £4,680,000 a year

Joe Cole 2014 4 years left £18,720,000

Christian Poulsen here until 2013 earning £2,600,000 a year he will earn £5,200,000 by the time he fucks off

Milan Jovanović here until 2013 earning £3,120,000 a year he will earn £6,240,000

Brad Jones here until 2013 earning £1,560,000 a year he will earn £3,120,000

Roy and Purslows conracts could cost John Henry £33,280,000

J COLE is not a 40,000 player he is a 25 million pound waste of space

As for C Poulsen he's a 10.5 million pound waste of space

Everyone thought Roy Hodge Podge spent fuck all of transfers

Yes he spend fuck all on fees but Purslow gave them 50 million+ wages

:(

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Zavaglia (Aquilani's agent) confirms that Aquilani willing to join Fiorentina but rejected a loan & is insisting on being bought outright.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Fiorentina's Mihajlovic is very keen on Aquilani though, so won't be surprise if Fiorentina end up buying him after all this summer.

I blame Kenny for beating him with a stick and locking him in a cupboard while the rest of the team train. Poor Aquilani so desperate to get away from us for good and not wanting to return to Liverpool if he can help it.

That´s what i meant it will be a problem to get rid of this players Gerd..this are big mistakes, not Carroll...

And two R's :P

:LOL:

:COAT:

The first time I don't spell it right, typical!

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Have confirmed with sources that LFC has indeed spoken with reps of Enrique, Cissokho, Alvaro Pereira & Marcell Jansen past 2 weeks. #fb

JenChang88 Jen Chang
It's unclear just how serious the interest is in each, who the preferred LB choice is for LFC, or when a formal bid will be made.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
However, in my opinion wide range of discussions & prices of targets indicate 2 possibilities. 1.Post-Clichy, LFC undecided on LB target or

JenChang88 Jen Chang
2. Choice of LB for LFC might be at least partially influenced by how much of the wage bill is shifted from books next couple of weeks.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
i.e. Interest in both Porto's Pereira whose release clause is €20M and Hamburg's Jansen who'd cost probably around €6-8M.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Lastly, of the 4, if money allows for it, best choice would be Pereira, the Uruguayan Cafu, more versatile than others, synergy with Suarez

Haven't even really heard Marcell Jansen's name before, any thoughts on him?

I was only making a lame joke anout Carroll. Time will tell if he was a good player. He could become the next Alan Shearer, which is fine by me if he does not go into punditry after his carreer...

I blame Kenny for beating him with a stick and locking him in a cupboard while the rest of the team train. Poor Aquilani so desperate to get away from us for good and not wanting to return to Liverpool if he can help it.
He wants to go to Fiorentina because he was told here he has no future. Wake up and not make ironic bullshit comments.

That´s what i meant it will be a problem to get rid of this players Gerd..this are big mistakes, not Carroll...
I agree that the big problems are Joe Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Carragher and Brad Jones.
But, if Carroll continues with this form he can well end being a big problem. That is why I didnt want this transfer from the beginning, because we were paying and extraordinary amount of money for a project, a 6 month PL striker and giving him a big contract. If Carroll makes more than 20 goals this season it is going to result good and everybody is going to say that he needs wings and fullbacks, but if he has another mediocre season plagued with injuries, we are going to have a striker for who we paid 35M and is on a 80k per week.

:WORSHIP:

Some people will only ever see negatives, regardless of the overall picture.
I know some people here the only image they have is Kenny Dalglish returning the domestic league to Anfield. But I try to be as objective as possible and I see these two scenarios.
One in which we play old school football, it is succesfull and we return to the winning days.
And the other one in which we dont return to Europe, we have a mediocre season and have a team of overpaid british players.

Or we could go out and get players in cheap like Cole, Jovanovic and Poulsen and watch them eat up our wages while no clubs want to take them off our hands because they wont match the wage Liverpool are paying them.

What a load of arse this thread is becoming, So called fans arguing the toss over warm up games and getting all negative. Dags & pipa need a medal.

I do agree about poulsen though, did you see him watching Baros like a hawk last night and he wasnt even looking at the ball at all, except Baros who duly scored Galatasaray's second. Even Aldo condemned him at half time.

So come on you lot get behind our team and show some support

What a load of arse this thread is becoming, So called fans arguing the toss over warm up games and getting all negative. Dags & pipa need a medal.

I do agree about poulsen though, did you see him watching Baros like a hawk last night and he wasnt even looking at the ball at all, except Baros who duly scored Galatasaray's second. Even Aldo condemned him at half time.

So come on you lot get behind our team and show some support
How is being cautious over the future is not supporting the team ?

I still think the "problems" Jovanovic, Poulsen and Cole are problems created by Liverpool and not by fans who don't follow their club blindly...

About Jovanovic: like i already said, the guy never got a decent chance. Imagine being in the same position. You play in Belgium and Benitez comes after you...would you doubt? And then when you are with this big club, it turns out that the manager who wanted you is not there anymore...you never get a decent chance and you get criticized because of your high wages....i think Jovanovic was treated unfair by Liverpool. He has every right to complain, yet to my knowledge he never did.

About Poulsen and Cole, they are treated here like vilains: they are not. It did not work out for them. Both have proven to be very good players (Cole is even better than Messi according to an ageing midfield maestro), things did not work out like they were supposed to be...are they to blame? No.

I remember Dudek being slaughtered and then he won you a CL. (I know it was a great team effort, but in the end Dudek stopped those penalties against all odds).

Clubs need more fans like Liverbird, he loves his club, but he tries to be objective and everybody needs devil's advocates...that is better than blind adoration.

Rant over.

guys there are rumors that are saying we are linked with Forlan , one year loan can be deal , what u think if this happen ? Forlan & Suarez sounds scary for every defender in EPL

I still think the "problems" Jovanovic, Poulsen and Cole are problems created by Liverpool and not by fans who don't follow their club blindly...

About Jovanovic: like i already said, the guy never got a decent chance. Imagine being in the same position. You play in Belgium and Benitez comes after you...would you doubt? And then when you are with this big club, it turns out that the manager who wanted you is not there anymore...you never get a decent chance and you get criticized because of your high wages....i think Jovanovic was treated unfair by Liverpool. He has every right to complain, yet to my knowledge he never did.

About Poulsen and Cole, they are treated here like vilains: they are not. It did not work out for them. Both have proven to be very good players (Cole is even better than Messi according to an ageing midfield maestro), things did not work out like they were supposed to be...are they to blame? No.

I remember Dudek being slaughtered and then he won you a CL. (I know it was a great team effort, but in the end Dudek stopped those penalties against all odds).

Clubs need more fans like Liverbird, he loves his club, but he tries to be objective and everybody needs devil's advocates...that is better than blind adoration.

Rant over.
Thanks gerd. Top post.

guys there are rumors that are saying we are linked with Forlan , one year loan can be deal , what u think if this happen ? Forlan & Suarez sounds scary for every defender in EPL
Not too impressed. We are going to have to pay his wages probably, he is already 32 and he has just had a terrible season.

1 year loan mate its not like joe cole we have to pay for 4 years more , and he had bad season with atletico but amazing last matchs in Copa America together with Suarez , so i think they both in one team can be great :)

however they are just rumors need to wait and see !

Yes I know, but I dont see the point in paying a massive wage to a 32 years old player. If wages are the problem and that is why a midfielder needs to leave, I would use that money to prevent our most creative player from leaving.

Doesn't make sense. Why do Atletico want to loan him when maybe it's their last chance to sell him for a decent fee? Add to that they are having trouble replacing Aguero. Both would be tough.

He wants to go to Fiorentina because he was told here he has no future. Wake up and not make ironic bullshit comments.

Do you actually know this things or you imagine them?

becouse if this is true knows just Aquilani, his agent and our board..

we will see if something happens first and second, in the official interviews.

Do you actually know this things or you imagine them?

becouse if this is true knows just Aquilani, his agent and our board..

we will see if something happens first and second, in the official interviews.
First of all, his agent confirmed it. Yes, the same agent that said that he was staying in Juventus, but still I dont see why he would lie about that.
And secondly, Dags here posted last week that Alberto was negotioating a golden handshake to go to Fiorentina because he was going to have to take a pay cut. You cant negotiate a golden handshake if you are the one that is forcing the transfer.

Gerrard's comments about Cole being the new Messi were actually taken out of context. It was actually something about a golf ball or an orange or something, he said that Cole can do more tricks with one of them than Messi...

First of all, his agent confirmed it. Yes, the same agent that said that he was staying in Juventus, but still I dont see why he would lie about that.
And secondly, Dags here posted last week that Alberto was negotioating a golden handshake to go to Fiorentina because he was going to have to take a pay cut. You cant negotiate a golden handshake if you are the one that is forcing the transfer.

well might be true, but i will rather wait untill the move is on or off..and for official anouncement of player or Dalglish..

it would be very stupid to sell or loan him out..but at the same time as already pointed out, we have players we signed for long with high wages.. we can´t get rid of them easy now..

Skrtel injured.. new proper CB shoule be priority now.

Back
Top Bottom