Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Of course i understand why Liverpool fans have such a big trust in Dalglish. I got to admit that i'm a bit of a fan of Aquilani...i was looking forward to see him week in week out in England...

Seems a more attractive player than Adam, but Adam might be a good transfer.
As everybody knows here, Im also a big fan of Alberto and that is why Im excited to see him next season with Fiorentina.
He is going to be in a team where his qualities are extremely apreciated and the only club in the Serie A that madre profits last year. Corvino, IMO rated as one of the best scouts in the world, is a big fan of him, he tried to take him to Fiorentina a lot of times. Last year he couldnt because of his contract, I guess now with the departure of Montolivo (a player I find a bit overrated) and the fact that Alberto doesnt want to loose his spot in the national team, they are going to find an agreement.
A 4-3-1-2 with Aquilani as a trequartista and upfront Jovetic and Gilardino. How good does that look ? If Fiorentina ends buying Aquilani and Arouca they are going to be back next year in the CL.

if this happend i realy want explanation from the player or club why this happens if true.. becouse there is no single indication from LFC side we didn´t want him to be part of our squad..
Oh really ? What about the fact that he was given number 98 shirt and that we bought two players whose natural roles are the similar than Alberto ?

do you know he was given the number or he choosed himself for this few training or friendly matches? becouse last time i check it was Meireles who took his n.4 in Hodgson days.. Those two players are one premier league proven national player for Scotland, and the second also a PL proven very young England national who can play on wing as well.. i don´t see any problem with them in squad and Aquilani as well.. we need depth and this guys guarante we have it..

do you know he was given the number or he choosed himself for this few training or friendly matches? becouse last time i check it was Meireles who took his n.4 in Hodgson days.. Those two players are one premier league proven national player for Scotland, and the second also a PL proven very young England national who can play on wing as well.. i don´t see any problem with them in squad and Aquilani as well.. we need depth and this guys guarante we have it..
Am I supposed to be impressed by that ?

hahah i don´t know what to say anymore.. you made me laugh

Not really. Juve had and has to make a lot of changes in the squad. Aquilani would cost have cost them 12M plus his contract. Pirlo agreed a less contract than the one Aquilani has and probably Juve paid him some fee, but no 12M.
With that said, Marotta (chief executive of Juventus) still wanted Aquilani but Conte didnt (as he also didnt want the signing of Pirlo, but was made by Marotta before his arrival so he had nothing to say).

And what about all of the other Italian clubs? Or the Spanuish? German? English?

You rave about him like he's the second coming but clubs are hardly queueing up to buy him off our hands. And that's the point he made, why is that? If he's as good as you go on about him being, Barca would be in there for him.

No doubt he's got ability but there's got to be something that's stopping all of the other clubs around the world paying any interest in him.

Maybe he is the second coming and we abandon him..Maybe he will win CL with Fiorentina who knows, maybe..

I hope he stayes but if not..i will pray we won´t get relegated..

sorry but you made me write in such way, it´s silly how you talk about one player as if LFC never had a better one..

And what about all of the other Italian clubs? Or the Spanuish? German? English?

You rave about him like he's the second coming but clubs are hardly queueing up to buy him off our hands. And that's the point he made, why is that? If he's as good as you go on about him being, Barca would be in there for him.

No doubt he's got ability but there's got to be something that's stopping all of the other clubs around the world paying any interest in him.
Three years ago the only team interested in Xabi Alonso was Juventus, and they ended buying Poulsen. Is Xabi Alonso also a mediocre player ?

Why don't I learn my lesson and actually give up :LOL:

Cya lads!

The Gallery: Liverpool's bulging midfield

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2011/jul/26/the-gallery-liverpool-bulging-midfield?CMP=twt_gu

The-Gallery-Liverpool-004.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-014.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-011.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-015.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-012.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-010.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-008.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-007.jpg

'Forget the Great Wall of China, one of the few things visible from space is Liverpool's midfield.' Or so says Alan Noon

The-Gallery-Liverpool-006.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-003.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-002.jpg

The-Gallery-Liverpool-001.jpg

Poulsen is yours mate.. :D we pay the taxi to Manchester

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Re: Aquilani, Italian reports say LFC rejected loan move but have agreed fee with Fiorentina (approx €11M) - but personal terms a problem

I'm not bothering to discuss this quote, just posting it for reference is all.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Aquilani or Meireles but they can keep the rest.

Apparently Aquaman is gonna be joined in the taxi queue by Pacheco - who is clearly not going to get many chances at Pool.

""I hoped for a lot more [at Liverpool]," Pacheco said. "Why should I deny it? I was told I was going to have opportunities. Quite simply, if they don't give me more opportunities, I am very clear I want to leave. Above all, I want to play and if I have to leave to do that then there will be no problem."

Fair play to him, he's been here a while and I'd want to leave if I wasn't getting the chances.

JamesHorncastle James Horncastle
Re: Aquilani. Reports in Italy claim he has accepted to spread €8m in wages over 3 yrs instead of 2. Negotiating golden handshake with LFC

4-5-1 might be a solution Saurez wont start for the season give some players hope that the system will work for them. You need a pack mid it control n dictates the movement of the game. 3-5-2 could work too a pack mid could be nearly impossible to penetrate . Adam at the back will be like alonso send ball thrus to Carroll and breaking up plays. Rotating players where they can play every game like a final :P
what would a 4-5-1 and a 3-5-2 look like w/ players whatnot?

Last edited:

Suarez is the man of the moment. One of the best strikers in the world right now. And the most annoying one for sure :D

Haha definitely! Nobody wants to play against this guy!! That's for sure! :LOL:

I'd hate to be the defender having to deal with him!

rafaalmeidaESPN Rafael Almeida
Liverpool muito próximo de anunciar Álvaro Pereira, que fez ótima Copa América pelo Uruguai. Excelente reforço para os Reds.

according to uruguay sources he already can´t wait to be back in the team.. want to bet he will start the match? :) well except if the coaches will not allow it..but he will be ready at that time i´m sure..

I'm not bothering to discuss this quote, just posting it for reference is all.
See, this is different. A loan was an insult, but a sale is ok.
Anyway, the fact that Alberto is negotiating a golden handshake with Liverpool shows exactly that he wasnt the one that forced his way out of the club as some suggested.

guys is true that gerrard is injured and will be out for 2 months?

Back
Top Bottom