Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

i mean whole team after the team of that season, sorry.

The way Aquilani played with Roma, is much, much better than what Gerrard ever did IMO (please don't shoot me!!!).

depends on how long..you see Gerrard has had a consistent form since his start for A team untill 2008..so in 2004 - 2008 he was i honestly think best midfielder in England and one of best in world..

Was really happy to hear Aquilani back......then I read a couple of post and realised there would be another 500 of them comparing Aquilani to everyone else and him always being better....

;)

But seriously, I really am excited to see him back and find out how he will do in the new playing style. I think I made this happen tbh, I kept him in my CM and he is a solid back-up to Gerrard. Although Gerrard is dropping back now (as it's 2014)....however Adam is really pushing on and starting to look like the better option...

The way Aquilani played with Roma, is much, much better than what Gerrard ever did IMO (please don't shoot me!!!).
Nobody is going to shoot at you mate for telling the truth. Well actually yes, you can take some shots by people that think Alberto started to play football when he came to Liverpool.

aquilani its class i hope this time he show what really is and dont have problems with injury i think hes far better than any of other liverpool midlefend (not gerrard on this gruope) ;)

Liverbird you honestly think Aquilani Roma football was better than Gerrards footbal ever?

Considering our owners' preference for younger players...

does'nt it make sense to sell Gerrard and keep this midfield:

Lucas, Meireles, Aquilani, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey

+ Adam
+ Downing

- Maxi
- Poulsen
- Cole
- Jovanovic

+ LB
+ CB
+ Right-winger

+ Adam
+ Downing

Liverpool should sell both Carragher and Gerrard. Regardless of the fact if Gerrard is world class or not, he should be sold.
Both players are icons and (almost?) bigger than the club.
Both players are getting older and are slowly going downhill: Gerrard is having injury after injury and Carragher is becoming way too slow.
It is only human that they will want to preserve their status even if what they do on the field does not warrant that status...so inevitably this will sooner or later result in dressing room trouble.
The positive side is that their coach is an even (much) bigger club icon, so he has the authority to silence them.
Both players should get a testimonial and big farewell with lots of praise and money...but in the end it would be better to sell them.
That would be good for club and players: the stop with a positive image and maybe they can come back in a staff function after their retirement.

But that is only what i think, who am i? An armchair manager..

I think this will be Gerrard's last season to show he is worth keeping. Since the runners-up season he has been narky and hasn't performed to the levels expected. Fortunately for him, the rest of the team didn't step up. However last season they did and he wasn't hugely missed for most of the games. But with him being out of the game for a while and clearing up his injuries I think he could be back to his best next season and have the enthousiasm back that has been missing.

As for Carra, I would expect him to tone down the minutes and go more and more into a coaching role.

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
Liverpool were willing to match City's bid for Clichy, but Champs League Football was the clincher (Express)

Yep, expected that to be the case. Certainly not helping us being out of the CL.

Edit:

ianherbs ian herbert
Why Clichy is leaving Arsenal for Man City: a 60% pay rise and a belief that Wenger doesn't want him enough tinyurl.com/6eko7ce #mcfc #afc

And that right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

or higher wages, course players are going to try and make them look better by using that as the reason

anyone with a bit of sense can see Liverpool are on the move. look at where we finished last year considering everything that went on

Make of this what you will fellas.

Liverpool have been placed on alert over the availability of Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The Argentine international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League in the past month, with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini also thought to be keen on the player.

Damien Comolli, director of football at Liverpool, is believed to be an admirer of the player, although it's unknown how Kenny Dalglish feels on the player, nicknamed 'El Pocho'.

"I have never been a dreamer. In my life, I have always set myself goals - many goals to reach. I am someone who organises his future," the 26-year-old told La Naicon.

"I take each day as it comes and enjoy every moment. My next goal after Napoli is to play in a great team."

Lavezzi's agent confirmed Liverpool were tracking the player earlier in the year, and the Merseysiders are known to be in the market for a striker.

A left back and winger are also thought to be on the agenda for the Reds, with Dalglish looking to invest further on players following the reported £20 million addition of Jordan Henderson at Liverpool a fortnight ago.

Connor Wickham and Park Chu-Young are two other forwards linked with a summer transfer move to Liverpool, but after Lavezzi's recent comments that former San Lorenzo star might have climbed up the list of Reds targets.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-on-alert-as-el-pocho-makes-great-team-tr

Last edited:

2009-07-16-ThreeFingerPinch.jpg

My first thought after seeing that photograph was not "a pinch of salt", Dags, but "a sniff of cocaïne".
Lavezzi could be something special, he has an immense talent, but he is a bit of a loco...if he feels good at Liverpool he might become one of the best players of the EPL...both Suarez and Lavezzi in the same team would be awesome (and i forgot Aquilani)...

PS: i'm not implying that Lavezzi is a coke user...

Liverpool should sell both Carragher and Gerrard. Regardless of the fact if Gerrard is world class or not, he should be sold.
Both players are icons and (almost?) bigger than the club.
Both players are getting older and are slowly going downhill: Gerrard is having injury after injury and Carragher is becoming way too slow.
It is only human that they will want to preserve their status even if what they do on the field does not warrant that status...so inevitably this will sooner or later result in dressing room trouble.
The positive side is that their coach is an even (much) bigger club icon, so he has the authority to silence them.
Both players should get a testimonial and big farewell with lots of praise and money...but in the end it would be better to sell them.
That would be good for club and players: the stop with a positive image and maybe they can come back in a staff function after their retirement.

But that is only what i think, who am i? An armchair manager..

Selling Gerrard and Carra now would be insane.. both can play few years more and retire with the team, in fact Gerrard said himself he´s in best shape of his life now and can´t wait to start new season.. they are both leaders on and off the pitch and this teams need a leader..

Gerrard can play a couple of years depending on if he's willing to adapt, Carragher really is just past it very much like Neville was last year.

Yeah, he's gotta be willing to play a more disciplined role as he ages. And that's generally been the main problem whenever a manager's tried to shoehorn Stevie G into central midfield.

Considering our owners' preference for younger players...

+ Adam
+ Downing

Shelvey?! Don't make me laugh. So far (and I do stress so far as you never know how he will turn out) he has been crap every time I've seen him play. Sell Gerrard and have Shelvey before Gerrard? Brain dead thing to do.

I've never been somebody who thinks Gerrard is as amazing as he is made out to be but he still pisses all over Shelvey (and the rest in that list!!)

Gerrard can play a couple of years depending on if he's willing to adapt, Carragher really is just past it very much like Neville was last year.

Don't remember Carragher being past it v Chelsea last year. CB's can go on a bit longer than full backs. Hyypia wasn't quick either and he was class. Carragher isn't past it yet imo. He still has more good games than bad.

Shelvey?! Don't make me laugh. So far (and I do stress so far as you never know how he will turn out) he has been crap every time I've seen him play. Sell Gerrard and have Shelvey before Gerrard? Brain dead thing to do.

I've never been somebody who thinks Gerrard is as amazing as he is made out to be but he still pisses all over Shelvey (and the rest in that list!!)

Strainge mate, everytime i saw Shelvey this few minutes, he was playing very good and was very visible during that time.. he´s not yet the player to start, but he got massive talent..great vision and pace.. he´s a bit clumsy and slow sometimes, but he´s got the brain no doubt.. he needs to be loaned and play full season in some PL team like Bolton etc.. i still think he´s got the talent to be Gerrard succesor one day..remember turned 19 just in February..

I've actually quite liked Shelvey pretty much everytime I've seen him for Liverpool. You've also got to remember he's come from Charlton, quite a step-up in quality and he's always going to need time to adjust.

I did stress so far guys. Who knows how he'll end up but as I said, personally I haven't been that impressed so far. People were raving about him and I haven't actually seen him do anything yet.

Time will tell... but getting rid of Gerrard now?! Daft thing to say imo. Each to their own though.

Which Shelvey have you seen mate ? I think he has had a very good first season in PL. He is going to be quality.

in fact Gerrard said himself he´s in best shape of his life now and can´t wait to start new season.. ..

Could you imagine Gerrard saying the opposite, something like: i'm way past it and i think this could be the season too much...

Could you imagine Gerrard saying the opposite, something like: i'm way past it and i think this could be the season too much...

no i would not..but why do you not belive if he say´s so? don´t you think he would say other than this words not to make big expectations of himself.. he was 31 in May.. he will play maaany games for Liverpool untill he retires.. as captain. That´s what i belive..

Which Shelvey have you seen mate ? I think he has had a very good first season in PL. He is going to be quality.

What's he done then? Sweet FA imo. I don't remember him bossing any games. I don't remember him controlling any games. I don't remember him scoring or assisting many either. Nothing stands out to me. He might be pretty neat and tidy but hasn't looked very comfortable when playing imo.

I'm not saying he's not going to be any good as who knows but imo, from what I've seen so far, I haven't been very impressed. Apologies for having a different opinion on somebody.

I hope he turns out to be brilliant though. I'll say again. Time will tell. He will need more time to flourish and get a foothold in the team and then maybe there will be no stopping him.

Main point I was responding to though was somebody saying to sell Gerrard. He is clearly better than Shelvey imo so don't agree with whoever said to get rid.

Cheers.

Surprised by the Shelvey comment. He has hardly played, but whenever he has he's always been energetic and has looked comfortable on the ball. Not sure what you can expect from him coming on for 5-10min. at a time. And the Fulham pass was really good imo.

Back
Top Bottom