Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Replace Jovanovic with Downing, replace Poulsen with Adam, replace Cole with Henderson.

Sounds like a big upgrade to me. Our first team is decent enough, it's our complete lack of competent squad players that's hurt us. And we're clearly working on that as well as building the first team as well.

guys judge everything after end of the window/season

Some tweets by John Henry not long ago...

John_W_Henry John W. Henry
Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

@
@penwhen Very happy, very honored to be a part of all of this. I know it's difficult not seeing what's going on behind the scenes.

@
@JoeJoeLFC I doubt there are many haters, just some very eager to see LFC at the top. Patience is part of a necessary discipline we need.

@
@PortsDave Dave, everything in sports is overpriced now - especially the cost of winning. But you make your choices based on a plan.

@
@LFC_newsnow Who's news now? We already have quite a bit of experience in the club. Should be a good balance.

LFCNigerian Abuh Amodu
@
@John_W_Henry Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

@
@LFCNigerian Abuh, some things happen early and some late. The important thing is that things happen. Sometimes what you avoid is important.

Jonah545711 Simon Jones
@John_W_Henry are we making progress on the new stadium plans?

@
@Jonah545711 Simon, an incredible amount of work has been underway on this issue. It would be helpful for fans to get an official update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replace Jovanovic with Downing, replace Poulsen with Adam, replace Cole with Henderson.

Sounds like a big upgrade to me. Our first team is decent enough, it's our complete lack of competent squad players that's hurt us. And we're clearly working on that as well as building the first team as well.

as long as we keep merieles (i also think we should not be getting rid of good players based on their age and resale value in the future)

you need a mix of maturity(experience) and youth.

as long as we keep merieles (i also think we should not be getting rid of good players based on their age and resale value in the future)

you need a mix of maturity(experience) and youth.

@
@LFC_newsnow Who's news now? We already have quite a bit of experience in the club. Should be a good balance.

Jesus Dags, how can any Liverpool fan judge Jovanovic? How many chances did he have? Did he play 5 entire matches? I don't think so...Maybe on the training ground it was obvious that he was not good enough, but fans can't judge him. He never got a fair chance because the manager who bought him (Benitez) had left when the season begun.

As for Dalglish: i have nothing against him (he is one of my all-time favourite players and i was a Man Utd fan at the time!), but he would not be the first manager who has a calamitous come back after a very successfull first carreer. But i hope he does well because under him Liverpool played very attractive football.

I'm not judging Jovanovic, I actually quite liked what I saw of him and I've probably been one of his bigger fans.

But at the end of the day, Hodgson (in all his infinite wisdom) hardly used him and Kenny didn't use him at all I think? That probably means he's not what we need right now and I'd rather we replaced him with a player who will play rather than an unused player barely making the bench.

Hope I explained what I mean well enough but you probably get what I mean.

I was quite excited to the idea of watching him play in the PL. I too liked what I saw in the WC 2010. Not sure what happened with him behind the scenes. Maybe not used to the weather and needs to adapt. Sad to see good talent go so prematurely.

As for Dalglish: i have nothing against him (he is one of my all-time favourite players and i was a Man Utd fan at the time!), but he would not be the first manager who has a calamitous come back after a very successfull first carreer. But i hope he does well because under him Liverpool played very attractive football.

you forget:
copy_(2)_of_107953220ap019_liverpool_tr.jpg

You will hardly find a better motivator for Liverpool players of any age than best Liverpool player ever + mixed with good tactic mind in Clarke with Chelsea and West Ham experience as assistent coach, they form a gread duo..

That´s why we played much better after Hodgson..

That´s why Spearing played like little Mascherano and we found out we have two new full backs for next 10 years in Flanagan and Robinson in reserves + many great talents on their way.. Like Suso, Coady, Pacheco, Sterling, Wisdom etc..to prove the same in few years (or months) most probably, under good guidance..

So it´s not just Kenny, it´s also apointing Steve Clarke, chainging names in managment inside the club, and i think new medicals etc..

Clarke was just like Vilas-Boas Mourinhos asistent in Chelsea + he´s former player himself.. i belive he was one of the most important singings for Kenny already...

There is already talks about him learning and prepearing to be the successor to Dalglish after this 3 years.. if everything goes well..
Steve-Clarke-left-and-Ken-007.jpg

Btw, according to some news, Chelseas first choice for new manager was Hiddink and gues who they wanted back for his assistent...
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...nd-ex-assistant-steve-clarke-102039-23180159/

Last edited:

Didn't know Clark left for Liverpool. He is quite good at what he does. My expectations for you has just hit a high. If you guys under-perform this season I'd be very surprised.

Paul Clement likely to come in and replace Sammy Lee as coach. Ancelotti spoke very highly of Clement and he seems very well respected for his methods.

Sammy Lee probably get offer from Sam Allardyce to assist him in West Ham..

ianherbs ian herbert
Manchester City close to £7m deal for Gael Clichy, another one that has eluded #lfc tinyurl.com/3jt96o7 #mcfc #afc

I'd be disappointed if we lost out on Clichy, especially for £7m.

If Clichy goes there, it would be for money..since they have already equaly good LB in Kolarov..

I'd be disappointed if we lost out on Clichy, especially for £7m.

Keep in mind although 7mil sounds good, Man City might be willing to pay him higher wage than you guys.

Keep in mind although 7mil sounds good, Man City might be willing to pay him higher wage than you guys.

As well as European football and more likely to challenge for the title. Still disappointing though.

In any case, I'm sure there are other targets :)

I'm sure there are dozens of cheaper and better LB's than Clichy...IMO he was one of Arsenal's weaker players the last seasons.

The thought of seeing Glen Johnson on one flank and Clichy on the other... :LOL:

He´s got a biger competition for his position there and he´s a France international..

ah heck, who am i fooling, it´s just about money this days...

Aquilani looks like he's coming back, saying how excited he is to return etc.

Hopefully he can show the form he had in Italy. Clearly a very good talent, just hope he gets his head right and is over his fitness troubles.

So many players on our books that I keep forgetting we have. Just remembered we have Insua as well! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

i would welcome him back, even if we have enough midfielders basicly..the competition for places is very good for us inside the team..

Any of you guys put together a 25 man squad for next season? It was helpful for me as a United fan to understand just how many had to make way.

You can have as many U21's as you want though, they don't need to be registered?

Either way, I imagine a lot of our squad can (and will) be trimmed. Not sure there'll be much left of our current squad of over 21's that are safe.

The only midfielder in Liverpool that can compete Aquilani is Gerrard. We have arguably more chances of winning the PL with him as a starter.

Liverbird, if Aquilani could be only half as usefull for us than Gerrard next season i will be happy as little kid..

Its great news. More quality in depth. That's what we've lacked for ages.

Liverbird, if Aquilani could be only half as usefull for us than Gerrard next season i will be happy as little kid..
I havent seen Gerrard since 2008/2009. Every season is uncertain the Gerrard that we are going to have.

You can´t see him becouse also the whole 2008/2009 team was underperforming..+ he was injured half of previous season..

How was 2008/2009 underperforming mate ? It was our best season in 20 years !

Back
Top Bottom