Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Enough depression for today. I hope I dont wake up tomorrow with the sale of Meireles and the purchase of Adam.

Adam expected to sign today, Downing to hand in transfer request and Arsenal supposedly put in £18m bid for Mata.

I have hope we get Mata after all..

Arsenal prepeare for Nasri to leave?

Hmm.. If Arsenal offers you Nasri and they take Mata, would you accept?

I think Mata is more suited for our style of passing play... Nasri is more straight going player and taking respinsibility.. he´s in fact perfect for Arsenal i think..

Sounds like the Meireles situation is down to a disagreement over a new contract.

Adam deal also appears to involve Shelvey and Darby going on loan to Blackpool as part of the deal, good experience for both.

Last edited by a moderator:

carroll2020nolan.jpg

tumblr_lnbwgmy7MA1qcbfodo1_500.jpg

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

that alcoholic.

Not too sure, it's ALL over Twitter though. Seems like it could be real to me.

But in saying that, 18m release clause doesn't apply to non-Spanish teams anyway so who knows.

Edit: Source is Daily Mail, pinch of salt then ;)

Actually Nasri and Mata are not that different. Mata is not a classic winger, in fact he tends to go central and his best position is in the hole.

True kinda but still he's definitely more of a 'winger' than Nasri who started as an AMF and always will be a true attacking midfielder even if pretty effective on the sides too though to sheer quality and decent enough pace.

Mata is a leftie of course and more of a real winger/side player but yeah you're right, he can shift inside and play in hole and be given freedom/license to roam around and being the brilliant player that he is, he's pretty dangerous in a number of positions/roles.

If Liverpool were to pull Mata that will be incredible and they seem to put up £££ w/o fear. Arsenal on the other hand are :shiver: Think most of us see Jack stepping into the role its cheaper . Paddy /Fab = Fab/Jack :COAT:

Good point in the link Dags, although I do think the team will need some continental flair to balance out the solid and "ready" signings.

I'd be very surprised if we don't sign one or two from Europe. The European window opens on Friday so I reckon it'll start to move on then.

There hasn't been too many clubs signing players from Europe yet has there? It all seems to be British signings for now really.

i belive we will sort out everything untill we fly to Azia on preseason..

Were is Gerrard going to play under Kenny? Midfield? Winger? or in a 3 in behind the CF? Will you be playing a 4-3-3 most likely like the tail of the season?

We won't know until the season starts and we (hopefully) have all of our signings in place. It looks like we can be quite flexible with our system though as the players we have, and are looking at, are able to play in various positions.

For what it's worth, I think it'll be in the 3 behind the CF.

It'll nice to have options for a change! :)

I don't really agree with the points in that article. Some established Premier League players cant adapt to a new city, team style, etc. Joe Cole, Konchesky and Glen Johnston took a long time to adapt once they moved (indeed the first two are still yet to adapt) - yet all were reasonably sucessfull players in the premier league, the first and last being seasoned internationals. Similarly with Robbie Keane at Liverpool a few years ago, Barry at Man City.

Equally well some foreign players adapt to playing immediately. For instance Hernandez and Man Utd, Gyan at Sunderland. Or looking back at Liverpool a few years ago Luis Garcia had an immediate impact as did Riera (although he was at Man City for 6 months 2 years before joining Liverpool).

I think the article is a bit of a smokescreen to be honest. I think Kenny is getting very little criticism for a highly questionable transfer policy. I would expect most fans to wait for the early results in August and September before really judging him, but this article and all of the financial ones about amoritisation of player fees etc, they all seem to be attempts to justify giving King Kenny more time than other managers have had.

More time? He's been here 6 months and has done a great job, why does anyone need to justify giving him "more time"?

Diego? He's been bigging up England but can't see him at Liverpool for some reason, not sure why.

More time? He's been here 6 months and has done a great job, why does anyone need to justify giving him "more time"?

Because some of his (or maybe Commolli's) transfer activity (both incoming and possible out going) is highly questionable.

So you're saying to sack a proven manager based on speculation?

We haven't even got a third of the way through the transfer window, we've signed one player, sold nobody. But you're saying he should be sacked.

I say let's get rid of FSG and get you in as chairman, your logic is sure to win us the league! ;)

Let's forget his achievements as a player and a manager, he's being linked with players coming in and players leaving, SACK HIM!

:D

Seriously though, which team do you support?

So you're saying to sack a proven manager based on speculation?

We haven't even got a third of the way through the transfer window, we've signed one player, sold nobody. But you're saying he should be sacked.

I say let's get rid of FSG and get you in as chairman, your logic is sure to win us the league! ;)

Let's forget his achievements as a player and a manager, he's being linked with players coming in and players leaving, SACK HIM!

:D

Seriously though, which team do you support?
Chill mate. He never said that Dalglish should be sacked ...

I'm very chilled, I just think that they're some cracking posts suggesting that Liverpool fans are trying to buy Kenny time and stop him from being sacked/abused because of transfers which haven't happened yet.

And even then, of judging those "transfers" before the players have even kicked a ball for Liverpool and Dalglish.

I just find it crazy that so many people are so quick to jump on Dalglish's back. Like the article says, first people were slating him saying he'd been out of the game too long and we only brought him back for sentimental reasons.

He goes on to do a great job with the team, those people slating him have since turned around and said he has done better than they expected ... but now they're having a go about his transfer policy.

Rafa got abuse for signing too many foreigners. Kenny looks at signing some English players and he gets abuse for that too?

This is a crazy world that we live in :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom