Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

If he´s good he will be called back..but unfortunatelly for him, there is competition for that second spot of LB in Robinson..and i don´t think Robinson will be sold.. they are the same age, well..Robinson is even younger than Mavinga..maybe he will be loaned..

but anyway..the first choice LB is not yet in the club...

The Times are saying Villa have accepted Downing wants to leave but want £20m+ for him. I'd tell them to get lost, he's not really worth the £16m we were rumoured to need to pay anyway.

The Times are saying Villa have accepted Downing wants to leave but want £20m+ for him. I'd tell them to get lost, he's not really worth the £16m we were rumoured to need to pay anyway.

Ridiculous prices .....

We should pay 20m and get Mata or Cazorla

or even 12m and get NZogbia....

Nzogbia is the better choice imo. Adds flair and creativity, and spontaneity.

I dig where Villa are coming from. Given his longer contract and similarity, they couldn't really let him go for less than Young could they?

He's two years older so price is declining, it could be argued that makes his price lower.

I can't really see how Young is worth £15m when he only had 1 year on his contract anyway though. It's just the English market being silly again.

If we pay stupid money for Downing when Nzogbia is there for no more than £10m, we need our heads testing.

If we pay stupid money for Downing when Nzogbia is there for no more than £10m, we need our heads testing.

I agree with you. Maybe there's not many of us N'zogbia fans, but its about time he joined a big club. I'd like to see how he'd perform, whether he'd take the opportunity and succeed, or just enjoy the money and flop. I hope it isn't the latter, obviously.

I think that's what Downing has over Nzogbia (based on what I have read/seen). Downing is very solid and will always perform. Nzogbia seems like he could be very temperemental or doesn't have hte mentality to be consistent with a lot of pressure.

Although I'm not that bothered about either, would much rather have Mata (based on nothing mind...)

I agree with that but 20M and take a look around Europe and you'll find far better options than Downing.

garbosj Ian McGarry
Juan Mata transfer info via @BumperGraham. Agent involved in brokering deal says that #LFC and #AFC are bidding for the Valencia winger.

BumperGraham Graham Hunter
Last word on #juanmata today. Unless hard news. Most of u have the clubs correct. Not willing to predict where signs. Offers evnly balanced

Last edited by a moderator:

:SHOCK:

FINALLY, Liverpool have confirmed they've reached an agreement with Blackpool for Charlie Adam and he'll now travel for a medical.

JohnSinnott John Sinnott
Doni's agent Ovidio Colucci tells PA: "We have to ratify details with #Roma-if completed, will join #lfc on a free & sign a 2-year deal."

Glen Johnson has signed a contract extension today as well. Obviously with everyone coming back from their holidays, we're starting to see some action going on.

Glen Johnson has signed a contract extension today as well. Obviously with everyone coming back from their holidays, we're starting to see some action going on.

Even Insua was on this training..

118454008ap013_liverpool_fc.jpg

the full squad is together now, except the guys playing at copa america and Pepe Reina..

So is that Gerrard, Henderson, Adam, Aquilani, Meireles, Lucas, Shelvey all in the same 2 slots or so in the team?

Forgot Poulsen - but surely he's outta there?

Last edited:

why? becouse we signed a player to make our squad better? If so.. i would not say fuck untill i see Adam play for the club..
Up for a bet that one of Aquilani and Meireles is leaving ?

guys we just signed second player without knowing how many of them will be moving out premanently or on loan...

give it a rest..

LFC was to long without depth, now why would we get rid of quality if we need it for long season..?

Only if we manage to get more money for wingers we might sell Meireles or Aquilani..

but my tip is Meireles will be moving out most probably..as both Adam and Henderson are playing on his position...but Aquilani i realy doubt now that we will sell him..

So we lack squad depth for years and years. We sign players to increase the squad ... but people still moan because their favourite player(s) might leave. Yep, people were right. We are a one/two man team after all. Surely we'll get relegated if Aquilani and/or Meireles leaves.

SACK KENNY!

For the people that actually believe that Kenny, you know, actually has a clue about signing players then this is worth a read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ie-adam-liverpool-midfield-options?CMP=twt_gu

Squad depth means more options, less predictable to opposition teams, more versatile in being able to change games, less reliant on star players and being screwed when they get injured.

But I guess that doesn't matter to some people as long as their favourite players are there, who cares about the rest of the squad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, he is totally gonna look just KK in 30 years. Creepy.

Good player. The point I was making about midfield isn't to do with squad depth and so forth, it's to do with keeping people happy.

You can't spend that much on Henderson and Adam without playing them regularly. Same with Carroll and Suarez. So something has to give imo.

It would mean a first team of something like:

-------------Reina------------
-Johnson-Carra--Skrtl---Kelly-
-------------Lucas------------
--------Henderson-Adam--------
------------Gerrard-----------
---------Suarez--Caroll-------

With a hell of a bench: Keeper, Agger, Insua, Meireles, Aquilani, Kuyt, Maxi

Or you drop some of the CMFs and go with width.

Anyway, at least you're signing people, that's gotta be a good sign right?

if Kelly will be fit, it´s Johnson who moves on LB i´m affraid..

the rest is pretty accurate, but i think we will rotate players more now.. + we wait for other singings in and out..

i would welcome this first 11.. if all were 100% fit

-------------- Reina ---------------
Kelly -- Skrtel -- Agger -- Johnson
-------------- Lucas ---------------
-------- Adam ------- Gerrard ------
------------ Aquilani --------------
--------- Suarez -- Carroll --------

I don't understand for one minute why the club are, apparently, trying to offload Raúl Meireles. Replacing Meireles with Adam isn't properly a smart move. Is he better than Meireles or Aquilani? Don't think so. But ok, just my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom