Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

everybody except the club speaks about some replacing... what if they won´t be replaced at all..? just saying..

Would expect the team to be something like this;

Johnson - Carra - Skrtel - LB
--------Lucas---Adam------
Suarez----Gerrard-----Mata
-----------Carrol------------

With Aquilani, Henderson and Shelvey coming in for the CM triangle. Kuyt and Maxi are options for the wide AM 2 with Kuyt also being an option for Carrol. Add another young striker as back-up. You then have Agger and The Greek for CD and Kelly, Johnson and a new LB for the SB positions with either Robinson and/or Flannagen coming in when needed.

Seems like a decently balanced squad if they can add a new leftside.

I'm assuming Meireles will be off.

@ tiktiktik - and to be fair that's a pretty big improvement on the current squad, though I'd imagine it'll be downing not Mata on the left.

Then again, if that all happens it'll be Suarez (25ish), Caroll (35), Adam (10), Henderson (20), Downing (20) all in 12 months - that's City type spending there!

Not factoring in money from sales?

@ tiktiktik - and to be fair that's a pretty big improvement on the current squad, though I'd imagine it'll be downing not Mata on the left.

Then again, if that all happens it'll be Suarez (25ish), Caroll (35), Adam (10), Henderson (20), Downing (20) all in 12 months - that's City type spending there!

Torres (-50)
Babel (-6)

Downing...no way we will pay 20m for him...(15m is also too much)

Mata...well that makes sense..since he is 3 years younger than Downing.

I am glad we have FSG...these guys know their stuff....

:LOL:

After much deliberation and uncertainty, I'm happy with the Adam signing. Not too expensive, great set piece taker, good vision and passing...and the most important thing...fergie wanted him :)

Are you sure Fergie wanted him ? He couldnt have wanted him that much, otherwise he would have stepped in and bought him. Same goes to Harry Redknapp. Both are looking for a playmaker and both have previously stated that like Adam, yet none bid for him.

I don't really believe any talk of Adam to us was anything more than the tabloids putting two and two together and getting five.

Don't really see how he'd fit in when he requires the team to be built around him to prosper, see his spell at Rangers.

Adam deal is either £7.5m according to Blackpool Gazette or £9m according to the Liverpool Echo. Looking at Adam's stats and what he'll offer, I think we've got a decent deal there. Suarez and Carroll should be licking their lips at Adam linking up with Gerrard to supply chances from the middle.

Are you sure Fergie wanted him ? He couldnt have wanted him that much, otherwise he would have stepped in and bought him. Same goes to Harry Redknapp. Both are looking for a playmaker and both have previously stated that like Adam, yet none bid for him.

Spurs did bid in January.

Adam deal is either £7.5m according to Blackpool Gazette or £9m according to the Liverpool Echo. Looking at Adam's stats and what he'll offer, I think we've got a decent deal there. Suarez and Carroll should be licking their lips at Adam linking up with Gerrard to supply chances from the middle.

It's going to be an interesting season. The depth we have now should be able to unlock all sorts of defences.

It's going to be an interesting season. The depth we have now should be able to unlock all sorts of defences.

And we've still got a left winger coming in. Whether it's Downing or Mata, or someone else, we should be able to create from all over the pitch. We've lacked creativity for ages, now we'll have the class from Suarez etc, the strength of Carroll etc, the vision of Adam, the dynamism of Gerrard ... It could be pretty, pretty, pretty good, Larry David style.

And we've still got a left winger coming in. Whether it's Downing or Mata, or someone else, we should be able to create from all over the pitch. We've lacked creativity for ages, now we'll have the class from Suarez etc, the strength of Carroll etc, the vision of Adam, the dynamism of Gerrard ... It could be pretty, pretty, pretty good, Larry David style.

Dags you must be mad! Are you forgetting the aerial prowess, the speed, the agility agility and the skills of
1384676232-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-sunderland-anfield.jpg

stephen1martin Stephen Martin
Shelvey on loan to Blackpool with split wages, Wilson on loan to Rangers, Downing fee should be agreed soon and bid for Dann to be upped.

This lad is supposed to be reliable and worth taking note of. A friend of David Fairclough's son, Tom, so can't see him being another shitty "ITK" but is actually someone who might know stuff.

£7.5mil, are you serious. i thought his corners were worth £10mil alone :o

£7.5mil, are you serious. i thought his corners were worth £10mil alone :o

paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins
RT @SafwanAdam: so we paying 10mill for set pieces? <- No, but 35% of all goals are set-pieces. If you can convert better %, it surely helps

:YES:

Scott Dann? Yes please! Scouser, supporter and could be the next JC

Last edited:

Just read that Liverpool are trying to add Aquilani to a Mata deal for 12mil. Although it was on the rumour forum so could just be some nutter talking bollocks....

With Shelvey moving for a year I guess Spearing will take his place. Forgot about him in my list of players earlier. Think he did enough last season to be back-up for the Lucas/Masch role.

The depth we have now should be able to unlock all sorts of defences.

Besides Carrol the front 6 can all interchange positions which is really good. 7,5mil for Adam could be a very good signing. Will be interesting to see if he can continue and be consistent but you would expect his type of style to be better suited to a better team with more possesion than Blackpool. Especially with our attack from set-pieces being pretty good now.

@ Ryan,

Hoping Mata, but a good LW will do. Downing can also switch wings so would be usefull. And so far it's 28mil. Not much really.

Just remember, I forgot to add Pacheco to the list aswell!!!

Last edited:

I read earlier that, besides Baines, Downing crossed the ball more than any other PL player.

mate any news about Aly Cissokho? according to some news he´s on his way to LFC??

Just the bit above from Ben Lyttleton/France Foot.

I've not seen a single thing of Cissokho that I can remember but heard a LOT of good things about him and that he's one of the hottest prospects in European football at the moment? Saw him linked to Man City a lot before they signed Clichy.

Why would Lyon sell, they only bought him last Summer I think?

They bought him two years ago when he was about to go Milan but didnt go because of some dental problems.

About Adam for 7M it is a good buy. I guess he is on a 40-50 per week so he can be a valuable asset to have on the bench and add quality depth.

stephen1martin Stephen Martin
#LFC second bid for Dann rejected. No idea how much it was and no info on other players. Downing now ready to hand in transfer request.

Hope Insua doesnt go to Roma, Im excited he is back, Ive always been a fan of him.

Back
Top Bottom