Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

BelgoFoot John Chapman

Milan Jovanovic's agent says player is 99% certain to join Anderlecht and 1% to join Lille.

No fee mentioned from what I can see.

Off-topic but if anyone here wants a Google+ invite, send me a PM with your email address.

It's quite sparse at the moment due to it being a limited trial but I think it'll be better than Facebook once it kicks off. Much cleaner, sharper, none of those annoying game posts (Farmville, Cityville etc).

i would but i refuse to add myself another social network.. maybe later :P

haha true, this is a positive of social network.. ;) but.. i mean all the networks that save your actions and could be re-viewed by anyone...

Not convinced we were really interested, more a case of Zapata and his agent using us as a bargaining tool.

M'Baye Niang expected to join us this week.

Very good player, Liverpool could have used him...so Udinese loose two key players in les that 24 hours: Zapata and Inler.

It's quite sparse at the moment due to it being a limited trial but I think it'll be better than Facebook once it kicks off. Much cleaner, sharper, none of those annoying game posts (Farmville, Cityville etc).

Didn't hink of that. All that bollocks does my nugget in. Facebook has it's uses but some people on there are right fucking cocks with all their poor me shit!
Will see how G+ takes off though as only got 3 "mates" on there since yesterday :) Not sure if anybody round by me will move away from FB as can't really see the point of starting all over again.

Anyway...

the thing with our defence and Zapata..i don´t think we needed him that much..

if we sign a defender, it will be probably Dann..

Dann/Skrtel will start most of matches if Agger won´t be fit... if Agger is fit, it will be him and Skrtel/Dann...

i think Carra is still great CB.. so he might play some matches as well.. + we have Ayala back at the club, with Kelly possible CB option and Wisdom promoted to first team..

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, Liverpool's pre-season friendly is live on ESPN tomorrow at 1.00pm GMT.
A chance to see the new signings?

Zapata could have been a great player for Liverpool - tall quick and can play anywhere across the back and use either foot. He's a real organiser at the back too. I doubt he would have been that expensive either.

But I don't think he fits the Kenny / Commoli plan, I imagine they will go for Scott Dann or Roger Johnson if his Wolves deal fails or even someone like Matty Upson now.

Last edited:

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Re: Zapata to Villarreal - despite player's own claims, he was never that close to Bayern or LFC move -AFAIK neither made a formal offer

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Zapata also not a lock to get UK work permit anyway - hasn't been playing for Colombia in Copa which leaves him short of % requirements

JenChang88 Jen Chang
And contrary to belief of people who play FM, Zapata doesn't actually qualify for EU citizenship by Italian immigration law

I don't think your internet guy is correct with what he's typing on myspace or twitter about Zapata not getting a work permit.

For a start the big cut off is if a country is ranked 75th or lower in the Fifa rankings. Colombia is 54th at the moment and hasn't been lower than that in over 15 years. The next criteria is they should have played 75% of the countries competitive games in the last 2 years.

This is easy to examine for Colombia, as looking from 1-Jul-2011 to 1-Jul-2009 they have only played 4 competitive games, all of which were 2010 WC Qual matches, as follows:

05/09/2009 - v Ecuador - no
09/09/2009 - v Uruguay - no
10/10/2009 - v Chile - yes
14/10/2009 - v Paraguay - yes

So he played in 50% (the last two), on the face of it that wouldn't be enough games. However if the player is under 25 and the federation didn't have many matches in the prior 2 years appearance rates below 75% will be considered. Given Zapata only had to have played one more game, I'm pretty sure he would have got his work permit.

If you compare it with the Javier Hernandez situation (when he signed for Man Utd in April 2010): Hernandez had played in friendlies for Mexico (against the likes of Bolivia, NZ and North Korea) but he hadn't played any competitive (i.e. non-friendly) games for the national team (and Mexico had played over 10 games in the CONCACAF 2010 World Cup Quals), yet he was given a work permit in April 2010.

The bottom line is if Liverpool had been serious about wanting Zapata on 1st July 2011 they could have got him and would have been very likely to get a permit. Celtic have just been given a permit for a Kenyan player, Victor Wanyama, who fell below both the 75% and top 75 country criteria. If they had bidded on him on the 1st July and he somehow hadn't got a work permit the deal would have fallen through and his sale to Villareal would have happened anyway.

The whole workpermit stuff is nonsense imo. Some bureaucrat behind a desk is to decide whether a multimillion pound player is "good enough" or not. It's not like these players will go on the dole, is it?

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, Liverpool's pre-season friendly is live on ESPN tomorrow at 1.00pm GMT.
A chance to see the new signings?

AARGHH! the angry baby strikes again. :P Thanx for that Hicksy i didnt know it was on. :COAT: Bloody great timing from me to go back to work,will have to record it.

BelgoFoot John Chapman

DH claims if Milan Jovanovic joins Anderlecht he will be best paid player in Belgium. So he could be on 1.25 to 1.5 million euros per year.

Back
Top Bottom