Liverpool Thread

CWright said:
Its a really fucked up situation, I wish someone at the club would come out and make an official announcement on the whole Owen situation

chill dudes, all it is is that Owen isnt gonna be treated they way GH treated him which is right, if Benitez doesnt think he's good enough to start then he doesnt start, simple as that.

All this stuff about him being transfered is just agents being their usual sneaky selves.

Yeah this situation is messed up now, like only 10m for owen? wtf! if he was a few years older i'd understand. Owen himself should stop messing about and sign a contract exstension with a few clauses(enabling him to go in january or next summer). Seriously we can't let him do a Mcmanaman.

rockykabir said:
Ghazi, u see the second goal by Gerrard that was disallowed by the linesman?!

I remember trying to watch the sport highlights in the US and it was blatant how much they cut out :x Ghazi, u should get BBC america, they'll prob show Match of the Day which by far is the best footy prog at the mo imho :mrgreen:
i have bbc america, thats sweet let me see if i get that show

cal-neva said:
Gazz22 said:
cal-neva said:
This was expected yet unexpected. Looks like we just signed Garcia from Barcelona!

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1147417,00.html

Nice signing. He linked up well with Ronaldinho last year and scored some goals when Barcelona climbed up the table. He is also very fast.

What kind of player is he Gazz? is he like a fast winger able to beat player? Or is he another Danny Murphy?

He is a fast winger. For Barcelona he played on the right although he is left-footed. He likes coming in on his left foot.

Gazz22 said:
He likes coming in on his left foot.

:shock:

sometimes that happens to me if I dont have a tissue handy...

thanks for the info Gaz, hope he can do the business. If we get Alonso, thats 3 spanish players and a spanish manager...hmm.....I'm trying to think of any Spanish players who've done well in the premiership....

cal-neva said:
...hmm.....I'm trying to think of any Spanish players who've done well in the premiership....

How bout that guy at Bolton. . .the ugly dude who looks like Lyndie England (the chick from the Abu Ghraib scandal) with a perm. :mrgreen:

cal-neva said:
Gazz22 said:
He likes coming in on his left foot.

:shock:

sometimes that happens to me if I dont have a tissue handy...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ghazi said:
cal-neva said:
...hmm.....I'm trying to think of any Spanish players who've done well in the premiership....

How bout that guy at Bolton. . .the ugly dude who looks like Lyndie England (the chick from the Abu Ghraib scandal) with a perm. :mrgreen:

Campo?

That doesnt really seem like a lot of money tbh and ive never heard of this right sided player, but i guess its better than them getting nothing in a year?

well exactly but when you think that he was evaluated at 35 million last year it just feels wrong.
We have 3/4 new Spanish midfielders coming into the squad now. I dont really know much about any of them bar Alonso.
hmm......

i must say i am gutted but 8 million plus a couple of players aint bad at all for a player who could walk out on us in 10 months, and for a large part of last season didnt seem to want to play for lfc!plus rafa will know the player/s who r comin as part of the deal from last season!
the rafa revolution has now started and with gerrard and alsonso runnin the show from the middle of the park things wont be so bad without mickey owen after all!

cal-neva said:
I've heard of Juanfran but who is nunez?

Its not the Jaunfran your thinking of I wouldn't think (could be wrong). This is a 19yr old kid not the established Celta Vigo player.

Nunez is again a young midfielder. He's had a decent amount of first team football for Real but not really broken into the team (can't think why ;) )

and with gerrard and alsonso runnin the show from the middle of the park

With the Viera deal on the rocks it looks like Real are eyeing up Alonso aswell. Could be bad news for Liverpool.

One French revolution almost left us headless. Let's hope the inquisition will be stifling the rest of Europe with the Spanish boot and not us.

Im glad owen's gone its a new challenge for him and should kick start hes career. He can also form a great relationship with beckham gotta be good for England!

I'm a bit suprised by the low fee of 8 million, but it is better than letting him leave on a free transfer next season.
I wonder who this Nunez is....heard he's a right winger, then that's not bad, because we don't have one at the minute.
I was hoping we could get Morientes, oh well.
I'm looking forward to Luis Garcia and Alonso, who are both pretty good players. But none of these seem to be confirmed.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the sudden influx of Spanish players.
Not that I'm against it, but it could take them
longer to establish themselves in the Premiership
plus the language barrier.

I can't believe Owen is leaving liverpool .. or rather .. Liverpool is allowing Owen to go out of Anfield like this. Yes I know no player is bigger than the club, but you can't just let go someone as big as him. There has been no official announcement from Liverpool about the status of Owen's contract talks. And I really hope all this drama is only the media's making.

Yep just came here to post the same thing Boro! Personally I think it was a good time for Owen to go - everyone needs change, Owen and Liverpool included!

mathewsss said:
plus the language barrier.

They'll soon catch on, just like Chelsea Benitez will have eveyone speaking english only in the camp.

And yeah I wanna know what this Nunez guy is like, playing wise.

Hopefully we can wrap up the signings of Garcia and Alonso soon.

hi there, you know what hit me the most?
yesterday barcelona signed eto'o for 18 millions £... wtf, is he worth more than twice owen!?
someone's really bein' robbed...

Very bad business by the board. Moores the chairman said after the McManaman fiasco that they wouldnt allow another player to get into the last year of his contract. First McMan for nothing and now Owen for 8 million plust some benchwarmer. disgraceful. What if Cisse or Baros get injured? And it looks like we may not get Garcia now either.
Very dissapointed.

I can`t believe that Liverpool have actually let one of their best players go - what a loss. Word is that L`pool are looking at Vassel . . .

Gutted that Owen's going but no player is bigger than the club. Its also a bit two faced by Owen, one minute he says he likes the new setup and manager and the next minute he's on a plane outta here. £8 milliion is not a lot of cash for one of the top ten strikers but hey, thats our board for you.

In the end though, you cant really blame him. Would you want to play in a team with Diouf, Diao, Traore and Biscan or Zidane, Beckham, Figo, Ronaldo and Raul? Case closed on that.

He helped bring in trophies and get rid of Houllier. He cant be all that bad. Good luck mate.

I just hope we dont get them in the CL draw. Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom