Liverpool Thread

Brilliant Gerrard goal, nice build-up. Its gotta be said, L`pool look a different outfit to what I`ve been used to seeing . . .

ninjabreakz said:
Brilliant Gerrard goal, nice build-up. Its gotta be said, L`pool look a different outfit to what I`ve been used to seeing . . .

Its been a great start and what a corker of a goal by Stevie, 30 yard belter. We do look a completely different prospect from how we used to play under Houllier, there seems to be more of an attacking spark to us and I like it

This is the first time I have seen them play since Benitez joined and its been quite impressive. I do not want to get over excited now but their link up play looks very promising. Kewell is finally showing glimpses of the Kewell we wanted. Gerrard's superb goal tops off his usual dominating play of the half.

But seeing Cisse play, it seems that him and Owen can't play together due to their similarities. A holding striker like Morientes would be ideal :mrgreen:

Lets hope that Benitez doesn't bring Owen on :twisted:

rockykabir said:
This is the first time I have seen them play since Benitez joined and its been quite impressive. I do not want to get over excited now

I dont want to get over excited either but I cant help it, we look so goooooood :D

The C5 commentry is still damn awful - I`m sure he said something about Murphy going to Spurs!!!??? He has joined Charlton, hasn`t he? :roll:

CWright said:
rockykabir said:
This is the first time I have seen them play since Benitez joined and its been quite impressive. I do not want to get over excited now

I dont want to get over excited either but I cant help it, we look so goooooood :D

Ah man! don't tempt me to lose my objectiveness! :twisted: :twisted:
But did u see that link up play between Baros and Kewell near the end!?!
:D :mrgreen: :twisted: =D> 8-[ [-o< =P~ \:D/ \:D/
For you non-liverpool supporters, if you experienced all those years of backwards defensive football like we have, you'll understand why we are gettin so excited about what we're watching!!

FUck - I wanna see this shit.

I tell ya they looked like a different team on the US tour. Swagger baby. Movement and flow. It looked like they were onto something beautiful despite having just started preseason.

CSaw - I think Soccernet may have minute by minute reports.

G-money scored again! How did he score?

Rocky - tell me about the link up b/w Baros and Kewell cuz i am just checking live scores on the net.

Gotta catch highlights tonight. :l

Gerrard scored a BRILLIANT volley in between his 2 goals but it was disallowed. :(

Don't ask why i'm concerned, I really don't know.....

ghazi said:
G-money scored again! How did he score?

Rocky - tell me about the link up b/w Baros and Kewell cuz i am just checking live scores on the net.

Gotta catch highlights tonight. :l

Beautifully.....A Cisse run, pass to Kewell who had a slightly heavy first touch but he then poked it out to Gerrard who lashed it home from 8 yards.

We know its only our first competitive game but we looked like a totally different side to the one we have been seeing for the last 4 years, we were still attacking even after scoring a goal and sat a lot higher up the pitch

foxrocks said:
Owen didn't come one then....

He didnt come on, no. Benitez brought on 2 of the younger players in Potter and Warnock for a run out with about 10 minutes to go

Oh, definitely. If you really do get Morientes and £10million that's a tremendous bit of business for a player who's injured as often as Owen.

I can't believe that Real would want Owen.
He is no where near the player he was 3 years ago, he is always injured, and has zero confidence.

Morientes is coming off a great year at Monaco and yet still Real look to get shot of him. Find this a strange one. Do you think it could have anything to do with the fued between Florentino Perez and Morientes Snr (ex Real President) ?

england22 said:
can anyone tell me where gerrard was playing ?

in his usual cmf/dmf or rmf ??

thnaks

He was playing in centre midfield, but constantly pushing up attacking, hence the 2 goals. As for Owen, I hate all the shit that some people come out with on these forums - he is a HUGE loss for any club, but yes, Morientes and £10 million is great business, as the Spaniard proved his goal scoring ability at Monaco last season.

Yeah, Owen can score goals, he didnt exactly get many chances for the 'pool under GH, yet was still a consistent goal getter . . .same for England, the man is proven quality . . .

loz said:
Yeah, Owen can score goals, he didnt exactly get many chances for the 'pool under GH, yet was still a consistent goal getter . . .same for England, the man is proven quality . . .

I couldn`t agree more.

Owen didnt play. whats the scoop, is he off or what?
Also I've been digging up some stuff on this Alonso guy, he looks a class act.

ninjabreakz said:
england22 said:
can anyone tell me where gerrard was playing ?

in his usual cmf/dmf or rmf ??

thnaks

He was playing in centre midfield, but constantly pushing up attacking, hence the 2 goals. As for Owen, I hate all the shit that some people come out with on these forums - he is a HUGE loss for any club, but yes, Morientes and £10 million is great business, as the Spaniard proved his goal scoring ability at Monaco last season.

Owen will be a great loss no doubt and I still think of him as a fantastic footballer but I think it will be good for him and Liverpool football club for him to go abroad (though I do think he should go to Barca rather than RM) to further develop his game. I don't think theres much to say to that - if he feels that will do him good then my best wishes go out to him ;)

Good news for LFC is that we have already got a good replacement in Cisse :mrgreen:

Owen is a class player no doubt. But styles make fights as they say in boxing, and i think that he is not quite suited for the style that Rafa is bringing. He could be great at it eventually. . .who knows. But at times in the USA, he did look like the odd piece of the puzzle.

I think a change for him would likely be good for the team and for him, as he can get away from some of the pressure and expectations of a home country/crowd.

rockykabir said:
Owen will be a great loss no doubt and I still think of him as a fantastic footballer but I think it will be good for him and Liverpool football club for him to go abroad (though I do think he should go to Barca rather than RM) to further develop his game. I don't think theres much to say to that - if he feels that will do him good then my best wishes go out to him ;)

Good news for LFC is that we have already got a good replacement in Cisse :mrgreen:

Yeah he has been a great servant to the club, best wishes if he goes. I just wish he was more forthright about his plans right now. If we had lost tonight little Micky would have gotten a lot of stick.
Its amazing that this time 2 years ago when he won that ballon d'or thing he was touted at 30-40 million.

Soz Ghazi I couldn't reply earlier.......basically near the end of the first half there was some sideline link up play between Baros and Kewell where Baros back/side heeled the ball to Kewell which destroyed the Graz's defence.

Admittedly Graz AK were quite dreadful and clearly doesn't have the same spending power as LFC so it'll be stupid to say we are gonna win the league from this showing but it was the mentality and style with which we played got me excited - Very rarely (if ever) have I seen a recent liverpool defence play so high up the field and so positively (except poss in the UEFA cup final).

But Man! I have to say I'm very excited looking at the future prospects - But the next 2-3 months will be crucial. If Rafa can get some good signings and maintain this form in the EPL, then we are looking at something special.........

:lol: [-o< =P~ =P~ [-o< :lol:

Back
Top Bottom