Liverpool Thread

i wonder what rafa thinks about selling murphy
with smicer out for half a year, who gonna cover for midfield
for now its just biscan, diao and several youngsters

i stopped playing we8 with liverpool because of that lol

id have owen , cisse (wf) , baros in attack with kewell gerrard (rmf) and hamman

and it wouldnt feel right without a right sided player such as murphy or diouf or smicer or le tallec for that matter.

Well this has sprung up in the papers quite a bit, but if there's an £5m+ for Hamann Benitez will allow him to leave.

Luis Garcia and Xabi Alonso are top targets at the moment, like said Benitez knows who he wants but he's just being quiet on it at the moment.

liverpool deperatley need a right midfielder!! and ive heard that liverpool are interseted in "huddlestone's" attacker... (or a club with a same name like that.. Huddle????)

Sabac Red said:
Well this has sprung up in the papers quite a bit, but if there's an £5m+ for Hamann Benitez will allow him to leave.

Luis Garcia and Xabi Alonso are top targets at the moment, like said Benitez knows who he wants but he's just being quiet on it at the moment.

Either of those would be absolutely excellent.

I think Benitez slipped up there. We should have gotten Carr. This Josemi better be good.

kms53 said:

You know what? If Owen want s to go then fine. I'm sick of him holding the club to ransom every year. Plus his performances in recent times for England and us have been a shadow of his former self.
I also think that under Benitez we will play a more possesion-based passing game which might not suit Owen who lives off long balls and flick ons.
Houllier based the team-tactics around Owens style and it didnt work, it looked naive and dated, especially when we were thrashed by Benitez's Valencia side. I'd feel more than confident with Cisse and Baros up front, or with the money from an Owen sale we should try to get Robbie Keane and a class central defender and a right midfielder like Rosicky.
If he wants to stay and be part of a great new era fine, if not then its better he leaves now when we can get a decent price for him.

I would love to see Rosicky join up, and he wants to leave Dortmund. His asking price is about $15 million from what I heard yesterday on tv.

murphy to spurs is off. we couldnt gurantee him a first team spot.

rosicky or xabi alonso would be absolutly awesome signings. i cant see you guys winning the league this year but imo you definately have the potential to break the top 3.

ghazi on planetfootball.com or goal.com it said porto had a 16mill euro bid accepted for rosicky but he turned them down.

So what happens now, will he be happy with us or will we just try and flog him to the next club to come in with a bid?

I'm sure he's talkin to other clubs anyway, two that were mentioned are Everton and Charlton.

loz said:
I'm sure he's talkin to other clubs anyway, two that were mentioned are Everton and Charlton.

I dont think that Everton have any spare cash at the mo, a move to London is on the cards for him then

faiers said:
ghazi on planetfootball.com or goal.com it said porto had a 16mill euro bid accepted for rosicky but he turned them down.

Thanks, chief. They should have alot of fun spending Chelsea's money. ;)

i too hope that owen gets sold... we dont need him with Cisse.. Baros.. Pongolle.. I really hope rosicky joins us... his performance in the Euro was terrific... but i think liverpool should play riise as a left midfielder and move harry kewell to a left-center midfielder in a 4-4-2... and rafa should try to get Udinese's Marek Jankulovski... who also had a great performance with the Czech's Republic!!

kms53 said:
i too hope that owen gets sold... we dont need him with Cisse.. Baros.. Pongolle.. I really hope rosicky joins us... his performance in the Euro was terrific... but i think liverpool should play riise as a left midfielder and move harry kewell to a left-center midfielder in a 4-4-2... and rafa should try to get Udinese's Marek Jankulovski... who also had a great performance with the Czech's Republic!!

It's scary, but I could have written the exact same things as you did. Love Janko and think maybe Owen should be sold. Go get an impact player for the right flank.

does anyone here want duff to join us?? and... do you think chelsea would loan us duff?? because they've got robben...

ghazi said:
kms53 said:

It's scary, but I could have written the exact same things as you did. Love Janko and think maybe Owen should be sold. Go get an impact player for the right flank.

the only prob is that janks is going to juventus... for about 10 mil... i just hope the deal breaks down or something and rafa gets him... let's all just HOPE!!

ghazi said:
kms53 said:

i dont know him in real life... but in Championship manager... he is one of the best right midfielders... Stephen Pearson... he is young and in the game i found him in motherwell... i dont know where he currently is (i think in celtic)... but he would be a good buy for us...

Hasnt the new manager already expressed his concern at the small size of the squad? I really hope the guy knows what hes doing but at the mo its worrying me slightly

wow that's a really great idea
kewell and wright-philips down the flanks?? would be great :twisted:

I wonder if this Owen to Real business is indicating Perez has given up on Vieira?

Personally, I'd take 10 million and Morientes for Owen without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom