Liverpool Thread

gerd said:
Is it the first year that Amazing plays for Celtic, never heard of the guy, did he scored a good goal????

Oh and i think that Cisse will prove to be the top transfer in the EPL in a few seasons he will be better than Henry...he will be Amazing...

So what you're saying is that Cisse scored for Celtic under the alias of 'Amazing'? Amazing!

I must say that you scousers play better attacking football under Rafael Benitez,its almost scary.You lot have one of the best strikeforce in the premiership in Owen,Cisse,Baros and Sinama.

Mr Fox, it would be 'Amazing', however as Gerd already said he'll be the top transfer in the EPL which stands for English Premier League which last I looked doesn't involve Celtic. :roll:

FD

Man. . .I still have a boner from last nights game.

Yeah, yeah. . I know its an exhibition and its vs semi-starting lineup of Celtic, but it was beautiful to watch. Cisse running with a full head of steam reminded me of Walter Payton blazing down the sideline. he an Murphy looked great together. Defense looked solid, and Pongolle looked like he's decided to not just be a part of the game, but to MAKE the game when given the chance.

He looked all grown up. hehe.

I loved what I saw, and it seemd like the whole team has a spiritual rejuventation.

i hope they carry it into the season cuz it could be sick sick sick!!

ghazi said:
Man. . .I still have a boner from last nights game.

Yeah, yeah. . I know its an exhibition and its vs semi-starting lineup of Celtic, but it was beautiful to watch. Cisse running with a full head of steam reminded me of Walter Payton blazing down the sideline. he an Murphy looked great together. Defense looked solid, and Pongolle looked like he's decided to not just be a part of the game, but to MAKE the game when given the chance.

He looked all grown up. hehe.

I loved what I saw, and it seemd like the whole team has a spiritual rejuventation.

i hope they carry it into the season cuz it could be sick sick sick!!

hahaha !!
I felt very much the same.
Liverpool are no longer playing silly long balls all over the park.
We look a much better team by keeping possession and using pass & move football. The players look up for it.
Even Igor Biscan looks a better player.
Heard Benitez saying that he feels we still need to keep more of the ball.

Riise's long ball to Owen was Gerrard-esque and his blast was Hamann-esque. I had no idea he was like a chameleon.

gerd said:
england22 said:
Full time

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

Riise
Owen
CIsse
Henchoz
Cisse

Amazing.

Is it the first year that Amazing plays for Celtic, never heard of the guy, did he scored a good goal????

Oh and i think that Cisse will prove to be the top transfer in the EPL in a few seasons he will be better than Henry...he will be Amazing...

I couldnt care less who scored for celtic to be honest really.

it was Craig Beattie i think.

With, at last a decent manager, and some decent new players, I predict a sucessfull season for Liverpool, their best in years perhaps.

The burning question is who will start up front for Liverpool?

Baros, Cisse, Owen, Pongolle? Two at most.

Baros and Owen... If they put CIsse in Baros place i would laugh... and if liverpool was my favorite team i would cry lol

england22 said:
gerd said:
england22 said:
Full time

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

Riise
Owen
CIsse
Henchoz
Cisse

Amazing.

Neither do i, i was just taking the piss out of you...and boy i enjoyed it...it's nothing personally...in fact i think you guys will be the surprise package next season...next year you will play the CL again...

I quite understand you enthusiasm but i decided to make a litle bit fun of it, shame you don't understand it...well, next time better.

Reports in the papers this morning claim that Barca made an offer to take Cisse on loan a week after he signed for us. Why did they think we would take them up on that?

Yeah that is totally absurd, what in the hell are they on? That was a total insult.

It is still reported that Baros may still go if the right offer comes in, so Barca can put in a fresh bid for him(not a loan).

The burning question is who will start up front for Liverpool?

Well Owen will be a definite starter and Benitez said he might rotate the other three around depending on who's performing the best.

In the first few games I think he will rotate all the strikers, I dont think even Owen is a guarenteed starter. It will be a case of who impresses the most when given their chance

Yeah he's doing that with the rest of the squad, i'm still hoping he just gets rid of the players who still haven't delivered and won't like Diouf, Diao, Smicer, Traore etc.

Wasnt this the same policy that got GH the sack?

and all this talk of a great manager, he's only had a few pre-season games, all seems a bit premature to me?

loz said:
Wasnt this the same policy that got GH the sack?

and all this talk of a great manager, he's only had a few pre-season games, all seems a bit premature to me?

FSP has shown some nice potential but I don't think he should be rotated in as much as Baros, Owen, and Cisse. I think a solid rotation of those 3 should satisfy all of them for playing time. I guarantee that Owen pics up an injury as well, and then FSP can rotate into the trio for a while.

Reports earlier on today stated that Kewell and Smicer had picked up injuries and would miss the start of the season. I can thankfully confirm that Kewell is fully fit and trained today and Smicer will defo miss the start of the season.

Not all bad news then ;)

gerd said:
england22 said:
gerd said:
england22 said:
Full time

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

Riise
Owen
CIsse
Henchoz
Cisse

Amazing.

Neither do i, i was just taking the piss out of you...and boy i enjoyed it...it's nothing personally...in fact i think you guys will be the surprise package next season...next year you will play the CL again...

I quite understand you enthusiasm but i decided to make a litle bit fun of it, shame you don't understand it...well, next time better.

lol it was what 3 in the morning ? i wouldnt have understood a joke if it bitchslapped me in the face. Whatever.

I really hope we do end up being the suprise package lol

I am a Man u fan but i have to admit tho Liverpool never quite live up to expectation(i aint blasting Liverpool) this season i feel will be different with Benitez turning you in to a 'New' Valencia strong at the back and midfield but unlike Valencia you have world class strikers so good luck for the new season i think you will be up ther this year.

I would be fun having 5 teams battling out for the championship!

:mrgreen:

cal-neva said:
Riise's goal was a cracker!! Also Cisse's goals were awesome.
I'm 'officially' excited about the new season.

I was officially excited when the new manager came in and we signed Cisse, heres hoping for a great season

We've got AK Graz in CL qualifying.

Spending may be over for hard-up Reds

Chief executive Rick Parry has admitted Liverpool may have spent their last penny in the transfer market this summer after Josemi's arrival.

So far this summer, the Reds have spent £14m on striker Djibril Cisse, and £2m going to Malaga for defender Josemi.

Benitez is trying to sign another central defender, but that could be the limits of his spending, certainly before the Champions League third qualifying round.

Parry admits that it is the example set by Greece, Porto and Valencia in making the best of what they have rather than spending huge amounts like Chelsea, who have now taken their summer buying spree to £90m.

Parry said: "We are more than conscious that there is a big, big gap between us and Arsenal and that's not going to get turned around overnight.

"You do not just click your fingers and suddenly it is right. A degree of patience is going to be required from everybody but what you do feel is we are very much on the right lines.

"I think we have seen this year that it's not just about money. You look at Greece in the European Championships and the likes of Porto, Monaco, Marseille and, to an extent, Valencia.

"They are by no means the richest names in Europe and Rafa's philosophy is all about building teams. Of course it's about players but it's also about building teams.

"I think we are moving into the era of the team as opposed to the era of the star and that has to be the way forward.

"If you don't have the money to compete with Real Madrid and Chelsea, and who does, then you have to approach it slightly differently."

Whatever happened to that £30m that Houllier was goig to be given to spend on new players?

Maybe taking the investment from the Thai's or Morgan wouldn't have been so bad afterall.

Ditto.

Fuck. I was hoping they would nab a couple other players to beefen the squad. what they have is great, but with the demands and injury risks obvious in league, cup, and Euro play, it would be nice to see some more depth as well as quality for the middle and rear.

Still, if anyone knows how to fashion a good squad into a great team, its Rafa. And Porto, Monaco, Depor, and Greece showed the importance of coaching and teamwork over spending.

. . . but still. . have you guys seen Chelski? I know its the US preseason tour and all, but they look downright scary. :shock: I think their reserves may be better than their starters! LOL.

As long someone besides Arsenal or ManU win the league or the Cup, that for me is a vicoty of sorts.

Liverpool Football Club today received a massive boost when the city council granted planning permission for a new 60,000-seater stadium to be built in Stanley Park.

The decision was made after much deliberation at the Town Hall just after lunchtime and followed an 8am inspection of the new site by members of the council's planning committee.

The new stadium - set to retain the Anfield name - will not only enable a further 15,000 fans to see the Reds in action every time they play at home but will also kick-start a whole regeneration project in north Liverpool.

A 150-page planning application was submitted by the club in October 2003 and details how Stanley Park will benefit from the construction of the new ground and how the current stadium site will be transformed into a public plaza surrounded by apartments, offices, bars and restaurants and a hotel.

Apparently the cost is around 80 million, no wonder we aint got any more spare cash

You guys lost to Porto 1-0 through Carlos Alberto. 85' mins or something, i watched the game, it was quite close.

man i wish carlos alberto had played more... he is sick when he has time and freedom to play the way he wants... he just stops the ball and can get by any defender... a really good player

forgot to mention I love the way Baros play... one of my favorite strikers these days:)

Back
Top Bottom