Liverpool Thread

good match by Liverpool today against Celtic. I got tickets to go see them against ROMA when they come to New York. hehe .. looking forward to it!

eatontj said:
Any sites to link to for videos of the goals?

Nevermind, went to a buddies house a saw the match on FoxSportsWorld (right now I'm without real television as I'm moving to a different house) and wow, what a great game for Liverpool.

Benitez has changed the entire style of play in only a month's time and things are looking much better. 'Pool are better at defending despite dedicating less players to the back because of a much more even defensive responsibilities for the entire squad. This, and the change to pass/move enables Liverpool to FINALLY use their offensive power. Nice to see.

The FSW commentators compared Liverpool (the way they played tonight) to the Brazillian national team after watching the first 30 minutes with individual flair, pass/move, and proper linedrive switches mixing superbly in a free-flowing attack.

Great stuff. Biscan looked very effective and I think he will be the proper replacement for Hamann when Didi decides to hang it up. Ciise looks so dangerous and his pace against Celtic was blistering. Everyone else played very well linking up together. The only disappointments for me where Kewell (who hasn't looked as good as he used to since his ankle injury... I wouldn't be surprised if he had to retire early in his career if he picks up another knock) and Diao. Kewell wasn't bad, but (based on just 1 game) a Murphy/Smicer duo might be best. Diao was very average and looked the worst on the pitch. Very poorly timed tackling and subpar passing resulted in giveaways, freekicks, and a penalty.

Anyway, I absolutely loved Liverpool's new look. Choosing a first 11 will be difficult.

Sounds like it was a great game, I wasnt gonna stay up til 1am just to try and log onto the Liverpool website in order to watch it. Sounds like we are already working differently under the new manager

I watched the game on TV, Liverpool were very good with nice passing & movement, long spells of possession and they look a totally new team.
the players look so much more confident.
Benitez has started off superbly, the team are playing
great with a winning mentality and confidence.
Cisse looked good, so did the other 3 strikers.
This team's play looks much closer to Valencia than the Liverpool under Houllier.

CTSM106072623_1024x768.jpg
CTSM104072623_1024x768.jpg

foxtrot_yankee said:
Looks like we've nothing to fear about the oncoming season.
Our starting line-up:

Hedman - not first team
Laursen - not first team
Valgaeren - not first team
Cuthbert - not fucking second team!
Varga
Thompson - first game of pre-season after injury
Pearson
McNamara
Fernandez - not first team
Hartson
McGeady - not first team

I've not seen the game, from what I'm told 5-1 is a fair result. It's a blow to be hammered like that, but when you're playing 6 reserves against practically a full-team, and your manager hasn't been there for a while, it doesn't surprise me.

It is disappointing to lose again, but it's only a friendly at the end of the day, don't count your chickens yet.

ClassicD said:
foxtrot_yankee said:
Our starting line-up:

Hedman - not first team
Laursen - not first team
Varga
Pearson
McNamara
Hartson
McGeady - not first team

I've not seen the game, from what I'm told 5-1 is a fair result. It's a blow to be hammered like that, but when you're playing 6 reserves against practically a full-team, and your manager hasn't been there for a while, it doesn't surprise me.

It is disappointing to lose again, but it's only a friendly at the end of the day, don't count your chickens yet.

Don't rise to it CD, you see how desperate they are getting creaming themselves over a goal in a friendly against Fulham!?!

(Sorry for hijacking your thread) ;)

england22 said:
Full time

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

Riise
Owen
CIsse
Henchoz
Cisse

Amazing.

Is it the first year that Amazing plays for Celtic, never heard of the guy, did he scored a good goal????

Oh and i think that Cisse will prove to be the top transfer in the EPL in a few seasons he will be better than Henry...he will be Amazing...

gerd said:
england22 said:
Full time

Liverpool 5-1 Celtic

Riise
Owen
CIsse
Henchoz
Cisse

Amazing.

Is it the first year that Amazing plays for Celtic, never heard of the guy, did he scored a good goal????

Oh and i think that Cisse will prove to be the top transfer in the EPL in a few seasons he will be better than Henry...he will be Amazing...

:mrgreen: LOL........thought Henrik was back there. :mrgreen:

FD

foxtrot_yankee said:
Like you wouldn't cream if it was Hartson with a tremendous overhead kick.
But then... he's incapable of doing such a technique.

:lol:

That would'nt be like the one he scored against Dundee season before last then? ;)

Can all the Scots please leave this thread now, nothing to see here

CWright said:
Can all the Scots please leave this thread now, nothing to see here

What if we said no? ;) :D

A good performance by Liverpool Cisse was excellent, Owen looked sharp. Think this could be a much better season for you.

CWright said:
nothing to see here

Everybody knows that Liverpool has been playing shite football for the last 5 or 6 seasons Cwright, no need to tell us...we know...

But it will all change now will it...another colourless 4th or 5th place and out in the Uefa Cup (after a CL disaster) against Rangers or worse....

And since i'm Belgian....

I watched the game until about 52 minutes, I mean i stayed up all night waiting for the 8AM kickoff in hong kong, and i was getting tired and i fell asleep at about 9::05PM. Next thing i know its 7PM, the next day. I missed work and everything, but Riise's goal was nice.

fd1972uk said:
Foxy - What in the earth are you doing with a goal in a friendly as your sig?

Why not?
If there's another great goal against Spurs tonight, I may change it to that.

I'm sensing a huge amount of jealousy from the 'tic supporters here. :mryellow:

Well FD i strongly sympathize with ethnic minorities especially if they are discriminated by neo-colonial donkeys who are longing back for (very) past glory....one tend to like to rub them with their noses in it....
It's not that i don't like Liverpool, i like small clubs...

gerd said:
[

Yep his second goal was very Henryesque, looks like defenders have another frenchman to fear this season.

Josemi will be joining up with the squad soon.

EssDub said:
ClassicD said:
foxtrot_yankee said:
Our starting line-up:

Hedman - not first team
Laursen - not first team
Varga
Pearson
McNamara
Hartson
McGeady - not first team

Don't rise to it CD, you see how desperate they are getting creaming themselves over a goal in a friendly against Fulham!?!

(Sorry for hijacking your thread) ;)

The Celtic fans cannot handle the fact that an English Premiership club whipped their ass.

Back
Top Bottom