Liverpool Thread

All that I can find are ones of Cisse and a shot of the new manager...

LivWrex3.jpg

LivWrex1.jpg

LivWrex2.jpg

LivWrex4.jpg

Rafael Benitez has announced a 23 man squad for Liverpool's three game tour of America and Canada.

The Reds are set to play three matches against Celtic, Porto and Roma as part of the prestitious Champions World series as they step up their preparations for the new Premiership campaign.

Liverpool's Euro 2004 stars, including Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Milan Baros and Dietmar Hamann, will all experience their first taste of pre-season action in the States while youngsters Zak Whitbread, Stephen Warnock and Paul Harrison have also been included in the travelling party.

Liverpool's 23 man squad for the tour is:

J Dudek
C Kirkland
P Harrison
S Finnan
J Carragher
S Hyypia
S Henchoz
D Traore
J A Riise
S Warnock
Z Whitbread
S Gerrard
D Hamann
D Murphy
S Diao
I Biscan
A Le Tallec
V Smicer
H Kewell
M Owen
D Cisse
F Sinama Pongolle
M Baros

I think us fans can look forward with some optimism, with a clean break the new manager can give us.
Remember that Houllier's system did not suite many of our players.
Maybe Benitez, who is a far more technical coach will make this team better football and bring
out the best out of the average players.
I like the fact that he's giving the youngsters a chance. Who knows, maybe we can find the next Gerrard or Owen.

Josemi 'couldn't refuse' Liverpool offer

Malaga defender Josemi has claimed Rafael Benitez had returned to Spain to make him his first signing since becoming Liverpool manager.

Josemi played in Malaga's friendly against German side Nurnberg on Friday night before negotiations were completed on a deal reported to be worth £2.8m.

The 24-year-old Josemi then left Malaga's pre-season training camp in Switzerland and flew back to Spain, where he described the move to Anfield as "an offer I couldn't refuse''.

The tough defender, booked 10 times last season, is thought to have agreed a four-year deal and will jet out to the USA to join the Reds on their pre-season tour.

He said: "I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this.

"Now everybody has to be happy, because it's proud moment for everybody connected with me.

"It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Yesterday I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well."

Josemi, who is able to play at right-back and in the centre of defence, began his career at home-town club Torremolinos before moving along the coast to Malaga as a teenager.

He has since moved through the ranks at La Rosaleda and is now considered a future Spain international.

Josemi had been linked with moves to Real Betis and Atletico Madrid, but after being linked with Malaga's Miguel Angel, Alexis, Juan Calatayud and Josemi, Benitez stepped in to sign the latter.

"I wasn't expecting the move,'' admitted Josemi, who could slot in alongside Sami Hyypia at the heart of Liverpool's defence after Benitez warned Barcelona off the Finnish international.

"But this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant. For me, it's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team, I have to take advantage of it.

"I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient.''

Supposedly Benitez strongly wants to make his next signing Ayala aswell...

Any news on rosicky?

Is Benitez following up GH's interest in signing the player?

Now he would be a great signing !

All defenders is fine by me. If I had to choose between plugging up the defense with skillful athletic defenders or finding the perfect right midfielder... I go with the defenders every time.

I love Benetiz so far.

Yeah Josemi seems like a good signing due to him being versatile and not costing very much.

In other news -

French starlet Anthony Le Tallec has been told he can go out on loan to get some game-time this season.

The 20-year-old hardly featured at all during his first season at Anfield, and new boss Rafael Benitez has already indicated he can expect more of the same this time around.

Subsequently, he has been left behind for the Reds' tour of the United States in order to find a new club, with a return to France looking the most likely option.

Said Benitez: "He is currently back in Liverpool and agents are working on his behalf to find the best club for him.

"We have four good forwards here. He is only 20 years old and perhaps it is good for him to go elsewhere in order to gain more experience.

"If we return home and he still hasn't found a club, then I'll be happy for him to stay because I am happy with him. He's a good player and played very well against Wrexham.

"At his age, though, it's important to play and I understand his decision. The idea is, he goes away, plays more games and comes back a better player. If it works out like that it will be good for the player and for the club."

My God I cannot wait to watch them tonight. Especially after shelling out hard cash for that absurd ManU display in Chicago.

Any truth to these (wonderful) rumors that SW Phillips could leave City and join Liverpool. Allegedly Keegan and Co. are balking at inking him to a long term deal.

I just might die and go to heaven if that happens. . . or live and go to Anfield. :mrgreen:

ghazi said:
Any truth to these (wonderful) rumors that SW Phillips could leave City and join Liverpool. Allegedly Keegan and Co. are balking at inking him to a long term deal.

I just might die and go to heaven if that happens. . . or live and go to Anfield. :mrgreen:

Its been a long running rumour that one, we will just have to wait and see what the new man has up his sleeve

CWright said:
ghazi said:

Its been a long running rumour that one, we will just have to wait and see what the new man has up his sleeve

Hopefully its a 5'4 inch wizard with the heart of lion and the pace of a jackrabbit. My buddy is in Manchester on vacation and I emailed him to cancel my order for a SWP ManCity jersey until further notice. Praying. . .
[-o<

Hey guys, I`ve been away for months, so excuse my questions if you`ve already replied to them.

What do you scousers make of the new coach?

from what he has done with the signing and who he wants rid off, i like him so far

but on another note... has anybody got an E-season ticket on lfc.tv and if so...whats it like...is the live coverage of games good, with no lag/stutter or anythin?

what you mean some swiss defender ?

medjani ? (dont know where he comes from)
henchoz ?

4-0 over celtic .. HAPPY DAY !!

Back
Top Bottom