Liverpool Thread

Well there better be a good season in store. . .my fantasy team has a Liverpool player in each third of the field.

So Gerrard said he would stay but he wanted 3 big signings not including Cisse. We havent signed any big players, instead we've actually lost one.
Nunez is nothing special. why sell deadwood if you're only gonna bring in more deadwood?

I just keep repeating to myself, "The manager knows what hes doing, the manager knows what hes doing...." You wouldnt do something this half arsed in your first 2 months in a new job just to make an impact, or would you...

I dunno Chris, I hear what youre saying, I mean he is definitely going in the right direction football wise, but whats the point if you havent got the players to play the football? Fact of the matter is we havent got the squad right now to even come near Manure, Arsenal, and Chelsea. Actually put Newcastle in there as well, they have had a brilliant summer in the transfer market.
Tell you what got me today, when I heard we were getting Nunez as cover for Smicer on the right?? We've no discernable cover for anyone else bar the right back and goalkeeping positions.
I'm worried.

cal-neva said:
I dunno Chris, I hear what youre saying, I mean he is definitely going in the right direction football wise, but whats the point if you havent got the players to play the football? Fact of the matter is we havent got the squad right now to even come near Manure, Arsenal, and Chelsea. Actually put Newcastle in there as well, they have had a brilliant summer in the transfer market.
Tell you what got me today, when I heard we were getting Nunez as cover for Smicer on the right?? We've no discernable cover for anyone else bar the right back and goalkeeping positions.
I'm worried.

I'm echoing this, Xabi Alonso would calm this a bit, but Nunez seems a step backwards for me. Juanfran would have been nice, Morientes or Eto'o before they were scuppered would have been excellent.
But Nunez just doesn't seem the type of player you throw in to a deal where we only receive £8m for Michael Owen.
On the other hand, Rafa knows Spanish football much more than I do, so I'm trusting him until I see otherwise.

liverpool were interested in colocini (something like that)... and i think liverpool are on the verge of signing SWP.. but sadly i think Xabi Alonso is going to real... because madrid said it was either viera or alonso... but if viera doesnt enter madrid alonso will... so alonso wont enter.. :(

i dont think he's worse than nunez... he was once called a Whiz-Kid... he might be a great youngster...

kms53 said:
liverpool were interested in colocini (something like that)... and i think liverpool are on the verge of signing SWP.. but sadly i think Xabi Alonso is going to real... because madrid said it was either viera or alonso... but if viera doesnt enter madrid alonso will... so alonso wont enter.. :(

SWP would make my life. But so far I have only heard rumors. Are you onto something we dont know? :l

if xabi and SWP come to the club we will have the best midfield in the premiership.. Left: kewell.. Center: gerrard and alonso.. Right: SWP.. what do you think the defence would be against totenham?

I'm just hoping that we can hold things up til Benitez can go out and add new players to the squad. As for Nunez well erm lets hope that Benitez can do a Wenger with him.

Things are pretty bleak at the moment, smaller clubs below us have better squads.

CWright said:
Our new squad numbers have now appeared...

No sign of Nunez in that ? Will have have number 10 ? Or maybe 14.

Dont really think Nunez will set the world alight but the manager is Spanish so maybe he knows something we dont.

Your attack isnt that bad, Cissé and Baros are potentially one of the best pairings in the Premiership. Its a shame you dont have someone like Litmanen as back up but Pongolle isnt too bad.

Coloccini is a world class player, a great young defender - cant understand why Milan dont play him more regularly.

Who is SWP ? Shaun Wright Phillips?

same old bullshit again from liverpool, take a 1-0 lead and defend it for 45 friggin minutes, i hope things change for next match, im very disapointed, the only good thing to come out out the game was Josemi who was impresseive at the back, cisse looked half decent and the rest were average, if not poor.

I just watched the Spurs v L`pool match. I have to say, I would be slightly concerned if I was a Liverpool fan right now - I don`t think Baros will make the mark in the Premiership. Cisse is class, but who else can come in? That Pongolle guy - poor. I think 2 or 3 BIG NAME players need to come to Anfield - obviously a striker, a defender and definatley a midfielder. There is no depth in the squad - I have never heard of most the L`pool players that sit on the bench. Worrying times at Anfield . . . .

Pool lacked a playmaker just like united...but we got giggs and scholes at that department for now...They looked dead after taking off Cisse...sure its just the first game...but they too seriously need back up strikers and midfielders.I'm sure we'll hear this again,but you lot is gonna feel Owen's loss.

I was very surprised to see Finnan as right wing...
5 defenders, Hamann (who stands still right in front of 'em) and then you even substitute your strikers...

This is not the way he won two Ligas and a UEFA Cup!

I never thought I`d see this picture . . . .

496.jpg

It will be good for England in the long run, so I`m happy ;)

Finnan is not a right winger and the sooner we find one the better. Kewell just doesnt seem to be the player he was at Leeds, what happened to that player who used to skip round defences? Baros just lacked that spark today, he could have had at least a goal but couldnt steer it round the keeper.

We did sit back on a lead again and I think that in time we wont be doing that, it may take a few games to break that habit as we have been doing it for so long

we just havent got the squad to compete at the highest level. Simple as that. We'll be lucky to get 4th again and Gerrard will definitely be off. The only thing I can see saving us is 3 world class signings, not more deadwood.
Very worrying times at Anfield.

the first half was promising .. kewell was asleep half the time..

same old shi* without owen (not a big difference)

dissapointment

i heard SWP is signing a new 4-year deal with man city :(... so that means he isnt coming to the Kop... :(.. and xabi alonso will snub liverpool for real.. who will rafa pick?!

First game meh, I can see Benitez rectifying his mistake. But in all serious it is worrying that on the bench we have no quality what so ever.

Papertalk has it that we're looking to sign Mista(with him being in Owen's situation) or Angel(Villa could use the cash to bring in Beattie).

Real Sociedad have turned down £12million from us so far but their hopes of an auction have now been hit as Real target Argentinian Javier Mascharenas. If that move falls through then I wouldn't be suprised if Benitez went for either Albelda or Baraja, Rosicky or Aimar would be nice aswell.

The Garcia deal is still in talks, Benitez says that he won't panic buy.

Back
Top Bottom