Liverpool Thread

"We are all desperately disappointed for Antonio because this injury has come at such a bad time for him," stated Liverpool spokesperson Ian Cotton.

No shit Sherlock :roll:

Ditto, lets hope it's not too serious.

Looks like Finnan ain't going nowhere now...could we try to sign another player on the cheap or loan...?

Looks like Kuffour, Ghanian defender from Bayern Munich is the next signing.

Solid player.

Some articles say Garcia is a left-sided player (as he is left-footed) but other articles say Garcia prefers the right side so he can cut in and shoot...

Does anyone actually know?

EatonTJ said:
Some articles say Garcia is a left-sided player (as he is left-footed) but other articles say Garcia prefers the right side so he can cut in and shoot...

Does anyone actually know?

Nobody knows, I did a quick search and could find no definite answer

He's a very good player by all reports. A left footed winger who established himself in the Barca side at one stage. Would be a better option than Nunez on the right imo.

Garcia can play either wing but is more established on the right despite being left-footed, he can also play upfront(so Benitez probably won't sign another forward til january).

Good signings glad Benitez is bringing quality to the squad.

The Garcia deal is due to go through once he passes a medical.

The Alonso deal is still ongoing...

It said on sky sports that liverpool are trying to buy wiltord. what do you think about that im not sure. has anyone got any vids of xabi alonso and luis garcia. i dont know how good they are

I reckon Wiltord can be good. If he's free, and the wages are reasonable, I wouldnt mind him at Anfield.

What's he up to now? Is he training with anyone?

Alonso is genuine class, some say the best midfielder in spain, he is a regular in the spanish side. Garcia is meant to be very good, as well as a winger he can also operate as a second striker in fact he has been scoring as many goals as Laarson in pre-season. He worked under Benitez at tenerife so I'm sure Rafa knows exactly what he's getting. I dont really know anything about Nunez but it looks as though he will merely be cover for Garcia on the right.
Very excited about Xabi alonso. He could make a huge difference to this team.

OLL101 said:
It said on sky sports that liverpool are trying to buy wiltord. what do you think about that im not sure. has anyone got any vids of xabi alonso and luis garcia. i dont know how good they are

Yeah, this always seemed like something they should have looked into or would have looked into months ago. I was also surprised they never looked into Andy Van der Meyde at Inter because i had heard that he was having a hard time fitting in and getting playing time in Italy.

Luis Garcia will wear 10 and Xabi Alonso 14.

And Cal, for a regular, he didn't start a single game in Euro 2004 ;). Good player though.

Looking at them at 2008 on Champ Man 03/04 -

Nunez - CRAP!!! DMC at some backwater Spanish team who arent even in the league. Valued at £2,000, transfer listed for £1,000. Worrying.

Luis Garcia - FLC. Ok, will do a job. Good record when playing up front. Borderline for Champ Man, could go either way.

Alonso - DMC - WORLCLASS MIDFIELDER!!! Brilliant, playing for Real Madrid. Worth £28m. Whoo.

...and remember, Champ Man rarely get it wrong. Ho Ho.

I think we've made two good signings...
Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, both good talented players. This is exactly what our midfield was lacking, with Gerrard and Kewell to a lesser extent being the only talented attacking players. Now we have these two which will make a very attacking midfield allround. Gerrard with the pace and power, Alonso with intelligent and accurate passing, Kewell and Garcia with pace down the wings.

KOP_007 said:
Looking at them at 2008 on Champ Man 03/04 -

Nunez - CRAP!!! DMC at some backwater Spanish team who arent even in the league. Valued at £2,000, transfer listed for £1,000. Worrying.

thats odd i thought he was a winger

there was only one spectacular goal, which was the one at the bottom of the list, the others were ok nothin special

Don't get too hyped up about Alonso. A few too many people are relying on his fictional CM status and media hype surrounding his move to judge him. He had an amazing season two years back, but last season, Sociedad and him were for the most part shit. If Alonso can fit in and start to recreate his form from the 02/03 season though, then he'll start to repay his price tag.

Back
Top Bottom