Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Even taking the "English inflation" factor into consideration, I'd be extremely surprised if Downing fetched more than Mata, Dags.

guys seriously this talk about new signings is ridicilous.. be happy we have owners that have the money to spend and they spended only wise so far.. be happy we have Kenny, a living legend of this club..

so what, we are buying a top british players that are 20 but they are quality and proven, with lot´s of potential...Kenny dont need here players who don´t give a shit about this club or fans or anyone...

would you be happy we have bought free Joe Cole + Poulsen and maybe Carlton Cole...? or Voronin? ...or other free transfers that poor Rafa had to deal with...just to save money and spend wiser, becouse of not getting a lot from the owners...yeah we spended a lot with Rafa, but we had to sell, now we don´t fucking need to sell...that don´t tell you something?

this is most importent transfer window this club has got in years...maybe most important since i remember.. If you don´t trust our club than who to trust? why are you even supporting this club, to talk negative about everything people inside it do to make it better?

we are making new generation of players now, we need to replace half of the squad... and this is just first signing..

BTFW, Sunderland will get Ngog and they pay us 7 milion pounds for him...if that´s not good buisiness than i don´t know what else is...we bought this lad for 1.5 mil. or something...

we were about to sign a young player that United were after a year (Jones)...we were close but they might get him... so if they can spend milions we don´t have to?

get a new target to talk about..i support Kenny and all who´s behind him in the club.

BTFW, Sunderland will get Ngog and they pay us 7 milion pounds for him...if that´s not good buisiness than i don´t know what else is...we bought this lad for 1.5 mil. or something...
You seriously believe that ? They are not paying us 7M, they asked 20M. Our offer was 11M plus Ngog. They asked 13M plus Ngog (though some sources said it is more like 16M plus Ngog). Anyway if it was 13M plus Ngog that doesnt mean they are paying us 7M for him ...

Ah I see, we should only buy foreign players with established names.

well,20 odd on a suarez,35 on a carroll.that would be a resounding yes.honestly dags?who do you think is the better player?where do you think it was money well spent?cant really be arsed bout nationality.that bein said,the best english players are settled in their respective clubs.then we have the overly hyped players,young,a.johnson etc.the problem with them are the are simply not worth what clubs are askin for them.hence why the likes of rafa,wenger always prefer to look elsewhere.think about this,we bought aqua for 16 and henderson for 16 risin to 20.Ngog deal is diff deal which his value is only 4,so lets leave it out for now.where do you honestly think is the better deal?players like henderson come up every season,next season we'll have another "english talent" who will rule world football.remember michael turner and all the hype?how we should buy him?thats my only problem with takin huge gambles with young overpriced english players.heck the last time we went english,we got "messi" and cuntchesky!phil jones to utd for 16,henderson to us for 16.makes sense to you?we dont need a cm but could use a cb.

.............pepe.............

..glen...carra..dann?..enrique

.henderson.stevie.adam.downing

......suarez....carroll........

this makes me want to curl up in the showers and cry

Last edited:

You seriously believe that ? They are not paying us 7M, they asked 20M. Our offer was 11M plus Ngog. They asked 13M plus Ngog (though some sources said it is more like 16M plus Ngog). Anyway if it was 13M plus Ngog that doesnt mean they are paying us 7M for him ...

come on now,this is from someone who thinks "who needs messi?we've got speari.....henderson!".leave it be,for your sake..

if and only if fsg are willing to pay over the odds on local players whilst also getting the likes of *mata,gervinho,perotti,agueros* the that would be just perfect(as twitted by scott and thommo).maybe i will calm down at the end of the window after seein the players lined up alongside the dashing,well hung,dalglish(thingsi'd do for a drop of his jizz).

.............pepe.............

..glen...carra..dann?..enrique

.henderson.stevie.adam.downing

......suarez....carroll........

this makes me want to curl up in the showers and cry

I love your honesty it`s really refreshing...I feel ya I really do. I hope it is depth that being build and not the starting IX.

Have a look at the Blackburn side that won the league how many star names do you see there?

In fact, look at the players United sign, were they star names when they were bought? Just because they're not the rarest stickers in your Panini album, it doesn't mean they're not good enough and wont fit into our system.

I read that Kenny took a lot of stick for some signings as Liverpool manager before too. One player was said to not be cut out for the top teams, just a one trick pony, no substance to his game, a waste of money. John Barnes did alright for us though, right?

And a lot a people laughed when we signed a player from the lower leagues. We were the top team in the country, why were we getting players from so far down the pyramid?! I think that player was John Aldridge, another who did alight for himself.

This is half of what's wrong with the game, especially ours. Fans aren't interested in buying potential for the future, they want big names NOW! None of this building a side and moulding them into a squad that can dominate for years, just go out and buy players who are five stars already when you played Football Manager last night.

Apologies for comparing to Utd again but they've overtaken us by having a great manager who had a good youth system and bought players wisely who will fit into his system of being able to do a job now and for years later. It's only now that Fergie is having to rebuild more than usual, beforehand he just needed to make one or two changes a season because he'd already had his squad being built for years.

Otherwise, why not just go and support Man City or Chelsea? They seem to fit some people's model perfectly. They look for the best names on Football Manager and sign them. Forget about planning for the future, who cares if the players we sign now will be too old in three years and we need to rebuild? We'll win the league NOW and that's all that matters.

Did you even read anything John Henry said when we we taken over? Do you know how the Red Sox have been run? They've been successful by spending on young players who can grow with the team and build a dynasty to last years. And they'll spend big to get those players if it means we'll be competitive for years rather than just the next year. And the Red Sox went on to do pretty well since Henry took over.

The plan is to have the club able to sustain itself without FSG needing to spend big every summer. If we can build a squad this summer that can last us 5-10 years, with only minimal changes to the squad each season after, that's the aim. Henry has said numerous times that the idea is for us to only need to rely on our own income to buy players, to be a self sufficient club. If we go and sign these superstar players, what happens in 2-3 years when they need replacing? FSG won't have the money available again to replace a £50m player and I doubt the club will be making the money to replace them itself. And then there's FFP rules.

And lastly, why would players choose us? We're not in Europe next season, let alone the Champions League where superstar players want to be. And we won't be paying silly wages either, Henry has already commented that our wage bill is too high. So what reason would big names join us? A good project? No, players are like some of you in here. They don't think about the future, they want the here and now. And they have a point, their careers don't last long. Hopefully our football club is here to stay and we need to plan for dominating for years again, like we did.

I can't be bothered to post any more discussing the rights and wrongs of Kenny's transfers, it's just a roundabout. Nobody is going to change their opinion anyway. And if we dont win the league next season, those people will be all "See! If we signed X player, we'd have won it all easily!!!". Hopefully we'll soon be in a position to win the league on a regular basis in a couple of years. And I wonder if those same fans still will be criticising the players were signing now, or Kenny's transfer policy.

Kenny has done more than enough to earn our trust, why not give him some?

neiljonesecho Neil Jones
#LFC deal for Jordan Henderson is £16m cash-only. David Ngog not involved at this point, but could still join #SAFC at later date.

Just posted.

Right, it is better to just come to this thread and say that I agree with everything Kenny does just because he is a legend. What is the point in going to a forum if you are not going to have your own opinion ?

Henderson is pretty ordinary but Dann is a solid reliable defender.

When you consider that you could have signed Banega over Henderson and for less money at present well.....

Aguero over Carroll for 35M ? There needs to be a core of British players at the club but they have to be of the right quality. Henderson. Well I don't see anything really above the ordinary in him.

Last edited:

Summer Transfer window in England: 1 July – 31 August

it´s 9 June.

and you already make lineups?

facepalm0768136.gif

EDIT: DagsJT that´s amazing post..and exactly that was my point saying we are now currently europa league team for those who can´t read between the words.

EDIT2: Heck, we are not even in europe next season..why would superstars choose to play here.. all you thinking those would come here at this point are just ridicilous.. like Dags says, that´s not our aim, our club aim is to build not to play puzzle

Last edited:

Dags, we've had our differences, but your last post is a great post.
I entirely agree with you...
There is one aspect you forget: how is it possible that clubs like Man City and Chelsea emerge (and more relevant, how is it possible that only that sort of club can be competitive against the traditional big clubs?). The traditional big clubs (the G14 or i don't know how they currently call themselves) are trying to create a monopoly that makes it impossible for other clubs to threaten them unless they have a rich sugar daddy.
Look at how the television money is divided in Italy and Spain (i'm not sure about England). Look at how the television money is divided in Europe (CL). "New" ambitious clubs have to rely on sugar daddy to intrude this monopoly (or cartel) system...

In a good and fair competition clubs like Everton play CL regularly. Everton is one of the best managed teams in Europe but they can't break through the glass ceiling until they have a rich sugar daddy.

Those British boys just don't make me all that excited. I feel pretty indifferent about Henderson coming to Liverpool and also about Jones going to United, had it gone the other way around I would feel pretty much the same. I think Henderson will prove to be a good signing but I still haven't rushed to boot up PES 2011 to transfer him, like I've instantly done with some players. But then again I am not British myself and I just don't know these players that well since I almost exclusively watch Liverpool games. Also I'm partial to those players that have that magic touch which is so pleasing on the eye... Garcia, Suarez, Litmanen, etc.

I trust Kenny to make the right choices though, and this is the way that the owners want to do things... It could very well prove to be just the thing that will eventually land us nr. 19.

Henderson is pretty ordinary but Dann is a solid reliabel defender.

When you consider that you could have signed Banega over Henderson and for less money at present well.....

Aguero over Carroll for 35M ? There needs to be a core of British players at the club but they have to be of the right quality. Henderson. Well I don't see anything really above the ordinary in him.
I totally agree with you. British nationality should be a plus because of current regulations, not a requirement.

Completely and utterly disagree. It should be a requirement, there should be a cap on non-British players in the league IMO.

Completely and utterly disagree. It should be a requirement, there should be a cap on non-British players in the league IMO.
Im talking about signings. When you sign a player if he is british it is a plus. You cant sign a player over another one just because is british. And that is exactly what you do if prioritize Carroll over Aguero or Downing over Mata.

Then you missed my post earlier about foreign players settling into a new country.

Far more likely to see an English player fit into a system than a foreign player need to learn a new language, style of play, lifestyle etc.

You think Aguero wants to leave Atletico Madrid to further his career and play in Europe ... but then come to Liverpool and wait another year for Europe (at a minimum)? You really think Aguero would choose us over Real Madrid?

And from what I've read, we're after both Downing AND Mata. We're getting the English players signed first, then moving to the foreign targets.

Im talking about signings. When you sign a player if he is british it is a plus. You cant sign a player over another one just because is british. And that is exactly what you do if prioritize Carroll over Aguero or Downing over Mata.

Oh my... again, Carroll was bought few hours in the end of transfer window.. he was not just the first pick of Kenny that time, he was probably the only one avileable with looking at the age/quality/potential settle immediately + he was english...it´s not like if there was any more possibilities with Carroll situation.. if there was Aguero avileable, he would be playing now for us... don´t you get it, we had to replace Torres in few hours untill end of janaury transfer window..not many deals to make in that short time..

Mata and Aguero are superstars who don´t have to come here at the point where our club is currently.. it´s not about prioritising the English over others, do you think Kenny would turn down Mata if there was possible chance to get him?

We are building team to get to top 4 again but in longer term to stay there..

and like i said, we just bought one player and everyone is acting like there was end of our signings already... next two months there can be plenty of other chainges...

and this thread will have 100 more pages i bet.

Last edited:

I think we're in discussions with Valencia about Mata, and he wants to come here as well. €20m is the fee wanted.

of course we are, we are about to sign more quality players.. everyone has it´s price...it´s 10000 times better to have this situation where we can buy a top young talent who was rasied and experienced in premier league than someone who is 30 years old and was free, becouse he was our 4. option.. To bad we probably won´t buy Jones, he would fit in our defence immediately..

but the fact United were scared and snaped him before we do, indicates we do have a good targets don´t you all think? If they don´t want to loose on him..

All of the top four clubs were monitoring Henderson as well, United closely watched him in January.

Then you missed my post earlier about foreign players settling into a new country.

Far more likely to see an English player fit into a system than a foreign player need to learn a new language, style of play, lifestyle etc.

You think Aguero wants to leave Atletico Madrid to further his career and play in Europe ... but then come to Liverpool and wait another year for Europe (at a minimum)? You really think Aguero would choose us over Real Madrid?

And from what I've read, we're after both Downing AND Mata. We're getting the English players signed first, then moving to the foreign targets.
His first choice would be Real Madrid, but I can assure you he would be delighted to play for us. He came from Independiente, a club that is also known as reds (in fact only "the red"). So there are a lots of argentinian that are fan of Independiente and then there european team is Liverpool. And Aguero has said a lot of time that he is one of those and that he would love to play for Liverpool.
He is still young, if we had paid that buy-out clause in January (which is the same sum we paid for a 6 months PL striker)then I dont see why he wouldnt have come here.

I think it's good to buy English players, but i agree on Aguero-Caroll...that is preferring a Lada over a Rolls Royce.

Because he wants to move on from Atletico Madrid to further his career, to challenge in Europe and win trophies. Real Madrid offer that far more than we do at the moment. For him to join us wouldn't be much of a jump in his career at this time.

I thought Aguero's buy-out clause was something like £56m?

I've read that we are actually interested in Aguero and plan to meet him for talks in the middle of the month, next week sometime. But I really can't see us having a chance, if that's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh my... again, Carroll was bought few hours in the end of transfer window.. he was not just the first pick of Kenny that time, he was probably the only one avileable with looking at the age/quality/potential settle immediately + he was english...it´s not like if there was any more possibilities with Carroll situation.. if there was Aguero avileable, he would be playing now for us... don´t you get it, we had to replace Torres in few hours untill end of janaury transfer window..not many deals to make in that short time..

Mata and Aguero are superstars who don´t have to come here at the point where our club is currently.. it´s not about prioritising the English over others, do you think Kenny would turn down Mata if there was possible chance to get him?

We are building team to get to top 4 again but in longer term to stay there..

and like i said, we just bought one player and everyone is acting like there was end of our signings already... next two months there can be plenty of other chainges...

and this thread will have 100 more pages i bet.
Can you please start reading more instead of just sucking Kenny ´s balls in every post you make ? Mata said he would love to play for us and Aguero renewed his contract in December of January introducing a buy-out clause.

Because he wants to move on from Atletico Madrid to further his career, to challenge in Europe and win trophies. Real Madrid offer that far more than we do at the moment. For him to join us wouldn't be much of a jump in his career at this time.

I thought Aguero's buy-out clause was something like £56m?

I've read that we are actually interested in Aguero and plan to meet him for talks in the middle of the month, next week sometime. But I really can't see us having a chance, if that's true.
No, when he renewed his contract he reduced it to the region of 40-45 M Euros.

No, when he renewed his contract he reduced it to the region of 40-45 M Euros.

If that's true, then I hope we are talking to him. But if it is true, why aren't other teams interested as much? Why no talk from Chelsea or City?

Back
Top Bottom