Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

@ Dags,

From what I remember of the FFP rules this summer every club is given a 35m pass to overspend, next year it's 18m? and then 10m? Or something a long those lines. Or an image;
graphic.jpg

Another point, that I mentioned, is the depreceation of players, Henderson will hardly lose any value for the next 5 years (if he doesn't do a hargreaves). With transfer costs spread over his contract (say 5 years) he will be costing (13/5) 2,6m a year. I would expect him to earn more then Ngog, but have no idea what that is tbh (20.000 for Ngog, 40.000 for him?).

With his age and the football inflation it means the potential loss is minimal. I'll disregard wages. Lets say the inflation in football is 10% (so his price will rise 10% of 13m each year (1,3m)), that means his transfer will cost the club 1,3m+wages a year over his 5y contract. And that's without him getting any better. Looking at it that way, which is, I assume, pretty much how they do it's a small risk for a potential top class midfielder for the coming 10 years.

So the club is gambling 1,3m + wages(-Ngog wages) a year.

Last edited:

What the hell just happened?

We made a move for Jones, Fergie shit himself and decided he had to bid now or lose out. So £16m that you planned to spend next summer is now out of this summers budget.

Onto Scott Dann for us, it seems.

This is crazy :LOL: It's like some sort of board game or video game, people panicking trying to snatch up the best pieces as quickly as they can before others get them.

Hehehe, I can totally picture Fergie and Daglish, hunched over a board grabbing at their favourite player cards. Then it descending into comedy fisticuffs...

Liverpool FC have acquired the rights of Sarajevo Željezničara's Bosnian striker, 16 yr old Armin Hodzic handing him a 6-yr contract.

Pep Guardiola declaro "la academia del Liverpool es la unica que puede competirle a "La Masia" del Barcelona FC."

:D

Got two reliable ITK's on Twitter now, known for posting really accurate stuff on RAWK due to knowing players and people involved in deals.

Quick summary of looking through their timelines are:

- Jones deal was pretty much done over the weekend and he'd pretty much agreed to join us. He was at Melwood yesterday.

- Mata wants to join us, Valencia want €20m for him and we're very interested. He's one of five wingers we're looking at.

- Cahill and Dann are the other options if Jones does sign with Utd.

- Wickham is all but done. Will replace Ngog.

- Still looking at Downing, £16m fee mentioned.

- We're very interested in Baines but Everton refusing to talk to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

We made a move for Jones, Fergie shit himself and decided he had to bid now or lose out. So £16m that you planned to spend next summer is now out of this summers budget.

Onto Scott Dann for us, it seems.

This is crazy :LOL: It's like some sort of board game or video game, people panicking trying to snatch up the best pieces as quickly as they can before others get them.

exactly what i was thinking..but the lad would have much more chance to play regulary for us... oh well..we get a new one ;)

he made us almost play in CL with the same squad Hodgson got us play where we were...except with Kenny Poulsen and Konchesky had no chance to start.. Suarez was difference, but Hodgson had the chance to work with Aquilani and Torres..

Kenny has brain for football, and can motivate players to fight for him and win games, his better than anyone for me..
Kenny also has that chance ...

Not confirmed yet.

Kev, I don't think it was a case of trying harder. From what I understand, he'd agreed to join us anyway. But Utd just won the league and are more stable, as well as offering CL football. Not sure what we could do against that unless we paid silly wages.

What a pitty Rafa didnt had this kind of resources. We would have definetly gone for better targets rather than spending silly many in the likes of Henderson, Dann, Downing ...

What happen to Enrique? He's supposed to be our target no?

What happen to Enrique? He's supposed to be our target no?

Yep, deal close there too, £9m I think and Newcastle put in a bid for a left-back today, probably to replace Enrique.

What a pitty Rafa didnt had this kind of resources. We would have definetly gone for better targets rather than spending silly many in the likes of Henderson, Dann, Downing ...

Ah I see, we should only buy foreign players with established names.

lol i wish it was august already...to be honest...

mate they are good targets for europa league team, wich we are now, also...judge them after you see them play for us.. it´s realy boring to read who would be better if it´s pointless..

mate they are good targets for europa league team, wich we are now, also...judge them after you see them play for us.. it´s realy boring to read who would be better if it´s pointless..
Right, it is better to just come to this thread and say that I agree with everything Kenny does just because he is a legend. What is the point in going to a forum if you are not going to have your own opinion ?

keep us posted dags.

Jones is the next big thing in English defending I think, would have loved us to sign him.

Not fussed about the Henderson deal.

I'd be very surprised if Jones doesn't go to Utd. From what I've read about Henderson, we've done a good deal and he's going to be a fantastic player.

I'll continue the Kenny lovefest if I can. The man has enough experience in winning the league and signing players, he knows what to look for in a player. Far more than any of us do. If he thinks a player is worth buying, I'll trust he's made the right decision. At the very least, I won't criticise a player before he's even signed for us or kicked a ball for us.

Right, it is better to just come to this thread and say that I agree with everything Kenny does just because he is a legend. What is the point in going to a forum if you are not going to have your own opinion ?

no it´s better to give up on everything we do and everone we buy, before the season even started...

of course you can write your opinion, but in your case everything we do is wrong..

everyone is not good enough, overpriced, aquilani is top class and not given chance, english players are not good for this club... think about it...we are where we are right now not becouse of Kenny or the new managers...we didn´t signed players Rafa wanted, not becouse of Rafa, we signed Roy Hodgson not becouse of FSG,

give them chance to start a new season with new players from 0.

after that i will listen how bad we are doing things, but hopefully not.

Last edited:

good target ?? well for be europa league team we dont need to spend fucking 35 m paund for Carroll now 20 for this Henderson whats next ? Dowming 25 m ? and u still say europa league team ? no mate we are becoming Manchester City with this stupid transfers , all saw we have money now so when com to Liverpool they put double price ;)
I DONT LIKE THIS POLITIC AT ALL !

Downing will be £16m, Wickham about £9m. Then Mata at around £15m maybe? Doni for £1m. Enrique for £9m. Also wouldn't be surprised if we sign one or two others.

We're far from being like Man City. They spend money on established names who are already at their peak, can only go downhill, will be worth less as time goes on, no future potential. We're signing players who can fit into our squad now but can also be fixtures in our squad for another ten years if needed, as well as be sold on for a possible profit if they don't work out.

I really cant understand the negativity in here at times. We've had no money for years, we haven't had a good English base for years. We start to get both and people still want to complain? Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:

A nice comment on Henderson,

As a Sunderland supporter, I have watched Jordan Henderson play week-in week-out for the past couple of seasons. Although not baffled by all of this criticism of the transfer fee, I feel that I must make a couple of points about a player who I feel can be a real asset to Liverpool. I get the feeling that many people don't really know what he does, which is hardly surprising given the pathetic amount of air time afforded to us by Match of The Day every week. After the world cup, many of us began to really notice the sheer lack of technical talent in the England set-up. By this, I'm not talking about crossing or shooting ability, I'm talking about close control, quick passing and most importantly of all, tactical awareness. Jordan has these traits in abundance and, far from comparing him to the likes of the great Xavi and Iniesta, his approach to the game is very much as a team member rather than as a maverick. He won't drive through the middle of the park and smash a last-minute cup final half volley into the corner when he's got cramp, but what he will do is keep the game ticking over and, when the chance presents itself, show that he knows how to whip in a dangerous cross or play a nicely weighted through ball.

Of course, this style of play won't make him a fan favourite, and his popularity in Sunderland was partly due to his local roots. Sometimes, there were groans from the fans when he passed the ball backwards or sideways, but those of us watching more closely could see that he was simply playing patient, intelligent football. His touch in tight situations is excellent and he always seems to find a one-two or a small gap to get the ball through to a team-mate. It struck me during the England game this week that some of our players aren't remotely willing to receive the ball when closely marked, but Jordan will. It's exactly what the England team is lacking, and the reason we've heard so much since last summer about non-competitive football for kids in order to teach them how to play the game 3 or 4 steps ahead, like the boys at Barcelona do. For me, the problem with this style of play is that you are only as good as the players around you. We all know that Barca excel due to the fact that each and every player is comfortable on the ball. Unfortunately for Henderson, there have been times this season when some of his team mates haven't been on the same page as him, but I would imagine that he'll settle in nicely in a very talented Liverpool midfield.

So, he moves on to his new club with my blessing, and I'm sure that of most Sunderland supporters. My message to Liverpool fans is just give him time, but I'm sure they will, given his age. He's not the traditional 'Roy of The Rovers' English midfielder, but a player with class and real potential. If Jack Wilshere is the midfielder England always wanted, then Jordan Henderson may well be the midfielder England needs.

Can understand the negativity to a certain degree, it seems a shame that the club will be losing Aquilani and replacing him with Henderson. Same goes for Torres and Carrol. But none of us know how it will turn out, you can clearly see the strategy the club is using. It seems to be reasonably sound if you look at the maths and total cost instead of just the transfer fee. And the club are aiming for good young (British) talent and forcing the top teams to make counter moves (Utd&Jones).

As for Henderson, if that comment by the Sunderland fan is accurate he sounds like a perfect midfielder for Liverpool and Kenny's style of play.

Back
Top Bottom