Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Forgot about that, Liverpool should be raising Aquilani's price just for that! Otherwise the club will have swapped Aquilani for Poulson and will have had to pay for the pleasure!
I think that negotiations with Juve are over. Today there is even a picture of him in the official website and talks about his head knock.
That doesnt mean he is going to be with us next season though. Probably going to end in Milan, Kenny clearly prefers some players whose only merits are to be british.

I didnt say that Kenny is bullshit. I said that is bullshit that he is going to do everything ok and that we cant have even an opinion, because if Kenny does somethings he has a reason (you called it a plan this time).
I have my own opinion you know.

Again that situation was dificult, he maybe would chosse totaly different player but as i think, he liked Carroll before and was watching him, remember that cracker against Reina? and in short time there was no space to think about if he´s better than Torres...

we bought him, he´s our player and nothing will chainge it, we have to wish him good and trust Kenny, becouse he´s our manager and he didn´t get the 3 years contract if our owners think there is someone better avileable than him to coach us.

i know you have your own opinion, but mosty you look on somethin g just from one view, the quality view... but behind everything and everyone Kenny + Rafa + even Roy bought is a reason and a story..

In today´s football it´s not what YOU as fan want, it´s what players want and what clubs can give them them..

except City, they have the money to buy everyone...even fans..

look back at the situation of Carroll transfer, who knows, maybe we wanted Eto´o instead.. would he come to us in our difficult situation in table? i strongly doubt..

I think that negotiations with Juve are over. Today there is even a picture of him in the official website and talks about his head knock.
That doesnt mean he is going to be with us next season though. Probably going to end in Milan, Kenny clearly prefers some players whose only merits are to be british.

yeah, that´s why we bought Suarez and wanted him to play with Torres, that´s why he wanted Torres to stay, and Reina as well...
that´s why he said some time ago not to forget we still have Aquilani..

i think the only thing he prefeurs is quality + view to the future.

yeah, that´s why we bought Suarez and wanted him to play with Torres, that´s why he wanted Torres to stay, and Reina as well...
that´s why he said some time ago not to forget we still have Aquilani..

i think the only thing he prefeurs is quality + view to the future.
Kenny himself said that Suarez was more a Benitez buy, yes a Benitez buy. I remember the interview in which he said that Liverpool was following him since years and that the credit of the transfer should go to Rafa.
About Aquilani, the stuff he said doesnt mean he rates Aquilani and wants him in the team. He is always going to say to the media that he is a very good player and that is part of his plans even if he things he is a mediocre player. You have to look in actions, not words. If he allowed a 6M discount for the player is because he is not part of his plans (which is fine if he is going to replace him with a better player, but no with free kick Charlie Adam).

Last edited:

Ok even if it was true, Benitez has nothing to do with the fact Suarez agreed to move here.. Kenny might not be everyones choice, but you have to admit he has results with medicore team with lot´s of injured players + he gives chance to youngsters, something Benitez never did..

he might not look like he prefeurs not british players, but then again, we haven´t made any deal yet, so we don´t know what kind of players are we looking at...

i don´t mind him bringing British players, untill they are quality enough to play here.. he spoted Konchesky is not, Cole is not good enough and they have not future here as it looks..

but again i don´t see a reason to judge a young lad just becouse he has big price on his head after such short time in new souroundings.. How many goals did Rooney scored for Everton, before United have buy him for a record money?

it was less then we spended on Carroll, but then again, Carroll didn´t wanted to go and neither did Newcastle needed to sell him.. that´s why the price was so high... and knowing we got 50 mil. pounds for Torres, they obviously wanted a lot..

i bet Kenny wanted him very much to make the club agree..

i trust our manager 100%, it´s time all Liverpool fans learn word patience and trust.. becouse what they thing could be better is not 100% sure...

On a pedants note, Caroll cost £35m, Bebe cost £7m. That's £6,999,999 too much, however one fifth of an Andy Caroll. Bebe hurts enough for us United fans already, without people exaggerating the pain.

It's pointless saying Caroll was worth x or y, because if you lot win the league next year he'll have been worth every penny, but if you continue to miss out on the CL places, then maybe that much money could have been spent more sensibly. Time will tell. At the moment you look significantly more cohesive without him in the team, with a bolstered midfield. So Kenny has a job to fit him in.

Equally, you can't use his price as a barometer of the market, because of the exceptional circumstances (and times) within which he was signed.

exactly, smart post..

it´s up to the new transfers and our new system to suit Carroll in..

+ he wasn´t fit 100% this first matches and even get injury in Arsenal match..

we look more dangerous maybe yes.. but even despite this, i still belive we can use Carroll a lot, becouse he gives us opinions more for different type of games.. or different tactics..

from what i saw of him so far, he´s not that bad, he´s just lost in new system..in Newcastle it was everything on him.. every ball was played on him and he was used to that.. in here we tend to play more pass and move, especialy with players like maxi, Kuyt and Suarez, who run all the time.. so we have to somehow find way to get him involved more to play..

about his chances... i saw him score the first touch he get´s with ball, he can be lethal in long range shots like he was agaist us and then after he signed, against city.. with his height he can score a lot of headers..we just need to get players who will play this balls to him..

let´s all judge Kenny - Carroll and everything after next season..when i hope we will be in top 4 again..

some fans are really delusional.as much as i admire and respect kenny dalglish,the cult like following some have is frightening and downright sickening.was one of the main reasons i never wanted him to have the job in the first place.funny thing is people were bringing out tables saying we would have won the premier league,la liga,african nations cup,world cup etc if he had been in charge start of the season.now that the season has ended with a pathethic soft,wet fart,tables are hidden.relax people,he's no messiah.he's only human.think he's record so far is as good as hodgson west brom record.hardly breathtaking stuff is it?it's a cult i tell thee.....

so who do you wanted to get the job?

just curious who you think would get our current squad perform, get results and motivate better than than Dalglish..

people were saying his record since he was apoined was the second best in the league, if the league started from that point, we would finish second.. there´s nobody saying he´s messiah, just the result were speaking for itself, and people were surprised that he turned things well so fast.. becouse seriously before January, who would expect us to fight for CL spots at the end of this season...?

Hodgson west brom record might be good, but it has ZERO things to do with our club. Also Hodgson came to WBA when they were a build team by someone else, without his chainges in terms of players in that squad what so ever..Hodgson was here, but he was failure, players were un-motivated and sick of him, Mascherano leaved, Aqua was basicly throw away, Reina flirted with move away... Hodgson was pure shit for us.. he might be good for WBA players, but this position is already best for them, we as club aim higher i supose.

Last edited:

some fans are really delusional.as much as i admire and respect kenny dalglish,the cult like following some have is frightening and downright sickening.was one of the main reasons i never wanted him to have the job in the first place.funny thing is people were bringing out tables saying we would have won the premier league,la liga,african nations cup,world cup etc if he had been in charge start of the season.now that the season has ended with a pathethic soft,wet fart,tables are hidden.relax people,he's no messiah.he's only human.think he's record so far is as good as hodgson west brom record.hardly breathtaking stuff is it?it's a cult i tell thee.....

All those tables people bring out are a load of bollocks! The season is a season, not 3 months long. Does my head in. That said, I'm not a delusional fan of Liverpool but I will support Kenny's decisions as he has earned the right to make them in my opinion. He knows more about what needs doing than me, you and everyone else on this board. If no improvement in next year or two then so be it but if we don't have a great start I hope the board don't panic and sack him as some stability is needed after the farce of the last year or so.

A few new signings and a bit of time to gel and fingers crossed, we will see a big improvement. Time will tell.

Wickham might be our first signing of the window...

Henderson expected to be done by Wednesday for £17.5m, and we're linked with Bojan too.

people were saying his record since he was apoined was the second best in the league, if the league started from that point, we would finish second.. there´s nobody saying he´s messiah, just the result were speaking for itself, and people were surprised that he turned things well so fast.. becouse seriously before January, who would expect us to fight for CL spots at the end of this season...?

erm no,we would not finish second if the league started when you think it did in your head.please check again.pipa league which starts in jan and finishes in may wouldnt have liverpool fc in second place with the defeats we had.again no,we we were never in the running for cl places.i repeat never.we even failed to secure el spot we we had in hand only to blow it all away.but hey,i guess thats irrelevant cos lets just focus on the good things.eg......erm,hang on i is finkin',erm yeah,not getting relegated or liquidated or whatever happens in pipa league.

PS:for the love of god,give this one a rest?too taxing,im done

Can't help but think we're wasting our money a little on Henderson.

Why do we need him? Don't we need some wingers? A left back? A centre back?

Nothing to suggest we're not looking at those as well, nobody knows how much money FSG have got to spend. Henderson and Wickham wont be the last signings, I'm sure of it.

Also, signing players like Henderson and Wickham isn't just signing players for this season and why we need them now. It's getting them in now so that they'll learn at Liverpool, and be at their peak at Liverpool in a few years. Clearly we need to improve now but we've also lacked foresight in signing players as well.

£20m on foresight seems a bit crazy...i'm sure there are a cheaper young options with time for them to grow too...

Time will tell I guess...Phil Jones I would have in a heartbeat, he is the new big thing in English defending I think

Agree on most points. Jones and Cahill are definitely the best young and somewhat available defenders in the league. While I do think Henderson has something about him, £20m is mental. Carrick was far more accomplished when we bought him and that was viewed as a mental £18m.

Really don't think the centre of the park is an issue for Liverpool. £20m would be much better spent on Young, or maybe a Lee from Bolton?

Just read that Henderson is actually more of a RM then a CM, although you wouldn't expect him to play as an out and out winger. Although I'm not sure how much time he would get on the pitch. Spearing has done well and has shown he can be a good back up as a DM. Lucas is first choice. Then you have Meireles and Gerrard for the more advanced positions (assuming Aquilani isn't going to be coming back). Then again, without Aquilani the midfield is looking a bit weak in depth tbh.

It could be another sum that FSG is calculating, rating Henderson at 10mil with possibly a big future + whatever Aquilani brings in.

Young looks very likely to be going to Utd, so that would leave Nzogbia and possibly Mata as a winger.

...or maybe a Lee from Bolton?

A Lee?! If not the footballer, the brickie! ;)

Just read that Henderson is actually more of a RM then a CM, although you wouldn't expect him to play as an out and out winger. Although I'm not sure how much time he would get on the pitch. Spearing has done well and has shown he can be a good back up as a DM. Lucas is first choice. Then you have Meireles and Gerrard for the more advanced positions (assuming Aquilani isn't going to be coming back). Then again, without Aquilani the midfield is looking a bit weak in depth tbh.

It could be another sum that FSG is calculating, rating Henderson at 10mil with possibly a big future + whatever Aquilani brings in.

Young looks very likely to be going to Utd, so that would leave Nzogbia and possibly Mata as a winger.

A Lee?! If not the footballer, the brickie! ;)
Henderson can also play as a right wing, doesnt he ? He has excellent crosses so if he is going to replace Kuyt in the right wing, then Im fine with the signing. But, if we are expending 20M on a 20 years old kid to throw an italian international, then Im not.

He reminds me of a young Fletcher, decent passer, decent engine, decent tackler. he's got an all round game with nothing stand out yet but obviously some of those will grow and others probably won't.

A good player to have in a midfield 3 and even a 2 but I feel you don't really need that considering you have Lucas and Merieles who have this role.

Yeah, he can play from the right, but he's definitely not a winger. Doesn't have pace or tricks.

Mata would be a great shout. What's he up to these days?

Still strongly linked with us.

Yep, but he's more likely to go to Juve I think?

Jeffren has told Spanish radio that Liverpool have approached him.

Always injured and only 1 month left in his contract. I hope is a smoke screen for Mata or is just him trying to get a new contract with Barca.

Back
Top Bottom