Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

with all the names we are linked so far, we clearly aim to future.. we wan´t to build a new team.. we have players that are now at their peak or behind it.. we need to invest in young players.. don´t mind the nationality, but i don´t have nothing against having british bone, just i hope we buy best british players...Jones would be awsome for the defence.. Henderson is better opinion than Adam, Wickham looks like young Torres to me personaly.. i have faith we can build a team with what we have..

also this is interesting: ages of players - bold the ones we have

Martin Kelly - 21
Jack Robinson - 17
John Flanagan - 18
Andre Wisdom - 18

Jonjo Shelvey - 19
Conor Coady - 18

Raheem Sterling - 16
Andy Carroll - 22
Daniel Ayala - 19
Danny Wilson - 19
Jay Spearing - 22
Daniel Pacheco - 20
Péter Gulácsi - 21

Connor Wickham - 18
Jordan Henderson - 20
Phil Jones - 19

i´m happy becouse we have lot´s of young but quality prospects..

Wickham looks like young Torres to me personaly

How much have you seen him play to make that statement? The compilation avaivable in youtube against Arsenal doesnt count as seeing him play.

How old is Suso, Is his best position as a Xavi then or do you think he'll be played further forward?

In talks with Henderson on a value of £20 million. :CONFUSE: outrageous price tag!!! for a non productive 20 yr old ?!?! I`m not saying your far off the mark to challenge 4th spot. I just don`t see the logic in throwing massive sum of money for players for the sake of it . What`s next Phil Jones going for £24 million good grief.

Ben Smith saying Ngog is part of the deal and we're offering £13m plus Ngog.

I'm finding it funny all these people complaining about the fees, and the people complaining most aren't even Liverpool fans. There's always a premium for English players so that's what we need to pay to have a British squad. Also there's been plenty of other high-priced transfers over the years from other teams and nobody batted an eyelid. What is it that offends people so much that we can finally go and spend money on players when other teams have been doing it for years already?

Edit: Deal agreed, medicals tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

other clubs have spend lots but also won .Even Mcity won a tea cup what I find is players that offer hardly nothing even Cahil at £20 mil is off the mark imo . Your best future players are already there Kelly ,spearing,flagan and some other dodgy blokes too.

Putting a price tag for the sake of it doesn`t help the player grow with that massive tag. You will agree Mutd chicarito small price tag gave him an open space and NO pressure unlike bebe he was down before he can get up. I`m not blaming Liverpool I understand they`re desperate to compete and trail behind a few. I just feel hard done by the English price tag I wonder how much Jack would cost or better yet how much will Spearing cost in next summer £30 , £40. Why are English price tag so high and are they really worth the tag? How many English leaves at 20 costing so high and still playing at top level. Will Barton be worth £12 or £14 mil ?

And how do you know we wont win if we spend a lot?

English players have always cost more. Want Arsenal examples? Theo Walcott? Francis Jeffers?

In any case, it's not £20m. I like Ngog but he's not worth £7m in my opinion. So we're paying out £13m for Henderson and trading a player who hardly figured under Dalglish anyway. Win/win as far as. I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

with all the names we are linked so far, we clearly aim to future.. we wan´t to build a new team.. we have players that are now at their peak or behind it.. we need to invest in young players.. don´t mind the nationality, but i don´t have nothing against having british bone, just i hope we buy best british players...Jones would be awsome for the defence.. Henderson is better opinion than Adam, Wickham looks like young Torres to me personaly.. i have faith we can build a team with what we have..

also this is interesting: ages of players - bold the ones we have

Martin Kelly - 21
Jack Robinson - 17
John Flanagan - 18
Andre Wisdom - 18

Jonjo Shelvey - 19
Conor Coady - 18

Raheem Sterling - 16
Andy Carroll - 22
Daniel Ayala - 19
Danny Wilson - 19
Jay Spearing - 22
Daniel Pacheco - 20
Péter Gulácsi - 21

Connor Wickham - 18
Jordan Henderson - 20
Phil Jones - 19

well I have more fear to be like Arsenal with this players .... just we are spending a lot money for players and young like Carroll and now this Henderson for me will be better this

Carroll 17 milion

Henderson 10 milion

I think they dont "merit" more ;) they are not one Ozil 16 m ;)

Yes, and he was also out of contract next year. Very good deal.

And how do you know we wont win if we spend a lot?

English players have always cost more. Want Arsenal examples? Theo Walcott? Francis Jeffers?

In any case, it's not £20m. I like Ngog but he's not worth £7m in my opinion. So we're paying out £13m for Henderson and trading a player who hardly figured under Dalglish anyway. Win/win as far as. I can see.

that a bit better. Walcott was £12m very expensive and about you winning well we can never know until it happen dont see how building a team for the future and building a team for success is part w/ henderson . MCity paid more than anyone for FACUP !

How much have you seen him play to make that statement? The compilation avaivable in youtube against Arsenal doesnt count as seeing him play.

his moves remind me of Torres moves.. ;)

How old is Suso, Is his best position as a Xavi then or do you think he'll be played further forward?

from what i seen he´s more a winger or atacking midfield..

In talks with Henderson on a value of £20 million. :CONFUSE: outrageous price tag!!! for a non productive 20 yr old ?!?! I`m not saying your far off the mark to challenge 4th spot. I just don`t see the logic in throwing massive sum of money for players for the sake of it . What`s next Phil Jones going for £24 million good grief.

mate compare Arsenal squad with our squad...in terms of depth and quality..it´s uncomparable..

We are in process of REBUILDING and getting rid of high earners that are waste...Having spend a lot on young players it´s not that bad, if we have a squad think as we have + we can afford to spend. We as club now can and will have to invest to our future NOW.. + his wage won´t be as big as other "top" players have.. i bet his wage won´t be as big as some of your subs have.. like Arshavin for example..

Last edited:

whats outrageous is rumours of if adam signs,meireles will leave.first we let aqua go for peanuts,buy henderson for an obscene amount and now thinking of replacing meireles with adam.i know its all rumours but if true,i know who i want sacked....

Henderson is actually 16mill+Ngog which is crazy to say the least considering we have alot of cm,young ones like spearing,shelvey,suso as well.Henderson on the right is outrageous.hardly has any pace.thought we we needed a "traditional quick winger"?kenny said "we only need better quality players than what we have."hope kenny has alot more up his sleeves than the usual dross of henderson,adam,downing,jones,wickham.

swear at times its one step forward,two steps back with us.

whats outrageous is rumours of if adam signs,meireles will leave.first we let aqua go for peanuts,buy henderson for an obscene amount and now thinking of replacing meireles with adam.i know its all rumours but if true,i know who i want sacked....

Henderson is actually 16mill+Ngog which is crazy to say the least considering we have alot of cm,young ones like spearing,shelvey,suso as well.Henderson on the right is outrageous.hardly has any pace.thought we we needed a "traditional quick winger"?kenny said "we only need better quality players than what we have."hope kenny has alot more up his sleeves than the usual dross of henderson,adam,downing,jones,wickham.

swear at times its one step forward,two steps back with us.
I agree with you that if we are replacing Aquilani with Henderson is a disgrace. In fact more than replacing we are telling him to look for a new club.

guys sometimes there is a lot of background stuff going on we don´t have a clue, that might be behind all decisions..

i´m sure all in the club behind curtains know better than you or me, what´s good for future of this club..

and i fully support them... it´s time we stand behind our manager and team,

and it´s not just Kenny doing decisions..

even if so, i fully trust him..

if he can motivate this young players and not motivate or not get along with others, it´s not our problem to say, ok they are better this and that.. If this guys can glue and if he can build a good playing team, than in that case the individual class will mean less..

I don´t care if we have Messi or Henderson or Adam, if we have a winning team that will be motivated to win every match..

Last edited:

actually,i'd really care to have messi anytime over henderson or the fat tub of lard

guys sometimes there is a lot of background stuff going on we don´t have a clue, that might be behind all decisions..

i´m sure all in the club behind curtains know better than you or me, what´s good for future of this club..

and i fully support them... it´s time we stand behind our manager and team,

like the time we stood behind hodgson and purslow?sure there were background stuff we dont know bout as well eh?the only time i'd be behind any of those two is when they are bent over.questioning decisions made by staff or team doesnt mean we are not behind em.liverpool fc will always have the support of its fans.however,questions and debates will be brought up every now and then.more so in a forum.but if you like i can make every post in here a lovefest.kenny's lovefest*bites lower lip*

Has there ever been a more depressing poster tha Misfit? Bloody hell lad, smile for once! We could've been in administration, in the Championship and had to sell all of our players with no money to buy anyone.

Regarding the Kenny trust, the man has won the league a few times, he's signed players before who werent exciting names yet still won leagues. Surely that's enough to command respect and trust he's making the right decisions. At the end of the day, he's been there and dome it. Numerous times. Winning the Prem on Football Manager doesn't make us better judges of players.

Can't believe that Ngog is worth 7mil?! If so then it's a great deal imo. Also regarding the high pricetag, with the new rules player amortisation (sp?) is another important aspect. a 20y.o. will have a very low depreciation on the financial books meaning the "net cost per year" will be healthy. And 13mil is a very good price imo. Wouldn't rate Ngog at more then 4 tbh, but I guess Sunderland are in a jam aswell with all the loan strikers heading off and Bent's move in jan.

And with Ngog gone, surely the chance for another striker is a lot bigger now? Wickham and maybe a more established player to come in?

I'd value Ngog at £4m too, I think we've come out of this pretty good. I hope Ngog goes on to do well though. I like him as a player and although he's been inconsistent at times, he's done well for us when needed for the most part and clearly has ability.

If we really want Wickham, I can't see us not getting him seeing as we've offered £8m and Ipswich want £10m. For the sake of £1m-£2m, might as well just get that done.

I'm not sure we'll sign another established striker to be honest. We've got Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt who can play there with Wickham possibly coming in.

MattLawExpress Matt Law
Arsenal fans, you can be a funny bunch. Kill wenger for not spending money, kill liverpool for spending money. Make your minds up!

MattLawExpress Matt Law
It's up to liverpool how they spend - let's judge once henderson starts playing. All transfers are gambles

MattLawExpress Matt Law
What guarantees would hazard for 20mill or gervinho for 10mill bring? None.

:YES:

like the time we stood behind hodgson and purslow?sure there were background stuff we dont know bout as well eh?the only time i'd be behind any of those two is when they are bent over.questioning decisions made by staff or team doesnt mean we are not behind em.liverpool fc will always have the support of its fans.however,questions and debates will be brought up every now and then.more so in a forum.but if you like i can make every post in here a lovefest.kenny's lovefest*bites lower lip*

it´s not about us, it´s about the players who were not listening or respecting him..for many reasons he gave us...

With Kenny i know they do.

Completely agree with the guy Dags quoted. Did not understand the Arsenal fans in this thread.
Henderson as already proven himself as a valuable player and both Gervino and Hazard not...Hazard definitely has the talent, but i'm not sure about his attitude.
Fridiy our national team played an almost deciding match against Turkey (Belgium had to win and ended up with a 1-1 draw). Hazard was in the team, but had not his best match...after an hour (and just after his best action of the game) he was substituted by Dries Mertens from FC Utrecht (this is also a very promising player, but less hyped) and walk straigt away to the dressing room. While the match went on, he was seen eating a hamburger outside the stadium.

I know father Hazard and he told me that Eden is getting tired of all the hype and expectation around him. Here in Belgium he is practically seen as the next Messi. Hazard is well awarz that he never can live up to the massive expectations. His father told me that in his opinion, the best thing he could do is staying another year with Lille and play the CL.

Has there ever been a more depressing poster tha Misfit? Bloody hell lad, smile for once!

will do.only when we stop buying overhyped english players for obscene amount whilst getting rid of an italian talent for silly amount.we've been shafted with g.johnson,a.carroll and now henderson.afraid fatty adam and downing are gonna go that way as well.the same amount could have been used on a sanchez,hazard,aguero.players we need rather than stack up on unecessary midfielders when we have upcoming players like shelvey.honestly,is henderson that much better than shelvey?20mill?really?

We could've been in administration, in the Championship and had to sell all of our players with no money to buy anyone.

that's a load of nonsense and you bloody well know it.did you know,if my aunty had balls,she could've been my uncle?

Regarding the Kenny trust, the man has won the league a few times, he's signed players before who werent exciting names yet still won leagues. Surely that's enough to command respect and trust he's making the right decisions. At the end of the day, he's been there and dome it. Numerous times. Winning the Prem on Football Manager doesn't make us better judges of players.

you are talking about someone who's been outta the game for ages.i know what he's achieved.but football was so different back then.can never be compared.ask arsenal fans if they want george graham back as he was successful as well.thats right,sack wenger,get george.ridiculous statement there mate

You're seriously going to still come out with this "out of the game" nonsense? Wow :LOL:

Sorry mate, going to have to agree to disagree on everything I guess.

you are talking about someone who's been outta the game for ages.i know what he's achieved.but football was so different back then.

Why was it so different? It's still the same game! It's quicker and full of headless big massive fuckers but still 11 v 11. Pitches same size. Goals are same size ;)
Seriously though, I don't buy all this out of the game too long bollocks either. Kenny knows his stuff. My Dad hasn't played footy for 25+ years and imo, he still knows what the hell he is talking about so that comment is just complete bollocks. Certain people are best not coming back into footy but I believe Liverpool have the correct man in Dalglish.

I've just thought of something else. With FFP coming in, I thought it was surprising that we were spending so much on players now.

But now I'm wondering if we're going to do a major spending spree this summer, and not need to buy much/at all in the future. Because FFP goes over the average from the last three years, if we get it all done now then it'll balance itself out.

So I'm guessing that also might explain the high fees just to get the players in and get the squad ASAP rather than wait a few months and hope we get a couple of pounds knocked off.

Or maybe I'm just plain wrong.

JH, welcome to Liverpool football club. A good number 10 at last hopefully.

henderson.png

Last edited:

you are talking about someone who's been outta the game for ages.i know what he's achieved.but football was so different back then.can never be compared.ask arsenal fans if they want george graham back as he was successful as well.thats right,sack wenger,get george.ridiculous statement there mate

he made us almost play in CL with the same squad Hodgson got us play where we were...except with Kenny Poulsen and Konchesky had no chance to start.. Suarez was difference, but Hodgson had the chance to work with Aquilani and Torres..

Kenny has brain for football, and can motivate players to fight for him and win games, his better than anyone for me..

Back
Top Bottom