Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

and just to make things clear, i realy don´t care if Carroll don´t score as much or wont´t be considered as good as Torres, untill we win our matches...Carroll might not be the type as Torres, but then again, we have Suarez, world class player who is capable of doing the things Torres did + we have young english international player who has all the ability to be one of best league striker for next years.. + we are about to sign an alternative striker to this two, maybe more a dynamic CF...

isn´t it simillar to Torres, Crouch, Bellamy time?

except now we have Suarez, Carroll + ?

let´s wait and judge after the next season..

well now hold on mate..

I don´t care at all what he did for us now..What Torres did for us in past has nothing to do with him being better than Carroll NOW...becouse we exchainged him for Carroll + 25 milion pounds. That is we sold him for twice the price we bought him.. as soon as we get money for him, he and Carroll are on the same line in thieir new clubs - from the both Chelsea and Liverpool point of view.. simple as that..

It would be other thing if Torres was still playing for us and we bought Carroll then to our club for more than we spended on Torres..

Carroll price was within Torres price + we bought Suarez before, wich make you think we have still 25 milion pounds left from Torres transfer + we have Suarez and Carroll and summer ahead...

To make it more clear..

If you aim to look at 22 years old Carroll, as expensive and undeperforming player that cost us 30 milion pounds

then it´s the same as Chelsea fans look on Torres, 27 years old, expensive and underperforming player who cost them 50 milion pounds

i think we are in better position with Carroll right now than Chelsea with Torres..
Actually it was 35M pounds Carroll and 50M pounds Torres.

You should also ask Liverpool fans, because the only Liverpool fan that is going to tell you that he prefers Carroll is Pipa.

omg this talk is useless on first place..

second, it´s not about who WAS better player, but what is good for us for the future, Torres is our past - Carroll is future...there is nothing to say about that..

i would also love it when we had Suarez - Torres attack (like it was meant to be)

but Torres deciede he want to quit..

nothing more to say about him...

Torres became past for me with the second he handed transfer request.

It´s realy funny how you all under rate Carroll, becouse i remember many fans in 2007 said that Torres is not world class, that he will sturggle in Premier League etc etc...

+ He did NOTHING to prove his prize and Carroll DID NOT WORSE than Torres dif for Chelsea.. but still Carroll is younger and can develop, especialy with quality players to play the balls to him..

What did Torres do in Chelsea squad? he has more world class players around him that played everything to him, just to score, but he failed...

do you think Liverpool would sell him in January like they did, knowing he has future with them? instead of having a want away player, yes, i rather have Carroll here.. of all young english strikers we picked the best and you can´t deny this fact..

Torres migh have been legendary, but he did nothing since this last glimpses...he´s a myth right now... just fading away...there is chance obvously he will start scoring..but i rather look on our own players than Chelsea players...

and if you say i prefeur Carroll over Torres, it´s nonsence...it´s not like WE ALL wanted Torres to go or something, HE decieded to go.. he´s gone so no need to speculate if Carroll is better or worse than him..so far he did not worse for us than Torres for chelsea..

Since when we care if Carroll performs better than what Torres has done so far for Chelsea ? We should care about our player, not about Chelsea ´s striker. Arguably, Chelsea paid a rationable price considering all factors, we didnt, we placed ourselfs into the scum of the century. Come on, 40M for a player with 6 months in the Premier League. At least Chelsea paid 58M for a world champion.

Can we come back to this discussion in 12months time and then see how it turned out?! Both players have their talents and it's up to their respective teams to get the best out of them. Torres is world class but needs to step up and have some consistancy, Carrol could be a very very good striker, but also needs to step up, or have less injuries, and show consistancy (for Liverpool).

Untill then it's a boring and pointless discussion.

On to some "better" news, apparently Al Bundi is on 120,000 a week! (Including his signing on bonus)

Come on, 40M for a player with 6 months in the Premier League.

so what if Carroll played 6 months only in the premier league..? Is this the thing we look on buying players - how many they play in Premier League? Did United for example not pay 8 milions for someone they didn´t even saw playing before? Carroll is class player, just need time...and the price we payed for him will be returned with his goals.

At least Chelsea paid 58M for a world champion.

This was mostly Torres during world cup:
868190073-21062010205116.jpg

I will repeat myself, the Torres we knew before his injury won´t return imo.

i´m just saying, Bebe was just year younger and they splashed on him the third of what we spended on Carroll.. money in today´s football are crazy sometimes..

and if our owners have the guts to actually spend those Torres money immediately, then i don´t see a problem with any future buys... it´s not like we have our previous owners or even those before Gillet and Hicks..

Completely and utterly pointless to compare Carroll and Torres, very different players. Carroll will never score more goals than Torres but he might bring others into play more which might result in more games won than Torres might've offered. Different players, different styles.

@pipa.konchelsky and poulsen are also players who want to be at liverpool.would you want them here?pipa,you obviously have the idea that torres is a traitor(did he invade spain with a diff country?),not better than carrol,fair enuff.lets just agree to disagree...

ok Carroll is crap, we did made a massive mistake with buying him, he´s obviously nowhere near improving, and his hairstyle is just awfull.. he spended just 6 months in premier league and his price is maybe 5 milion pounds, not more.. He can´t dribble, he can´t even move properly.. Heck, i don´t know why our living legend and saviour of our season bought him in first place.. thinking we could have bought so many 21 old strikers better than Carroll who would fit and score maybe a hattrick on their first match for us obviously.. also there is lot´s of them in the league in same age who have all the ability to make it in a new Premier league club immediately...

Last edited:

ok Carroll is crap, we did made a massive mistake with buying him, he´s obviously nowhere near improving, and his hairstyle is just awfull.. he spended just 6 months in premier league and his price is maybe 5 milion pounds, not more.. He can´t dribble, he can´t even move properly.. Heck, i don´t know why our living legend and saviour of our season bought him in first place.. thinking we could have bought so many 21 old strikers better than Carroll who would fit and score maybe a hattrick on their first match for us obviously.. also there is lot´s of them in the league in same age who have all the ability to make it in a new Premier league club immediately...

there ya go.dont you feel better now facing facts?although its a little ott.carrol isnt that awful,just not worth 35 mill and isnt better than torres and will never be.but he is ours and will get behind him.lets just hope he gets us 15+ goals a season and we'd be just fine.good man pipa,knew you'd come around:)

What's gotten into you Pipa?? :) Chill Carrol will have to prove himself to you and all of us next season. Don't have to crack it all now.

well what is done its done torres its gone and carroll its in , I dont like way how torres leave us but i can say that he did well with us score many goals and give great performance , so now i cant say Suarez its better or Carroll its better when they give us more than Torres I'll be happy to say its better Carroll or Suarez than Torres , to say the true I have fear that Carroll will be one Keane for us u remember they guy we pay much for him too but Carroll its young so lets hope on him , personaly I think we pay too much for Carroll cmon guys was 1st edition in premier league and we paid 35m coz he score 10 goals for newcastle ? maybe Chelsea pay 50m but they pay for one WORLD CLASS , but with Carroll we play bingo i think (if grow good ok if no our money go in garbige)

sorry my english I hope u understand my point !

Ai, get rid....

To add a different light on the whole, and very boring Torres vs Carrol debate. Who thinks Torres is worth 2x as much as Suarez?

I'd let Cole go for free, just to free up the wages. But if Spurs want to give us £3m as well? I'd snap their hands off and pay for them to be reattached if they wanted. Please go, Joe.

That wasn't one of Gerrard' s most intelligent statements.
As a Spurs fan it worries me that Cole and Friedel are going to Spurs. They not bad players , but by no means better than te current players. Spurs should look for reinforcements.

Oh and tik, i think Torres still has the potential to be worth twice as much as Suarze, although right at this moment it is the other way round. I've been wrong before about Suarez, so i'm most likely wrong this time too. On the other hand, if Torres can get (at last) a summer of rest and does not have to play week in week out, he can easily return at his ful potential and then i see only one better CF in the world: Eto'o (i don't consider Messi as a CF).

Last edited:

If United really want Modric, i'm afraid he is on his way out. I rate Modric much, much higher than Cole. Modric is the unsung hero of Spurs' team (for me he is THE Spurs player and not Bale). A player like Modric wants to play every year in the CL, and under Harry that seems far away with City and Liverpool as contenders... To me (and Modric?) Spurs seem the number six in the Premiership hierarchy. I don't doubt that the new Liverpool will do better than Spurs (for some reason Spurs lack the killer mentality those other teams have, even Arsenal have more this killer mentality).

there ya go.dont you feel better now facing facts?although its a little ott.carrol isnt that awful,just not worth 35 mill and isnt better than torres and will never be.but he is ours and will get behind him.lets just hope he gets us 15+ goals a season and we'd be just fine.good man pipa,knew you'd come around:)

lol i hope you saw the sarcasm in my post..

how on earth everyone predict future and know how good he will be for us? ok, he might not have the quality Torres had in his first seasons for us but remember he is just 22 year old and can improve... he might be more usefull for us than Torres ever was... becouse if the team playes better around him, than i don´t mind him not breaking records, untill we are winning..

comparing it with 30+ old players who were even bought by Hodgson is a bit silly.. If Hodgson was still our manager then, we would have Carlton Cole as new n.9 ffs..

Carroll was bought by Kenny and if he thinks he´s 35 mil. pounds worth or if he want´s him to play in his future team than i have no problem what so ever with that prize.. it was just virtual money everyone seems forget we had few hours to sign a player to replace Torres and think about our future, Kenny did the best he could.

That wasn't one of Gerrard' s most intelligent statements.

at the time he said it, he was on fire probably...Cole in his day was one of best Enlgland players...that´s why even i was expecting him to be a great signinig when he arrived previous summer..

Ai, get rid....

To add a different light on the whole, and very boring Torres vs Carrol debate. Who thinks Torres is worth 2x as much as Suarez?

exactly

about Modric, i think the same Gerd, he is just pure class..

Last edited:

lol i hope you saw the sarcasm in my post..

how on earth everyone predict future and know how good he will be for us? ok, he might not have the quality Torres had in his first seasons for us but remember he is just 22 year old and can improve... he might be more usefull for us than Torres ever was... becouse if the team playes better around him, than i don´t mind him not breaking records, untill we are winning..

comparing it with 30+ old players who were even bought by Hodgson is a bit silly.. If Hodgson was still our manager then, we would have Carlton Cole as new n.9 ffs..

Carroll was bought by Kenny and if he thinks he´s 35 mil. pounds worth or if he want´s him to play in his future team than i have no problem what so ever with that prize.. it was just virtual money everyone seems forget we had few hours to sign a player to replace Torres and think about our future, Kenny did the best he could.

at the time he said it, he was on fire probably...Cole in his day was one of best Enlgland players...that´s why even i was expecting him to be a great signinig when he arrived previous summer..

exactly

about Modric, i think the same Gerd, he is just pure class..
We have to stop this Kenny bullshit that if Kenny does something he is always going to do the best thing and who are we to say otherwise.
He is a man, he can make mistakes, you know ?

I'd let Cole go for free, just to free up the wages. But if Spurs want to give us £3m as well? I'd snap their hands off and pay for them to be reattached if they wanted. Please go, Joe.
Yes I agree, and the same goes to Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky and Brad Jones. Though I see fucking Poulsen staying here during all his contract without playing, that was what the mercenary was doing in Juventus, until we came to the rescue for Juve.

We have to stop this Kenny bullshit that if Kenny does something he is always going to do the best thing and who are we to say otherwise.
He is a man, he can make mistakes, you know ?

I never said he can´t make mistakes..if you think signing Carroll is mistake i don´t have to agree and i don´t think i would argue about this even if Carroll was bought by Hodgson.. the money is big, but it´s spended on young player for the future with a PLAN behind things.

+ Kenny bullshit? common mate, some people are never happy, who else would get us from 12 to fight for CL on the end of season, where we spended few weeks on bottom third from end

with a weak squad and injured first team players..

:SHAKE:

I never said he can´t make mistakes..if you think signing Carroll is mistake i don´t have to agree and i don´t think i would argue about this even if Carroll was bought by Hodgson.. the money is big, but it´s spended on young player for the future with a PLAN behind things.

+ Kenny bullshit? common mate, some people are never happy, who else would get us from 12 to fight for CL on the end of season, where we spended few weeks on bottom third from end

with a weak squad and injured first team players..

:SHAKE:
I didnt say that Kenny is bullshit. I said that is bullshit that he is going to do everything ok and that we cant have even an opinion, because if Kenny does somethings he has a reason (you called it a plan this time).
I have my own opinion you know.

Yes I agree, and the same goes to Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky and Brad Jones. Though I see fucking Poulsen staying here during all his contract without playing, that was what the mercenary was doing in Juventus, until we came to the rescue for Juve.

Forgot about that, Liverpool should be raising Aquilani's price just for that! Otherwise the club will have swapped Aquilani for Poulson and will have had to pay for the pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom