Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

i don´t think we buy Barton just to make Carroll score..that´s ridicilous..

Carroll barely played together with Gerrard this season..

i think Comolli said we will buy more players for future..so i expect us to buy players max. 26 years old..

Question posed on Twitter. Would you have Torres back? I said no.

Please do us a favour and buy Young, Downing and Henderson so that we can stop being linked with them and you can continue not to challenge for the title. :P

Question posed on Twitter. Would you have Torres back? I said no.

HELL NO.

Please do us a favour and buy Young, Downing and Henderson so that we can stop being linked with them and you can continue not to challenge for the title. :P

ok we will buy them, i will call Comolli tomorow to make this deals..

I'd have Torres back for half the price we sold him for. We would win the league then.

i'd have torres back in a heartbeat.as above poster said.torres and suarez and we'll win the league.torres is a world class striker.andy carrol not even fit to lace his boots.maybe we can directly swap him with torres?that be music to my ears unlike the link to lee "fucking" cattermole.whats this with bein linked to mediocre english midfielders?lets just get rory delap then.direct throws to andy's head....

wtf-animated.gif

Last edited:

Advert
Calling all average footballers - stuck at a struggling club? Want to break into the England squad? Want to earn huge amounts of money while watching the Champions League from a big club's substitutes' bench?

Then contact Aston Villa Solutions Ltd right now!!! We offer a quick, no-nonsense, fast-track route into international football and the B/C team of a side in the upper echelons of English football.

All YOU need do is hang around taking our shilling for a bit while you're not very good; then once the club has improved you to the point where you can string a few good performances together - throw yourself all over the papers and tell everyone how much you want out and have to be playing in the Champions League! Bonus points if you can pull this off less than six weeks after telling the club and supporters you want to stay.

But don't just take OUR word for it:

"Over 10 years I toiled away at Villa being average - but then a quick change of position and manager, and boom! Now I'm toiling away being average on 10 times the money with the best Champions League seat in the house booked for next season!" - Gareth, Manchester

"My career was looking a mess of unfulfilled potential until I went to Villa; within a couple of years I'd found myself sat on a really comfy subs' bench for club AND country, and am now on first name terms with my bank manager! I even put out a rumour about crying when I couldn't join. They loved that!" - James, Manchester

"Finally I've found a manager who stopped me being a less dopey version of Aaron Lennon; so now it's exit time!" - Ashley, somewhere on the M6

"I'm not going anywhere. I think when a club shows faith in an injured player, making him their record signing and highest paid player when he won't kick a ball for six months, you have to show a bit of loyalty and I'll be doing just tha- wait a sec, my phone's ringing. Bear with me, it's my agent, I need to take this" - Stewart, New Street Station

how true is this....

Torres is useless, he was useless this whole season...

imagine if he TRYED to play what he´s capable of the this season...not just against Chelsea...

If you think on how much time he SUCKED, we could have that few extra points and play Champions league next season...

he moved out while us already having new manager + Comolli + SUAREZ BOUGHT TO PLAY WITH HIM

no need for other thing to say..

also writing off Carroll after those few minutes he played in new team...is just fucking crazy!

Last edited:

No I wouldn't want Torres back either. He was a waste of space last season (when fit) and thinks he's bigger than the club so thanks but no thanks.

Now just say next season that Carroll happens to score shit loads, I hope all the people in here slating him will still say the same.

The thing is, whatever was paid for him, at least give him a bloody chance. He's a new Liverpool player so start supporting him! If he's shit after next season then fair enough but for now, wind your necks in as it's boring.

Torres is useless, he was useless this whole season...

imagine if he TRYED to play what he´s capable of the this season...not just against Chelsea...

If you think on how much time he SUCKED, we could have that few extra points and play Champions league next season...

he moved out while us already having new manager + Comolli + SUAREZ BOUGHT TO PLAY WITH HIM

no need for other thing to say..

also writing off Carroll after those few minutes he played in new team...is just fucking crazy!

Pipa i will not comment much on this post, because it would seem that i would try to insult you if i gave you my honest comment. You are a nice guy and i don't want to offend you...

One thing however, reread that last sentence and replace "Carroll" with "Torres" and you have a statement that is much more valid than the original one.

Why always searching individual scape goats for a bad season: Hicks and Gillet (there is reason there), Hodgson (not much reason), Torres (none at all)? Just look forward...

PS: Torres would be a great signing...:COOL:

Hodgson not much? Seriously? He could've stayed five years and he still wouldn't have worked. His style of play and management was driving players away from the club and we came VERY close to losing Reina because of him.

Pipa i will not comment much on this post, because it would seem that i would try to insult you if i gave you my honest comment. You are a nice guy and i don't want to offend you...

One thing however, reread that last sentence and replace "Carroll" with "Torres" and you have a statement that is much more valid than the original one.

Why always searching individual scape goats for a bad season: Hicks and Gillet (there is reason there), Hodgson (not much reason), Torres (none at all)? Just look forward...

Thanks, but to be honest, Hodgson apointment was bigest mistake we could make.. it was stupid to sack Rafa in first place while we had previous owners.. Torres was knowing his future is not with us, and he underperformed under Hodgson, you have to admit + we played the worst football i have seen since i remember..

who to blame for that if not the coach who is responsible for how the players perform on pitch?

Torres would be all but great signing, I would take back Alonso or Mascherano, but i would never took back Torres, just for the way he treated the fans during his escape...

and to be honest again Carroll did not played fully fit those few matches and he is new to the club.. without any pre-season... i see him becoming new Lucas already....

ffs

and yes, you might think Suarez also didn´t have pre season and he´s more valuable, but then again.. his position is different, he´s not the true CF most of the time... he scored twice that much as Carroll, but played twice that many games! and i don´t count how many times Carroll played just as substitute...

i say, judge Carroll after some matches...Did Torres payed back his 50 milion for Chelsea?

not at all.

Except the Hodgson part, I totally agree in the rest of your points.
Also, at least Chelsea paid a fair sum for Torres, considering his marketing value and things he have donde in football. I remember Rafa saying in his last season here that Torres was a sell machine in Asia.
About Carroll and his 40M and 80k per week, I wouldnt even know where to start. He can still end up being a good player for us, but that doesnt mean it wasnt a stupid decision to buy a six month striker for that amount.

Last edited:

i belive marketing value goes on the same line with the performances... Torres walue droped imo...also he´s not that explosive striker as he was first seasons..

that is becouse of his injury, that´s why i would not want him back

i belive we sell him at right time and right price..

now he woudl be worth 20 mil. maximum..

----------- btw.

Sunderland are bracing themselves for a battle to keep hold of prize asset Jordan Henderson with Liverpool FC hot on his trail.

Reports on Friday suggested the Merseysiders have made an improved £15million bid for the 20-year-old England midfielder.

The Black Cats were not commenting on the matter, but it is understood they are well aware of Liverpool’s interest and remain unmoved in their stance that the player is not for sale.

Manager Steve Bruce has informally placed a value of around £20million on Henderson’s head, an acknowledgement of the figure it might take to persuade his current employers to think about any offer.

However, the intention is still to place the Academy graduate at the centre of the club’s plans for the new campaign and in the circumstances, Liverpool’s interest in him is both unwelcome and potentially divisive.

The Reds’ pursuit of striker Kenwyne Jones, along with that of Tottenham in January 2009, had the effect of unsettling the player, and while he ultimately stayed at the Stadium of Light after signing a new and improved contract, his form dipped and he was eventually sold to Stoke.

Sunderland will hope their interest in Henderson, who is currently away on England Under-21 duty, does not turn his head with the midfielder leading the way for a new generation of home-grown players on Wearside.

Speculation over the midfielder’s future has been rife since his form for the Black Cats won him a regular starting berth two seasons ago and in November last year, his elevation to the senior England squad.

Manchester United and Manchester City have both been credited with an interest in him in the recent past, and Bruce is realistic enough to know that there could come a point at which an offer simply becomes too good to refuse.

That is exactly what happened with neighbours Newcastle when Liverpool placed £35million on the table for striker Andy Carroll and it remains to be seen whether they are prepared to go high enough to tempt Sunderland to change their minds.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has also been linked with a move for Bruce’s skipper Lee Cattermole, whose time at the Stadium of Light has been blighted by injuries.

Far from looking to sell key players this summer, Bruce has repeatedly spoken of his intention to add to his squad, and the list of names reportedly in his sights increased on Friday when United duo Darron Gibson and Wes Brown were thrown into the mix amid suggestions that they could be involved in a swap deal with Henderson.

Republic of Ireland midfielder Gibson’s international boss, Giovanni Trapattoni, has repeatedly suggested that the player may need to move from Old Trafford if he is to get the regular football he craves, although he has shown little inclination to do so.

YouTube - Jordan Henderson | Goals & Assists 2010/2011 | ☆HD 720p☆

imo that´s some crazy values for him..15 milion... i belive Juve want this for Aquilani...

crazy football market

i belive marketing value goes on the same line with the performances... Torres walue droped imo...also he´s not that explosive striker as he was first seasons..

that is becouse of his injury, that´s why i would not want him back

i belive we sell him at right time and right price..

now he woudl be worth 20 mil. maximum..

----------- btw.

YouTube - Jordan Henderson | Goals & Assists 2010/2011 | ☆HD 720p☆

imo that´s some crazy values for him..15 milion... i belive Juve want this for Aquilani...

crazy football market
Juventus are offering 6M for Aquilani. They are being smart, they know Kenny doesnt rate him and we are behind the likes of Adam. They already have Pirlo and Marchisio on that role, so they dont really need Aquilani, but they offer anyway 6M for him knowing that for that sum is a no brainer, and if Liverpool is stupid enough to accept those 6M then they can sell one of their mediocres midfielders.
The worst part is that it is not clear that we are going to reject that insult of offer. We may sell him to cut the wage bill, but the wage bill should be reduced by letting go the likes of Joe Cole, Jovanovic (who combined, have cost this season 1M E per month), Brad Jones, Poulsen, Konchesky, Degen. It is very simple, let go every player Hodgson brought and bring back every player he sent out on loan (except Degen and El Zhar).

The problem with the £6m (despite it being a fucking ridiculous price and massively undervalued) is that we owe Roma £4.4m at the end of June for him still. So £6m is more than an insult.

to bid 6 milion for him is crazy... i expect him to come back next season if we don´t recieve a fair bid for him... not less than 20 milions imo.

and seriously we should stop looking at overpriced English players..

for this i miss Rafa...even if he bought few useless players, at the end of the day, he bought us players like Kuyt, Reina, Agger, Lucas, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Benayoun, Alonso, even Torres for nothing..at the time we were having worst owners ever..

Last edited:

apparantly we are very interested in Connor Wickham from Ipswitch as well...

ah,the british narrow mindedness of staff strikes again.our scouts i must say are "world class".and anyone saying toress is rubbish just cos the way he left us should have his head examined.he broke just bout every goal scoring record for us in a very short time.players are just about loyal to clubs as clubs are to players.dont see anyone bitchin bout tryin to get rid of poulsen and the likes.what happened to loyalty there?players move on,lets move on as well eh?toress is world class even if he plays for united,cant take that away form him.you make excuses for carrol yet say torres hasnt justified his price tag for chelsea?im willing to bet alot of money on torres outscoring carrol next season.up for a bet pipa?

Poor Aquilani had to be taken off today because of injury in 1st half in Italy vs. Estonia game. :(

ah,the british narrow mindedness of staff strikes again.our scouts i must say are "world class".and anyone saying toress is rubbish just cos the way he left us should have his head examined.he broke just bout every goal scoring record for us in a very short time.players are just about loyal to clubs as clubs are to players.dont see anyone bitchin bout tryin to get rid of poulsen and the likes.what happened to loyalty there?players move on,lets move on as well eh?toress is world class even if he plays for united,cant take that away form him.you make excuses for carrol yet say torres hasnt justified his price tag for chelsea?im willing to bet alot of money on torres outscoring carrol next season.up for a bet pipa?

definetly, well except i won´t bet money, but if we should compare this two players, let´s be fair and and judge them both goal scoring ratio + the time they are on pitch..

Torres played how many full matches for Chelsea to score 1 goal?

compare that to the time Carroll needed to score his goals for us..

i think you will get interesting numbers..

Last edited:

I miss Alonso too...one of the most underrated players in the game. What a shame he is playing for Real Madrid now.

About the price for Henderson. I agree that it's a crazy price. But that is the negative side effect of having the best competition in the world...Free market principles make that very good players ' worth is following the (also) exagerated worth of foreign (not always) star players.

In Henderson's case, i would risk the gamble...i think he is one of the best young English players in the game.

Torres played how many full matches for Chelsea to score 1 goal?

compare that to the time Carroll needed to score his goals for us..

i think you will get interesting numbers..

could care less bout what he has or hasnt done for chelsea.only know what he did for for liverpool.and i think you'll get very interesting numbers there.youre comparing him him to carrol???whos played like a number of games in the premiership before we got him?whos has never scored internationaly anywhere to fernando torres?world cup winner,euro champ,record scorer of liverpool fc?you are either some deluded kid or you really need serious medical help.nobody will ever hand on heart will tell you carrol is a better striker than torres.FACHT...

Post of the month, congratulations.

could care less bout what he has or hasnt done for chelsea.only know what he did for for liverpool.and i think you'll get very interesting numbers there.youre comparing him him to carrol???whos played like a number of games in the premiership before we got him?whos has never scored internationaly anywhere to fernando torres?world cup winner,euro champ,record scorer of liverpool fc?you are either some deluded kid or you really need serious medical help.nobody will ever hand on heart will tell you carrol is a better striker than torres.FACHT...

well now hold on mate..

I don´t care at all what he did for us now..What Torres did for us in past has nothing to do with him being better than Carroll NOW...becouse we exchainged him for Carroll + 25 milion pounds. That is we sold him for twice the price we bought him.. as soon as we get money for him, he and Carroll are on the same line in thieir new clubs - from the both Chelsea and Liverpool point of view.. simple as that..

It would be other thing if Torres was still playing for us and we bought Carroll then to our club for more than we spended on Torres..

Carroll price was within Torres price + we bought Suarez before, wich make you think we have still 25 milion pounds left from Torres transfer + we have Suarez and Carroll and summer ahead...

To make it more clear..

If you aim to look at 22 years old Carroll, as expensive and undeperforming player that cost us 30 milion pounds

then it´s the same as Chelsea fans look on Torres, 27 years old, expensive and underperforming player who cost them 50 milion pounds

i think we are in better position with Carroll right now than Chelsea with Torres..

Last edited:

i think we are in better position with Carroll right now than Chelsea with Torres..

I think Chelsea are in the better position. Caroll will never be as good as Torres and Torres will be his old self next season (one of the reasons why he was struggling was due to injuries and that was due to the fact that he played too much, because he also played for Spain and Liverpool had no alternative - a player like Caroll would have been a good alternative, so Caroll could be very usefull as back-up for a world class striker...).

Agree. Torres will come good once he's had a while to clear his head.

It's similar to the (short-sighted) United fans looking to sell Rooney because he was looking so poor in November. Now that he's back it's clear why Fergie was so desperate to keep him.

That kind of talent doesn't go away forever. And you can't develop it either. Carroll and Suarez for Torres was a good deal for everyone imo, especially Newcastle!

I think Chelsea are in the better position. Caroll will never be as good as Torres and Torres will be his old self next season (one of the reasons why he was struggling was due to injuries and that was due to the fact that he played too much, because he also played for Spain and Liverpool had no alternative - a player like Caroll would have been a good alternative, so Caroll could be very usefull as back-up for a world class striker...).

Look, i know Torres is better overall player, but saying Carroll will never be as good as him is strainge...

as good as what?

goal scorer? striker, rolemodel, traitor?

look, we signed Torres when he was about to reach his best, we seen best of Torres and i belive best he was capable, until everyone knew him and marked him and untill he was 100% injury free + we bought him when he was 23..

on the other hand Carroll just now turned 22, he´s about to fully recover and i belive he will next season as well show his worth..

if we look back on both players Liverpool carrerrs, then i will judge Carroll...

and to be honest, i think he has all the abilitys to score more goals for us than Torres after all, he needs right players and he need the right attitude.. Torres attitude this season for us was very unprofessional..

He might have been more explosive or more lethal, but i don´t belive he will return to his 2007-2009 form...

Back
Top Bottom