Liverpool Thread

Yeah but Gerrard is definately gonna go. They've still got some chance in keeping Owen.
They should have sold Owen when Real Madrid were still after him.

Probably going to be the resolution of the Gerrard saga then, I'm betting on that being the case. Mark my words, he's staying.

He's staying, but never say never in the world of football....

In other news -

Baros - Give me Liverpool chance and I'll get you goals

Milan Baros insisted he can bring his fantastic Euro 2004 form back with him to Liverpool if new coach Rafael Benitez gives him a chance.

The 22-year-old scored a brilliant double against Denmark to send the Czech Republic surging into a semi-final against Greece and become the tournament's top scorer so far with five goals.

It is a far cry from the disappointments of last season, when he first broke his leg and then found himself dropped by ex-Reds boss Gerard Houllier.

Baros said: "It was a difficult period for me last season but I knew I was going to be out for four or five months after the injury and then I would be fit for the Euro, so I'm happy I'm here and happy we have been successful.

"After my injury I played a few games and I thought I played well but then the boss put me on the bench - that was a difficult period for me as well.

"If I'm playing then maybe I can reproduce this form! I'm sure that given the chance I can play like this for Liverpool."

Looks like Stevie G's family have persuaded him to stay - tho I think LFC are going to have to show improvement this season or he may well be tempted again...

Just made Benitez' job a lot easier...

On the euro form, i think you'd have to say Baros has got to be the'pools number 1 striker next season?

Woo hoo!! :mrgreen:
That was a huge relief. I had to admit that I accepted the rumours that he was gonna leave especially with Abrahamovich's millions. Thankfully he ain't. Good to see the players still have some pride in the club...

Right what now? We definitely need a lot of rebuilding to do - defenders and wide players must be Benitez' priority now. After all the speculation, I would like to see Duff come this way tho'

gerrard stayin and apparantly ballack is having medical 2morow and could be unveiled along side cisse at a press conference,things are starting to look up for the greatest club in the world!!!
:D :D

quirkovski said:
gerrard stayin and apparantly ballack is having medical 2morow and could be unveiled along side cisse at a press conference,things are starting to look up for the greatest club in the world!!!
:D :D

PHEW!!

What is this about Ballack??

Ballack isn't going anywhere. Bayern have confirmed it.
Baros has been great but I doubt he can play as well for Liverpool without the great passes he recieves from Poborski and Nedved.

Man, i would love to see Liverpool make a bid for someone like Rosicky to play just behind the strikers, or in the alternative, a solid right winger. Maybe after Euro 2004 , they may make a move for Poborsky.

My wet dream would be for them to somehow get 20 year old American Landon Donovan from the MLS, who has looked incredible in internationals this year.

Great news about Gerrard !!
He's made the right decision, he's still young
and can afford to give the club 2 years
to prove that they're on the right track.

We really need 2 attacking midfielders (a winger, playmaker) and a couple of pacy defenders
and we should be all set.

ghazi said:
Man, i would love to see Liverpool make a bid for someone like Rosicky to play just behind the strikers, or in the alternative, a solid right winger. Maybe after Euro 2004 , they may make a move for Poborsky.

My wet dream would be for them to somehow get 20 year old American Landon Donovan from the MLS, who has looked incredible in internationals this year.

Karel Poborsky. No thanks, he showed last time the lack of proficiency he has in the Premiership. Rosicky on the other hand would be superb, and would complement our midfield. I hope we can snag Gallas, Ayala, Ballack, Rosicky and Malbranque this summer. Any and all of them would be superb signings, and ones I'd love to see line up next season.

MarkD said:
ghazi said:

Karel Poborsky. No thanks, he showed last time the lack of proficiency he has in the Premiership. Rosicky on the other hand would be superb, and would complement our midfield. I hope we can snag Gallas, Ayala, Ballack, Rosicky and Malbranque this summer. Any and all of them would be superb signings, and ones I'd love to see line up next season.

Where was Poborsky before in the EPL?

ballack had agreed to join barca but bayern wanted £15million at least for him and barca didnt want to pay that much! whilst rafa was in portugal he spoke to ballack about a possible move, and with bayern wanting to take didi hamann back to germany the rumour is that we will give £8-10 million for him plus didi hamannn! in my view it would be one of best transfer coups of the summer!the next 48hours are going to be intersting!

MarkD said:
ghazi said:

To be fair, Poborsky has really been in superb form over the last
1 year with his performances for the Czechs.
He's a bit too old (32+) for us, but he's surely a superb player.

I think Ballack would be a great signing, but if we play him
along with Gerrard, then we would not have any place for a player
like Rosicky. Rosicky likes to play in the hole, so unless Rafa goes
for 5 in midfield, then Rosicky would not play.

It's interesting times at Liverpool, Gerrard is staying, we're being
linked with big names again. Good times are coming !!

Didnt Gerrard look really chuffed when he announced he was staying, he looked like someone was pointing a gun at his head!

At the moment everything in the garden looks rosy and now that the Euro Champs are nearly over I cant wait for the real footy to kick off again

Over the moon that Gerrard is staying, now i hope we can get some more big nasmes in.

And have we officially signed Cisse yet??

More rumours this morning about a swap deal with us and Bayern, Hamman for Hargreaves. That would be nice

I would prefer Ballack, the goals he gets from midfield is what we need.

Thursday shall be a busy day in the world of football...

Sabac Red said:
I would prefer Ballack, the goals he gets from midfield is what we need.

Thursday shall be a busy day in the world of football...

i just couldnt see ballack leaving bayern though, isnt he a boyhood fan?

ghazi said:

yeah donavan would dominate, i feel he is that good and has that much talent.....

Rumours, rumours, rumours they just wont go away. Now we have the Stevie G thing well and truly sorted we are now being linked with a shedload of Spanish players and a few players who I would never want to see near the club.

I hate this time of year when all we have is rumour and speculation. Can we not just have proper footy stories when someone actually signs rather than linking Juan Spaniard and Bobby Kickaball with anyone who has a bit of cash floating around

:roll:

Here we go with another EXCLUSIVE from The Sun newspaper, apparently Stevie sent a text to Mr Abramovich after we had been beaten by Portugal telling him that he would sign for Chelski once he got home.

How fucking stupid does that sound?!?!?!

Oh and Davids could be heading our way as well, its a race between us and Spurs

Back
Top Bottom