Liverpool Thread

Liverpool (Parry) seem to be taking it easy probably waiting for another
week before announcing the new manager.
Which might mean that they already have agreed terms with Benitez.
Benitez's resignation from Valencia has spoilt a bit of the suspense,
he says he has a few options. But if he's resigned, it has to mean
that his options are attractive enough to have made him do so.

But Parry will come back from Barbados only next week.

footyfan said:
New kit

ladyboy_redshite.jpg

Anyway, the new kit is pretty much the same, they wore it on the last day of the season against newcastle.

there are some rumours around here that say it's possible that G.Houlier might come to Benfica...knowing nothing about your last coach i'd like to hear some opinions... :roll:

Soundtracker said:
there are some rumours around here that say it's possible that G.Houlier might come to Benfica...knowing nothing about your last coach i'd like to hear some opinions... :roll:

he's a decent coach. he won us the UEFA cup, FA cup, League Cup in one season. And got us into the Champions league 3 times (once in the Quarter-finals, once in the 1st group stage).
But his teams' style of football is not very attractive.
Some of his signings are questionable.
But he has revamped Liverpool's training complex into one of the best.

thanks mathewsss...i just didn't know anything about him but my impression wasn't very good cause i don't remember liverpool winning anything in the last few years, wich is kind of strange for such big and historical club (aswell as benfica ;) )

i'm not very concerned with his signings (like diouf...) cause in benfica the signings are not made only by the coach.

i'd like to know more about his relationship with players and his tactical knoledge and mentality during matches (is he one of those who likes to risk a bit when he should or he plays safe)

by the way...hope liverpool soon gets back to the old glory times, just like benfica seems to be doing now...at least we're on the right way

jamie_mack said:
so the thai priminister has now pulled out this is turning into a right farce!

Not sure he has - they just won't fund the bid with money from a special lottery.

Dietmar Hamann has been linked with a move back to one of his former clubs. Bayern Munich are said to be interested in bringing the exiled German back to his home country and by all accounts it looks like Dietmar might be interested.

Hamann is quoted as saying:
"If Bayern should actually show interest, I will of course have to think very seriously about accepting an offer. There are only four or five clubs in the world of the calibre of Bayern Munich."

Hamann only has a year left on his contract and with no manager at Anfield to discuss a new contract, it has to leave room for thought for Hamann and any of the players in his situation. I know I keep harping on about it, but it seems such a daft idea for Liverpool to sack Houllier and then leave it a month until employing a successor!

Hamann has received a bit of stick from some quarters this year but I have a lot of time for the player. He sits in front of the defence and performs a solid job and only seems to get noticed when he's not playing and there's a great big gap for the opposition to explore.

If you also look back on last season, Stevie Gerrard only started to come into an amazing run of form after Hamann returned from injury and allowed the Liverpool captain to push forward and call the shots further up the field.

If Hamann left Anfield and we didn't have a suitable replacement then Gerrard could again be asked to sit back and play a defensive role which we all know would be a waste of the rest of his talents.

We will need a decent replacement for him before we even consider letting him go

Benitez is apparently not yet decided on who he will join, he claims to have multiple offers, maybe Liverpool is one of them.

So what the heck is Parry talking about confirming the new
manager within the next week (a fortnight 1 week ago).

Parry is on vacation at the worst possible time, leaving our club and the players in limbo.
Nobodu knows who the new manager will be.
Mourinho has already joined Chelsea, and now Benitez is saying that
he has other offers to look at.

Will we end up losing out on the best manager ?
I hope not, otherwise Parry will be forced to settle on a 2nd-rate choice.

Houlier is not comming to Benfica! We're negociating with a better one...

the more I read on the web, it appears that Parry and Benitez have already
come to an agreement,
but they are both creating their respective smokescreens.

Parry is on "holiday" during this crucial juncture but said that he will
announce the new manager within 2 weeks (1 week from now).
Benitez quit Valencia 1 week ago, and has a 15 day sign-off with
Valencia ...fits perfectly till the end of next week.
Liverpool are making it appear as if they are not poaching Benitez.
The media were rife with rumours that GH would be sacked before
it happened, Parry was quiet. But GH did get sacked.
Before Benitez quit Valencia, the media were writing stories about
how Benitez was favouring a move to Anfield and that he was the #1
favourite for the Board. Benitez initially denied wanting to leave
Valencia, then quit later !! Parry has not admitted talking to Benitez so far.
Obviously Liverpool have made contact before Benitez announced
his resignation, but now both parties are making it appear as if nothing
concrete has happened.
Benitez is making it look as if he is just mulling over some non-concrete
offers from various clubs.
Parry is making it look as if he's taking it slow and easy.
But the fact is most probably that Benitez and Parry have already agreed
on the move.

I think we will have Benitez unveiled as the new manager by the end
of next week.

Might be Scolari, Lippi or our good old Erickson (i doubt about this one)

Debril Cisse will play in Liverpool next season? or it's just a rumour yet?

yeah, those are all good choices.

Yes, it is official that Cisse will join on July 1st.
But it will be interesting if Rafa Benitez has had
any say in the signing.

SulphuricX said:
This true?
Hamaan ---> Bayern Munich

1.5M?

Just a rumour at the minute mate, however Hamann has said he would like to play for Munich in the future. Who knows what will happen this summer

Whoa! Yeah we need to bring him in now, Chelsea, Manure even Tottenham are putting the gears in motion.

We need to put our hand in the transfer market...

Liverpool won't be announcing Benitez is our new manager as, IIRC, he cannot work (or intend to work) for another employer for 15 days after his resignation.

Hence htis is probably why Ranieri won't be announced as new Valencia manager until 15 passes since Benitez's 'reseignation'.

Behind the scenes at LFC plans are afoot to offload some players and to start to bring others in

Yeh exactly, when do their contracts end anyway. Liv already have 2 quality keepers anyway.

Canizares is the strong rumour I have heard with Dudek clearing off to make room for him

I doubt that Aimar, Ayala and Canizares will leave. You can't just win the title and then throw away your star players like that.
Ranieri's gonna join soon and I'm sure he'd want to keep them as a structure if he decides to rebuild the team.

Borussia Dortmund schemer Tomas Rosicky has conceded that his hopes of securing a dream move to Liverpool may have left with departing manager Gerard Houllier.

The 56-year-old French coach was a huge admirer of the talented Czech star and was ready to make a summer swoop for the player before being relieved of his post at Anfield.

Rosicky is desperate to leave Dortmund following a disappointing season in the Bundesliga, but he must anxiously await the thoughts of incoming Reds boss Rafael Benitez before packing his bags for Merseyside.

Rosicky admitted: "Houllier really wanted me. But I am not sure what the new manager thinks about it all."

"I need new surroundings. Last season was the worst of my career and BVB must understand that I am not happy."

Its a shame that, wouldnt have minded seeing him at Anfield

if the Rosicky move is on hold due to a change in manager,
then how come the Cisse move looks to be going ahead.

Would'nt Benitez have an option on who to buy, especially if Cisse
cost 14million?

mathewsss said:
if the Rosicky move is on hold due to a change in manager,
then how come the Cisse move looks to be going ahead.

Would'nt Benitez have an option on who to buy, especially if Cisse
cost 14million?

I don't know many directors who would not want Cisse, the guy's got talent to spare.

Back
Top Bottom