Liverpool Thread

Boro said:
Misfit said:
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he wants to keep Emile Heskey at Anfield and not sell him to Middlesbrough.

The Premiership outfit made an offer for the player earlier in the week but Heskey's not keen on a move to the north east. He has however indicated that he would be prepared to move to AC Milan.

Woohooo! Thats made my day that! Cheers for the info misfit 8)

no worries...damn it!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Boro said:
Misfit said:
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he wants to keep Emile Heskey at Anfield and not sell him to Middlesbrough.

The Premiership outfit made an offer for the player earlier in the week but Heskey's not keen on a move to the north east. He has however indicated that he would be prepared to move to AC Milan.

Woohooo! Thats made my day that! Cheers for the info misfit 8)

YesYesYes!!!

The longer Mr Em stays at Anfailed the better, i'd be gutted to see him go.

:mrgreen:

prick!

Liverpool have denied that Heskey is going anywhere while Boro are saying they have put a bid in.....

Houllier also said that we will be selling nobody and buying nobody

Damn it sell Heskey already. We need funds for a right winger asap. Chelski's after Rosicky ffs!

Borussia Dortmund midfield ace Tomas Rosicky has revealed he's been contacted by Chelsea.
A long-time target for Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier, Rosicky's future is undecided with Dortmund needing to sell players due to worrying debts.

"Yes, it's true. I have known for eight or nine days now of Chelsea's interest," said Rosicky.

"If someone - like in the case of [goalkeeper] Jens Lehmann - wants to leave and the price is right, then we can discuss it," admitted Dortmund business manager Michael Meier.

spurs today,shouldnt be too much of a problem pickin up three points there.spurs are without kanoute(mali,african nations cup),only problem might be robbie keane.see us gettin away with a 2-1 win....

Lets get em well and truly beat. Maybe us losing Diouf for a while will be a good thing

BAD NEWS

we're down a goal to spurs!!

GOOD NEWS
KopTalk can exclusively reveal that Liverpool have accepted a formal bid from Middlesbrough for striker Emile Heskey.

A transfer fee has been agreed between both clubs but the transfer is subject to several important factors.

Middlesbrough have increased their original bid after making Heskey their priority signing over Manchester United's Nicky Butt but despite the increase in their cash offer, there's still no sign of a proposed deal happening just yet.

Obviously the deal can only proceed if the player agrees personal terms and subsequently passes a medical. However, Liverpool have indicated to Boro that they will only press ahead with a transfer now if another experienced striker can be brought in.

Champions League qualification is more important in the long term hence the reason why Gerard Houllier wants to keep the player. The board on the other hand are keen to offset some of the transfer fee that they are paying out for Djibril Cisse and are keen to cash in.

Both the board and the manager have agreed that selling the player now without a replacement would be potential suicide. Fresh attempts have been made to Auxerre to release Cisse earlier but they are having none of it. The Reds are now trying to identify a loan signing while at the same time trying to play down the whole saga.

Middlesbrough are hoping for developments after the weekend after telling Liverpool that they will step up their search for another striker this month if a deal can not be concluded. Ideally Liverpool would prefer this transfer to go through in the summer but Boro need re-inforcements now.

One source at Anfield told us this morning: "A fee has been agreed. Gerard is making enquiries about bringing in a striker on loan but time is against him. Buying is an option."

She added: "Enquiries have been made in Scotland and with two Premiership outfits."

Sell him or keep him? We say keep him until the summer at least. It would be madness to release him now unless Boro have offered silly money.

There's only one club in Scotland that would be enquiring I'd say, what with MON working with him in the past. However Houllier was on TV last night saying Heskey will not be sold during the window - full stop.

btw it's 2-1 now.

ClassicD said:
There's only one club in Scotland that would be enquiring I'd say, what with MON working with him in the past. However Houllier was on TV last night saying Heskey will not be sold during the window - full stop.

dont really care when he leaves..as long as he f*cks off,i'll be a happy man..

here's something intresting..
Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier is confident Martin O'Neill will no longer be touted as his successor in the Anfield hot-seat.

The Celtic boss has been widely tipped to replace the Frenchman during what has been a disappointing campaign so far for the Merseyside club. But Houllier has revealed the two men thrashed out their differences over the phone and he believes the speculation will now end.

He told The Mirror: 'As far as Martin O'Neill goes, I don't think the speculation about him and my job will come back again. The Martin O'Neill saga has been going on for about 14 months now. To be fair to him, he phoned me. I am pleased that he did that. I value our relationship, as I told him.

'I also told him that in the English press there were no denials from him, nothing to say it was rubbish. At the time when the rumours were reaching their height, and in a very light-hearted way I just said Martin must have very good friends in the press because his name keeps coming out.

'As I said maybe he has a very good agent. I know now that he has no agent, by the way.'

Houllier is much wiser about the situation in the light of his conversation with O'Neill.

'I think maybe those light-hearted comments had offended him,' he said. 'I am sorry about that. But we have sorted it all out now, and there is no problem. Everything is fine.

'In the first stage, yes, the rumours were irritating; then at the second stage it became extremely entertaining.

'It got to the point where Sam Allardyce was being linked with my job last week. That was funny.'

ya thoughts CD?

Stopped caring about press linking MON away from CP a long time ago, they've been doing it from the day he walked in the front door. Up here it's all hun journos trying to unsettle Celts, couldn't care less about the Southern media either.

Gerard Houllier might aswell start to clear his desk, because I know the time is just around the corner ;)

& i'm sure you liverpool fans have now seen enough

We started playing defensive again. For the first 60 minutes of the game we had fuck all creativity and nothing exciting happening. 2 goals down and Houllier decides that we should start taking risks and bungs on a couple of subs which changes our system and we score a goal and should have had a pen late on.

When will he learn that Biscan isnt a centre back and that Traore shouldnt even be on the bench, let alone on the pitch.

The guy on the radio used the term `erratic` which is a polite way of saying that today we were shite

Misfit said:
Sell him or keep him? We say keep him until the summer at least. It would be madness to release him now unless Boro have offered silly money.

Im worried we have. Mcclaren doesnt have a fooking clue

Boro said:
Mcclaren doesnt have a fooking clue

youre right,he doesnt...

Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren has revealed that he's not confident of landing Liverpool striker Emile Heskey before the transfer window closes.

KopTalk understands that both clubs reached an agreement over the valuation of the player but with Auxerre refusing to release Djibril Cisse earlier and a lack of talent available for a quick fix, a proposed deal may now not happen.

"I have seen what has been said at Liverpool but we did have talks and an enquiry was made," said McClaren.

"However, they don't want to sell him and that looks like that is that with that one."

The finances don't appear to be the problem, it just seems to be a case of bad timining for the Reds who were keen to cash in.

If Liverpool can find a solution before the transfer window closes the deal could still go ahead.

but hey,houllier doesnt sem to have a fuckin clue as well so.....

EXCLUSIVE!!
Ruud Van Nistelrooy spotted in madrid

ferrari1.jpg

Misfit said:
EXCLUSIVE!!
Ruud Van Nistelrooy spotted in madrid

ferrari1.jpg

no thats just a horse u theiving scouse bastard

EDIT: This is hutch, stop retaliating to posts when people wind you up. If the posts you dont like get no reaction, the person who did it won't do it again. You're just making it easy for them.

verpool manager Gerard Houllier has explained how his team's gameplan to frustrate Tottenham for an hour and then to hit them didn't quite work.

The Reds lost the game 2-1 despite pulling a goal back in a frantic finale to the game and having a last-gasp penalty appeal turned down.

"In English football you have to expect even the best teams to drop their game," claimed Houllier. "Maybe we thought this would be a game when we could frustrate them until half time and then play better in the second half, because we always seem to have better second halves than first halves.

"I don't think we have a level of maturity at the moment to manage that in a game like this. You can do it in a game against a lower division team in the FA Cup, but when you have a game like this, in English football, you cannot say, 'Okay, we'll frustrate them for about an hour and then we'll hit them'. To me, even a bad Liverpool should have got something out of this game."

what the fuck is wrong with this man??!!!

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has explained how his team's gameplan to frustrate Tottenham for an hour and then to hit them didn't quite work.

The Reds lost the game 2-1 despite pulling a goal back in a frantic finale to the game and having a last-gasp penalty appeal turned down.

"In English football you have to expect even the best teams to drop their game," claimed Houllier. "Maybe we thought this would be a game when we could frustrate them until half time and then play better in the second half, because we always seem to have better second halves than first halves.

"I don't think we have a level of maturity at the moment to manage that in a game like this. You can do it in a game against a lower division team in the FA Cup, but when you have a game like this, in English football, you cannot say, 'Okay, we'll frustrate them for about an hour and then we'll hit them'. To me, even a bad Liverpool should have got something out of this game."

No, no, no, no, no. Just no!! When will he learn that we cant play defensively and expect to win a football match

Ahh the old adage "theres always someone worse of than you".

GH, even if the scousers (mostly the plastic ones) cant stand you you'll always have a special place in the heart of Red Mancunians. :D

Actually even blue ones love you cos they've got Nic (and you cant beat them either)

So heres to you and Emile :D

Keep up the good work and keep the red flag flyin high!! :)

Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Ged is willing to die for LFC, alot of people should remember that.

No he isnt.Ya really think if he was on an electric chair bein told that he would die for the good of liverpool fc,he would say"so where do you plug it in?""aint i supposed to be wet?".No!He fell ill,people fall ill.The sad part was he was at liverpool when he fell ill.He was probably stressed cos he was not doin he's job well,not becos he's "beloved" liverpool was doin badly.If that was the case,he would have died when liverpool fc stepped out on wembley with thier cream suits losing to the mancs.Dont get me wrong,i dont wish no one harm but all this "he'd die for liverpool" is just plain crap.
What part of liverpool are you from misfit?

im not in the uk man

Yep Vapours, ya man Misfit is a classic case of a plastic scouser, you hear them all the time on the radio, calling for GH's head blah blah blah.

Funnily enough the genuine scousers that phone seem to have a different attitude towards him (a bit like you Vapours).

LOL I heard GH on the radio this morning, he sounded like he was getting his excuses ready.

He is beginning to overtake Evans as my fave lfc manager ever.

"10 green scousers on the line"

:)

Gerrard and Owen are back tonight and as long as our back 4 doesnt include anyone playing out of position then all should be fine

Back
Top Bottom