Liverpool Thread

fd1972uk said:
We still don't believe you, he's f***ing shite.

I remember my bro saying to me that this guy was totally amazing, just like he said with Gronkjaer and just like he said how Stephane Guivarch would be top scorer in France'98.............I can see a pattern developing, can anyone else?

FD

yeah that your not the only piss-head in the family :mrgreen:

Liverpool have approached Southampton regarding a possible loan move for their goalkeeper Paul Jones.

The 36-year-old has been out of favour since losing his first-team place to Antti Niemi last year and the Reds were given persmission to speak to the player yesterday.

Jones has been told he can leave and he is expected to make a decision on Friday. Reports suggest that he is more interested in a permanent move but the offer to play for Liverpool may be too good to turn down.

Portsmouth have also made an enquiry.

Liverpool's rookie goalkeeper Patrice Luzi has been tipped to start the match against Villa on Saturday.

Regular shot-stoppers Jerzy Dudek and Chris Kirkland are both out injured which means Academy 'keeper Paul Harrison will be on the bench.

Dudek has been sent for a scan today and the Reds are looking at what other 'keepers may be available to come in on loan but the chances of landing someone before the weekend appear slim.

Speaking today, the boss said: "We won't know until later today but I believe Jerzy will be out a couple of weeks. We will have to look at bringing someone in, even if it's just on loan.

"I think we need experience as cover although I am very happy with Patrice Luzi. He came into the game at a very difficult period and did extremey well."

Chris Kirkland is not expected to return for at least a month because of his broken finger

Liverpool have solved their goalkeeping crisis by taking Paul Jones on loan from Southampton.

Full story to follow...

The Tory leader and Liverpool supporter airs his views about Houllier.

"We need O'Neill, but the end of the season is not soon enough. We need him now."

Hmmm...Jones loan move is only for a month til Dudek/Kirkland gets back.

Weird move but he has the experience and it is only for a month I guess.

yeh i agree im a liverpool fan an was shocked to see houllier not bringing in a french or senegalese piece of crap cough*DIOUF,DIAO,CHEYROU,VIGNAL,TRAORE need a say more*cough

jones is good nice to see houllier goin for experience instead of crap

Auxerre boss Guy Roux has admitted that Djibril Cisse will be signing for the Reds in the summer.

"His transfer has not been definitely settled. He is with us until June 30," said Roux.

"He was at Liverpool at the start of the week, that is true. He went there to have medical examinations and visit the facilities. But contrary to what people said, he didn't go there during the winter break.

"Now we know the player wants to go there, he has negotiated and found an agreement with the club. Now, as the player has found what he wanted, we will negotiate with the English officials.

"I think he has made a very good choice. It is one of the best clubs he could have chosen.

"He will be a first team-member and that is the most important thing when you sign for a great club. Moreover, his game will perfectly fit with Owen's one.

"I even feel he will cause absolute carnage in the English defences."

The transfer fee is believed to be £14.2million.

Auxerre president Jean-Claude Hamel says striker Djibril Cisse will definitely be a Liverpool player next season.

Gerard Houllier wants Cisse to play alongside Michael Owen in the Liverpool attack next season and providing he signs his new deal - which he is expected to - the Reds will have strong attacking options.

"Djibril will play at a great European club next campaign, this is 100 percent," said Hamel.

"Liverpool have been following him for ages and the details of his transfer are now on a very positive path.

"We cannot prevent our talented players leaving the club and talented players like Cisse join great European clubs like Liverpool.

"We can't really challenge them financially anyway.

"This is excellent for Djibril's career. He gave a lot to Auxerre and this is good for him that he experiences something else."

Auxerre boss Guy Roux has already said that striker Djibril Cisse will cause carnage in the Premiership but now he's been quoted as saing that the player will "massacre" English defences.

Such talk is already starting to excite fans and with the board backing the manager by stumping up around £14million for the player, it shows that the club are prepared to bring the very best players to Anfield.

"Cisse passed his medical at the start of the week," said Roux.

"He found the agreement with Liverpool and this is now both clubs' role to finalise the deal.

"This is an excellent choice for him, probably the best he could make.

"He will probably by a first-team member fast and I truly think his game will pair extremely well with that of Owen.

"This is simple, I am convinced that he will massacre all the English defences."

It's been suggested that the club started paying the transfer fee last year which if true, would suggest that additional transfer funds will be available in the summer with a couple of exits also likely to help.

it is definitely one of the best news all year to hear that its 100% confirmed that Djibril Cisse will be signing for us next summer.he is without a doubt one of the best young strikers around and will form a deadly partnership with owen(considerin he signs).he's got an awesome,consistent goal scorin record in le championnat,devastatin defences with his electric pace.packs a powerful shot and has got very good body balance indeed(unlike emily).Djibril Cisse will no doubt be in the league of arsenal's henry,manure's RVN.believe me....

20030712.YON2602.jpg

ADA_Cisse_op_1909.jpg

26_cisse_op_0302.jpg

cisse4.jpg

for more on Djibril Cisse,check out http://www.djib-cisse.com/

PS:we're not manure,he wont do a "ronaldinho".....

another three points in the bag.1-0 to us.MOM has to be didi hamann again.he has been brilliant ever since he came back.......

Heskey also had a great game according to the guy on the radio. Paul Jones getting a start was a bit of a shocker tho, to get a start so soon after a move must have come as a shock to him as well as us

Jacko said:
Cisse is so overated it's unbelivable. He's Heskey v2.0 just waiting to happen.

Can we wait until hes actually playing for us before slagging him off, then if hes shit we will all have a go. I think he will be up there with some of our best signings

CWright said:
Heskey also had a great game according to the guy on the radio. Paul Jones getting a start was a bit of a shocker tho, to get a start so soon after a move must have come as a shock to him as well as us

i just feel sorry for luzi,imagine how he must feel knowing he'll never have a chance....

PS:watched the game wrighty,heskey was nothing special,it's hamann who had another brilliant run out...

Jacko said:
Cisse is so overated it's unbelivable. He's Heskey v2.0 just waiting to happen.

why?cos he doesnt want to join a bunch of mercernaries which cant even beat us when we're piss poor??talk bout sour grapes....

Well, I saw the game as well and I would say Heskey had a very good game for Heskey.... wasn't a great game overall but he had another solid game at laying off the ball.

Owen definately showed some rust as he missed the best chances of the game. His agility failed him on a shot he hit off the crossbar and he failed to capitalize on a nice flick on from Heskey that left him 1-1 with the keeper... and he failed to get a full strke on a cross at the end of the 1st half.

Still though, it was nice to see him on the pitch again as his quality shines.

Hamann was great, he is on quite a tear. Diouf had a pretty solid game, he was able to get himself open a few times down the right for a solid effort.

Cheyrou had a nice final 10 minutes as well... nothing to go nutso about but he seems to be earning a spot on the bench and should factor in to the second half of the season. He was 2/2 in his runs down the right (after coming on for Diouf, who got ANOTHER yellow for being a punk and had to be taken off before he earned a red) and set up Kewell with a perfectly weighted throughball... which Kewell duffed... not a good finishing game for Harry, but he was well-envolved in the attack.

Anyway, good win, Liverpool looked the better team throughout, although Angel and Mellberg were great for Villa.

Milanista said:
Did anyone see the little flashes of tricks Diouf was doing? did a nice one over the player.

For me Diouf always tries to do too much with the ball. There are times when I sit there screaming "PASS" or "CROSS" whenever I see him running with the ball but then he tries to beat the 5 men that have gathered round him and loses the ball. Can someone tell me why we spent so much money on him?

Hell, at this point I'd like to see Cheyrou start on the right... at least he moves the ball around the pitch.

CWright said:
Milanista said:
Did anyone see the little flashes of tricks Diouf was doing? did a nice one over the player.

For me Diouf always tries to do too much with the ball. There are times when I sit there screaming "PASS" or "CROSS" whenever I see him running with the ball but then he tries to beat the 5 men that have gathered round him and loses the ball. Can someone tell me why we spent so much money on him?

They signed him during the world cup where he performed very well.

Diouf is a skilful player, but sometimes the simple things work better, like putting in an early cross instead of trying to dribble all the time.

Cheyrou had a good run at the defence when he came on. He should be on the bench or probably even start ahead of Murphy.

Owen looked a bit rusty, but he should be alright.

Heskey looks a slightly better player than usual.

Paul Jones looks a solid no-nonsense keeper. But I did pity Luzi who did
ok against Chelsea.

I think Cisse will be a good signing, but let's not get too excited.
He has'nt signed yet, and maybe 14 million is a bit too steep.

We still lack a class right-sided winger and a decent left-back.

CWright said:
Milanista said:

So true..... sometimes I keep thinkin to myself to press X when he's on the ball ;)
I think PES is gettin to me....... :shock:

He had a good game against France in WC2002's opening match, and that pushed his price right up, he's not as good as people made him out to be I think. But Diouf is a striker, not a midfielder...

ClassicD said:
He had a good game against France in WC2002's opening match, and that pushed his price right up, he's not as good as people made him out to be I think. But Diouf is a striker, not a midfielder...

i dont know if he's even a striker as he goals return for lens was really poor as well.he cant seem to shoot for nuts.when he's playin for us,beats the defender with wonderful skill but surprisingly checks back when he's free to cross or just take it inside the box as chris mentioned.10mill is definitely payin over the odds for him,am still hopin he'll come good rather than the ocassional piece of brilliance...

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is ready to make a bid for Hajduk Split goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa.
Houllier has had his scouts track the Croatia No1 in recent weeks and the People says an offer is expected to be made before the end of the month.

Despite the loan signing of Southampton keeper Paul Jones, Houllier is determined to bring in Pletikosa on a permanent deal.

Back
Top Bottom