Liverpool Thread

I think ninja's hate for you guys overlooks him being neutral. He wants you to lose so much he believes anyone will beat you.
Don`t pretend you know me mate, you don`t. If someone gave you a tenner, who would you put it on? Chelsea or L`pool? I know where my money is. I`ll take it back, and eat my words if L`pool get the win. Promise, Misfit, ok! :D

I think this has the chance to be the game of the season so far. Liverpool are desperate to get back on track and Chelsea dont look worth the money spent on them at the mo and have dropped abit in the race, so both teams are gonna be well up for it.

As neutral (well ish) Im looking forward to it!!

ninjabreakz said:
I think ninja's hate for you guys overlooks him being neutral. He wants you to lose so much he believes anyone will beat you.
Don`t pretend you know me mate, you don`t. If someone gave you a tenner, who would you put it on? Chelsea or L`pool? I know where my money is. I`ll take it back, and eat my words if L`pool get the win. Promise, Misfit, ok! :D

If I put someone else's tenner on the game I would go for a draw firstly cause of the better odds than a chelsea win and secondly I really believe Liverpool will get something. I'm not saying a win but maybe a draw.

Weds night we will see ;)

ninjabreakz said:

i wish you'll have to eat ya words and stuff but somehow dont see it happenin....

We`re fucked before we begin. Traore and Cheyrou are starting!!

Cheyrou scores and Traore blocks a shot late on by throwing his body in the way

Great win :D

Misfit said:
ninjabreakz said:

i wish you'll have to eat ya words and stuff but somehow dont see it happenin....

I eat my words, boys. At least you`ve kept Chelsea away from us! United in the driving seat now! :D

Because L`pool know they won`t have Owen for much longer - he is looking at a bigger and brighter future. He needs Champions League football every season.
Cisse is class - a good signing for any club.
If you look at the list you posted Milanista can you pick a "Shevchenko" an "Henry" or a "Van Nistlerooy" in that bunch? I can`t. Without Owen, and maybe Kewell, the rest are average. Kewell could even put in Midfield. Thats where I would put him, on the left.

I've got to say, it was nice to see GH able to play "his" players and see how much effort they put forth for him.

Cheyrou was good, very good for the amount of time he missed but Traore was only second to Hamann for man of the match... He didn't miss a tackle or get beat by either Gallas or Gronkjaer (sp?) the entire night.

Great win... offensively limited with only Heskey up front (who played a great game with many nice lay-offs to Cheyrou), but the defense was stout.

Makes me feel good for the 'Pool again.

One thing though, Diouf is quite the headache. I was almost glad to see him get sent off so that he can't play the next match. Maybe his attitude problems are brought on by his frustration at being played out of position, but he needs to calm down. Here in the US we get to see Liverpool about 20+ times per season and in almost every game I can remember he has gotten stupid booking after stupid booking. He can't hold his toungue back from the referee and he just encourages them to boot him off the pitch. I've never seen a player who better earned an unjustified (I didn't really see the "yellow" offense of the Mutu incident) second yellow. Of course the ref threw him out.

Liverpool target Djibril Cisse has confirmed that he recently visited the facilities at the club.

The Auxerre hitman flew to England as part of his medical and stayed overnight in the city. Upon returning to France he admitted that he was impressed with the set-up.

"I discovered Liverpool's facilities and it totally confirmed my wish to go there," said the player.

"This is a very high level club and it was quite impressive for me compared to what I have seen before. This really is another world.

"This is the best thing for a player of my age, and I will do my best to adapt and reach a higher level.

"If I go I will be eager to do well and give all I have for the team though I will first have to impose my game and become a first team player."

The Auxerre hitman is believed to have made several visits to Liverpool within the last 12 months and secured a pad some time ago. Hopefully his next trip will be to complete his transfer.

If only he could be signed this month rather than in the summer

Gerard Houllier dedicated tonight's 1-0 victory over Chelsea to the fans of the club, the chairman and Rick Parry.

A Bruno Cheyrou goal created by Emile Heskey was enough so secure three vital Premiership points and to ease the pressure a little from the Liverpool manager.

"We had a difficult week as you know so it was an ideal opportunity for the players to respond and to show the criticics wrong," said the boss.

"We are very united. We sometimes struggle but we've got a good team spirit but I would say it was a great game to show not only the talent but the togetherness and determination of the team.

"We know that every game is important to what we want to achieve this season. I'm pleased that some of the players who are not regular players contributed to the success and
this is a good omen for the future.

"It comes at a good time after a difficult week but the atmosphere in the camp was wonderful and this victory I would like to dedicate to the fans first, the fans that were here and all the fans of Liverpool and to the chairman and Rick Parry because they have been very supportive to the boys.

"I would say that we are not happy with the results this season but we also know why. We will just keep sticking together and I'm sure we'll get better and better in 2004.

"Beating Chelsea here is always a performance and a great achievement. They didn't have a lot of chances although we had to survive the first half and then the second half after the goalkeeper was injured and after the sending off of Dioufy, we showed character and the mental strength that is needed to compete at the top level."

Talking about the sending off of El-Hadji Diouf, Houllier said: "It was a wrong decision but I am sure that when the linesman sees it he will understand why I'm saying that.

"There's no anomosity, I just think he got it wrong. I didn't see it from where I was but obviously the video evidence shows that there was nothing malicious and that the two players got practically tied up with a lace but there was no trip."

So is there now a goalkeeping crisis at the club following the injury to Jerzy Dudek?

"Well we do have a goalkeeping problem if Jerzy can not be fit for the next game but the young boy Patrice Luzi did extremely well and if he has to he will fill in the position very well because he made a couple of good saves at the end."

4th place for the Reds?

"We know the number of wins we need to get there and we'll keep going."

villa next at anfield,dont see why we wouldnt pick up three points(although they are the team on form at the moment)considerin weve had that morale boostin win at the expense of the mercernaries.could be just what we needed.with the likes of baros,carragher,owen all comin back,things can get only get better for us indeed...

PS:am i glad to see henchoz,cheyrou back in the line up.hamann has to be the man of the match for me last night,he was just awesome...

CWright said:
We`re fucked before we begin. Traore and Cheyrou are starting!!

Thats why you should never predict the performances of individuals in a thread like this. It always comes back to bite you in the ass

Great defensive display by Liverpool.

A joke of a refereeing decision to send off spit-the-dog, his laces got caught in Mutu's studs and resulted in a sending-off. Think the ref's maybe on the instruction to try and get the EPL to have 3 teams fighting for the title as opposed to the usual 2 horse race, it's kinda getting like the SPL in an Armani Suit.

FD

Diouf's sending off was one of the most diabolical I have ever seen. Steve Dunn is a joke. Great win though boys, play like that more often and 4th place could well be yours.

Butatista said:
Diouf's sending off was one of the most diabolical I have ever seen. Steve Dunn is a joke. Great win though boys, play like that more often and 4th place could well be yours.

Yeah but the lino has to take some of the blame

LONDON, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier says he could sign a goalkeeper on a short-term deal after Jerzy Dudek joined Chris Kirkland on the sidelines through injury.

Kirkland has been ruled out of action for a month with a broken finger while his Polish replacement Dudek sustained a groin injury during Liverpool's 1-0 victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last night.

Dudek limped off late in the game with the club's website reporting he could be out for two to three weeks. The Polish international was replaced by Frenchman Patrice Luzi.

'I may need a new goalkeeper as Jerzy has a groin problem. We still have Patrice and, if he has to, he will fill the position well,' Houllier said on Thursday.

'He came on for his debut last night and did very well, making two great saves. But we only have him available now so we might have to look at someone for the short-term.'

lfc are unlucky on the keeper front, Dudek got injured on Sunday aswell.

At this rate, the sub-title to lfc's end of season vid will be Casualty :mrgreen:

I've always said that Cheyrou is a class act but no-one believed me. People judge him too quick (got booed on against Yeovil) even though he's been injured for the majority of his time at Anfield - More to come from Bruno, I reckon!

Guybrush said:
I've always said that Cheyrou is a class act but no-one believed me. People judge him too quick (got booed on against Yeovil) even though he's been injured for the majority of his time at Anfield - More to come from Bruno, I reckon!

One goal from 8 yards doesn't really mean he's shown us what he's made of

I didnt say it did - but if u've seen him play before (against the Mancs for Lille, remember Vann?!) u'll know he's a talented lad. You can't judge him for the few games he's played for us since he signed

We still don't believe you, he's f***ing shite.

I remember my bro saying to me that this guy was totally amazing, just like he said with Gronkjaer and just like he said how Stephane Guivarch would be top scorer in France'98.............I can see a pattern developing, can anyone else?

FD

Back
Top Bottom