Liverpool Thread

aah, good weekend for me, i feel i should congratulate you lot for beating chelski... hopefully the future bodes well for you... as for dudek... well his past hasnt been too great

-azn

Misfit said:
sadly,i feel that'll happen too....

Why sadly? He is wank, ever since he came back from the World Cup he has been wank for us, except for a few game (the Worthless Cup final against Manure). Give Kirkland a run, he is unproven, but looks like he has great potential.

Liverpool is linked to Van Der Vaart, his missus is reported to be moving out to Liverpool cuz her husbaand is gonna sign for us..

Misfit said:
zizou_85 said:
Liverpool is linked to Van Der Vaart, his missus is reported to be moving out to Liverpool cuz her husbaand is gonna sign for us..

highly unlikely..

Well with the money from owen and heskey they will wanna get a few players, but not VDV.

He's far to classy for the scousers :)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Misfit said:
zizou_85 said:

highly unlikely..

Well with the money from owen and heskey they will wanna get a few players, but not VDV.

He's far to classy for the scousers :)

Just like Kewell and Cisse who turned you down for us??

See the thing is as a liverpool fan, i am happy we are buying such a vauled player, but here lies the problem, I have seen cisse many a times (thanks euro-sport), but I have never been blown away by him, yes he has talent and could grow to be an exceptional player at liverpool. But at the moment in my opion he is very overated, maybe its his hair

Liverpool have received offers from European Champions Milan and Premiership outfit Middlesbrough.

According to a newspaper report today by Alan Nixon in the Independent, the Italians have enquired about a loan deal while Boro have made a cash offer of around £5million.

Liverpool will consider realistic cash offers but are extremely unlikely to loan the player out based purely on a chance that there could be a permanent offer when the loan concludes.

Emile Heskey has been linked with Middleboro in this mornings papers for a deal worth between 5 and 8 million. I cant see it happening but it is a Liverpool related stroy so I felt the need to post it

CWright said:
Emile Heskey has been linked with Middleboro in this mornings papers for a deal worth between 5 and 8 million. I cant see it happening but it is a Liverpool related stroy so I felt the need to post it

That doesnt sound too unbelievable, lfc are gonna have to loose a striker if they are getting Cisse..

What is unbelievable is that someone would pay that much for Heskey.

Mila have rubbished the rumours about signing Heskey, I would say that it is likely he'll go to Boro or Blackburn in the summer.

As for Cisse, great news but I say 14m is a bit steep.

The only time I haven't been impressed with him was in the confed cup, but league wise he has looked very impressive and I can see him scaring premiership defenders and most importantly banging in the goals.....

Insider sources are reporting that Liverpool have opened talks with Middlesbrough regarding the possible transfer of Emile Heskey to the north east.

As exclusively revealed on the KopTalk Insider earlier this week, a bid of £4.8million - which could increase by a further £1m under the terms of the proposed deal - has been tabled for the player.

Details of the offer from Middlesbrough hit the nationals today along with claims that AC Milan were interested in a loan deal. The Italians denied they were interested in the striker but Boro have so far remained silent on the issue.

The timing of the bid isn't great though. Gerard Houllier has to decide on whether or not to take a gamble on reducing his squad at a time when key players are out injured or only just coming back from injury.

Michael Owen has just returned from injury but Milan Baros is still out. El-Hadji Diouf - a striker by trade - is away at the African Nations Cup and Neil Mellor is still on loan at West Ham. Florent Sinama-Pongolle lacks experience but appears capable. Harry Kewell, Vladimir Smicer and Anthony Le Tallec can all play up front though if required.

Emile Heskey has improved his game recently and has admitted that he is now playing for a new contract. Surely though he should have been playing for that over the last few years and not just now?

If Djibril Cisse was able to complete his move to Anfield this month then there wouldn't be any gamble involved. The only thing that would need to be agreed would be the fee but it's pointless giving away a player who cost £11million.

No bid has been accepted or acknowledged by the Reds at this time but it will be interesting to see what comes out of Anfield, if anything. Some supporters will be hoping that Emile Heskey will be.

Liverpool would have been in a much stronger positition had this offer come in during the summer

Liverpool have confirmed that they have received enquiries regarding the availability of striker Emile Heskey.

According to Insider sources a bid of £4.8m was received yesterday from Premiership outfit Middlesbrough following an informal approach at the weekend.

We're unsure however about the credibility of the AC Milan loan link as this could be the Reds just trying to bluff Boro into a deal. The Italians issued a brief statement earlier today claiming that they're not interested in the player where as Boro boss Steve McClaren has remained silent. Liverpool obviously wouldn't be interested in loaning the player out.

Gerard Houllier has confirmed that there have been several enquiries but he refused to name the clubs involved.

"It's true that some clubs have inquired about Emile Heskey, but there is nothing further to report than that," said the Liverpool boss.

As the manager has refused to issue a 'hands-off' warning, other clubs are now likely to get involved which could push Boro into a deal.

Boro have flat out denied the deal as of yet. So we'll see. I can think of better ways to spend this £5million anyway

I hope Heskey goes to england. I think every english man who moved to England was a success. Bothroyd has alot of skill at perugia. And remember the time Jimmy Greaves moved to milan? scoring 10 in 16 before moving back to England because of his wife?

Heskey already is in England, and most Englishmen dont move to England as they're already there. Im guessing you meant Italy Milan?

Unconfirmed reports are claiming that Emile Heskey has told Liverpool that he is not interested in a move to Middlesbrough.

If the reports are true, for him to reject Boro means that both clubs have either agreed a fee or are not a millions miles apart from doing so.

The player could have genuinely blocked a proposed deal but he could have been instructed by his agents to make it clear that he's not willing to move, to force the Reds into making some kind of pay-off under the terms of his current deal.

Heskey is rumoured to be on around £45,000-a-week at Anfield and Middlesbrough may be offering him a less lucrative package.

If the deal does collapse, expect the manager to come out and say something along the lines of always wanting to keep him but having an obligation to tell him of the approach.

Reports this evening claim that Liverpool offered German outfit Stuttgart the opportunity to sign Salif Diao when they enquired about the availablity of Stephane Henchoz recently.

Diao - who is away on international duty with Senegal - was apparently offered to Stuttgart when the Reds told them that Henchoz was not for sale.

According to newspaper reports, Liverpool are prepared to listen to offers for Senegalese duo Salif Diao and El-Hadji Diouf.

Both players are currently away on international duty preparing for the African Nations Cup, so if the reports are true the Reds will be hoping they impress.

Neither of them has made a huge impact since joining the club although Diouf has made a contribution here and there along the way.

Diao may be shipped out quicker than expected but if Diouf was genuinely available, one would assume that the Liverpool manager has someone lined up for the right wing.

Serie A outfit AC Milan have reportedly opened talks with Liverpool regarding the possible purchase of Emile Heskey.

The Italians yesterday denied that they were interested in recruiting the player following reports that they had approached the Reds regarding a possible loan move.

It is claimed that Gerard Houllier has rejected a loan approach but has indicated that he is prepared to do business with them if they put some cash on the table, either now or in the summer. A player exchange deal could be an option if the boss identifies anyone worthy of recruiting and who would fit in with our own finances.

Heskey's agents are said to have flown to Milan recently to try and hammer out a deal.

AC Milan are second in Serie A just 3 points behind Roma with a game in hand.

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he wants to keep Emile Heskey at Anfield and not sell him to Middlesbrough.

The Premiership outfit made an offer for the player earlier in the week but Heskey's not keen on a move to the north east. He has however indicated that he would be prepared to move to AC Milan.

"The situation, as it is, is that Emile will travel with us as normal to Tottenham," said the Liverpool manager.

"There is an interest in Emile from a few clubs. But at the moment I am not ready to let him go - and I don't think he wants to go."

Liverpool have rejected a cheeky loan bid from Portsmouth for Milan Baros.

Although the player is out injured, he's not far from a return to action but there's no way that Gerard Houllier would loan him out - what next, a loan enquiry for Michael Owen?

Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie said: "I went straight to the horse's mouth and asked if they would be interested in loaning him out. But they said no."

Reports this evening claim that Portuguese winger Sergio Conceicao has rejected offers from Marseille, Newcastle and Liverpool and instead opted to sign for FC Porto.

There had been rumours that the Reds had sniffed around the player who was available on a free transfer after leaving Italian club Lazio.

The player told the official Porto website: "I am coming home. I wanted to return to Portugal and to FC Porto. I am living out a dream as I have never forgotten the two wonderful seasons which I spent here."

The 30-year-old had been linked at various points with Liverpool ever since Gerard Houllier took control but nothing ever materialised. Newcastle and ourselves may have made offers recently but how serious they were in terms of breaking the bank will probably never be known.

Whispers continue to suggest that the player's agent has also discussed one of his other clients with manager Gerard Houllier this month. We know little about him so are unable to throw possible targets into the hat.

Misfit said:
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says he wants to keep Emile Heskey at Anfield and not sell him to Middlesbrough.

The Premiership outfit made an offer for the player earlier in the week but Heskey's not keen on a move to the north east. He has however indicated that he would be prepared to move to AC Milan.

Woohooo! Thats made my day that! Cheers for the info misfit 8)

Boro said:
Misfit said:

Woohooo! Thats made my day that! Cheers for the info misfit 8)

YesYesYes!!!

The longer Mr Em stays at Anfailed the better, i'd be gutted to see him go.

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom