Liverpool Thread

CWright said:
Gerrard and Owen are back tonight and as long as our back 4 doesnt include anyone playing out of position then all should be fine

I thought United would have been fine on Saturday :(

Liverpool have been linked with a possible move for Partizan Belgrade defender Taribo West.

The player has been linked with the Reds before but that was a number of years ago now. If we recall correctly it would have been around the early days of Gerard Houllier's management.

He signed for Partizan Belgrade last year and we think he's available on a free transfer in the summer when he will be 30-years-old.

The player has had a somewhat up and down career having had spells at Auxerre, AC Milan, Inter, Derby County and Kaiserlautern.

It is claimed that the Nigerian international - who currently has a knee injury which will rule him out of the African Nations Cup - met Gerard Houllier at the weekend.

Misfit said:
ninjabreakz said:
CWright said:
Gerrard and Owen are back tonight and as long as our back 4 doesnt include anyone playing out of position then all should be fine

I thought United would have been fine on Saturday :(

then again,youre scum,we're not......

We are also the Champions, 2nd in the league and we beat your sorry arses on your own turf. Giggs anyone?

If I was a Liverpool fan, which thank god I am not I would be laying low after losing to Tottenham!

Another inspiring result from us lot, I cant believe we are up to 5th again tho

I don't even want to talk about it. Footy misery. At least the Super Bowl just about a week away.

Houllier can fuck off now, i'm getting really pissed off with him now. He is still playing Cheyrou and Heskey all the bloody time. And he also managed to make an excuse AGAIN about us not winning, by blaming the ref for giving a corner leading to the goal. Ferguson wouldn't do that, he'd take them into the dressing room and tear the shit out of these jokers. Owen might as well be on another planet, he doesn't seem arsed, although he had one good dribble.

Stasman said:
Houllier can fuck off now, i'm getting really pissed off with him now. He is still playing Cheyrou and Heskey all the bloody time. And he also managed to make an excuse AGAIN about us not winning, by blaming the ref for giving a corner leading to the goal. Ferguson wouldn't do that, he'd take them into the dressing room and tear the shit out of these jokers. Owen might as well be on another planet, he doesn't seem arsed, although he had one good dribble.

Some good points - Houllier is too relaxed, its like he hasn`t got the players` respect. Ferguson DEMANDS his team to produce results (with no excuse for our dodgy results) where its as though Houllier cannot make his team play for him, its like a few of the boys at L`pool are playing for themselves. They are a dodgy-looking outfit this season.

Stasman said:

Ferguson wouldn't complain?? Yeah, cos he never complains about refereeing decisions does he!!

And as for "constantly playing Heskey", I think you'll find that Baros is injured, as is Pongolle, and Diouf is away playing for Senegal. Who would you like him to play instead exactly??

Personally, I think Heskey is worthy of his place in the team based on recent performances, and it's not the strikers that are letting us down it's the defence. I also think that Cheyrou has actually started to show some glimpses of promise as well.

Of course Houllier deserves some stick (Henchoz at right back??????), but at least give him some fair stick! It was never a corner last night, but the fact is that we had enough chances to bury them well before that.

I still think that we'll make it to the Champions League, and I do think that we have been unlucky with injuries, refereeing decisions and not getting the results that we deserved, but the fact is that something needs to change before next season. Whether that's the manager (the popular choice), bringing in 2 or 3 quality players, or just getting some better luck remains to be seen.

I'd say that if we don't finish 4th then it's goodbye Houllier and Owen, if we do finish 4th then I think that he'll get one more year and that Owen will stay.

Stu-Pid said:
Stasman said:

Ferguson wouldn't complain?? Yeah, cos he never complains about refereeing decisions does he!!

And as for "constantly playing Heskey", I think you'll find that Baros is injured, as is Pongolle, and Diouf is away playing for Senegal. Who would you like him to play instead exactly??

Personally, I think Heskey is worthy of his place in the team based on recent performances, and it's not the strikers that are letting us down it's the defence. I also think that Cheyrou has actually started to show some glimpses of promise as well.

Of course Houllier deserves some stick (Henchoz at right back??????), but at least give him some fair stick! It was never a corner last night, but the fact is that we had enough chances to bury them well before that.

I still think that we'll make it to the Champions League, and I do think that we have been unlucky with injuries, refereeing decisions and not getting the results that we deserved, but the fact is that something needs to change before next season. Whether that's the manager (the popular choice), bringing in 2 or 3 quality players, or just getting some better luck remains to be seen.

I'd say that if we don't finish 4th then it's goodbye Houllier and Owen, if we do finish 4th then I think that he'll get one more year and that Owen will stay.

Thats not the point, Heskey should've been gone ages ago, he may have started to impress in the last 3 or 4 games, but he still isn't playing up to his price tag.

Cheyrou is pants IMO, his level of passing is poor, and he never tries anything creative, just passing it back or doing a simple pass. His workrate isn't the greatest either.

Houllier promised us the league in 5 years, and he hasn't delivered, and along the way has made a lot of dodgy decisions (he should've put out all stops to keep Mcmananaman, should never have signed Heskey, Diouf, Diao etc, and handled some of his players poorly e.g Ince, Fowler).

Its time for him to leave basically.

I read all the papers today and from the sounds of it we sat back and tried to defend our single goal again, its no good when you cant defend

I don't understant either why Houiller keeps playing 4 defenders that are not fast ...

traoré full back :shock: that kind of choice sounds really dodgy..

CWright said:
I read all the papers today and from the sounds of it we sat back and tried to defend our single goal again, its no good when you cant defend

heskey was playin on the left against wolves,cheyrou in a floating role,owen up front alone.another piece of genius management from "le hoof"..............

Heres a quote from todays Daily Mirror

LIVERPOOL chief Rick Parry scored an embarrassing own goal last night when he told a fan that manager Gerard Houllier was not in the same class as Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

Houllier has come under fire from all sides after a desperate run of results that has left the club in danger of again failing to qualify for the Champions League

And although Liverpool chief executive Parry supports the Frenchman's reign, he admitted his record was no match for the successes of the Manchester United and Arsenal managers.

The statement, in a written response to a disgruntled Liverpool fan who wanted Houllier sacked, will dismay fans. Parry also revealed

the deep level of concern at Anfield over results. He wrote: "No-one here is content with the current performances and we feel the disappointment as deeply as any supporter but there are very few managers capable of leading the biggest clubs to glory.

"Unless we can be certain we're bringing in someone better (and I'm not sure Sir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would come), firing the manager is not the answer." Parry said he was showing his support for Houllier. He said: "The letter I received was actually very offensive towards our manager. My response was meant to convey our continuing support for the manager. "The comments were tongue in cheek, designed to show there are no managers better than ours.''

well i dont understand the way we try to sit back on ANY lead which we just about create becuase from what i seen of that match the other day the defenders are starting to perform as good as man city, i like man city but there defence is a joke an i think its just a mattter of time an we will crack an fall apart becuase big sam is no longer commanding, henchoz gets knackered after he walks on the pitch, finnan another overrated liverpool player, riise has just gone utter crap and IGOR BISCAN NEED I SAY MORE! IT S LUDACRIS

At the end of the day, L`pool are not in the same class as Arsenal or Manchester United - its gonna be a few years yet before they are anyway. L`pool fans still go on about the 70s - get over it. It`s like England fans who still go on about the 1966 World Cup win - that was a long time ago. It`s all about now. L`pool have got too many dodgy players for my liking, not enough English/British players, Houllier has tried to buy the Premiership on the cheap, like Wenger did (but he pulled it off, and look at his players, Henry, Pires etc) but Houllier`s signings are AVERAGE. I don`t even rate Kewell the tool much - he is overrated. Scored some good goals, thats about it (He`ll never be in the same class as Giggs or Duff) So it`s all good - L`pool scum having a shit season, United doing better than them (again) and everything to look forward to. Don`t mean to rub it in, but you boys love doing it when United lose A GAME. ;)

ninjabreakz said:
At the end of the day, L`pool are not in the same class as Arsenal or Manchester United - its gonna be a few years yet before they are anyway.
Your quite perceptive you arent ya :roll:

ninjabreakz said:
L`pool fans still go on about the 70s - get over it.
I have never mentioned the 70s. Christ I wasnt even born til 1976!

ninjabreakz said:
It`s like England fans who still go on about the 1966 World Cup win - that was a long time ago. It`s all about now.
Not guilty of doing that either

ninjabreakz said:
L`pool have got too many dodgy players for my liking, not enough English/British players, Houllier has tried to buy the Premiership on the cheap, like Wenger did (but he pulled it off, and look at his players, Henry, Pires etc) but Houllier`s signings are AVERAGE.
You are once again telling us something that we have observed for many a weekend this season

ninjabreakz said:
I don`t even rate Kewell the tool much - he is overrated. Scored some good goals, thats about it (He`ll never be in the same class as Giggs or Duff)
Not that your bitter he didnt sign for you ;)

ninjabreakz said:
So it`s all good - L`pool scum having a shit season, United doing better than them (again) and everything to look forward to. Don`t mean to rub it in, but you boys love doing it when United lose A GAME. ;)
Dont mean to rub it in, you do nothing but and are lucky to still be here

geordies in the FA cup next,this is one we(or houllier rather)just cant afford to lose.seein as how we seem to do well agianst em',shouldnt be a prob this time round....as long as houllier decides to play players in their respective positions.3-1 to us.....hopefully

rumour has it that ottmar hitzfeld will be joinin us come next summer.this is one im seriously hopin for.brilliant manager who has achieved league championships with bayern,european cups with two teams.just the right sort of person to put us back where we rightfully belong,top of europe....

CWright said:
ninjabreakz said:
At the end of the day, L`pool are not in the same class as Arsenal or Manchester United - its gonna be a few years yet before they are anyway.
Your quite perceptive you arent ya :roll:

ninjabreakz said:
L`pool fans still go on about the 70s - get over it.
I have never mentioned the 70s. Christ I wasnt even born til 1976!

ninjabreakz said:
It`s like England fans who still go on about the 1966 World Cup win - that was a long time ago. It`s all about now.
Not guilty of doing that either

ninjabreakz said:
L`pool have got too many dodgy players for my liking, not enough English/British players, Houllier has tried to buy the Premiership on the cheap, like Wenger did (but he pulled it off, and look at his players, Henry, Pires etc) but Houllier`s signings are AVERAGE.
You are once again telling us something that we have observed for many a weekend this season

ninjabreakz said:
I don`t even rate Kewell the tool much - he is overrated. Scored some good goals, thats about it (He`ll never be in the same class as Giggs or Duff)
Not that your bitter he didnt sign for you ;)

ninjabreakz said:
So it`s all good - L`pool scum having a shit season, United doing better than them (again) and everything to look forward to. Don`t mean to rub it in, but you boys love doing it when United lose A GAME. ;)
Dont mean to rub it in, you do nothing but and are lucky to still be here

ninja,thin ice bud,real fuckin thin ice....

Middlesbrough have today officially ended their interest in Liverpool striker Emile Heskey.

Both Premiership clubs had discussed a possible transfer and despite the willingness of the Anfield board to cash in on the player, they have instead decided to stand by their manager who wanted to keep him after he failed to identify a suitable short-term replacement (loan deal until the summer) or snap-up a bargain replacement (permanent deal).

Speaking today, Boro boss Steve McClaren said: "Our interest in Emile is at an end, that move will not be going ahead.

"We are always on the lookout for quality players, players who will improve our squad, and we have said for a long time that our priority remains a striker, but the interest in Emile is dead.

"We continue to look, we are always looking and we are still trying to add to our squad this month."

Some fans have suggested that we could have sold Heskey for £6million - which let's face it, would have been a good bit of business - and then brought in someone like Alan Smith or Mark Viduka from Leeds for around £3million. They would have done no worse that's for sure.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has admitted that he was interested in signing Newcastle United striker Alan Shearer last summer.

Speculation at the time had claimed that Liverpool were trying to sign the Newcastle legend when talks over a new deal appeared to stall. The claims were rubbished but a small circle of credible sources said the Reds did register an interest.

The Newcastle board finally ironed out a new deal with Shearer. The player admitted that he was flattered by Liverpool's interest but insisted that he was fully committed to Newcastle - something which all supporters have never doubted. Gerard Houllier has admitted that he was interested in signing him but added that any manager would be.

"He has never really been available," said the Liverpool boss.

"But if he had been available then yes, who wouldn't be interested? He is a player I rate."

Misfit said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!
Sorry fellas, but im overjoyed at this, Heskey aint the answer to our problems, you fellas can keep the poor guy!

SHEARER ON CRACK!!!

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer says he can't understand why there have been calls for Gerard Houllier to be sacked.

Defeat against Newcastle later today would certainly heap further pressure on the Liverpool manager but the former England ace Shearer believes the Frenchman's results have so far been "fantastic".

"The amount of trophies he has won is fantastic," said Shearer.

"I keep hearing rumours about his future, but I can't understand it.

"We're fighting in the same boat as Liverpool, but we have no trophies. They have."

dear mr shearer,what the fuck were ya thinkin comparin newcastle to liverpool??!??!!!

Back
Top Bottom