Liverpool Thread

Boro said:
Misfit said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!
Sorry fellas, but im overjoyed at this, Heskey aint the answer to our problems, you fellas can keep the poor guy!

no worrries man,there's always suckers like celtic who'll take him from us...

On some terms i can agree on what he is saying about liverpool but then again at least we try to do things the normal and right way about it. Now i will admit, Arsenal are one hell of a team, they have everything ya need to win championships. Man Utd would be too if they had that team arsenal have got..just to show i admire a decent team and their play, but Man Utd's current squad is just lucky. That ruud fella is not a patch on Henry, just a tap in king and pen taker. I know all goals count and if ya looking for a goalscorer then fine he does his job well (even tho sometimes its a dodgy job) but to compair him as a player against Henry well, Henry makes and scores great goals and plays his heart out all game. Where as Ruud just runs around like aheadless chicken kicking goals in off the line. Wow wouldn't think this was a Liverpool discussion but i have to give those mancs some hard facts that they and they only seem to miss in the real world of football. I will be the first to put my hand up and say Liverpool need their arses kicked sometimes for the performances they have shown but ya hardly see Utd fans admit their failure and if there is any then very few and far between.

PaulyPoohShady said:
On some terms i can agree on what he is saying about liverpool but then again at least we try to do things the normal and right way about it. Now i will admit, Arsenal are one hell of a team, they have everything ya need to win championships. Man Utd would be too if they had that team arsenal have got..just to show i admire a decent team and their play, but Man Utd's current squad is just lucky. That ruud fella is not a patch on Henry, just a tap in king and pen taker. I know all goals count and if ya looking for a goalscorer then fine he does his job well (even tho sometimes its a dodgy job) but to compair him as a player against Henry well, Henry makes and scores great goals and plays his heart out all game. Where as Ruud just runs around like aheadless chicken kicking goals in off the line. Wow wouldn't think this was a Liverpool discussion but i have to give those mancs some hard facts that they and they only seem to miss in the real world of football. I will be the first to put my hand up and say Liverpool need their arses kicked sometimes for the performances they have shown but ya hardly see Utd fans admit their failure and if there is any then very few and far between.

totally agree with ya on the arsenal bit however,have to disagree with ya bout horseface,the guy is class.who gives a fuck bout runnin round like a headless chicken??come end of the day he gets the goals,shit loads as well.dirty manc monkeys they are,but are better than us and everyone else in england(at the moment) with the exception of the arse bandits....

PS:mancs just blew 12mill on saha!LOL!!!!thats 6mill on the uruguayan flop,another 12mill on a totally overrated player...

They did that will that Ronaldo wannabe..ok he is a kid but he talks alot of yap for someone who just got off the boot cleaning schedule

Misfit wrote:

PS:mancs just blew 12mill on saha!LOL!!!!thats 6mill on the uruguayan flop,another 12mill on a totally overrated player...

Wait and see. He could flop, but I don`t think he will, I got a funny feeling about Saha. We didn`t give Forlan the no.9 shirt, did we? Would you complain if Houllier had just signed Saha, playing up-front next to Owen? I don`t think so. Ferguson knows what he is doing. As always.
As for me being on thin ice, well, these forums are for discussion and banter, and if it hurts some peoples feelings, then they shouldn`t come here, simple. We get called Manc scum, I`ll call you L`pool scum, I don`t really think you are "scum" its all football BANTER. I think most of the people in the L`pool thread are decent guys, actually.
As for C Wright and his posts - well, my comments were not directly aimed at YOU and I suppose I did generalise things too much. As for being "jealous" that you signed Kewell. You`re having a laugh :shock: we have Giggs. Ryan Giggs for God Sake. (1-2?) I was gutted we didn`t get Duff, mate, not Kewell. He is a good player, don`t get me wrong, I`ve just never been a fan. But I can see your points you made, and it is SOME supporters that I was pointing out my, erm, points towards. It is all in friendly context. I remember when I first supported United - we were shite. You have to have the bad times, because the good times feel so much more special.

Remember, its all banter, I`m not being racist, I`m a considerably mature adult, my grammar ain`t hafe baad, and I like a debate.
Goodnight, sleep tight, don`t have nightmares. :D

liverpool just need a manager who spend the money wisely
they spent like 21million on diouf diao and cheyrou
i personally rate diouf very highly, as for diao and cheyrou i dont know what theyre doing at a club like liverpool
imo its make or break this season
take a chance and stick with houll and risk owen leaving and him spending more cash on crap players
OR
sack him, get someone respected and proven in (Hittzfeld? O'Neill?) give them 20 million and get liverpool back to the way they should be
the base is there, Dudek, Hyypia, Gerrard and Owen.
Thats a great spine of a team, now build around it....

super mick mcarthy said:
liverpool just need a manager who spend the money wisely
they spent like 21million on diouf diao and cheyrou
i personally rate diouf very highly, as for diao and cheyrou i dont know what theyre doing at a club like liverpool
imo its make or break this season
take a chance and stick with houll and risk owen leaving and him spending more cash on crap players
OR
sack him, get someone respected and proven in (Hittzfeld? O'Neill?) give them 20 million and get liverpool back to the way they should be
the base is there, Dudek, Hyypia, Gerrard and Owen.
Thats a great spine of a team, now build around it....

Some good points. 21 million on Diouf and co. says it all Misfit! ;) They haven`t exactly rocked the L`pool foundations. I really rate Jones (good signing), Hyypia and especially Gerrard (absolute quality, works hard, always gives 100%) and Owen is out of form at the moment, but we all know how deadly he can be. Its just the other European boys I don `t rate much.

Some good points. 21 million on Diouf and co. says it all Misfit! They haven`t exactly rocked the L`pool foundations. I really rate Jones (good signing), Hyypia and especially Gerrard (absolute quality, works hard, always gives 100%) and Owen is out of form at the moment, but we all know how deadly he can be. Its just the other European boys I don `t rate much.

they need to spend big while they can still attract the players imo
cisse will come in the summer, get a good centre def in if he continues to play biscan and get a right mid cos diouf aint no good there

Well half time..Gerrard and Henchoz is the only ones working..great goal from Robert even tho Dudek should have saved it..Kewell is one laaaaaazy...all in all..pants..Newcastle look far too organised..sometimes their passing back to the goalie is a bit poor other than that..they are playing better (as usual)

2-1, Cheyrou (or however you spell it) gets the 2nd and his 2nd of the game after a great ball from Stevie Gerrard. 2-1.

Well done Scousers, bit of a shite match but L`pool played much better overall. Hats off to Steve Gerrard. Still producing the goods. I still stick to my guns - whats the fuss about Kewell?

That funny..i'm sure i put something here before..never mind..anywayz..yeah i agree..Kewell was very lazy tonight..just thought the ball should come to him

Kewell started the season quite well, but his workrate has deterioated a lot, and he doesn't seem to want to run at players that much anymore. And we still lack a player who can play killer passes that no-one else can see e.g Zidane, Scholes etc. If we are going to try and hoof the ball up 80% of the time, at least get someone who can do it accurately, and create chances.

Guybrush said:
I've always said that Cheyrou is a class act but no-one believed me. People judge him too quick (got booed on against Yeovil) even though he's been injured for the majority of his time at Anfield - More to come from Bruno, I reckon!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
sos mate, it was a good finish last nite but.........

we still dont beleive you!

Nickybaker said:
One goal from 8 yards doesn't really mean he's shown us what he's made of

fd1972uk said:
We still don't believe you, he's f***ing shite.

I remember my bro saying to me that this guy was totally amazing, just like he said with Gronkjaer and just like he said how Stephane Guivarch would be top scorer in France'98.............I can see a pattern developing, can anyone else?

FD

Well, well, well...now who's "fuckin shite"?

Guybrush said:
Guybrush said:
I've always said that Cheyrou is a class act but no-one believed me. People judge him too quick (got booed on against Yeovil) even though he's been injured for the majority of his time at Anfield - More to come from Bruno, I reckon!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Nickybaker said:

fd1972uk said:

I remember my bro saying to me that this guy was totally amazing, just like he said with Gronkjaer and just like he said how Stephane Guivarch would be top scorer in France'98.............I can see a pattern developing, can anyone else?

FD

umm bruno cheyrou, i expected:

pool 5-1 magpies
bruno robert
bruno
bruno
bruno
bruno

;););)

-azn

Guybrush said:
Guybrush said:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Nickybaker said:

fd1972uk said:

FD

umm bruno cheyrou, i expected:

pool 5-1 magpies
bruno-----robert
bruno
bruno
bruno
bruno

;););)

good effort you scouse lot :mrgreen:

-azn

great win for us,expected it as well considerin how we seem to get the better of the geordies most of the time.glad as well for cheyrou who had some pretty unfair criticism early on.his performances should keep diouf on his toes...

nice to see henchoz back in the centre of defence with hyppia,biscan dropped,heskey pullin a hamstring.everton next,with the same lineup,we'll beat em' without any probs......

Misfit said:
nice to see henchoz back in the centre of defence with hyppia,biscan dropped,heskey pullin a hamstring.everton next,with the same lineup,we'll beat em' without any probs......

Mate, you will jinx your side again saying stuff like this! ;)

Bruno Cheyrou.

Ok he's not "shite" persay but he's hardly a very good player. Newcastle's defense is always mince!

it goes to show the stanrad liverpool have been dragged back to when there fans call cheyrou a good player
its players like that, that are stopping them winning the league

super mick mcarthy said:
its players like that, that are stopping them winning the league

What the ones that score?
Listen if they score a goal in a game then it aint stopping them winning the league. I see where your coming from but you cant fault a player if he scores a goal.

What the ones that score?
Listen if they score a goal in a game then it aint stopping them winning the league. I see where your coming from but you cant fault a player if he scores a goal.

they spent 20 million on diouf, diao and cheyrou
dunno what the exact fee for cheyrou was so im guessing around the 5 million mark?
hes scored a few goals in the last few games fair do's but if liverpool continue to buy players of his standard they will not win the league
i am not critiscising cheyrou becuase at the moment he cannot do any more and i hope he turns out to be a good player becuase i would love to see liverpool back in the race for the title next season but if they are to challenge for the title they need to stop buying 'the new zidanes' and start buying quality proven players

I think the fact is they dont have the money to buy these quality players. They cost one hell of alot of money in 2days market. Taking gambles on young players that might make it is slowly coming into the game more and more, and fair play to them if he turns out too be top notch then its money well spent. Give the lad time before you call him "shite". Maccarone at the boro cost £8million and isnt playing well and isnt scoring, but despite some fans jumping on him, the rest are giving the lad time to settle in and then see what he can do.

I think the fact is they dont have the money to buy these quality players. They cost one hell of alot of money in 2days market. Taking gambles on young players that might make it is slowly coming into the game more and more, and fair play to them if he turns out too be top notch then its money well spent. Give the lad time before you call him "shite". Maccarone at the boro cost £8million and isnt playing well and isnt scoring, but despite some fans jumping on him, the rest are giving the lad time to settle in and then see what he can do.

dont get me started on boro mate
the crap players you sign for the money you spend is laughable
i know im in no position to speak becuase were the worst prem side in history but for the tremendous chairman you have you could be well up the league if you spend the money wisely
you seem to able to attract the players but they dont work out as far as strikers go
your recent bid for heskey shows what i mean, if you signed him that would sum up your club for me

If you want to talk about Boro there's a Boro thread. Post that in there please. This is at the end of the day a Liverpool thread. I brought Boro up to make a point about young "next Zidane" players.

EDIT
I've quoted your post elsewhere and deleted your last post.
Liverpool thread = talk about LIVERPOOL
Boro thread = talk about BORO
Easy.

Back on topic please. Cheyrou? Good or bad? Not many liverpool fans commenting on him in here what do you fellas think?

Boro said:
If you want to talk about Boro there's a Boro thread. Post that in there please. This is at the end of the day a Liverpool thread. I brought Boro up to make a point about young "next Zidane" players.

Oh Boro makes me laugh - "next Zidane"? What the hell. Middlesbrough showed their worth yesterday at Highbury. Shite. As for L`pool and this Cheyrou, well, he scored 2 yesterday didn`t he? He seems a bit of a "Forlan". No person ever remembers Forlans winner against Chelsea at Old Trafford last season, or the stunning volley in the Champions League - just when he fu*ks up. Thats football for you. Cheyrou scored. 2 goals. End of story? Probably not.

See at least ninja - while slagging boro off makes a point about liverpool.

The point im tryin to make about Cheyrou is that if he scores the goals then you cant knock the lad. He got 'Pool through yesterday so dont get on his back. If he was older and was still missing and not scoring and blah blah blah then by all means, but when they're young then they're still learning thier trade.

Oh Boro makes me laugh - "next Zidane"? What the hell. Boro showed their worth yesterday at Highbury. Shite. As for L`pool and this Cheyrou, well, he scored 2 yesterday didn`t he? He seems a bit of a "Forlan". No person ever remembers Forlans winner against Chelsea at Old Trafford last season, or the stunning volley in the Champions League - just when he fu*ks up. Thats football for you.

true mate, shame about some players
but for 7 million pounds forlan has had a much better impact than cheyrou imo and forlan seems to be a better player albeit playing in a better team
around 80% of signings from argentina or most foreign countries and the like just dont cut it in the premiership

Back
Top Bottom