Liverpool Thread

Liverpool have stepped up their interest for new blood and have opened talks with another Premiership club regarding a possible January swoop.

The boss has made enquiries about the availability of two players based in the Premiership with a third also on the agenda. Although three players are under consideration, only one could be snapped up if a deal could be hammered out.

this is very,very possible.......

Misfit said:
Liverpool have stepped up their interest for new blood and have opened talks with another Premiership club regarding a possible January swoop.

The boss has made enquiries about the availability of two players based in the Premiership with a third also on the agenda. Although three players are under consideration, only one could be snapped up if a deal could be hammered out.

this is very,very possible.......

possible yeah, but that doesnt mean its a good idea mate.

Think about it, its GH's signings that have been his downfall, if he doesnt do well with the £150mill worth of talent he's had why they gonnna give him more money.

Its called chuckin good money after bad.

Milanista said:
Liverpool need a new start. They can start off by getting a new Manager.

Liverpool havent sacked a manager in years and unless Houllier `moves upstairs` I can see see us being stuck with him til at least the end of the season and finishing outside a Champs League place again

I don't believe Liverpool have sacked a manager for something like a decade or that.

FD

p.s. Misfit/Ninja/Vann - For your info, the SPL & EPL started at the same time and the SPL featured 4 different teams finishing in the top 2 with 2 different winners, with the EPL featuring 6 teams and 3 winners......considering the EPL has almost double the teams, it certainly looks like the SPL is a lottery. :mrgreen: LOL..........

Liverpool needs a better midfield.

Bolton has great midfield like jay jay, an awesome asister

Reports today claim that Liverpool are also in the running for Fulham striker Louis Saha and are prepared to pay up to £10million for the 25-year-old.

Manchester United have already been issued a "hands-off" warning from Fulham boss Chris Coleman who has valued the player at £20million as the club genuinely appear to be in a position where they don't need to cash in.

Liverpool target Djibril Cisse has finally confirmed that he will be leaving Auxerre next year.

A proposed move to Anfield in January looks unlikely despite Gerard Houllier making every attempt to put pressure on Auxerre boss Guy Roux to finally allow the deal to be concluded.

Explaining his situation, Cisse - originally speaking in French - said: "I am thinking of leaving but I want to finish my season at Auxerre on a high.

"If it is the last one, it is better to finish in the best way possible with a European place. If I reach that level, it is thanks to AJA.

"I am not the kind to create trouble. There is a minimum amount of respect to have for the club.

"The coach didn't want me to leave last summer but we had talks and found an agreement.

"No transfer has been finalised but when it is concrete, I will tell you."

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is now considering other options that could be brought in when the transfer window re-opens in January but he still hasn't given up on landing Cisse in the new year despite the signals from Auxerre.

Rivaldo looks to have priced himself out of a possible move to Brazilian club Sao Paulo after the club said they simply couldn't meet his demands.

Rivaldo's agent Carlos Arini held talks with Sao Paulo officials yesterday. The player is yet to finalise a transfer to a new club after Italian club AC Milan released him from his contract to get the player off their wage bill.

Sao Paulo's Director of Football Juvenal Juvencio has confirmed that they have now ended talks about a possible deal. He said: "There's no chance of Rivaldo being signed, Sao Paulo are a responsible club and are not going to pay over our limits.

"He's an excellent player, a regular in the Brazil team, but Brazilian football doesn't have the financial resources to hire him."

Rivaldo's agent added: "They talked about a project but didn't put forward any numbers."

Liverpool have been linked with the player for some time but according to Arini, Rivaldo isn't interested in the our offer

Thought he had a done deal with Espanyol??

Can't see him coming to the Premiership anyway though.

Score for tomorrow then? I say 2-0 Bolton

Come on the Trotters!

And its 3-0 to Liverpool, a great win for the lads after the stick they have got over the last few weeks. Good to have Mr Kewell back as well, now all we need are the rest of our walking wounded to return and we are sorted

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is attempting to hijack Djibril Cisse's proposed move to Anfield claim newspaper reports today.

Ferguson is in the market for a prolific striker and has started to show late interest in the Auxerre hitman and has apparently told his club that he will equal any bids made by Liverpool.

Ironically Gerard Houllier has turned his attention to several options that Ferguson has been sniffing around recently and that is said to have angered the Old Trafford chief.

One of the reports today claims that Liverpool will end their interest in Cisse if Houllier is sacked.

Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge says Kevin Keegan is unlikely to quit as manager of Manchester City following a troubled spell, unless the Reds were to approach him to take over from Gerard Houllier.

Keegan has two and half years remaining on his existing deal and says he will see them out. Asked if he thought he would stick to his pledge, Aldo said: "Yes, unless something happened to Gerard Houllier - who knows.

"Let's hope that Gerard does the job at Liverpool and Kevin keeps on doing it at Manchester City but I'm sure Kevin would be a serious contender if the Liverpool job came up for whatever reason.

"He's still well anointed in Liverpool. People remember what he's done and what he's done in the game."

Liverpool have been dealt a new injury blow with the news that Chris Kirkland could be out of action for a month after an x-ray revealed that he fractured his finger during today's match against Bolton.

Jerzy Dudek will return to goal for the match against Manchester City on Sunday. Any speculation linking the Polish 'keeper with a move from Anfield will now almost certainly end as a result of Kirkland's injury.

Former Liverpool winger Steve McManaman says he has nothing to prove when he plays against the Reds for the first time since leaving the club on a Bosman.

All eyes will be on Macca on Sunday - and of course Robbie Fowler and Nicolas Anelka - when they come face to face with Gerard Houllier's troops in this massive Premiership fixture.

Both clubs are looking for vital points and the Liverpool defence will be hoping to keep the trio marked out of the game.

Fowler is no journey-man and has no heart for other clubs. He's welcomed with open arms when he bumps into Liverpool supporters but some fans have never forgiven his close friend McManaman for the way he left the club for Real Madrid.

McManaman still has friends at the club and while in Spain he didn't hesitate to offer KopTalk an exclusive interview a couple of seasons back when he revealed that he was sad at the way some fans abused him when he left.

Talking about Sunday's game, Macca said: "I am looking forward to it. When you play sides like Manchester United it is different they are the archenemies if you like but playing against Liverpool is different.

"I had a wonderful time there and I will see a lot of people I haven't seen for a while.

"I know a lot of people there and I was speaking to Steven Gerrard the other day.

"I know this sounds like the old cliché but all we want is the three points from this game.

"Of course you could say this game is of the heart for Robbie and I. We had a fantastic time there but meeting your old club goes on all the time in football, so it is not a new thing but it will be a nice experience.

"I have nothing to prove when I play against them."

:mrgreen: LOL........don't be like that my Liverpudlian supporting friend. Maybe if you all be like CW and just blank out the other teams scoring things will be better all-round.

FD

picked up three points against bolton thankfully.citeh next,hopefully its another three for us but dont see us gettin em'.have a feelin anelka,fowler or macca's gonna get the winner...

Surely the three points yesterday eased the scouse suffering over xmas??

Its been painful watching in recent weeks, like an old horse, used to be powerful, cant admitt its way past its best , and needs putting down....

But thats all gone now, three points and its pretty tight for that 4th spot you crave for every season.

Its all there to play for, although you've been knocked out of one of your favoured tourney, you've still got the other two you love so much.

So I hope your looking forward to the rest of the season.

Have good New Year!!!!

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has revealed that Michael Owen has suffered an injury setback and looks unlikely to make the FA Cup tie against Yeovil Town on January 4th.

The player is to have another scan on his thigh injury on Monday sparking further rumours that the injury is more serious than has been revealed. The conspiracy theorists on the other hand are trying to suggest that the player isn't injured at all and that he's preparing to leave the Reds for Real Madrid in a multi-million pound transfer in January.

"Michael will be given more time," said the boss. "He probably won't be back for the Yeovil game."

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Its been painful watching in recent weeks, like an old horse, used to be powerful, cant admitt its way past its best , and needs putting down....

its been painful watching in recent years vann,not weeks.2003's crap as well.im hopin 2004 will be a much,much better year for us....

Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

its been painful watching in recent years vann,not weeks.2003's crap as well.im hopin 2004 will be a much,much better year for us....
but you ve gotta remember, always pushing the years saying: "i hope next year will be good", i really like the reds, and my uncles supports them too, soo my wishes are with you scousers... the future lies in the hands of sinama and le tallec - hard to believe their related - anyway... heres to the success at anfield -without houllier (?? maybe?)

-azn

footieBalla said:
i really like the reds, and my uncles supports them too, soo my wishes are with you scousers...

i know ya love us footie,nearly all scum supporters are closet reds anyways,ask vann.he used to be one of our biggest supporter as well until the shift of power....

footieBalla said:
the future lies in the hands of sinama and le tallec - hard to believe their related - anyway... heres to the success at anfield -without houllier (?? maybe?)

-azn

who told ya they were both related??it's ebony and ivory man,how are they related??

They're cousins.
In France there are many africans who are French citizens, in this Case Pongolle.

Look
http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Premiership/page_99_60088.shtml

The youngster, signed from Le Havre with his cousin Florent Sinama-Pongolle, was given a standing ovation by the Liverpool fans when he was replaced by his cousin and he admits it was an emotional moment.

Le Tallec told L'Equipe: "It was a great emotion, obviously. I got shivers down my spine, it was a fabulous moment to experience even more since it was Florent who replaced me and played his first minutes of the season. For a few minutes I thought of all the people who encouraged me for years to take up football. I said to Florent 'go on, lap it up'. As mine did his chance will come but he is a bit frustrated at the moment not to be playing more."

Misfit said:
i know ya love us footie,nearly all scum supporters are closet reds anyways,ask vann.he used to be one of our biggest supporter as well until the shift of power....

haha well, i was, am, and always will be a "manc" ...

Misfit said:
who told ya they were both related??it's ebony and ivory man,how are they related??

hmm, i couldve sworn that ive heard that those two were related! somehow! thats why they went to anfield together ... :oops:

-azn

They have a contract clause which allows one of the two to move only if the other goes. In other words you have to buy them as a pair. Ever since the under 17 world cup, they became one of the youngest and deadliest pair in France with le Havre.

Back
Top Bottom